CHAPTER 39: Memories

Flavor of Love

 

 

            Early in the morning Ryu woke up full of hope and is now living up to the words he promised to Ji Eun. He went to the groceries and bought some foods for her including her favorite food. When he got to the hospital their friends was also there telling her stories that she’s really enjoying. They didn’t notice that Ryu came in so he just left the food in there and silently sat on a corner. As he stayed there he realize how he is still thankful that nothing bad happened to her that he can still hear her voice and laugh, see her delicate face, and her eye-smile that always melts his heart.

 

            It was already late lunch time when their friends went out and only Ji Eun and sleeping Ryu stayed in the room. Ji Eun stared at him from her bed and whenever she looked at him she doesn’t understand but it always gives her a smile. She then suddenly move her eyes away when he woke up.

 

Ryu: Hello.

Ji Eun: Hello.

 

            Suddenly there’s awkwardness between them.

 

Ryu: So! How are you now?

Ji Eun: Good. But I still don’t know when I’m going out.

Ryu: Okay. By the way as far as I remember we met a few days ago…

Ji Eun: (Thinking) …

            Really?

Ryu: Yup, you tripped in front of me.

Ji Eun: Woah, Omo! Yes! Now I remember it’s you. You gave me your handkerchief right? When I found it I’ll give it back to you. Thank you.

Ryu: No need, You already gave it back to me. We actually become close friends after that.

Ji Eun: But… I don’t remember you go to school with us?

Ryu: I took a vacation and we’re classmates now…

Ji Eun: Ah, okay. Mina and Sae are your brothers’ girlfriends, right? Tell them to be good to my friends okay?

Ryu: I’ll tell that to them.

        And oh, before I forget. I’m Ryu.

Ji Eun: R-ryu?

Ryu: Yes, you remember me now?

Ji Eun: It does sound…strange.

Ryu: Yah, my name does not sound strange.

         I have to give you something.

 

            He took a mask from his pocket and put it on to Ji Eun; she remembered the mask as it was a gift from his father.

 

Ji Eun: Did I give you this? (Confuse)

Ryu: (Nod) you told me that I’m always sad so you put this on me.

Ji Eun: I value this so much…that…it will be hard for me to just…give it.

 

            Ryu chuckles as she spoiled something that old Ji Eun didn’t tell her when he asked her if she did something she haven’t done with Lui before.

 

Ryu: It’s because we’re like this. (Showing his crossed fingers)

Ji Eun: …

Ryu: You know I think I’m gonna love you now than before.

Ji Eun: Huh? W-what do you mean? (She asked surprised)

Ryu: Yah, you heard me right! I like you, actually I love you to death but you don’t love me at all.

Ji Eun: R-really? You’re not joking right?

Ryu: Do I look like I’m joking?

Ji Eun: Then do you also send me letters like an admirer? Or y-you’re…a stalker?

Ryu: Ji Eun-ssi if I’m a stalker you will not give me that mask.

Ji Eun: Then why do you like me? You said I was clumsy and…and you were really angry to me yesterday.

 

            Ryu paused for a while and moved closer to him with his evil seductive smile.

Ryu: It’s because of your smile especially your eyes it moves my heart, it captivates my whole heart and soul. Even if you’re clumsy and weak on the outside but in the inside you are a strong girl. You think least of yourself, you don’t care about people will say to you. You always find goodness to a person even if he’s the worst person on earth, I told you before Ji Eun-ssi that it all started when you touched my heart. Now tell me will you not fall in love to Ji Eun?

 

            Ji Eun got confuse that something and somewhere she already heard that before.

 

Ji Eun: Did you get that from a drama? Aish, you really watch a lot of it neh?

Ryu: This is my original line; I said this to you during a date!

Ji Eun: Wait. Wait. If you’re the only one who likes me…How could we be on a date? It really confuses me now!

Ryu: It’s because you’re kind and you let me date you for three times and after that…if…if you still don’t love me…I promised that I would have let you go…

Ji Eun: So it’s like a deal?

Ryu: Yeh.

Ji Eun: So what happened next?

 

            He took a deep sigh and looked intensely through her eyes. When she looked at it his intense sight is full of sincerity and it made her heart beat really fast.

 

Ryu: You…you told me to stop…But then I told you that…

         Ji Eun-ssi…I don’t know how will I heal the wound of your past but I want you to know that… I may not promise you that we will always be happy and that we will be together forever as death will always be part of our life but… what I can promise to you is that my feelings for you will never be change I will always love you and be faithful to you. And…it will stay the same even if I have to wait until the end of time…

            They looked into each other and Ji Eun noticed his eyes were in tears as he said those words on her. She then suddenly felt her vision changes, a flashes of images came into her mind. She held her head as it confuses her.

Ryu: Ji Eun, are you okay?

Ji Eun: It hurts…It hurts…

 

            She said as she hold her head so Ryu rushed outside and called the doctor, they quickly gave her an anti pain medication and they asked her to have a rest for a while.

 

Doctor: Have a rest and don’t force yourself to remember. Everything has its right time, okay?

Ji Eun: (Nod)

 

            Then the doctor left them…

 

Ji Eun: But I was not forcing it… (She complained)

Ryu: Did you saw something?
Ji Eun: It’s not clear, I really can’t tell.

Ryu: Okay, then let me tell you our story…

 

            So Ryu started his story on the day they met at the rooftop, he was happy telling their story because it’s like going back to the past again. There are just some things which Ji Eun don’t understand or confuses her but most of the time she’s enjoying the story that they have. She can already feel the closeness that they had before however what she doesn’t understand is that there’s something about Ryu that made her smile. However their conversation was cut when Lui came in so Ryu had to go and leave them. He went outside with a smile on his face and thought to give Mr. and Mrs. Yoon a visit.


~Mr. and Mrs. Yoon’s Grave~

 

Ryu: I don’t know if I’m going to be thankful of her condition. I was happy that she forgot about her painful experiences this past few days but she also forgot about us, about me…I just hope and pray that she’ll be okay and…and start to be happy now.

 

            The next day came and Ji Eun stayed the same but because from the stories of her friends she’s slowly recovering from what happened to her though she can't still remember anything about it. However she also feels that a part of her life is missing, she doesn’t know what is it yet but deep down she knows it’s really important.

She tried to remember what that is until she gets into her bed but until she fell asleep her brain remain empty about it. In her sleep a sudden rush of images came into her dreams, but it’s much clearer this time. She saw herself packing her bags then suddenly there’s another scene where she was on a bike, tired and looking very pale and then she saw a hill where a man was standing but he’s too far for her to recognize him, however out of nowhere a fast moving vehicle pass by her and suddenly her mind got blank and the next thing is that she was on the ground covered with blood.

           

            Ji Eun woke up afraid of what she just saw in her dream, she get out of her bed and went to the bathroom where she washed her face. Her friends Mina and Sae got up too and followed her all worried.

 

Mina: Ji Eun, are you okay?

Ji Eun: I had a dream, but I think it’s not just a dream. It happened to me.

Sae: Do you still remember it?

Ji Eun: I was…I was going somewhere. I don’t know where then I saw someone I didn’t recognize the person and suddenly I was already…covered with blood.

Sae: Do you want me to call a doctor?

Ji Eun: N-no. I’m fine…I’ll be fine. I just need to take a rest.

Mina: Yes, you really do need to take a rest.

 

            They assisted her back to her bed then both of them also got to their places, since it’s already late at night Mina and Sae easily went back to their sleep. While Ji Eun stayed on her bed staring at the ceiling, then suddenly she remembers the things that the nurse gave to her this morning. She sat up and reached the drawer to get it, there’s her washed clothes, slippers, a watch and a piece of paper where there’s no name in it. Ji Eun stared on the damaged watch and notice that there’s a picture in it however you can’t recognize what it is since it was really damage. So she just put it down and read the letter that she know it’s her handwritten. There’s no name to whom she’s addressing it to but tears run down in her face as she read it.

           

            When Ji Eun notice that Sae and Mina were sleeping deeply, quietly she put on a jacket, sneak out of her room and went to the hospital garden where she can feel the wind blowing against her face. She stares at the sky wishing to remember the past few years that fate took away from her.

 

Ji Eun: I already lost my parents, but why…why do I still have to suffer like this?

 

            Then suddenly she felt that someone is watching her so she glance at her back and saw Ryu was there standing.

 

Ryu: It’s cold here.

Ji Eun: I just want to get some fresh air.

           

            She started to walk but she stopped for a while to ask something to Ryu.

Ji Eun: Ryu, what if I will not remember you again?

Ryu: Don’t say that. I know you will.

Ji Eun: But what if I won’t?! Like what you said this is not a drama! My life doesn't always end up with a happy ending!

Ryu: Then I will always be here to help you! I will help you to remember. The times when we dance…I let you step on my shoes. You said I’m the only person who did that to you. When we went up to the mountain, got stranded and fought a bear; we even stayed together in an old house. When you ask me to talk to my father and reconcile us. When you touch my heart and ease my pain! Ji Eun, I will not get tired of telling those stories to you if that’s what you need!

 

            Ryu was telling her the special moments they shared together with tears in his eyes. Ji Eun walk towards her and wipe his tears away and took his hands.

 

Ji Eun: You’re really a good person. Believe me or not I really wanted to remember what I felt those times but you fell in love with the Ji Eun I barely know. I don’t feel the same way she felt towards you before. I can’t…or I don’t know if I could be her.

Ryu: What are you trying to say?

Ji Eun: F-find…find someone else and…

Ryu: And what?! That Ji Eun and you are just the same! Both of you keep on pushing me away! I want you to remember, but if you never will that wouldn’t stop me loving you! But…if that’s what you always want then…I’ll find someone who is better than you, someone who can give me a happy ending!

      

            He takes back his hands and walk away leaving Ji Eun in the cold night.

----------------

Thank you for reading! Please subscribe and comment! Happy new year and God Bless!

BTW, next chapter will be the FINALE! Yaahoo!!!  So will this be a happy ending or not??? What do you want? Keke~