Chapter 16

The Boy of Flame

'Hae....?'

 

Leeteuk called out the younger man. He was puzzled to see Donghae's sudden behaviour.

 

'What's wrong??'

 

Donghae looked at Leeteuk as his eyes began to water.

 

'Im..impossible..' He said, his body trembling.

 

'Donghae ah, what's wrong with you??' This time it was Eunhyuk who questioned him. His brow raising.

'What's impossible??' Donghae said nothing in response which worried them all.

 

'Donghae...?' Leeteuk placed his hand on the other's shoulder. He was worried seeing Donghae cry out of the blue for no reason.

'What's gotten into you??'

 

Donghae grabbed Leeteuk's shoulders so hard, he almost fell from the shock.

 

'Hyung..te..tell..me..thi..this is not a dream right...?' Donghae's eyes was desperate as he looked into his.

'..I'm not..going..to..to wake..up and find..that...this..had mere..merely been a dream...?'

'..right hyung...??'

 

'What the hell is wrong with you??' Heechul snorted. He was tired of watching this sudden drama. This was not the right time for Donghae to have a mental breakdown.

'Have you lost your mind??? We have other things to worry about than your sudden emotions.'

 

'Hae, really what's wrong??' Leeteuk was getting really worried. He was scared that Donghae was going to go back to his depressed state like before.

 

Did his meeting with this mysterious boy sparked his old scars ?

 

'Hae..' Leeteuk tried again.

 

'..look..look..look at his palm...' Donghae merely said. His eyes kept staring into Leeteuk desperately.

'..look at his palm hyung!!' He pointed at the small figure before him.

 

Leeteuk went closer to Ryeowook at Donghae's words and grabbed his hand. He turned them around and took a look at his palm. His heart dropped in bewilderment immediately after. He looked at Donghae briefly as his eyes widened and his hands shook, he then looked at Heechul who was standing next to Kangin who was also looking taken aback. He turned his attention back to the boy inside Eunhyuk's arms.

 

'Woo..Wookie...?'

 

His voice trembling.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'Teukie hyung look look!!' 

 

A small young boy beamed with a huge smile of his face.

 

'Hyung..isn't that cat cute!!' He chuckled happily. He had his hand pointed at a large cat seated under the table.

'It has such large eyes.'

'Look at how cute his face his!!'

 

A young Leeteuk hugged the small boy gently. His heart tickled at seeing the smaller boy so happy and excited over something.

 

'Indeed.' He nodded.

'He is a very cute cat.'

 

'Hyung..why is cat cute???' The small boy asked him. His head slightly bend to the left. His eyes round with curiosity.

 

Leeteuk laughed at such an innocent question.

 

'Well, I guess, they were meant to be cute.' He answered him.

'Just like how cute you are.'

 

'EEEiihhh but hyung I don't want to be cute!!' The small boy protested.

 

'Hm? Why is that??'

 

'Cute is for girls!! I'm not girly girl gurl gurl!! Hmph.' He pouted. His chubby cheeks were so cute Leeteuk couldn't help but pinched them.

 

'OUCH! HYUNG!!' 

'THAT HURTS!!!'

 

Leeteuk merely laughed at him.

 

'Aish you're just so cute hyung can't help it!!!'

 

'HYUNG I'M NOT CUTE!!!'

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryeowook woke up feeling light headed. He stretched his arms out as he felt exhaustion all over his body. He stayed still for a second as he tried to remember what had happened. The last thing he recalled was that he had fainted due to the huge amount of pressure he had inflicted upon himself. He also remembered that he had caused injuries for some people. He sighed heavily. Disappointed at himself for his lack of control. The elder friterbie had warned him about this. Thou he did not explained fully about his curse, he did told him that he needed to learn how to control his emotions. Whenever het gets angry and such he would lose control of himself tremendously. He also mentioned that his curse was sealed deep within him when he was young and it was up until recenlty where the the seal was broken. This was the reason why he found himself was unable to control his emotions at times.

Ryeowook sat up as the soft feeling under him was very unfamiliar and it spook him a bit. He looked down and realized that he was sitting on a huge rectangle-shaped kind of thing. He had no idea what it was. It was his first time seeing such a thing. Well, everything was a first to him in this village. He quite like it thou, It has a soft and a warm feeling to it. It felt really homey.

Suddenly, Ryeowook eyes widened as he took in the atmosphere around him. He was in an unfamilar place and he had not idea how he got there. The situation freaked him out so much that he wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. However, his thoughts were disrupted when he heard a soft knock on the door. Three men walked in after that. Ryeowook didn't recognised any of them and having lived in the forest, he immediately set on his guard.

 

'You're awake..' One man beamed happily as he walked closer to him followed by the other two. Ryeowook curled up his knees quickly in an attempt to protect himself from these strangers.

'Hey...' He then said.

'..it's okay..don't be afraid...' He gave out a soft smile.

 

Ryewook said nothing in response but his eyes never left the man. He was feeling alert. He needed to protect himself.

 

'Um..don't..don't you remember who I am...?' The man finally asked after long moment of silence. His eyes were looking quite desperate into his.

 

Ryeowook didn't quite understand what the latter man said but he decided to give him a chance. Plus, his question caught his attention. He wondered whether this man was someone from his past. So, he shook his head slightly.

 

'Who are you..?' He then asked him.

 

'Your name...' The man said to him. 'Is it..Ryeowook...?'

 

Ryeowook eyes went round at this.

 

'How..how did you know my name...??' He demanded. His heart was pounding so loud he could faint.

 

Suddenly, the man in front of him started crying. It wasn't a sad kind of cry. It was more like he was relieved. Like he was glad and happy. He leaped forward and hugged him tighly. Ryeowook was surprised by the sudden gesture. However, he didn't try to pushed the man away. The feeling was familiar and thou he could not remember it, he felt happy and warm inside. It felt right to be held that way.

 

Who was this person to him? He thought.

 

The man pulled back from the hug and turned around to look at the other two men next to him.

 

'Hyungs..I knew it..I knew it was him hyungs..I felt it..I felt it in my heart when I looked at him and..and..his palm..OMG hyungs it's him!!'

'It's really him!!'

'It's our Wookie!!'

'Our Wookie!!'

 

Wookie ?

 

Ryeowook watched as one of the two men slowly sat beside him. His hands were shaking as he began touching Ryeowook's face.

 

'It is you....' He beamed quietly. His eyes were starting to water.

'..our Wookie...'

'..our baby Wookie...' He then hugged Ryeowook tightly. Again, Ryeowook didn't feel the need to push him away. He raised his eyes to see whether the third man would hug him as well but he just stood there. His face unreadable. Ryeowook wondered why his reaction was different from the others

'How could this be??' The man hugging started to sob. His shoulders shaking as he gently rubbed Ryeowook's cheeks.

'We thought you were dead..'

'..OMG..Wookie..our Wookie...'

'..our baby Wook..' His grip on Ryeowook became firmer.

 

'Um..could you..perhaps..tell me who you are...??' Ryeowook finally asked them. It was starting to feel weird being hugged over and over again by them when he was completely clueless to who they were.

 

'Show me your palm.' One of them said to him. 

'You see this mark on your palm?' Ryeowook nodded.

'We have it too. All three of us.' He then proceeded to show his.

 

'What does it mean then?' Ryeowook stared at the mark on his palm. He had never thought much about it before.

 

'It means that you are our brother.'

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments inspire me ;)