CHAPTER 38: Emptiness

Flavor of Love

 

            It’s been days since Ji Eun told him to stop now and from that moment he felt like time moves very slowly, like every minute to him is an hour. His phone went missing when he had a fight in some gangsters on the street that’s why his family can’t contact him. He also didn’t go home last night and just spend his time with Ji Eun’s parents where he can find peace.

 

           Ryu stood up in front of the grave of Ji Eun’s parents smiling bitterly. His face has a bruise at the side of his lips and you can tell that he’s been in street fights for his messy hair and clothes.

 

Ryu: Mr. and Mrs. Yoon. I did all I can but I didn’t know that we will still end up like this. Please help me heal her wounds.

            He fell into his knees as he said it to them and tears started to roll down in his face but he was able to manage it. He stayed and spend the whole night there. The next day he went back home to take a bath and change clothes but there are no one in there since they were all in school. Then he goes wondering on the streets again, picking up fights because for him by doing that he is able to releases his angst and even for a moment would feel numb.

 

            It’s already late night when he went back to his home with wound on the side of his cheek and the bruise on his lips.

 

Lee: Ryu! Where have you been?! (He asked worriedly but also practically shouting mad at him)

Ryu: …

Jun: Please stop doing this…

Ryu: I’m already tired…

 

            He walks back in his room but then Lee told him to stop since he need to know something important.

 

Lee: Ryu, you have to know something.

Ryu: What?

Lee: While you were away, Ji Eun came here yesterday looking for you.

Ryu: R-really?

Jun: Yes, she even called you but you were not answering.

Ryu: It’s because I lost my phone, so what did she say?

 

            Suddenly Ryu become excited and his eyes were full of anticipation to know what Ji Eun wants.

Lee: She’s just looking for you.

Jun: It’s because Jessica tried to help you to get together again. She said you’re suicidal and so she went running looking for you.

Lee: But, looks like you two didn’t saw each other.

Jun: Could it be she changed her mind?

Ryu: Then call her!

 

            Lee contact her phone but no one is answering.

 

Lee: She’s not answering it.

Jun: Maybe she left. Jessica just came in time before she left.

 

            Ryu went straight ahead to her house after hearing that. When he got there he found out that the door is not locked and the luggage that they are saying is still at the side of the door where she last left it. He walks inside the house and called her but no one’s answering. He tried to call her phone using Jun’s cell phone but then he heard it ringing inside her room.

 

Ryu: Aish! She’s really clumsy. Really? How could she forget her phone?

 

            He went outside, locked the door behind him and went back to his house.

 

Jun: So how’s it?

Ryu: She’s not there and her bag is still there. She also forgot her phone.

Lee: Then where is she? Could something happen to her?

Ryu: Aish! Don’t say such kind of things! Maybe she’s with her girl friends or with Lui.

        Better yet call your girlfriends and ask them.

 

            So they called their girlfriends as what Ryu wished however what they found out have surprised them both that it left them speechless after they hanged up their phones.

 

Ryu: Why? What’s up with that expression? You found out something. Say it!

Jun: Ah…D-don’t be surprise neh?

Ryu: W-why?

 

            He felt nervous even if he didn’t hear them yet.

 

Lee: She’s…she’s in the hospital. Mina, only told me that she got on an accident.

Ryu: Then how is she?

Jun: Sae told me that, she’s recovering now and let’s just go there.

 

            They did not waste any more time and immediately went to the hospital with their car. Ryu ran into the stairs as he can’t wait anymore to the elevator to come down. Anxiously he started to wonder how is she going, what happened to her?  Questions started to came up on his mind as he closely gets to her. Then finally he was standing right in front of her room panting. With no more hesitations, he took a deep breath then he grabbed the door knob and opened it, his brothers also came in after him. Quietly and slowly they walked in and saw Ji Eun sitting quietly on her bed with a bandage on her forehead and also in her right arm. Seeing her fine and very much alive made him relieve and so he walks towards her.

 

Ryu: Yah! You made us all worried because of your clumsiness. How could you do that? I said I’m going to wait for you but not to your next life.

       You made me… really worry about you…

 

            He said as he looked straight in her eyes but then Ji Eun just kept quiet and also the people around them but she was also the first to speak up.

 

Ji Eun: I-I’m sorry to cause all of you trouble. 

Lui: It was an accident, so don’t worry.

Ryu: Okay, let’s just forget about it…So how are you?

Ji Eun: I’m fine, I think so…

 

            She paused for a while and shyly looked at the new comers one by one.

 

Ji Eun: Ah…excuse me but…can you please introduce yourself?

Triplets: Eh?

Ryu: What do you mean, huh?

Lui: Ryu, be easy on her she has… amnesia; the doctor said she hit her head badly.

Jun: You mean she don’t remember anything?

Mina: All she remember is months after the death of her parents.

Ji Eun: I-I’m really sorry.

Ryu: Yah! This is not a drama or something, stop acting.

Lui: We’re not lying.

Ryu: You… really don’t remember me, huh?

 

            They looked into each other’s eyes and by just only looking at him Ji Eun suddenly felt strange but then she really can’t really remember anything even small part about him, so she slowly shook her head.

 

            Ryu stared at her can’t believe of what is really going on. He doesn’t know if it’s still reality or not. Frustrated he went out of her room and goes up to the roof top. His eyes filled with tears as he remembers her condition and there he shouted angrily to let go of his feelings. His brothers followed him up there wanting to comfort him.

Lee: Ryu.

Ryu: If only I stayed in our house this shouldn’t be happening.

Jun: It’s an accident so don’t blame yourself.

Ryu: I thought this only happen in dramas! But…this is real life right? She forgot about us and…about me…

Lee: Have faith that she’ll remember again. You know what the moment I saw her in front of our house looking for you…I saw it in her eyes…she really cares and loves you…

Jun: It’s only her brain that forgot about you not her… heart, so like you said… just wait on her…

--------

Thank you for reading! God Bless!