Chapter 9

The Boy of Flame

Ryeowook fell down onto the ground as he coughed out blood. The pain on his chest was extremely painful that he was having a hard time breathing. He tried to leaned against a tree as his body started trembling. At the same time, he felt like something inside him was somehow triggered. It made him want to destroy everything and everyone. It was a strong feeling of anger and hatred that he was beginning to lose control of himself. It felt as if he was starting to lose his self-consciousness.

 

'Ryeowook.'

 

Ryeowook looked up as he heard his name being called. Two Friterbies were standing before him. Frierbies had a language of their own but Ryeowook was somehow able to understand them. He figured that it was probably one of the abilities he must have possessed.

 

'Help me.' He whispered weakly to them. He was getting weaker and his vision was starting to be blurry.

 

'Don't worry. We are here to help you.' One of the Friterbies replied him. Ryeowook watched quietly as he then went beside him and removed his upper clothes off to take a look at his wound. Ryeowook took this opportunity to look at it as well. His eyes went round as he saw a large, sort of like a round swirling mark forming on his chest. He had no idea what it was but he knew that it wasn't something good,

'This is bad.' Ryeowook heard the Friterbie said to the other Friterbie next to him.

'The seal has been broken.'

'What do we do??'

 

'We must fix it quick.' He then heard the other responded.

 

Ryeowook didn't understand what they were talking about and he wanted to ask them about it. However, everything was beginning to feel shaky and he was starting to slip in and out of consciousness. It didn't take long before everything around him went dark.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryeowook woke up and found himself inside his cave. He was surrounded by a lot of Friterbies, which stunned him a bit. They were in a circle and he was stucked in the middle of them. He took a peek at his chest and found that his wound had been mended. He tried to get up but was suddenly stop by a small hand.

 

'You can't get up yet Ryeowook.' One Friterbie blurted out him. He was pushing him gently, urging him to lay down again. Without a word, Ryeowook did exactly as he was told. He'd known the Friterbies for a long time already and had grown to trust them a bit.

But what he saw, changed his mind in a speed of light. He saw them holding the same gold thing that the man he had encountered before.

 

'What do you think you are doing???' He demanded. His eyes filled with fury as he looked at each Friterbie. He then sat up again.

 

'We are going to heal you Ryeowook.' The Friterbies replied him.

'Please lie back down.' 

 

'How do you think you're going to heal me with same thing caused me my wounds in the first place??!!' Ryeowook yelled out angrily. It wasn't like him. Sure, the Friterbies were doing something wrong but usually he would have handled it in a calm manner. However, this time he couldn't control his emotions. He tried to but his anger was raising up at every second even at the smallest thing. Everything and everyone felt annoying to him. He had the urged to hurt them so badly and was merely holding himself back as hard as he could. He, himself couldn't understand as to why he was behaving this way.

 

'Ryeowook.' The eldest Friterbie uttered to him gently as he held one of his hands.

'Do not let fear and anger over take you or the past will repeat itself again.'

 

'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!! LET GO OF ME!!!!' Ryeowook shouted at the top of his lung as he pushed the other's hand. He felt his blood boiling and his body was starting to shake with fury.

'WHAT PAST???!!'

'YOU DON'T KNOW MY PAST!!!!'

 

'Ryeowook.' The eldest Friterbie tried again as he reached for his hand again.

'We are not going to hurt you.'

'We're here to help.'

'We're only going to fix you.'

'It will only take a second so please calm down.'

 

'I DON'T NEED TO BE FIXING!!!!!!' Ryeowook cried out loud as he pushed the eldest Friterbie onto the ground. He was so angry and his heart was filled with so much hatred that he wanted to hurt someone or something...just anything.

'LET GO OF ME!!!!' He yelled as two Friterbies held him tightly.

'LET GO!!!!!!!'

 

'Ryeowook, remember who you are.' The eldest Friterbie said as he stood up gently.

'Remember who we are. We are your friend.'

'You cannot let it win Ryeowook.' He placed his hand onto Ryeowook's chest.

'Quick. Hold him tightly and don't let go.' He then ordered two more Friterbies.

'I'm going to fix the seal.'

'Whatever you do, do not let him go.'

 

When everything was set, the eldest Friterbie began saying out some charms as he spun his hand up and down Ryeowook's chest. Ryeowook cried out loud as an excessive amount of pain overshook him.

 

'STOP!! IT HURTS!! STOP IT!!!!!!' He begged at the top of his lungs.

'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO ME???!!!!'

'STOP!!!'

'STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!'

 

Ryeowook tried to break his hands free but failed, the Friterbies were really. holding him tightly. He could feel his blood boiled. Immediately, he set fire from both of his palm causing tiny explotions. This made the four Friterbies that were holding him fell hard onto the ground. Their bodies quickly covered with burns and injuries. However, this action did not stop the eldest Friterbie. He continued to read his charms and pressed tightly onto Ryeowook's chest. The pain was too unbearable for Ryeowook that he stopped struggling. He was too weak to continue fighting.

 

'All done.' The eldest Friterbie said after a while as Ryeowook laid down. He had tears in his eyes. His chest was in an awful lot of pain that he didn't know what to do. At this, the eldest Friterbie's heart ached.

'I'm sorry Ryeowook, it had to be done.' He wiped Ryeowook's tears gently.

'How are you feeling?' He then asked.

 

Surprisingly, Ryeowook felt better. His emotions that is. His anger was completely gone and it felt like he was back to his old-self. His blood wasn't boiling at every second like before. He didn't feel like hurting anyone or anything anymore. Ryeowook inhaled deeply as he began remembering his actions earlier. Immediately, he sat up and looked at his surroundings. His eyes widen with shock and horror as he saw the four Friterbies laying on the ground. They were being treated by the others. His tears went down a speed of light as his heart was filled with regret. He didn't know why he did what he did earlier. He didn't understand what had happened to him. Why wasn't he able to control himself? He tried to get up but failed so he used both his hands and his feet to crawl towards them.

 

'I'm so sorry.' Ryeowook cried out to them. He was starting to sob like there was no tomorrow.

'I'm..I...I'm just really sorry....'

'...I...I didn't know why I did that...I...I...OH GOD....'

'...please..please don't die....'

 

'They will be fine Ryeowook.' The eldest Friterbie uttered as he placed his hand on Ryeowook's shoulder.

'Don't worry about it.'

'Please stop crying.'

 

'..what..what have I done???' Ryeowook blurted out in regret.

'...I..I..I...what..what am I....?'

'..what's going on...?' He looked at the eldest Friterbie desperately.

'..you know something of me..don't you...?'

'...please..please tell me what's going on...' He begged.

'..I..I don't know anything..I'm so..confused...'

 

'I guess that the time has finally come for me to tell you of your past Ryeowook.' The eldest Friterbie replied with a sigh as he sat down next to Ryeowook. Ryewook's attention was caught completely.

'I didn't think it would be this quick but it looks like I was wrong.' He continued. He then looked at the confused boy besides him.

'I can't promise you that I will tell you everything but I will tell you what you need to know.'

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do drop some comments! ;)