CHAPTER 21: First Time

Flavor of Love

 

 

Ryu: We have nothing to talk about.

Jessica: I want you back.

Ryu: Jessica, listen to what you’re saying.

Jessica: I know what I’m saying that’s why I filed a divorce paper a while ago. Ryu, I still love you.

Ryu: Even if you get divorce things between us will not work again. Just find someone that will love you.

Jessica: I know that you really don’t love her! You just want to forget that’s all, you’re just going to hurt and use her!

Ryu: You…don’t know a thing… about what I’m feeling right now. We’re finish, this will be the last.

Jessica: No…this won’t be the last.

 

            Ryu turned his back on her and went out to his motor where Ji Eun is waiting.

 

Ji Eun: How…how was it?

Ryu: It’s nothing.

Ji Eun: I can say she still loves you.

Ryu: I don’t care.

Ji Eun: You’ve waited for this moment…I mean why don’t you give her…a chance? She really does love you.

Ryu: I said I don’t care. Isn’t you are the one who said that nothing lasts, well ours didn’t lasts. Get in now, I don’t want to talk about it anymore.

 

            So Ji Eun ride in and Ryu give her a ride back home. When she finally gets off his motor he then left right away without even saying anything. But then Ji Eun called him and so he stopped and went back.

 

Ryu: What now?

Ji Eun: Just wait me here.

 

            She goes inside her house and took something in her drawer when she got back Ryu was still there waiting for her. Ji Eun showed to him a medical disposable face mask that has a drawing of smiling lips then she put it on to Ryu’s.

 

Ji Eun: There. Now, whenever you feel sad you could just put it there. It’s like an artificial smile.

 

            He put it down and pinches her cheek.

 

Ji Eun: Ouch!

Ryu: Yah! I looked like Joker with this! What kind of stupid person would wear this huh?

Ji Eun: My dad gave that to me and… I’m just trying to cheer you up.

Ryu: Your…dad gave this to you? And you’re giving it to me now?

Ji Eun: Yes but if you don’t want then… (Ji Eun tried to take it back but he stopped her.)

 

Ryu: You already gave it to me; it is so rude to take it back!

Ji Eun: But you said it looks stupid.

Ryu: Aish! I can use to protect me from air pollution! It’s mine now.

 

            So Ji Eun stopped from getting it and let him have it.

 

Ji Eun: Take care of it okay?

Ryu: Your dad gave this to you but why would you give this to me?

Ji Eun: There is two of it. My dad told me to give the other one to the other person I know that always looks sad and that’s you!

Ryu: Is that so huh?

Ji Eun: Why? That’s the truth.

Ryu: Whatever. Well where’s the other one? Put it on too.

Ji Eun: I’m not sad like you. (She complained)

Ryu: Just put it on. I just want to see it.

 

            Ji Eun took the other one from her bag and put it on then Ryu took his phone, stood beside her and took a picture of them both wearing the face mask. Then he looked at it and showed it to Ji Eun.

 

Ji Eun: (laughing) you look so stupid!

Ryu: We’re both wearing it how come I’m the only one who looked stupid huh? Look at your face!

 

            Ji Eun kept on laughing and already holding her stomach while Ryu continue to complain of her reaction. But then while watching her laughing he thought to himself of something.

 

Ryu: Seeing you like that makes me really happy but am I just using you to feel this again? Or I do really love you??

Ji Eun: (Smiling) Yah, yes you do…

Ryu: W-what?

Ji Eun: You do…you do look like Joker! (Then she laughed again)

Ryu: You really know how to piss me off neh?!

 

            The next day would be Ryu’s last day in the Rainbow cafe and he’s a bit quiet than the usual and Ji Eun notice it right away so she asked him after they deliver their first order.

 

Ji Eun: Why are you so quiet huh?
Ryu: I just want to be quiet that’s all. Is that bad?

Ji Eun: Aish, I’m just asking. So snobbish. Is this about…

Ryu: Stop. I already know what you’re thinking. It’s not her.

Ji Eun: Woah. How…how did you know that? (She said with amazement)

Ryu: It’s because you’re easy to read. From now on let’s not talk about her, okay?

Ji Eun: Well, you’re not the first one who said that to me. Then if it’s not about her then could it be because this is your last day?

 

            Ryu did not expect her to get the right answer that fast so he just ignored her and ride in to the motor. Then they continue their deliveries and he is still the same. They’re already on their last delivery and it’s in a TV station. It’s to the staff and director of a variety show which is getting popular now a days. But today’s segment is about cross dressing, modeling and a bit of acting.

 

Ji Eun: Hello director, here’s your coffee. Hope you will enjoy it and always come to our coffee shop. Thank you!

Director: Oh Ji Eun, you know I’m a regular customer. Well, is this guy a new staff?

Ji Eun: Yeah. I always watch your show; it’s really funny and interesting.

Director: I’m glad you like it. You can watch here if you want.

Ji Eun: Really?

Director: Of course.

Ji Eun: By the way this is Director Cha and this is Ryu our delivery boy.

Ryu: Aish. Don’t you have any better description? (He gave her a look while talking to his self)

 

            They stayed there for a while and watch on how they make a variety show from dressing up the contestants until doing the entire segment. Ji Eun enjoyed it the most while Ryu was just at the back watching it quietly.

 

Director: Cut! Cut! We’re done for today! Thank you!

Ji Eun: That’s really amazing Director Cha.

Ryu: Is it okay if we’ll try it too?

Director: Well…

 

            He looked both of them and decided to let them experience it.

 

Ji Eun: Hero, why do you want to try it?

Ryu: At least once in our life we’ll experience this, right?

Ji Eun: Yeah you’re right! I’m so excited.

 

            Ryu asked for it because he noticed how Ji Eun is so interested while watching the making a while ago. In their surprise the make-up artists and the designer of the show dressed them up and gave their lines it’s like they are really part of the show. After that they heard the director calling for them.

 

Director: Okay we’ll start first with the modeling! First up Ryu then Ji Eun!

 

 

            Ryu came out wearing a dress with a long hair and from the moment he walks in the staff there were amaze on how well he cross dress. He’s really beautiful, gorgeous and totally like a woman but then at the end of his modeling he made his signature smile and that add up to the comedic part. Then Ji Eun came in wearing a school boy uniform and wearing a wig to make her hair short and like Ryu they were surprise on how well she cosplay a school boy. She’s really cute and handsome at the same time and while watching her Ryu’s heart were beating really fast especially when she eye-smiled to the camera at the end.

 

Director: Okay! Cut! Good job! Now why don’t you try acting?

                This is getting interesting…

 

            Still wearing their costumes they started their acting. Even if it’s just for fun both of them become nervous this time since they have real scripts and they will be in front of cameras. Rinoa (Ryu) was screaming for help after a guy cornered her in the street. She tried to escape but the guy is too fast but suddenly out of nowhere Jinwoo (Ji Eun) appeared and bit the guy in just seconds. After that Rinoa thanked Jinwoo for saving her.

 

Rinoa: Thank you very much. (Acting like a shy girl)

Jinwoo: Don’t worry my Rinoa I will always be here for you.

 

             But then suddenly the guy that Jinwoo punched rapidly stood up and is coming for him when all of a sudden Rinoa put Jinwoo behind her and kicked the stomach of the guy. Everyone was really shock since it is out of the script however they are all waiting for the director to say cut but he’s also watching them keenly. So they just continue their acting as if they are in real shoot.

 

Jinwoo: Yo! Thanks (Still trying to be manly)

 

            It left Ryu speechless and then the director shouted cut. Quickly, Ji Eun happily thanked the director for that experience.

 

Director: No problem. Both of you actually did a very good job. I was thinking of airing it actually.

Ryu and Ji Eun: What?

Ryu: You can’t do that!

Ji Eun: Hm, We are really thankful for letting us do this but…please…that was really embarrassing.

Director: (Laughing) are you secret couple? Of course I am not allowed to show that without your permission. So don’t worry.

 

            They both sighed as a relief. As they went back to the dressing room while on their way because of his long dress Ryu accidentally stepped on it making him tripped over to Ji Eun and hit the props of the show. As they stumble clumsy Ji Eun hit her head on the floor making her unconscious. When the staffs heard the noises they quickly walk towards them anxiously.

 

Ryu: She’s unconscious, what should we do? (He ask panicky)

Staff1: Call an ambulance! (She said to another staff)

Staff2: CPR her! She’s your friend or a girlfriend!

Ryu: She’s not my girlfriend and besides isn’t that only for the people who drowned?

Director: It’s for all kinds of unconscious people! Just do it, she can’t die here! (He said panicking)

 

            Everyone is panicking and pressuring Ryu. Frustrated he took off his wig, positioned his self and he took a deep breath then pull down Ji Eun’s chin and then he moves towards her however seconds before he reached her lips Ji Eun’s eyes opens but it’s already too late! He gave his breath to her and it just made her frozen in her place. Then he looked at her with relieved after seeing her conscious but then when they realized what just happened they both have wide eyes.

      

            As they looked in to each other’s face their hearts were beating really fast and both of them were flushing. It was her first time for her lips to touch another man’s lips and she wasn’t able to stop him from doing it because it happened so fast. While for him this might not be his first time but it’s been a while since he experience such an intense feeling that gave him goose bumps all over his body and turned his face into red. But then after a while Ryu moved away and Ji Eun sat up.

 

Director: Thank God you’re alive! 

 

--------------

Please comment and subscribe! Thank you! :)