CHAPTER 31: The truth

Flavor of Love

 

                       Lee, Jun and Ryu split in school to ask the students and the staffs there who they saw first came in school. They go around asking them until one of the janitors that Jun asked tell him that a girl came in school early this morning however he wasn’t able to recognize the student’s face but what he’s sure of is that she’s a senior student like them and he just describe the rest that he could remember about her. After finding that information Jun called his brothers and meet each other.

 

Ryu: What did you found out?

Jun: Someone here on school posted those pictures, a senior like us and she’s a girl.

Lee: She might also be the one who’s in the picture. Did you date a girl recently? Before you got interested with Ji Eun?

 

            Ryu think deeply and thought that he tried to date girls again when he got confuse of what he’s really feeling towards Ji Eun.

 

Ryu: I dated girls when I got confuse about Ji Eun but I don’t remember where I took them.

Lee: But you did dated girls?

Ryu: Hmm…I dated different girls that time.

Jun: Aish. I bet you kissed all of them.

Ryu: N-not all of them. What sh-should I do? I was confused back then! (He said defensively)

Lee: Still that’s not a good reason; maybe you already got STD for doing those things.

Ryu: Yah! What are you thinking? I did not sleep any of them.

Lee: Okay, if that’s what you said.

Ryu: Because that’s the truth.

Jun: Ryu, if you look at those girls again will you remember them?

Ryu: (Nod) Yes. I have a feeling that girl is here in school.

 

            Together they looked for that right person however they did not expected that it’ll be hard since Ryu dated almost the girls in their school. They went around the campus but still Ryu can’t match the girl from the picture to the girls in their school. So their last place to go is the gymnasium, and on their way to the gym Lee notice someone’s watching them behind the trees. Curious, he walked towards it and the other two followed him. When they got there they saw a shy girl hiding behind the tree.

 

Lee: Why are you watching us?

Girl: (nervous) I…I just want to see…Ryu.

Ryu: Wait a minute…I recognize you. I dated you before right?

Girl: (Nod shyly)…

Lee: You also dated this girl?

 

            Lee and Jun were surprised since the girl look so weird and shy type. The girl also has not friends in school and most of the time they just see her alone in one corner.

 

Ryu: Yes, but she’s the one who asked me out. But that was long ago. Anyway, how are you?

Girl: I-Im…fine…

Ryu: I always read your letters but…I already told you that…I’m seeing someone now and…and I’m serious about her.

         Well, take care of yourself okay?

Girl: (Looked away)…

           

            The girl did not answer so the boys just let her and walked away.

 

Lee: She’s kinda weird neh?  

Jun: She still writes love letters for you?

Ryu: Yes, the last one was yesterday but already told her before that I’m already serious with Ji Eun but that did not stop her.

Jun: Wait, just now that girl…she kinda resemble the girl that the…

 

            Jun looked both of his brothers with wide eyes while they are looking at him with anticipation.

 

Lee and Ryu: What?

Jun: Janitor described.

 

            The three of them ran back to where they left her but she’s already gone so they looked for her until they saw her in the room sitting alone. They went inside and locked all the doors. The girl was surprised and also nervous to see them there. Ryu walked towards her but before he even get to say a word Lee interrupt him because he saw how angry he is, Jun also stayed with Ryu.

 

Lee: We found out that you came to school early and went to the same room where these pictures posted. (Showing the pictures to her)

Girl: What?

Lee: We just want the truth.

Girl: You’re accusing me without enough proofs?

Jun: Then what did you do here in school that early?

Girl: I…I…studied.

 

            That’s when Ryu lose his temper and went in front of her then he slammed both of his hands to the desk where she is sitting and he looked at her straight into her eyes furiously.

Ryu: Yah! You posted those pictures, why?!

Girl: (She looked away scared of Ryu)

Ryu: Answer me before I completely lose my temper.

Lee: Ryu. (He said to calm Ryu a bit)

Girl: … Okay, I was the one who posted those pictures but it’s because I don’t like Ji Eun she’s a person who don’t deserve to be loved!

Ryu: Who are you to say that?! Especially don’t say things to her like you know her.

Girl: Why? Do you know her that well?

Ryu: That’s none of your business.

Girl: That girl thinks everything here in this world is perfect! Now she knows she’s not living in a fairy tale world! I hate her!

Ryu: I’m warning you, stop saying those things to her! (He said practically shouting trying to control his temper)

 

            He said then he turns his back on her but then the girl called her again.

 

Girl: I know you will never like or love me. But I know someone who deserves your love and you also once loved her. Remember now?

Ryu: Huh, you’re right I will never love you but when I dated you I thought you’re a good person, now everything changes.

 

            The girl stood up and walked away leaving them there.

 

Ryu: No way…

Lee: Why?

Ryu: I know the girl from the picture. It’s Jessica.

Jun: You mean you kissed?
Ryu: Yes, but not me…she kissed me. But I already told her that I don’t love her.

Lee: You mean she wants you back? Since when?

Ryu: Since we saw each other in a vacation. She said that she realized that she does still loves me but I’m over with her.

Jun: This will be a big scandal in their family if they found out about this.

Lee: Yes, she needs to know about this before it’s too late.

Ryu: No, I have to find Ji Eun and explain to her everything first.

 



 

            Lui stopped his car in front of a restaurant then he looked at Ji Eun who is just quiet staring outside the window.

 

Lui: Hey, Ji Eun are you really okay?

Ji Eun: (Slowly move her eyes on him) Actually I don’t know what…I’m feeling but something is bothering me I don’t know what it is…I don’t even understand this.

Lui: Truth. That’s what bothering you. You want to find out the truth.

Ji Eun: Yeah, maybe you’re right. It might also be the reason why I’m here.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

            Ji Eun remembered what Lui said as she walks in the empty restaurant to the table where a lady is sitting. Then she sat to the opposite chair and looked at her bravely.

 

Jessica: They are right; you’re tougher than I thought. I also did not expect that you would agree to meet me here.

Ji Eun: Just say what you need to say.

Jessica: I’m sure you heard this before…I want you to stop seeing Ryu. Well, before things gets worst. (Then she took a sip of her tea)

Ji Eun: Why?

Jessica: What? You’re really testing me huh?

 

            Then she took money from her bag and gave it to Ji Eun.

 

Ji Eun: So you’re going to pay just to stay away from him?

Jessica: No, I’m giving it back to you.

 

            Ji Eun was confused but when she looked on the amount of money it’s the same as the amount of the money that the three bullies took from her.

 

Ji Eun: You mean… (Surprise)

Jessica: Yes, I was the one who told them to take your money.

Ji Eun: And also bully me? Trying to drown me and throwing eggs on me?

Jessica: W-what? (She did not expect to hear that that’s why she’s somehow surprise)

              Y-yes! Just to make you…suffer…

Ji Eun: Ryu doesn’t like you get over it.

Jessica: Huh, you’re really stupid neh?

 

            She took another thing from her bag but this time it made Ji Eun really surprise that she wasn’t able to speak.

Jessica: Yes, that girl in the picture is me. I also asked someone from your school to post that.

Ji Eun: W-what kind…of a person are you?

Jessica: I’m a person who really loves Ryu. Can’t you see he really doesn’t love you he’s just using you because he can’t get over me. Did he tell you that I’m getting a divorce to be with him?

Ji Eun: You will destroy your marriage just to get him back?

Jessica: You don’t know a thing about my marriage and my husband. My life now is a living hell. I don’t want to give my ba…my future to him!

            Ryu and I will be together again. So from now on stay away from him!

 

            Ji Eun doesn’t understand but her eyes got teary and her hands were trembling again so she clenched it.

 

Ji Eun: You…you should say that to…Ryu not to me. 

            After saying that she quickly took off and went back to Lui who is waiting for her in the car.

 

Lui: What happened?

Ji Eun: Let’s get out of here.

 

            With no more words Lui followed her and gave her ride to her work. However just when she thought she’ll be able to escape from reality for a while when she entered in the café Ryu was there waiting for her. Lui who’s standing on her back wanted to take her away but he realizes doing that will not change everything. That’s why even if it hurts him he just leaves the cafe. Ryu asked permission to talk to her that’s why Lia, the manager and owner of the café allowed them to go outside and talk.

--------------------

Thank you for reading! Hope you like it! Hit the comments and subscribe! Thanks and God Bless! <3