CHAPTER 29: Second Flavor

Flavor of Love

 


~Triplet’s House~

 

            Jun came into their house all gloomy with his head bowed down. Only Lee is in the house and he’s tuning his violin, but even if he’s busy fixing the tune of his violin he noticed how Jun acts.

 

Lee: Yo! You look like you’re carrying the whole earth.

        What happened?

Jun: This is our first fight.

Lee: You have a love quarrel? That’s good! Love fights make your relationship grow. (He teased trying to cheer up his twin)

Jun: This is serious. I told her about the school in Europe. And…she said that she’s okay with it?

Lee: Huh? (Confuse) Isn’t that good news?

Jun: She didn’t even think twice about it! The point is she didn’t even care about our relationship if I go there.

Lee: Well, that’s kind of a mean. But did you ask her why?

Jun: She said because she’s thinking of my future.

Lee: Well, she also has a point.

Jun: But what I want is to be with her. I can stay and study here.

Lee: So that’s all of her reason?

Jun: She said something but I wasn’t actually listening to her that time because I was really mad. (He said looking down and so depress)

Lee: She was saying something but you’re not listening? Jun, sometimes that’s your problem when you’re angry, you don’t know how to listen. You just look at the person but the truth is you’re not really listening.

        Try to remember it.

Jun: She said…(Trying to remember) hmm…hmm… something about…it’s not about being together anymore…and…I don’t remember the rest!

Lee: Then try to remember!

 

            Jun closed his eyes and reminisced what happened a while ago. In just seconds he opened again his eyes with tears falling down and like a child he sobs. Lee put his hand around his shoulder and comforted his brother.

 

Lee: So you remember now?

Jun: (He nods while wiping his tears)

        She said that it’s because it doesn’t mean that we will not be together anymore and if we really are meant together we will be able to overcome that situation.

Lee: See? She does love you Jun. What you have to do now is…

 

            But before he even finishes his sentence Jun ran out of their house already.

 

 

 

~Sae’s House~

 

Sae: What should I do? What should I do? Are we going to break up because of this?

Mina: I don’t think so, you’re his first love and I can feel that his feelings for you is much deeper. But…if he did that to you, don’t worry me and Ji Eun will go after him.

Sae: (She smiled lightly thankful to have friend like Mina) Thank you…

Mina: But instead of thinking of going to break up have you ever thought of what you said to him?

Sae: I’m just thinking his future, is that wrong?

Mina: No. But…have you imagined if you needed him and he’s not here? Going out without him? Celebrating your anniversary without seeing each other personally? Have you ever think of it, Sae?

 

            While listening to Mina she imagined her life without him and while thinking of it deeply tears fall down from her eyes and then she shook her head as a answer to Mina’s question.

 

Mina: I understand that you only like his future to be better but you should have asked his feelings first. There is no you in this relationship it’s about the two of you. Like what you said he wanted a future to be with you. (Mina wiped away the tears of Sae)

Sae: You’re right. I should go now and talk to him.

 

            She quickly run away and headed to Triplet’s house. However she did not expect that on her way she will meet Jun. They were both surprised to see each other that they were frozen from their place but both of them took courage to take steps towards each other.

 

Sae and Jun: I’m sorry!

Jun: Go ahead.

Sae: I…understand you now…I should have thought about us first before anything else. After thinking about it now I realize that I love you so much that it really hurts by just thinking that you’ll be there and I’m here.

 

            Sae hugged Jun and he held her tightly then after a while they moved away and looked at each other.

 

Jun: But I was stupid not to listen to what you’re saying. You trust our relationship that’s why you said I can go there. You’re right that we can go through anything because we really are belong to each other.

Sae: So are…you willing to go there now?

Jun: What do you think?

Sae: I want…you to stay here but… I’m still thinking about your future…

Jun: I understand…We still have months to decide about this let’s not think about it first.

Sae: Yeah, I don’t want to think about it now.

 

            They smiled to each other then Jun offered his hands to her and Sae happily interlocked her hands into his.


 

            In the meantime Ji Eun and Ryu took a bus since they can’t use the motorcycle of Ryu. Then they walked a little bit before they finally reach their destination Ryu cover the eyes of Ji Eun with his hands and slowly they walked forward. After a while they stopped and Ryu removed his hands.

 

            When Ji Eun opened her eyes she doesn’t believe of what she’s seeing, it’s very magical just like a fantasy. It’s a very beautiful garden that on both sides there are cherry blossoms that has yellow lights and below the trees are different kinds of flowers with different colors. On the middle of it is a nice gazebo and on their way on the gazebo there’s a small bridge and under it is a pond where beautiful fishes are swimming as well as water lilies. When they got to the gazebo there’s a romantic candle light dinner for both of them and there’s a warm music playing in the background. They both sat down and until now Ji Eun can’t believe of what she’s seeing, she looks around with wide eyes and amazement.

 

Ryu: Beautiful isn’t it?

Ji Eun: Really beautiful.

Ryu: I’m happy that you liked it. (Smiling cheekily)

         By the way while eating why don’t we ask each other any question.

Ji Eun: Any question? Are you sure?

Ryu: Yes, why not? You first. (He said as he took a bite of the food)

Ji Eun: Have you kissed a girl even if she’s not your girlfriend?

Ryu: Yes, but most of the time they’re the one who always takes the initiative. (He answered her defensively)

Ji Eun: It’s still the same.

Ryu: What about you?

Ji Eun: No. (She answered him quickly and innocently)

            My turn, are you still a ?

Ryu: Why? Why are you asking such questions like that?

Ji Eun: Why? There’s nothing wrong with my question.

Ryu: …Y-you should have warned me first.

Ji Eun: Why? You’re not a anymore? (She asked him curiously)

Ryu: I am still a but you should have warned me before you asked that.

        Okay my turn, have you thought before to be Lui’s girlfriend?

Ji Eun: Hmm…Yes.

Ryu: What?! (He said practically shouting)

Ji Eun: I thought before that he’ll be a good boyfriend for me but I only thought of it and besides I don’t love him and I only see him as a brother and my best friend. Is there anything wrong with that? 

Ryu: Nothing.

Ji Eun: I want to ask you why you love me.

Ryu: What kind of a question is that?

Ji Eun: I mean, back when we’re at the mountain most of the time you treated me meanly then weeks after that suddenly you told me that you’re falling in love with me. You also told me that I’m the only girl friend that you have. And most importantly I already told you before that I don’t believe in love. 

            Ji Eun was waiting for his answer while Ryu composed himself before answering it. They both stop eating and look in each other’s eyes.

Ryu: Back when we’re at the mountain I actually don’t know what I’m feeling towards you because I hated it when you smile especially your eyes but the truth is the reason why I don’t like it is because it moves my heart, it captivates my whole heart and soul. Even if you’re clumsy and weak on the outside but in the inside you are a strong girl. You think least of yourself, you don’t care about people will say to you. You always find goodness to a person even if he’s the worst person on earth, I told you before Ji Eun-ssi that it all started when you touched my heart. Now tell me will you not fall in love to Ji Eun?

Ji Eun: … (Looking away) I…don’t know because…I don’t believe in love.

Ryu: You said you don’t know it means deep in your heart you do still believe in love.

 

            She clears then drinks the whole glass of water and after that it made her uncomfortable that she can’t even look at him. To make her comfortable again Ryu stood up and offer his hands.

 

Ryu: Will you dance with me?
Ji Eun: (Chuckles) You? Are you serious?

Ryu: Try me. (He said with confidence)

 

            Ji Eun accepted his offer then he looked straight into her eyes deeply, Ryu put his hands to her hand then the other to her waist. A new song started and they also started to dance. Ji Eun was surprise again that Ryu was able to do the steps correctly and with passion. Under the bright full moon two hearts are dancing in the middle of a beautiful, romantic garden.

Ji Eun: H-How did you?

Ryu: Practice makes perfect right? Actually, this is actually the second flavor.

Ji Eun: You took lessons for this dance?

Ryu: (Nod) Way before I ruined your last dance with me, your last dance was with your father  I know that it’s very special for you and even though I will not be able to replace the position of your father I want your last dance to be special and memorable.

Ji Eun: My last dance with you is also memorable. Maybe you ruined that dance but that was the first time a man offered his feet for me to be step on.

Ryu: (Smirk) you’re not the first one who made my heart beat like this but Ji Eun-ssi even if you’re not my first love I can say now that you are…really my true love.

 

            He said under his breath whole heartedly and even if Ryu cannot see Ji Eun’s face his sincere warm words to her made her smile. For both of them this is one of the memorable moments in their lives that they will treasure forever. 

----------------

Thank you for reading please leave a comment and subscribe! Thank you and God Bless! <3