CHAPTER 5: Bleeding Heart

Flavor of Love

 

                         

 

           

            Everyone at that event is wearing formal attire. The guests are not that many only the close relatives and close friends of the celebrant. The place has mix of blue and black that made it even formal. With that kind of attire and style it’s kind of hard not to stare and fall in love with the triplets.

 

Ryu: (On the phone with Ji Eun) Hey, where are you?

Ji Eun: Almost there, it’s your fault you should have at least fetch me.

Ryu: I have to prepare that’s why. Hurry up!

Ji Eun: Yes Mr. Hero!

      Ah, I think I’m here. (She shut her phone and stepped out from the taxi)

 

            Ryu quickly went to the entrance to his date. When he got there he saw a different Ji Eun. Well, a Ji Eun that’s not wearing a lousy clothes but in a cute violet bubble dress with a black stockings and a nice headband that complement her hair.

 

Ryu: Wow… I didn’t know you have inner fashion. (He looked at her from top to bottom with his smile)

Ji Eun: Stop doing that evil seductive smile it won’t work with me.

Ryu: That’s how I smile, accept it.

         Com’on I’ll introduce you with my family.

 

            So they went in and as they walk Ji Eun looked at the place with amazement because it’s her first time to be in a place like this.

Ji Eun: This place is like in movies. I didn’t know your family is this rich.

Ryu: Well, not us but our grandma she’s the one who paid all of these.

Ji Eun: Oooh. Cool.

       Takuyaki my favorite! (She said as she took three from the waiter)

Lee: Hey! Nice dress I’m sure boys around here will fall in love with you.

Jun: You look beautiful. (Smile)

 

            After Jun said that their cousin who’s two years older to them approached them and introduces his self to Ji Eun. He has a height and a face of a model and looks very confident.

 

Dan: Hello Ms. Beautiful. (He took Ji Eun’s hand and kissed it) My name is Daniel but you can call me Dan and you are?

 

            Ji Eun quickly took back her hand and is a bit surprise to him of what he did that’s why she wasn’t able to answer right away.

 

Ji Eun: Ji Eun…(With a mouthful of takuyaki)

Ryu: Hey! Stay away from her. She’s mine. (Ryu warned him)

Dan: What do you mean? One of your girls?

Ryu: Just stay away, I mean it. I don’t care if this is the party of your father.

Dan: Easy… I’m just introducing myself. (Then he walked away.)

Ji Eun: Thanks. (To Ryu)

Lee: Oh Ryu that is so cheesy!

Jun: Sweet.

Ryu: Aish!

        By the way, is she here?

Lee: Who? Why not say her name? Trust me it won’t kill you.

Ryu: Jessica. Is she here?

Jun: I saw her a while ago talking to your grandma.

Ryu: Good. Com’on I’ll introduce you to them. (They left)

Lee: Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

Jun: Yeah. This is bad.

 

            However while making their way to his grandma the same messenger who invited them blocked their way.

 

Man: Excuse me sir. Your grandma told me that you need to get ready for your presentation.

Ji Eun: W-what? (nervous)

Man: You’re the second to perform after Ms. Jessica.

 

            The guests clapped and so they make their way into the crowd until they saw Jessica in the center wearing her ballet outfit.

 

Ji Eun: That Jessica is the ballet rising star right? You mean she’s the friend you’re saying. (Surprise)

Ryu: …

Ji Eun: Why didn’t you tell me? I’m a fan of hers. Wow, I didn’t expect this.

Ryu: …

 

            Ji Eun stopped talking because she noticed that Ryu wasn’t interested of what she’s saying and he’s just staring at Jessica who’s dancing like a beautiful swan. Jessica is a rising star of ballet and she won the national ballet competition last year. She has a perfect body of a ballerina, a glass like skin and if you would describe pretty and charming she’s the perfect living description of that.

            Jessica dances like she’s feeling every step that she makes that’s why even the audiences that watch her were like somehow feels what she feels. One of the guests said it’s very touching others said it’s sad. But out of all who’s watching only Ryu has these teary eyes while watching her every move and it’s only him who thinks that her dance is full of pain. He looked away to prevent his tears to fall down. When she finally finished her dance all of the people there gave her a round of applause. She bowed down to every side and when she finally on the place where Ryu is she paused for a while and made a smile to him however he just look away as if he didn’t saw it.

 

Ryu: We need to get ready.

Ji Eun: Okay, I need to breathe in and breathe out. (Nervously she breathes in and out)

Ryu: Listen to me all you have to do is to count the steps.

Ji Eun: A-and smile and e-eye contact and… (Stuttering) Oh my, I am really nervous. Jessica is really good and y-you, you can’t even dance with partner…

Ryu: Aish! I’m also nervous but listen you have to trust me in this one okay? I’ll tell you what to do and just follow.

Ji Eun: Can I just pee for a while?

Ryu: No. Hold it…

 

            The emcee of the party called the attention of the guests again then he announced the next performer.

 

Emcee: Good evening to all of you especially to our dear celebrant. The next and last performer is one of the grandson of Mrs. Lin and nephew of the celebrant. Let’s welcome Mr. Ryu and his partner Ms. Ji Eun

 

            The celebrant is surprise to hear the name of his nephew because knowing him he’s really not into dancing. Jessica is also surprise of the fact that he’s dancing and that he’s going to dance with someone.

 

Lee: Oh God please help his feet. (He prayed)

Jun: I don’t know but I’m also nervous.

 

            Because the lights were dimmed and when it finally lightens up together with a sweet song both Ji Eun and Ryu walk in but in different places. Ji Eun smiled so Ryu evil-smiled too then they walked in the center and bowed to each other and just like what they practiced he put his dominant hand to her waist and the other is on her hand and Ji Eun’s other hand is on his shoulder.

 

Ryu: Now, Put your feet on mine. (Whispered)

Ji Eun: W-what? (Whispered)

Ryu: Just do it then count

            So with no choice Ji Eun stepped on his feet and he pulled her a bit closer to him. The audience clapped because of course this is their first time to see someone do this. Then he start dancing while Ji Eun continue to count and in her surprise Ryu made some steps that they didn’t practice but it complemented their dance. Then after a while Ryu made Ji Eun  stepped out to make her do two spins then she stepped in again to do a few more dancing and to end their dance Ryu made her stepped out again then he spin her away with his hand then spin her back and catches her with his arms.

 

Ji Eun: Ouch. (She whispered complaining to her foot that he’s stepping hard)

 

            However Ryu’s eyes were at Jessica who’s watching not far from them. The audience clapped again but not as loud as Jessica’s but still it’s unexpected. Then his brothers and their grandmother went on them.

 

Mrs. Lin: Oh I’m proud of you. (Kissing Ryu’s forehead)

Ryu: Thank you. (Smiling)

Lee: How did you do that huh? Well, good job you impressed us.

Mrs. Lin: And what is the name of this beautiful young lady?

Ji Eun: I’m Ji Eun (Bowed)

Ryu: She’s the one who taught me that dance and…and my new girlfriend.

 

            There was silence after he said that then they all looked at Ryu with surprise.

 

Ryu: She just said yes a while ago. (Smiling)

 

            Ji Eun is about to explain and complain when Ryu put a sushi in that he took on the waiters tray.

 

Ryu: Isn’t this your favorite? Oh…you’re really cute. (Pinching her cheeks) Want more? (So he stocked another sushi in ).

Jun: Well congratulation to the two of you.

Lee: Actually you two look good together.

 

            Jun and Lee commented to make it more realistic.

 

Mrs. Lin: I’m happy to hear that you’re finally moved on.

 

            Ji Eun can’t take it anymore so she excused herself. Ryu also excused his self but to look for Jessica until he saw her enter on one of the girl’s restroom. He followed her inside and locked it.

 

Ryu: Jessica.

Jessica: What are you doing here?

Ryu: Can we just talk for a while?

Jessica: You should be with your girlfriend.

Ryu: How can you believe that she’s really my girlfriend? Do you really think that someone could replace you? Jessica please give me another chance. (He begged sincerely)

 

            They look with each other’s eyes but Jessica is the first one to look away with tears falling down in her eyes.

 

Ryu: You don’t have to marry that guy!

Jessica: You think I want that to happen?

Ryu: Then don’t! You’ll sacrifice your life, dream and love for your company?

Jessica: Yes! I will do that because I’m not selfish like you I loved you, you know that but your love suffocated me.

Ryu: I know I was selfish but I changed myself for you. I can show you how I’m really sorry. Come with me. (He said sincerely as he looks deeply into her eyes)

Jessica: You should move on because I already did.

Ryu: I don’t believe that because I can still feel your love.

Jessica: Move. Let me out!

 

            Ryu moved but before Jessica even reached the door he grabbed her hand and pull over him and then he kissed her with both tears flowing down in their faces. Jessica felt how Ryu still  love her and she knows that deep in her heart after what he did to her she does still love him but for her she needs to do what is right and the right thing is to let him go and accept the marriage that her family arranged for her.

 

Jessica: (She breaks out from his arms) please, for the last time don’t be selfish don’t make this even hard for me. (She said with her teary eyes looking on him and with her hand on his cheek)

 

            She turned her back on him crying and was like she stabbed her own heart of what she did to him after she finally walked away. Ryu loosen up his tie and took a deep breath just like what Ji Eun taught him. However he felt the sudden rush of blood to his head as he look at his self in the mirror with full of anger to his own self. He clench his trembling hand and the next that happened was…

 

Ryu: Aaah!!

 

He shouted as he punched the mirror with full of anger making the mirror break and his hands bleed.