CHAPTER 17: Vacation part 2

Flavor of Love

 

 

Ryu: Did you also hear that?

Ji Eun: (Nod) Do you think it’s the wolf?

 

            So they both look around then they heard it again but now they are much sure that it comes from the inside. Ji Eun looked inside and this time at the corner of her eye she saw something move!  

 

Ji Eun: I think I saw something…

Ryu: Aish. Don’t say such things.

Ji Eun: I’m not scaring you. Really, I saw something.

 

            This time Ryu looked inside but saw nothing but heard that something moves and so it made them even scared.

 

Ji Eun: W-we really have to go back now.

Ryu: But the road is too slippery…We have to do something…L-let’s do the song again.

 

            Together again they sang the Patapon Song like they’re rebuking a bad spirit or something and after repeating it twice they peek inside again and there was nothing. In unison they took a deep breath feeling so relieved that its already gone however as they turned around suddenly a person is standing in front of them making them screamed at the top of their lungs.

The person did not say anything and just stood there but he hit the head of Ji Eun and Ryu with the stick in his hands.

 

Ji Eun and Ryu: Ow!

Ryu: What’s your problem?

Ji Eun: Wait…you’re not a ghost.

 

            The person who is a guy made sinister smile.

 

Guy: What are you doing here? This is not a motel.

Ryu: As you see we’re stuck here.

Ji Eun: Do you know any place we can stay for a while? Please help us.

Guy: Well I know a place. Come follow me.

Ryu: (whisper) Ji Eun, we can’t trust him. Look at him.

Ji Eun: (whisper) I know but what are we going to do here?

Guy: Yah! Both of you I can hear you! I am the care taker of this building and I have a place for both of you to stay. So if you don’t want I’ll go now.

 

            With no more choice they follow the guy and it’s not that far from the building there’s a traditional house that’s in there. A woman who’s in the same age of the guy greeted them with smiles.

 

Woman: Hello, are they our customers?

Guy: Yeah, our third customers in this year.

         We actually have a business of room for rent but we only have one left the other rooms are dirty. Well, that’s fine with you right since both of you are couple.

Ji Eun and Ryu: No!

Ji Eun: I’ll just clean the other room.

Woman: Ahm, I’m sorry but the other rooms are not just dirty but there are lots of things there.

Ryu: Okay then how much for the room?

Guy: 100,000

Ryu: What?!! Just for one night? Are you…

Guy: If you don’t want then go back there. You know there are lots of wild animals out there.

Woman: The food, the warm water, and some clothes includes there, so it’s all worth it.

 

            The rain is still strong that’s why Ryu and Ji Eun don’t much have choice again but to accept their offer. In short Ryu paid for the room that he and Ji Eun will be sharing. When they get into the room in their surprise the space is only good for one person.

 

Ryu: This is 100,000? Aish. That guy!

 

            They put down all their bags on the floor and Ryu decided to divide their place. He took a pillow and used it as their divider.

 

Ji Eun: This is my place? I won’t be able to move with such space.

Ryu: I paid for this room so I should have a bigger space. Besides you’re just a small creature so I’m sure you’re going to fit in.

Ji Eun: You’re the one who invited me to go here. Just a bit more space. (She moved the pillow a little bit)

Ryu: Yah! I’m like a clock when I sleep so I need more space. (Moving back the pillow)

Ji Eun: I’m just asking for a little bit more! Why are you so selfish?

 

            She moved the pillow again but Ryu moved it back then Ji Eun moved it again and again he moved it back. They kept on fighting about the space and just stop when the woman called to serve them their dinner. The woman came in and put the table in the floor and then she served the food.

 

Woman: Enjoy your dinner. I made that. (Then she left)

Ji Eun: Wow. It looks good.

Ryu: Gaah….I’m really hungry.

 

            Suddenly both of them forget about what they are fighting a while ago and just eat all the food and after finishing it all up the Guy went back to clean it up.

 

Ji Eun: The food is delicious. (Smiling to the Guy)

Guy: Thank you.

Ryu: It should be delicious for 100,000

 

            After the Guy left Ryu stood up and told Ji Eun that he’s going to take a bath first. He quickly took the clothes in the small drawer and quickly took a bath; the water is warm that’s why he enjoyed taking the shower.

 

Ryu: For a place like this how they’re able to have a warm water and shower?

 

            He wondered but found no answers and so he just goes on in his shower. While cleaning his body he then suddenly remembered what Ji Eun did to him a while ago, putting her hand in his chest. He smiled as he remember it then he put his hand in his chest. When he finally finishes his shower he went back to their room and found Ji Eun combing her wet hair.

 

Ryu: Where did you take your shower?

Ji Eun: The couple allowed me to wash in their bath room.

Ryu: Ahm…okay… By the way about the spacing let’s just divide it in half.

Ji Eun: Really? What made you change your mind? But still, thank you.

 

            Ji Eun smiled at him showing her eye-smile and that caught him off guard making him look away.

 

Ryu: I told you before not to do that!

Ji Eun: Do what?

Ryu: Nothing let’s just sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

~Lui and Sae’s house~

 

 

Sae: Lui, Do you know where Ji Eun is? I’ve been trying to contact her.

Lui: She’s on a vacation she probably doesn’t want to get disturb. (Reading a book in his bed)

Sae: That’s not like her.

Lui: Give her a rest why do you want to talk to her anyway?

Sae: You’ll know it but for now I want to tell it to my girlfriends first.

Lui: Call Mina first not Ji Eun.

Sae: She already knows about it. You know instead of just reading you should start doing something for Ji Eun. (She teased)

Lui: Huh? Go! Leave me alone.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The next day~

 

            The strong rain finally stops, the sky is light gray and there’s only a rain shower. Ji Eun and Ryu were still sleeping deeply when the woman called for their breakfast but no one answered so she just left. It was almost 9 pm when Ryu slowly open his eyes and in his surprise he gulped while looking at Ji Eun’s face only about 4 inches away from him; however instead of moving away he stayed there and stared at her.

 

Ryu: How come it’s only now I realize that you are kind of beautiful?  But even though                                                    you’re beautiful you don’t know how to use it, what a waste.

 

            He talked to his self while staring at her but suddenly Ji Eun moved and like a kid who got caught doing something he quickly stood up, looked away and walk back and forth in his place. When she stopped moving Ryu sat down and again just watched her sleep.

 

Ryu:But I still don’t understand what kind of eyes you have. I hate how you smile. (He shook his head) That’s why it’s better for you to just sleep instead of awake and looking at me.

 

             

            While watching her all of sudden Ji Eun opened her eyes meeting the eyes of Ryu, he did not expect that that’s why he wasn’t able to stood up and look away. But Ji Eun doesn’t seem to notice him staring at her so she just smiled warmly and greeted him a pleasant morning. 

           

Ji Eun: (Smiling) Good Morning.

Ryu: Yah! Get up now! How long do you want to stay there? Aish.

 

            He yelled at her then he walks out of the room. He gulped and touched his chest and he can feel his fast heartbeat and it was like it’s going to explode. While he was outside the woman came in giving Ji Eun her clothes.

 

Woman: I washed your clothes and dried it, I already gave your friend’s clothes too. Hope you enjoyed your stay here.

Ji Eun:  (Nod) thank you.

 

            The woman went out while Ji Eun dressed herself up then Ryu and the guy came in bringing with him their breakfast.

 

Guy: Thank you for staying with us. Hope you enjoyed. (He left)

Ji Eun: Let’s eat! (She happily said)

Ryu: Why are you so happy?

Ji Eun: Because I get a good sleep. What about you? Looks like you had a nightmare.

Ryu: No, I just had a bad morning.

          By the way starting today don’t look at me when you speak.

Ji Eun: What? Why?

Ryu: Just do it, that’s not difficult right?

Ji Eun: As if I can do that, people speak while looking at the person.

Ryu: Well, not all people.

 

            After finishing all their breakfast they prepared all their things then they say their goodbye to the couple. The rain finally stops but the sky is still grayish and looks like another heavy rain is coming.

 

Ji Eun: Hero! Wait. Just wait for a while.

 

            She shouted since he’s a bit too far and walking so fast and then he stopped and looked back.

 

Ryu: Why?

Ji Eun: Take a picture of me. (Not looking at him)

Ryu: … Okay, okay. Just one take.

Ji Eun: Yes!

 

            Ryu fixed the camera while she poses herself beside the tree and gave her best smile. He looked into the camera and when he saw her smile this time his heart was like beating fast it’s a feeling he haven’t felt for years now. He took a deep breath and composed himself then clicked the camera.

 

Ji Eun: Thank you. (Still not looking at him)

Ryu: (Staring at her) this feeling. It’s not it. How come? No. No.

 

            He gave her camera back and turn around and was about to walk away when he heard that Ji Eun received a phone call from her best friend, so he took steps backward to hear what they are talking about.

 

Ji Eun: Lui?

Lui: Ah. H-hi!

 

            He actually don’t have anything to say to her but he called her because he was thinking about what his sister said to him about doing something about his feelings for Ji Eun especially now that he is threaten whenever he see Ji Eun and Ryu together.

 

Lui: Just wanna know how’s your vacation doing?

Ji Eun: It’s fine. I’m having fun.

Lui: Ahm, th-that’s good. Do you want me to pick you up?

Ji Eun: No. I’ll take a taxi.

Lui: Okay…take care. Bye. (He hangs up)

 

            After hanging her phone Ryu asked her who called as if he doesn’t know.

 

Ji Eun: It’s Lui.

Ryu: Why did he call you?

Ji Eun: Why do you wanna know? (Curious)

Ryu: Ah nothing!

          By the way let’s take a picture together.

Ji Eun: Why? I asked you yesterday to take a picture with me but you rejected it.

Ryu: People change. 2 years ago the hot spring is still open but now it’s close. Years ago we’re in elementary but now we’re high school. Few days ago you…Let’s just take a picture together.

 

            Ji Eun got confuse of his actions because just minutes ago he’s like mad at her but now he wants to take a picture with her. So she took out her camera again and posed with him then after taking it Ryu asked for another one so they took another picture together but then after that he asked for another one. In the end they took pictures until without knowing that they already reach the hotel. Ji Eun was happy taking pictures but especially Ryu who’s enjoying every minute of it that’s why he didn’t notice that they’re already at the hotel.

 

Ji Eun: Woah. Look! We’re already here.

Ryu: That’s fast.

Ji Eun: It’s because I know our way back not like before on our way up.

Ryu: Hey, hey what are you trying to say, huh?

Ji Eun: Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

 

            They took the elevator and while Ryu is bickering with Ji Eun; when the elevator is about to close Ryu saw someone that he haven’t seen for a long time which made his eyes wide and when that person saw him she quickly ran away so Ryu stepped out from the elevator and followed her. When he reached her he grabbed her arm and made her face him.

--------------------------------------------

PS: Please keep on commenting! and Subscribe please! This chapter has a bit of halloween type..keke~ So happy halloween!!!