CHAPTER 26: His Story

Flavor of Love

 

 

           

~Grandma’s House~

 

Grandma: I promise to him not to tell this to you but I can’t just sit here not doing anything with this family.

Jun: What is it grandma?

Grandma: You father, since you came back here every month he always visit here for a week to see how you are doing.

Ryu: Why are you telling this to us now? (He asked coldly)

Grandma: For you to know that your father really loves you. He cares about you.

Lee: Then why doesn’t he just show himself and tell that to us?

Grandma: I asked him the same question but…

Ryu: He can’t answer it! He’s still the same. What he’s doing now is useless.

Grandma: I’m sure he has a very good reason. He’s leaving now and why you still have time go and face him. If he can’t reach his hands to you then why don’t you take the first step to do that?

Ryu: We already did that before and he just ignored us.

Grandma: So you will just give up? That’s it?

Jun: It’s just that it’s hard to reach on to person who really doesn’t want to be with you.

Grandma: But I tell you, your father really loves you.

 

            After that conversation the triplets talked to each other of what they are going to do.

 

Lee: So…what do you think?  

Jun: Why don’t we try and go there. 

Ryu: To what? He’s going to leave us again, didn’t you hear that? 

Lee: We all know he can’t just stay here. 

Ryu: If he really loves us he will stay.  

     I will not go, but if you want to you have all the rights. 

 

 

            Then he ride on to his motorcycle and left them.

 


 

Man: She was having a crucial labor.

         It’s a matter of life and death.

        I did what she said.

 

Ryu: Our Mother died giving birth to us.

       Our father hates us.

       This is the picture of my mother together with my father.

 

            Then it hit Ji Eun as she remembered the picture that Ryu showed to her in the mountain. The picture is old and they’re still look young in that picture but his smile didn’t change. Not only that his story and Ryu’s story is connected. That’s why right away she tried to call Ryu then the other two but they are all out of reach and as soon as the bus stops Ji Eun stepped out from it and ran to go to his house. While running her thoughts kept on going thinking that the man she just met a while ago is the father of triplets.

 

Ji Eun: Ji Eun ah! How could you be so stupid not to know?  

 

            He asked to herself as she ran, when she got to their house she was catching her breath and sweat is all over her body even if the weather is somehow cold. She pressed the doorbell so many times but no one’s answering.

 

Ji Eun: What should I do? What should I do?

 

            She kept on asking herself then she realized that she needs help. Ji Eun called her two other friends--Mina and Sae then she explained to them about the situation of the father of the triplets. She also told them that he is leaving tonight and they only have one hour and a half to bring the triplets to the airport. Her friends agreed and told her that they will took care of Lee and Jun. So Ji Eun only needs to look for Ryu.

 

Ji Eun: But where? Where is he?

 

            Because she’s out of money all she could do is to run again. Now she went to their school and break in to go to the roof top however when she got there it’s really empty that’s why she need to think of another place. Ji Eun tried to run again but her body is already giving up and so her last option is to call her best friend for help. After a few minutes Lui came in with his car.

 

Lui: What happened? And what happened to your face?

Ji Eun: This is nothing. We need to find Ryu.

Lui: That’s it? You said it’s an emergency.

Ji Eun: Yes it is. It’s about his father. But where? Where? (She kept pacing back and forth)

Lui: Stop that, you make me dizzy. Think of someone that knows him. Call his brothers.

Ji Eun: I already did that but no one’s picking.

            Wait…he once told me that he goes to his mother’s grave when he want to be at peace. We have to go there.

Lui: And where is that?

Ji Eun: Well…that I don’t know, yet.

             But…Grandma knows about it!

Lui: You know his grandma?

 

            While Ji Eun is dialing her phone Lui thought to himself that Ji Eun and Ryu might be closer than he thought now for her to know the triplets father and also their grandma.  

 

Ji Eun: Grandma, sorry to bother you. I just need to ask where the grave of the triplet’s mother is.

Grandma: It’s not here. It’s in Japan. Why you ask? (She talked in a very low dull tone)

Ji Eun: Oh…is that so. I need to find Ryu.

             Thank you for your help grandma. (Then she closed her phone with despair)

             What should I do? I only have few minutes left.

Lui: Why do you have to fix their family issues? I know he’s your friend but it’s their problem. Ji Eun-ssi, are you listening?

Ji Eun: That’s it! I know where he is! Let’s go to my parents’ grave.

Lui: He knows where it is?

 

            So Lui and Ji Eun went on her parents’ grave and in her surprise she saw him there lying on the grass and just staring at the sky. Ji Eun happily run over him and stood over his head then she bent down calling his name. When he saw her face appear in front of him his eyes widen seeing her very cute eye-smile.

 

Ryu: What are you doing here?

Ji Eun: Did you forget this is my parent’s grave?

Ryu: Wait. Who did that to you?

 

            Noticing the small bruise at the side of her lip, he stood up and lightly touched it worriedly.

 

Ji Eun: Forget about this. (taking off his hands)

             We need to go now.

 

            She took his hands and pulls him after her. Not from a far Lui was waiting and it caught his attention when he saw them holding hands and when they got into his car Ryu even smirked to him being proud of Ji Eun holding his hands trying to make Lui jealous.

            Ryu and Ji Eun sat at the back of his car and as soon as they got in Lui started the engine and took off. 

 

Ryu: Where are w going?

Ji Eun: Your father is here.

Ryu: I know.

Ji Eun: You know?

Ryu: Yes, Grandma told us. Did she tell you that too?

Ji Eun: No. I talked to your father and he even saved my life.

Ryu: Okay. (He answered coldly)

        So where are you taking me? On a date?

Lui: No! To your father. (He answered on a sarcastic way trying to piss him off)

Ryu: What? Ji Eun, what’s this all about?

Ji Eun: Your father is leaving and…

Ryu: Lui stop the car. (But Lui didn’t stop) 

         I said stop the car!

 

            He shouted angrily so Lui decided to stop it. Ryu get out of the car with tears in his eyes and so Ji Eun run after him.

 

Ji Eun: Ryu! Where are you going? That is your father. 

Ryu: I don’t care. (He said firmly as he faced her)

Ji Eun: Your father really loves you. He’s just blaming his self of what happened to your mother. He needs to choose and he chose you and your brothers. 

Ryu: So he told you that? He can…tell you that but not to us?!  

Ji Eun: Please Ryu, try to understand him. He’s just scared to lose you. But he really loves you.

Ryu: Well, that’s too late.

Ji Eun: It’s not too late! While he’s still here, tell him what you really feel. Isn’t that what you really want is to know that your father really loves you? Well believe me he does love you and your brothers.

Ryu: Ji Eun, don’t you understand? If… he really loves us he will say it himself and…he doesn’t have to leave us always.

         I’m sorry but I can’t go. 

Ji Eun: Ryu-ah! Stop making reasons! You think your mother would want this? She gave up her life for her family! Seeing this falling apart would cause so much pain to her… (She walked closer to him)

            Please…come with me… 

 

            Ji Eun slowly took his hand and led him back to the car. Lui saw what happened in his side mirror and as he watched them his hands clenched in the stirring wheel and his heart is ranging in anger it’s like it can explode anytime. That’s why when they got into his car he’s just glaring at Ryu from his front mirror but Ryu didn’t notice it as he’s just looking outside the window.

 

Ji Eun: Lui, let’s go now.

 

            But Lui didn’t even move and still staring at Ryu. So Ji Eun repeated what she said a bit louder thinking that he didn’t hear the first time. Lui took a deep breath then he started the engine and drive fast to the airport.

 



 

[Airport]

 

 

            There were a lot of people in the Airport some were family going on a vacation, some will go abroad to work, there are couples who will have their honey moon, some were just waiting for their flight, but a lot of them were saying goodbyes for their loved ones. However one man doesn’t seem to have someone to tell that to. He picked up his luggage as he heard the caller calling for the passengers going to Japan to enter the plane. Before going in just like he always do, he first looked back hoping maybe someone would call in his name but no one’s there for him, with teary eyes he continue to walk. When suddenly he heard someone called Dad so he closed his eyes trying to imagine his sons calling him Dad but he know to himself that it would never happen. He open his eyes waking his self to his own fantasy and was about to take a step when with the same tone who called Dad he heard Mr. Kim! So he looked back and there he saw his two sons calling for him, he blinked twice to make sure he’s not just imagining things and when he finally proves that they are real he quickly run towards them, this time not thinking of what his sons going to say or react as long as he’ll be able to tell them how he loves them.

 

Jun: Dad. 

 

            Jun quickly hugged his father for the very first time in his life. Tears continuously flow from their eyes as they hugged each other.

 

Dad: I’m sorry…Sorry for all what I did. 

Jun: Dad. I’ve always been dreaming doing this to you.

Dad: Jun-ssi…I love you.

 

            His father doesn’t want to break from hugging his son but Jun took the initiative and looked towards Lee who is crying and just quiet watching them. Mr. Kim walked towards him and when he’s already facing his father Lee can’t help it anymore and embrace his father tight.

 

Lee: Dad, We always love you. 

Dad: Lee, you’ve grown a lot neh?

        I’m sorry for not being there always. I love you too.

 

            Then they let go of each other and wipe their tears away. Mr. Kim was really happy to see them, it’s like a dream come true for him but he still looked for his other son. However he also understand that Ryu will not come because out of the triplets he’s the one who got hurt the most of what he did.

 

Mr. Kim: How did you know? Well, that doesn’t matter.

                I’m really happy to see you here.

Jun: We’re also happy to see you.

Lee: We know everything, about what really happened to mother.

Jun: We understand your decision so stop blaming yourself Dad.

Mr. Kim: Who…who told you that?

Lee: Them.

 

            Sae and Mina walked in with a smile and also tears with their eyes touched of what they saw.

 

Sae: Hello Mr. Kim my name is Sae.

Mina: I’m Mina.

 

            They bowed down to each other then Mr. Kim gave his sons a stare asking if they are their girlfriends and the twins just nod with a wide smile in their faces.

 

Mr. Kim: I can see you have a very good choice. (He said to his sons)

                Well, nice meet and see all of you. I’ll be back next month and let’s have a vacation.

 

Jun: We’ll wait for you, Dad.

 Lee: Goodbye.

 

            Mr. Kim hugged his sons one more time then he said his goodbye to them but before he even move in his place one of his son showed up from the back of his brothers.

 

Mr. Kim: Ryu.

 

            With no more hesitation Mr. Kim hugged his last son while Ryu just stood there stiffly. But the tears that he’s holding back from the moment he saw his father with his brothers flows passionately and slowly he raised his arms and finally embracing his father.

 

Ryu: Dad, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.  

Mr. Kim: No Ryu. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t keep the truth to all of you. Now, I want to tell you I really love you.

Ryu: I love you too Dad.

 

            They wiped their tears and looked with each other with smile in their faces then Mr. Kim pat each of his sons shoulder even happier now that they are complete.

 

Mr. Kim: I know your mother is so proud of you and very happy.

 

            From the corner of his eyes he suddenly notices the girl at the back of Ryu who’s watching them. He recognized her immediately so he walked towards her.

 

Mr. Kim: You. You are the girl a while ago.

Ji Eun: You did it mister. (Smiling cheekily)  

Ryu: Her name is Ji Eun.

Mr. Kim: Ah so…you’re the one who told them? You knew I was their father?

Ji Eun: (Shook her head) I only realized that after you left. Sorry for that, I really have a poor memory.

Mr. Kim: I’ve learned a lot from you so don’t say that.

                Are you…Ryu’s girlfriend?

Ji Eun: No! No!

Ryu: Why? But we looked good together right Dad? (Smiling with his evil-seductive smile as he put his arm around her shoulder)

Mr. Kim: Ah, now I know. Don’t worry you have my vote Ryu.

           

            Ryu and Mr. Kim laugh while the others looked at Ji Eun surprised of what they just heard.

 

Mr. Kim: Well, it’s time for me to go. But I’ll surely be back. I promise.

Ryu: We will wait for you, Dad.

 

            Then he said his goodbye to them again and even though it’s hard for him to leave but the beautiful memory he’s bringing with him this time is enough to make him happy. It’s not like before that he only see them from a far watching them cook, sing, and dance but now he talked and hugged them.

 

            They waved back to their father until he’s totally gone. After he left all eyes were at Ji Eun and Ryu.

 

----------

ooops! That's all for now! Hope you'll subscribe and leave a comment! 11 Subscribers! Yeahey! God Bless!