CHAPTER 3: Getting close

Flavor of Love

 

            The athletes of track and field girls of the school is the national champion in the last year’s competition that’s why even if it’s just a practice game they always give their best especially the champion named Sae.

 

Coach: Okay girls nice practice! You can all go now! (She said while clapping)

 

            Everyone felt hungry after their practice especially Sae. So they bought foods from the cafeteria but Sae knows a place from their school where food is free and also delicious. And that place is non-other than the Cooking Club. She sneaked in with the use of her own duplicate key and went straight in their refrigerator knowing that the members of the club already left. There are lots of ingredients, fruits, foods and chocolates there. She took one chocolate that has a bear cute shape and ate it. While eating the lights went on and because it’s unexpected Sae wasn’t able to hide herself.

 

Sae: You. (She flushed because of embarrassment seeing Jun standing beside the door)

Jun: Hi! (Smiled)

Sae: Hi? I’m sorry I didn’t mean to…

Jun: Hungry neh? Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone. Food is for everybody it’s not only for the members and especially it shouldn’t just stock in the ref.

Sae: So…You mean?

Jun: Just eat. By the way would you mind if I’ll ask you to taste the Vietnamese food that I made?

Sae: O-of course not! That’ll be cool!

 

 

                                                            Restaurant

 

           

            Ren took Mina in a nice restaurant for their first date after two months of being together. The place is romantic because of the perfect lightings and there are singers that sing romantic songs not to mention the foods that are really delicious that’s why this restaurant really is perfect for couples.

 

Mina: Wow, Ren where did you found this place?

Ren: My friends recommended this to me. Of course I want our first date to be special

Mina: It really should be special since I’ve waited for this one for about three months.

Ren: That’s why I brought you here.

 

            While they’re eating the singer for the night started to sing. His voice is very warm especially in a slow song.

 

Ren: Look.

 

            Mina looked into that direction and in her surprise she saw Lee singing in the stage. They both look into each other and felt awkward again.

 

Ren: Actually the main reason why I brought you here is because I found out that he’ll be here.

Mina: This is our first date shouldn’t be it’s all about us?

Ren: It wouldn’t be perfect without Lee harmonizing us. (He answered insensitively of what Mina is feeling)

Mina: We could have a nice date even without these things.

Ren: What? You mean my effort is nothing?

Mina: Of course I appreciate it and I like it but…

Ren: Then shut up and just eat that all up.

 

            After singing two songs Lee walk in to their table to greet them.

 

Lee: Hey, it’s nice to have you here.

Ren: Well, we went here to see you sing.

Lee: Thanks. This is actually my second day here. So are you a regular customers?

Ren: This our first date.

 

            Lee stopped and glanced at Mina who is just quiet.

 

Lee: Cool. Ahm, I have to go there now. Excuse me.

Ren: Okay. (Phone rings) Oh excuse me too.

 

            Ren went out to answer the call so Lee decided to stay for a while.

 

Lee: Hey, you seem so quiet.

Mina: Just tired.

Lee: Okay… I’ll just go now. (Lee stood up but Mina asked him to stay.)

Mina: No. stay.

Lee: Okay, is there any problem? I’m here to listen if it’s cool for you. Does he always do this to you?

Mina: This is our first date.

Lee: I mean…him being so insensitive to your feelings.

Mina: …

Lee: (He tried to change the topic) Well, I know we separate ways in a not so good way so if you’ll let me can we be friends again, after all it’s already been almost two years. I don’t want to feel awkward around you.

Mina: (Smile) you’re still the same brave person I knew. Of course we could be friends; I also don’t want to feel that way.

 

Then Ren appeared and he’s in a hurry to leave.

 

Ren: Oh sorry Mina but I have to go now. I already paid for the bill. Lee is it okay to bring her home?

Lee: Okay no problem with that.

 

 

                                                            Cooking Club

 

Jun: How is it?

Sae: It tastes good!

Jun: just learned how to cook it a while ago that’s why I’m a bit worried if it’ll taste good or not.

Sae: Don’t worry it’s good.

Jun: Thank you! (He smiled and that made Sae blushed again). Are you okay? You’re turning red.

Sae: Y-yes…I’m okay. I think I have to go now.

Jun: Are you sure?

 

Then Jun put his hands into her forehead to check if she’s having a fever and that made Sae’s face turns more into red.

 

Sae: I told you I’m fine! (Unintentionally he shouted it into his face)

Jun: Oh…I’m sorry…

 

            Sae quickly ran away to get away from him because it’ll only worsen her situation if she’ll stay there more.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                   

Ryu: So can we be friends? After all I saved your life a while ago.

Ji Eun: It’s just a show. But okay no problem we can be friends. (Smiled) Oh! You can stop your car here.

Ryu: Here? I thought I should drop you in your house.        

Ji Eun: No, you could go now. Thanks for the ride.

Ryu: But why here?

Ji Eun: I work here.

Ryu: Aaah… Okay. (He also stepped out from the car)

Ji Eun: What are you doing?

Ryu: I’m going to have a date there.

Ji Eun: Kay, whatever.

 

            Ji Eun just ignored him and went inside with her cat. A friend of her greeted her as she went in. He looks like in his early 30’s, though he’s kind of thin he does still look cute especially when smiling.

 

Ji Eun: So did you buy the cage that I told you?

Tomo: Yes Madam. It’s at the back and you can put that cat there now

Ji Eun: Thanks (With a big smile)

 

            Another person greeted her this time it’s a woman on her late 20’s she looks simple but with a smooth nice skin and also known for her soft sweet voice even when she’s already angry. She’s the manager and owner of the small coffee shop.

 

Ji Eun: Ma’am good afternoon. I’ll just put Mimi there.

Lia: Okay just put her away from the food storage and kitchen, okay?? (She smiled sweetly)

Ji Eun: Thank you Ma’am. (Smiled back)

 

            So Ji Eun put Mimi in the cage and put it in their dressing room. Then Ji Eun changed her clothes and went out to start to her work.

 

Tomo: So is that your boyfriend? Don’t tell me he’s also a best friend.

Ji Eun: No, a classmate and friend.

 

            Another staff like them asks Ji Eun about Ryu. The guy is a fresh high school graduate with a spiky style hair and with a hip-hop like clothing style. He’s known to have a crush to Ji Eun but also everyone knows that he dearly loves his girlfriend.

 

Jae: Neither a boyfriend?? He looks so handsome but I don’t like him for you.

Ji Eun: Just stop it! Why does everyone thinks that he’s my boyfriend?

Tomo: I guess you are right and we are wrong.

 

            Tomo said as he looked at Ryu with a girl who really is gorgeous with those long nice legs and s-body. Even their other customers turned their heads as they entered.

 

Tomo: Oh my, where did a high school boy found that lady?

Jae: So hot. That’s how will I describe her but don’t worry Ji Eun you’re still my ultimate crush.

Tomo: You’re also beautiful Ji Eun but you don’t have those nice long legs and you often wear old fashioned clothes.

Jae: Stop that! Guys like you don’t appreciate the real beauty. This kind of fashion is a classic one!

Ji Eun: Is that a compliment or something?

      And I’m not even comparing myself to her and plus my height isn’t that bad.

Lia: Get back to work! (She said still in a sweet soft voice) Ji Eun, get your friend’s order.

Tomo: Ask him if he’s her girlfriend okay?

 

            Ji Eun went in their table a bit uncomfortable. While her other co-workers as well as the manager watched her.

 

Ji Eun: Good afternoon ma’am and sir. May I get your order?

Ryu: Com’on you don’t have to call me sir. By the way this is my date Carla she’s a ramp model and she’s my friend Ji Eun.

 

            When she came back to the kitchen they quickly went to Ji Eun.

 

Ji Eun: They’re dating. Her name is Carla a ramp model. Happy now?

Tomo: Wow. I’ll look for her in the facebook. So how’s the interaction between the two of you.

Jae: So what did you feel? Did you feel jealous? Please say no.

Ji Eun: Argh! (Ji Eun irritably shook her head and just went out to stay away from them.)

Lia: Stop teasing Ji Eun, everyone knows she will not date anyone.