Chapter 19

The Boy of Flame

'This is a drawing of us together when we were younger.' Donghae told Ryeowook excitedly. He held up the drawing for the younger man to see.

'As you can see, that's me, Teukie hyung, Heechul hyung and right in the middle is you Wookie!' He smiled at him.

'Look at how adorable you were!!' Donghae moved closer to him.

'One of the boy that lives in this village drew it it for us.'

'He's quite the talented one isn't he. It's like looking at the real thing.'

 

Ryeowook only nodded. He was quite fascinated to see a past drawing of himself along with his new found brothers. It made him feel happy to know that he used to belonged somewhere. Importantly, it made him glad to believe that this wasn't all a lie. That he was going to wake up tomorrow to find himself back in the forest. 

 

'There's so much that I want to show you Wookie.' Donghae uttered to him. He held Ryeowook hands in his. He was so happy when Ryeowook opened up to them. Even if it was just a little. He wasn't angry or feisty anymore. So that was a good sign. Donghae was certain, that with time, they'd be closed like how they used to before when they were younger. They'd regain what they had once lost. For sure.

'There's so much I want to tell you as well.' He squished his hands tighter.

'I'm so glad you're alive.'

 

'Um..why do you call me that..?' Ryeowook questioned awkwardly. He was still not used to the whole idea of being his younger brother. Plus, his heart wasn't completely open to them. He was just giving them a chance a prove themselves. They deserved that much from him at least.

'Wookie I mean...'

 

'Hm?' 

'We've always called you that ever since you were born. It's your nickname after all.'

'Heechul hyung was the one that gave you that nickname.'

'Why? Don't you like it??'

 

'It's fine..and I see...' Ryeowook replied. Nodding his head. How he wished he remembered the past. At least, getting to know them, starting over, opening up..acknowledging them as his brothers..won't be as hard.

 

'Oh look at the time!' Donghae beamed.

'It's almost lunch time.'

'You must be hungry Wookie.'

'Come on, lets go!' He pulled Ryeowook's hands gently and led him out the door.

 

'Uh?? Where are we going??' Ryeowook was puzzled by the sudden gesture.

 

What is lunch time ?

 

'Just trust me okay.' Donghae merely answered.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The dining room is larger than the meeting room. It has a huge crystal chandeliar hanging from the ceiling just above the dining table. Next to the table was decorated flowers arranged so amazingly beautiful, it caught Ryeowook's eyes immediately. At the left side of the room is a small door which Donghae told him was the door that led to the kitchen where the food is being cook.

Ryeowook followed Donghae closely behind as the older man lead him to one of the chairs at the table. Donghae then sat down next to him. A few seconds after that, Leeteuk walked in with a huge smile on his face. He was followed by several other men that Ryeowook wasn't familiar with. Well, he wasn't familiar with anyone there.

 

'Oh, look who's here already.' Leeteuk beamed cheerfully. He went towards his baby brother and patted his head gently.

'Are you feeling better?' He then asked.

 

Ryeowook merely nodded. Leeteuk was satisfied by his gesture so he went and sat at the head of the dining table. Ryeowook watched in silence at more men came from behind the door and entered the room. Each of them taking a place at the table. The last person to walk in was Heechul. Ryeowook stared at him and noticed that he was in a bad mood. Ryeowook wondered why. He was the only brother that wasn't bothered by his present. He didn't even acknowledge him or hug him like Donghae and Leeteuk did.

 

'Please serve the food.' Leeteuk ordered a petite man that had came from the kitchen when everybody was well seated.

'For today's lunch, we're going to have a huge feast.' He then said to all of them. His smile never leaving his face.

'As you all know, a miracle had happened.'

'Our Ryeowook, whom we had believed to be dead was still alive and had returned to us.'He looked at Ryeowook lovingly.

'Although we haven't figured out for sure what had really happened, I couldn't be happier to see my baby brother well and alive.'

'I don't think anything can ever compare to this.' There was water inside his eyes as he said this.

'Let's hope and pray that we will always be together and for the safety of the people of this village.'

 

They all nodded at his words. Smiles forming on their face. Like Leeteuk, they were excited and happy to see Ryeowook again.

 

'Hello Ryeowook.' Sungmin uttered to him.

'I don't know if you remember me...but I'm Sungmin...' He smiled sweetly.

'You used to play with my brother a lot when you were younger.'

 

'Hello...' Ryeowook replied. 

'..um I'm sorry but I don't really remember..is that so...?'

 

'Yeap.' Sungmin nodded.

'You two were inseparable back then.' He chuckled.

'Everywhere he goes, you go and everywhere you go, he goes.'

'It's like you two were soulmates.'

 

'Ouh...' Ryeowook didn't know what else to say. He couldn't remember any of them after all.

 

'Ouh. I forgot.' Sungmin suddenly said.

'He's in here in this room.'

'There!' He pointed at Kyuhyun who was seated across from Ryeowook.

'Ryewook, that's Kyuhyun, my brother and your once best friends.' He introduced.

 

Ryeowook looked at the man called Kyuhyun. As he stared into the other's awkward eyes he felt something stir inside his heart. It was as if he was starting to remember something from the past. Flashes of unrecognize moments flooded his mind for a brief second thou he couldn't really understand them. And yes...the name Kyuhyun..was somehow familliar to him. He felt that he really had known this person for years.

They both stared at each other awkwardly without a word. It was when the food arrived where they stopped staring and focused on the meal in front of them.

 

'Bon appetit everyone.' Leeteuk said to them. 

 

'Bon apetit hyung.' Both Yesung and Eunhyuk replied him followed by the others. 

 

Leeteuk was enjoying his first bite to the fullest when he noticed Ryeowook looking flustered. He imediately stopped eating.

 

'Wookie..' He called out to him making everyone look at them.

'Is something the matter?'

 

'Nothing..it's just that..um..what is this...?' Ryeowook asked shyly. He was not used to eating these sort of food. Plus, he didn't know what they were so he was quite embarassed by it.

 

Leeteuk's heart felt at his question. But he didn't show it to the latter. Instead, he gave him a soft smile.

 

'Well, that is called pasta.' He pointed the food on the younger's plate.

'You can cook it various ways and today it's cooked with cheese and mushrooms.' He explained slowly and clearly.

'So we call it Cheese and Mushroom Pasta.'

'As for the others, that is baked turkey.' He pointed at the larger turkey at placed at the middle of the table.

'And over at your side is garlic bread.'

 

Ryeowook nodded his head, tyring to remember what the older man told him.

 

'Um..do you eat them together or separately...? He then asked.

 

Leeteuk's heart felt again for the second time.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment ;)