CHAPTER 19: Confusion

Flavor of Love

 

            After their class Ryu immediately change his clothes then he ride in his motor and even if he’s not racing he’s like flying because he is really fast, he press the break when he got to his friend’s Motor shop. Gil was a bit surprise to see Ryu there.

 

Gil: Hey, is there anything happened to your motor?

Ryu: Do you have time?

Gil: Yeah. I’m actually close now. Why? Your motor looks fine.

Ryu: Its fine, I just need someone to go with me.

Gil: Where?

 

            Ryu did not say anything and just ask Gil to go with him and so Gil agreed and when they got to their destination Gil got confuse why he asked him to go with him.

 

Gil: Ryu, you can go there without me.

Ryu: I know. I just want company. Besides you’re always here.

 

            So they went in to a Club and Ryu was able to pass with his fake ID.

 

Ryu: You need to help me find a girl that I could date.

Gil: What? You know you don’t need my help for that.

Ryu: Just help me.

Gil: Okay…okay…

 

            Gil and Ryu started to go in the dance floor and looked for a girl who would pass in Ryu’s type but even if they don’t look for an attractive lady the ladies are approaching him and wanted to dance with him. However out of four who went over him he still can’t find the girl that he’s looking for and so he just walk away and went on one corner.

 

Gil: Hey! Those girls are hot.

Ryu: I know. But look at them they’re not my type.

Gil: Psh. You use to date those kinds of girls. What are you looking for anyway?

Ryu: You know Jessica? That type.

Gil: Ah, your ex-girlfriend. It’s about her again.

Ryu: No! Not that Jessica. You know Jessica from SNSD. That kind of girl. She can be y, cute, innocent, at the same time and can sing very well.

Gil: Then this is not the right place; we should go to their company building and talk to their manager!

Ryu: I’ll wait here just look for that kind of girl.

Gil: Why only me?

Ryu: If I go there they will just keep on coming to me.

 

            So with no choice Gil walk around the Club and looked for any potential candidate for Ryu. The first one he picked is a girl who looks really cute but Ryu say no to her then next is a model like lady who has very nice long legs but again Ryu did not like her and so Gil took another one this time she kind a look like Jessica from SNSD but then Ryu asked her to sing and for him she didn’t pass as if they’re in audition. So it goes on and on until Ryu was the one who give up and went out of the Club frustrated.

 

Gil: Ryu, are you okay?

Ryu: No, because I don’t understand myself!

Gil: Me too. I don’t understand you. But why are you doing this anyway? Is this still about Jessica again?

Ryu: I told you it’s not about her.

Gil: No way…you mean, you got rejected by another girl?

Ryu: It’s not how it is. I actually hate how she looked at me.

Gil: Huh? I…don’t understand. Who’s that girl anyway? Do I know her?

Ryu: You don’t and she’s not actually my type. But something about her bothers me; it’s something I haven’t felt towards her before.

Gil: You mean she’s your friend?

Ryu: (Nod) suddenly in just one day everything changes on how I see her.

Gil: I’m sure you know what the feeling of love is it will suddenly strikes without knowing it.

Ryu: This time it really confuses me!

 

            Angrily, he rides back to his motor and left Gil there.

 

Gil: Yah! I didn’t bring any money!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

~Grandma’s House~

 

 

Ji Eun: Sorry grandma if I only came now. I brought something to you.

 

            Ji Eun look much better now than the last time grandma talk to her on the phone. She smiled to grandma and gave her the necklace she bought when she was in vacation.

 

Ji Eun: I know it’s not that expensive but I hope you’ll like it.

Grandma: It look beautiful, I like it. Thank you. By the way how are my grandsons?

Ji Eun: They’re fine…I think.

Grandma: Ahm…what about Ryu. I’ve been trying to call him but he didn’t answer my call. (She lied)

Ji Eun: We didn’t talk much lately.

Grandma: What do you mean? (She asked worriedly)

Ji Eun: He looks busy because after our class he quickly disappears.

Grandma: Since when this happened?

Ji Eun: Since the vacation?

Grandma: That guy, really. (She muttered)

                  Ah okay, just be patient to him okay?

Ji Eun: Huh? Why?

Grandma: Nothing. Nothing. (Smile cheekily)

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            In the other side of the story Jun and Sae are having difficulty in being public about their relationship but it’s more about on Sae’s side because she’s still don’t how would she deal with the reaction of her friends and the people.              

 

Jun: Why didn’t you allow me to tell them about us a while ago?

Sae: It’s just that I’m not yet ready. You know this is my first time and I don’t know how I will handle it.

Jun: Then how long are we going to hide it. Only Mina and Ryu knows about us.

Sae: Okay…tomorrow. We will tell them.

Jun: Are you sure you said that yesterday.

Sae: I swear, tomorrow would be the last.

Jun: Are you…really ready for this? Because…if not it’s okay for me to wait for you. (Jun put took her hands and looked into her eyes).

Sae: (Blushing) T-tomorrow. See you tomorrow. (She left him running away).

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         Ryu is on his way to grandma to talk to her but then he received a call from Jessica so he just decided to go to her. When he got to the park Jessica was sitting in the bench all by herself so he went there and sat by her side.

 

Ryu: What are you doing here?

Jessica: When we last saw each other you didn’t greeted me for my birthday and you didn’t even invited me for a dinner or lunch.

Ryu: I’m sorry…

Jessica: How could you do this to me?

 

            Jessica hit Ryu’s arm while crying and saying what she really feels.

 

Jessica: You told me that I’m the only girl in your life! How come you didn’t even care about me!

Ryu: Isn’t this what you want? You know…you shouldn’t be here. You should go back to your husband.

Jessica: I don’t want to. (She looked down crying) Leaving with him is like a hell!

 

            Worriedly Ryu looked into her face then to her arms and saw a bruise in her right arm.

 

Ryu: What happened to this? Did he do that to you?

Jessica: …

Ryu: Where is he?! How could you let him do that to you? Do you want me to report your husband?

Jessica: He’s out of town... No…you don’t have to.

Ryu: Does your parents know about this?! You should do something about it…

Jessica: No they don’t know. But if only I knew that he will treat me like this I shouldn’t have marry him and I shouldn’t have left you. Ryu…until now I’m still hurting of what I did to you but… it even hurts when I saw you with her!

Ryu: Jessica…everything’s change.

Jessica: Do you love her? (Wiping her tears away)

Ryu: I…don’t know but…

 

            Before he even finishes his sentence Jessica suddenly kiss him however Ryu quickly moved away.

 

Ryu: W-what do you think you’re doing?

Jessica: What?

Ryu: What if someone saw us?

Jessica: I don’t care.

Ryu: You’re already married, you should be more careful…and I’m not your boyfriend anymore…I’m sorry but I have to go now…

Jessica: I’ll have you back Ryu… (She said in herself with determination as she watched him walk away)

        

            Ryu went back to his motor and drove off back to their house. As soon as he got there he just stayed inside his room. He took his phone and opened its gallery where Ji Eun’s picture is in. It’s when she’s sleeping and while watching her he took a picture of her.

 

Ryu: Yah Ji Eun, this is your entire fault. You should remain asleep. Whenever I see you in school and look at your hair at the back whenever we’re in class it makes me uncomfortable. Especially when you started to smile, really…why and how can you do that? Aish. This is not really happening…

 

            Then suddenly Lee knocked on his door so he opened it.

 

Ryu: What?!

Lee: Relax. We’re going to eat now. (He calmly said while playing his psp)

Ryu: Is that the Patapon game?

Lee: Yeah. Why?

Ryu: Let me try it.

Lee: You have your own psp besides I ask you before if you like this game and you said no.

Ryu: I don’t remember I said that. You’re just lying.

Lee: I’m not! Jun, didn’t we ask him before if he like this Patapon game and what is his answer?

Jun: (Thinking) hmm…I don’t remember.

Ryu: See?

Lee: I’m telling the truth!

Ryu: Then let me borrow it for a while. (Ryu snatch it from Lee’s hand and started playing it)

         Well, it’s not bad, it’s quite addicting. (Chuckles) She has a good taste.

Lee: You’re crazy…

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

~The next day in school~

                       

           

            Ryu and Ji Eun were still not talking to each other even though Ji Eun was always trying to approach him but Ryu was always the one avoiding her so she just decided to give him some time and space. However even their friends notice it and they’re asking them about what happened between them but no one talked about it especially Ryu while Ji Eun just keep on denying it. During their lunch break Ryu did not join in their usual table and just went to other table but even if they are not complete Sae and Jun have decided to tell their friends about them.

 

Sae: Aham! We have an announcement to make… (Blushing)

Ji Eun: Why are you all red?

Sae: Ah, just wait…well, am I?

Ji Eun: (Nod) yes.

Jun: Well, I hope you will support us.

 

            Jun took Sae’s hand and raised it up to show it to them. Everyone is surprise except for Mina and Ryu who are already informed about them.

 

Ji Eun: Y-you mean? The two of you? Since when?

Sae: (Chuckles) Just…last week…

Jun: (Blushing) Is it…too fast?

Lee: Oh my…our little brother is growing up so fast. I’m so proud of you.

Mina: I’m happy for both of you.

Lui: Don’t you ever hurt her. (He gave Jun an eagle eye look)

Jun: O-of course I will not definitely hurt her…Thank you again…thank you…

Lui: Come to our house later, you should meet our parents.

 

            Jun left frozen after hearing that.

 

Sae: Ahm, but I don’t think he’s ready…

Jun: N-no your brother is right…I…should introduce myself.

Lui: Good.

Sae: Then Ji Eun should come with us too. Since you don’t have work later you should be with us especially that Lui will be gone for days for a convention. (Looking at Lui who was surprise to hear that)

Lui: Ah…Ji Eun is that okay? Mother misses you a lot too.

Ji Eun: Why didn’t you tell me huh?

Lui: You know I hate goodbyes…But… can you come?

Ji Eun: O...

 

            She wasn’t able to finish her sentence because they heard not from a far how Ryu stood up while knocking hard both of his fist in the table then he left the canteen area. Then all of a sudden all of Ji Eun’s friend’s eyes are on her.

 

Ji Eun: What? I didn’t do anything.

Lee: Why don’t you just tell us what really happened?

Ji Eun: I told you nothing happened. I don’t know why you are all accusing me.

Mina: We’re not accusing you it’s just that both of you obviously ignore each other.

Lui: Let’s respect her, if she really doesn’t want to talk about it then leave her alone.

 

            After class Lui, Sae and Jun left first because Sae and waited for Ji Eun outside the school while Lee and Mina went to their P.E instructor to help him cleaning up the gym. Ji Eun went to her locker to get some of her things and while walking out at the hallway one of her admirer showed up presenting a love letter to her.

 

Admirer: Ahm…Ji Eun…p-please accept th-this… (Nervous)

Ji Eun: Did you make this?

Admirer: Y-yes…

Ji Eun: Thank you…

 

            She smiled at him and was about to take it when Ryu showed up and strike the hand of the admirer then he took Ji Eun’s hand and pull her after him until they reached the school’s library. 

 

----------------------------------

Thank you for all the comments!! Please do subscribe and comment! God Bless! <3