Chapter 11

The Boy of Flame

Sungmin entered the large meeting room followed by three men, dressed in various armor suites. The symbols on their left hands were different and indicated that they were from different troops. In the middle of the room was a huge table and Leeteuk, Kangin, Kyuhyun, Donghae, Shindong, Eunhyuk and Kibum were seen sitting around it, with Leeteuk, sitting at the head of the table. 

 

'We've come at your orders.' A tall man bowed slightly to Leeteuk.

 

'Thank you. Have a seat you three.' Leeteuk responded pointing towards the empty chairs at the table.

'We have much to discuss.'

 

When everybody was finally seated, Leeteuk cleared his throat making all attentions turned to him.

 

'As most of you have probably known, the reason why I called for this emergency meeting to discuss plans and strategies in regarding the declaration of King Rubius The Third.' He began, loud and clearly.

'For those who haven't heard of the news yet, it seemed that the man is currently planning on striking another war with us.' Leeteuk could see shock forming on some of the faces in front of him as he spoke of this.

'We've been informed by our spies that he is planning on it any time soon.' He continued.

'We had assumed that it will happen in 60 days.'

'Any questions?'

 

'How are you certain that it will happen in 60 days?' The tall man from earlier asked him.

 

'At first, I wasn't sure so myself too Siwon...' Leeteuk began explaining.

'However, I soon realized as soon as our barrier started breaking down.'

'As everyone is well informed, our barrier has been poisoned with black magic and it will take exactly 60 days before it will be completely broken down.'

'I assumed by that time, King Rubius and his men will come and attack us.'

 

'Hyung, are all of these somehow...connected...?' A man with dark red hair questioned. He was sitting at the far left side of the table.

 

'Indeed Yesung.' Leeteuk nodded.

'We believe that the barrier has been poisoned by none other than King Rubius himself.'

 

'So now, he's just waiting for the right time to enter our village.' The man sitting beside Yesung said quitely.

 

'Yeap. That's right Hangeng.' Kangin uttered to the man.

'For years, the barrier had been the only thing that stands between him and our village.'

'Only with the removal of that barrier will he able to attack us.'

 

'What does 'The Wise Man' had to say about all of this?' Hangeng then asked.

 

'I haven't been able to come in contact with him.' Leeteuk answered. He was folding his hands together.

'But I will inform you when I do.' He then added.

 

'What puzzles me the most...' Kyuhyun suddenly said making all heads turned to him. 

'Where did he get such power to weaken our barrier??'

'We all know that he doesn't have the capabilty of performing such magic, especially dark ones.'

'Someone must have assisted him.' They all nodded in agreement.

 

'I think Kyu is right.' Sungmin blurted out.

'Remember the Battle of East?'

'He used that wizard to perform black magic on our people.'

 

'Hell yeah I do!' Shindong cried out. He had his fists cleanched on top of the table.

'It was the hardest time for our past leaders during that battle.'

'Everybody started forgetting things and everything.'

 

'There were some who went nuts too.' Donghae agreed calmly.

 

Everyone looked at him but said nothing. Their faces showed sadness, clearly taken aback by Donghae's words. Everyone in the village knew fully of how Donghae had suffered back then in terms of emotions. He had lost a lot that day and had since became depressed. It was not until 3 years ago when he had recovered and went back to being the happy person he used to be so many years ago.

 

'Um..how's Heechul hyung...?' Eunhyuk asked in an attempt to divert attention from Donghae. Eunhyuk was the closest person to Donghae as they had been friends since birth. When Donghae became depressed, it broke his heart deeply as he wasn't able to do much to help the later. He was still young at that time and didn't fully understood everything. That was the reason why Eunhyuk is a little protective towards Donghae. He didn't want Donghae to return back into his depression state.

 

At this, Leeteuk frowned and Eunhyuk wondered if he had used the wrong question to divert attention from the strange atmosphere.

 

'As usual.' Leeteuk merely responded. His eyes showing sadness.

 

'It's been years...he still hasn't...you know....' Hangeng blurted out quietly.

 

'It was hard on him.' Kangin interfered seeing how emotional Leeteuk was becoming.

'He can't stop blaming himself for what happened.'

 

'Well, look on the bright side.' Eunhyuk chirped. He had his hands on Donghae's shoulder.

'Hae recovered! I'm sure he will too.'

 

'Hae's condition was different from Heechul hyung.' Sungmin disagreed shaking his head.

'Hae was depressed, but Heechul hyung..he just shuts everybody out...'

'We can't even go near him..'

 

'That's just immature of him.' Hangeng blurted out.

'I mean he's...'

 

'Remember who you're talking about.' Leeteuk warned them. Immediately, they stopped talking.

'Heechul is one of the leaders of this village and I will not hear any of you speak ill of him ever again.'

 

'Forgive us Leeteuk.' Sungmin apologised bowing his head slightly. Leeteuk merely nodded.

 

'Kyuhyun..are you okay....?' Shindong's question made everyone look at the said person.

 

'Huh?? I'm okay.' Kyuhyun replied fast. He had been having deep thoughts to himself that he forgot that he was sitting around a bunch of people.

'I was just thinking about something.'

 

'Well, don't let it get to you okay.' Shindong smiled knowingly at him while he pat his back gently.

 

'I have a suggestion.' Kibum suddenly blurted out. 

'We could use the prophecy.'

'I mean..what about the prophecy..?'

 

Kangin shook his head slowly.

 

'That prophecy is no longer relevant Kibum.' He then said to the younger man.

'Especially when...' Kangin stopped his words as he looked at Leeteuk and Donghae, scared of offending them.

'...you know...' He mumbled slowly.

 

'Especially when my brother died.' Donghae continued Kangin's words suddenly, shocking them all. Their eyes went round completely.

'Well, it's about time we start talking about it.' Donghae smiled at their reactions.

'I mean, how long are we going to avoid it?' He added.

'Isn't that right Teukie hyung??' He then looked at the older man.

 

'That's right.' Leeteuk nodded. He then looked at each of them calmly before continuing,

'That's why the prophecy is no longer relevant.'

'We need all four elements for it to come true.'

'Without them, it's merely impossible and..'

 

Eunhyuk suddenly jumped so fast they all got really startled.

 

'THAT BOY!!'

 

He cried out loud to them.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do leave some comments. Thanks for reading! ;)