Chapter 2

The Boy of Flame

'Your highness. It's almost time for the ball. Please change into your attire.'

 

A tall man was standing before the window looking down at his Kingdom. His beloved land. His beloved home. The place where he was born and raised. It meant the world to him. It was his life. And for that, he would do everything in his power to maintain its peace and tranquility. Even if it means sacrificing his life. A smile formed on his face as he observed his people. Some were cutting woods while others were opening their stalls and setting up their shop. He smiled the widest when he saw little children running around and playing around with one another. It was his favorite sight of the kingdom. He turned around gently and gave a slide nod at his servant.

 

'Have the guests arrive yet?' He then asked his servant. The man before him was quite petite but he had a strong body. It was proven when he alone lifted a huge log in the forest and carried it all the way to the castle.

 

'Yes sire, they are arriving according to time.' The man replied with a small bow.

'Would you like an assistance in getting ready?'

 

'It's fine I can manage. I'll be down after I'm done changing.'

 

'Alright sire.'

 

The servant then went towards the door and with a bow he left the king alone in his room. The man watched silently as his servant went out of the door. He then proceeded in getting ready for the ball. As he was looking into the mirror he suddenly noticed something on a small cupboard near his bed. It was an old album. He stared at the album as old memories began to formed inside his mind. Feeling himself burned, he pushed the album off the cupboard and let it fall onto the floor. With much annoyance he then left his chamber and went downstairs towards the ballroom to greet his guests.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryeowook was growing strong each day. It was probably the result of living outdoor for so long that his body was becoming more adapt to the harsh environment. He had to survive on his own. Find food on his own to stay alive and battle with the wild creatures of the forest. Sometimes he would get sick and he had to stay inside the cave for days with no food because he had no strength to go outside and find some. Other times he would get infected by wild plants and his whole body would iched. Even though everything was hard on him it taught him to be strong and independent. With passing time, he became dependant only to himself. He had lost trust on anyone else or any other creature. He had lost hope in the world or on anybody. He was sure that if he had a family they would have found him by now. But it has been such a long time since he last seen another person that he gave up trying to convince himself that someone out there was missing him or used to care for him. He hasn't seen any other soul for so long he was starting to believe that he was all alone on this earth. He even forgot what day it was. Heck, he couldn't even remember what year it was. He had no memory of anything. The only other thing he remembered other than his name was a memory of him laughing and running with a few people. However, he couldn't remember their faces. Due to all of this, time was just passing by aimlessly for him that he stopped caring about the days and the years.

Ryeowook climbed onto a tall tree and looked out into the distance. The forest was his home and it was important for him to protect it. He had no other place to go. This was his everything. His paradise and his santuary. He had also grown close with the creatures of the forest. He was especially close to the friterbie, a small creature with a face like an elf and a stature like that of a dwarf. Since they are close to what a family is he wanted to make sure that they would always be save from any danger.

Ryeowook was observing the forest quietly when he heard sounds coming from the east part of the forest. Feeling alert, he immediately went to check on it. He jumped from trees to trees, an ability he learned from the Dobbies, another creatures of the forest that resembles a monkey but had large-pointy ears. He fastened his pace as the sound was getting louder and louder. He stopped his track when the source of the sound was found. He stood quietly on top of a tall tree as he looked down below.

 

'Ah hyung! This is why I told you to bring the map with us!' Yelled a skinny-looking man to the person standing next to him.

'Look! Now we're lost in the middle of no where!' He then grunted in frustrations.

'We're not familiar with this part of the forest hyung!'

 

'Eunhyuk, be quite while I'm trying to think of a solution.' Replied the older man calmly. He was testing the wind with his fingers and looking into the distance.

 

'How can you still be calm when we're completely LOST??!' The man called Eunhyuk snapped.

'Shindong hyung! We should have brought a map! Now we're never gonna find it!'

'AND how are we supposed to get back now?!' He was now going back and forth like a lunatic. His hands pulling the strands of his hair.

'GREAT! Now we'll never get back home and we'll die of hunger and loneliness in the middle of NO WHERE!!'

'And no one will find us and our bodies will turn to corps and be eaten by GOD-KNOWS-WHAT CREATURE THAT LIVES HERE!!'

 

'Ouh pish-posh you're being so dramatic.' Shindong responded calmly. He was still looking into the distance and trying to calculate their current location.

'It has only been an hour of getting lost and you're imagination is already running wild.'

 

The sight was so interesting to Ryeowook that he continued to stay quiet and observed them from a far. It had been so long. So long since he had last seen another living soul like him that he was feeling really excited and pumped up. At least he was sure it was a long time ago since it had only been a memory. A memory that he had no idea of when and where. But he knew that he used to live with other people. He was certain. What happened to him thou, was still a mystery and he had no idea how he ended up like he was now. Why he had forgotten everything.

 

'So what do we do now hyung?' Eunhyuk was trying to calm himself down as he looked at the man before him.

 

'Wait. Hyung is still trying to figure out our location.' Shindong replied simply. Still busy with observing their location inside the forest.

 

'We should have brought Donghae along with us.' Eunhyuk then said. He was getting tired and he was leaning against a tree.

'He could have summon the wind and help us find our way immediately.'

 

'You know Donghae can't leave the village Eunhyuk.' Shindong answered him as he began observing the stream.

'It's too risky.'

 

'Hmph. I know. Fine then. Just hurry and find our way hyung.' Eunhyuk complained. His face showing complete annoyance.

'I'm getting tired already.'

 

'That's what I've been doing so be a little patient will you.' Shindong said with a sigh.

 

The sound of leaves falling caught their attention and they immediately stood up, becoming alert.

 

'What was that?' Eunhyuk whispered. He was looking around trying to find the cause.

'Look! hyung over there! It's a..a small creature.' Eunhyuk observed deeply and immediately recognised it.

'OMG.' He yelped.

'Hyung! It's a..it's a friterbie!'

'This is great hyung! Imagine how awesome it would be if we were to bring home one of them.' He was so excited that he started skipping around.

'Everybody would be thrilled!'

'Let's capture it hyung!'

 

Hearing this, Ryeowook quickly jumped down from the tree and landed onto a large rock in front of them. Eunhyuk and Shindong were startled by his sudden appearance.

 

'Who..who are you..?'

 

Shindong finally broke their silence. He was shocked to find a living person inside the enchanted forest. As far as he had been told, the enchanted forest was only homed by wild and magical creatures. It was totally unexpected to find a human being there. Plus, the forest is forbidden to everybody except with the permission from 'The Wise Man'. He observed the boy in front of him carefully. He has a golden-brownish hair that run down his neck onto his shoulders and his eyes are hazel. It was really beautiful and captivating to look at. However, his face showed anger and annoyance and he wasn't smilling even the slightest bit. 

 

'The question is, who are you?' Ryeowook questioned the two men in front of him coldly. His excitement had turned into anger as he heard their conversation. No one was allowed to touch any of the creatures here. Not while he was still around. Never.

 

'That's just not possible.' Shindong said to him.

'Why are you here??'

'What..are you doing here ?'

'The forest is forbidden to anyone else unless with permission.'

 

'This forest is my kingdom.' Ryeowook responded immediately after. His eyes boring into his.

'It is you, who has entered my territory without permission.'

'LEAVE. NOW.'

 

'Your territory??' Eunhyuk couldn't believe what he was hearing.

'Excuse me you, this forest belongs to the three Gaia and they are the most powerful people around!'

'You are the one trespassing here!'

'AND we have some urgent business to attend here so please don't get in our way.'

 

Ryeowook was getting furious. How dare this person say he was trespassing his own home? A place where he had lived and grown in for so many years when they were the ones who suddenly popped out of no where? AND also, how dare they planned to capture one of his friends. If he hadn't been following the sounds they made who knows what could have happened.

 

'I'm warning you.' Ryeowook said. His teeth grunted.

'You better leave right now.'

'I'm giving you a chance while you still can.'

 

Shindong could sense that something terrible was going to happened but he couldn't just leave. He had orders and he needed to finished his task no matter what.

 

'Look, we mean no harm.' The best thing to do was to calm this person down. He didn't know why, but there was just something about his aura that made shivers run down his spine. His aura reminded him of another person and just the thought of it made him trembled.

'We're just looking for something here.'

'After we've found them we'll leave. Okay?'

 

'Shindong hyung! Why do we need to explain ourselves to this person?!' Eunhyuk was unsatisfied by Shindong's words. It was just ridiculous and unacceptable. They had orders and besides, this forest does not belong to him. He had no right to kick them out. Who does he think he is?!

 

'Eunhyuk, please....' Shindong tried to warned Eunhyuk and make him understand that something was definitely not right about this boy that was standing before them. His guts told him that it was better to not make him angry.

 

'WHAT??! GOD!! HYUNG! DON'T BE SO SCARED OF A SMALL PERSON LIKE HIM!'

 

'I've warned you.' Ryeowook suddenly blurted out making them look at him.

 

Both Shindong and Eunhyuk watched in horror as Ryeowook's eyes suddenly turned crimson red and he was looking straight at them. His eyes piercing fiercely.

 

'BURN.'

 

Ryeowook then simply said and immediately after, everything around them was on fire.

 

They couldn't believe what was happening right before their eyes.

 

They were too scared they didn't even have the time to act.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please leave a comment, it inspires me!