Chapter 34

The Boy of Flame

'What do you mean it feels more dangerous Wook?'

 

Kyuhyun asked the smaller man that was staring into the surroundings with a serious look on his face. 

 

'I don't know Kyu but something feels weird.' Ryeowook merely responded. He was busy looking for something.

 

'See?! I told you that there was definitely something wrong with this place than last time!' Eunhyuk beamed proudly to Shindong who just shrugged.

 

'Well, you're not usually this sharp.' Shindong then said.

'So, I wasn't taking you seriously.

 

'What do you mean by that??!' Eunhyuk had an unsatisfied look on his face at hearing the older man's words.

'I'm not completely unuseful you know!' 

 

'Hyukjae really?' Shindong teased the other playfully.

 

'Everyone please be quiet.' Ryeowook suddenly uttered making all heads turned to him.

 

'What's the matter Ryeowook?' Siwon who had been quiet all this time questioned.

 

'Just remain silent for a moment please.' Ryeowook answered. They could all see the seriousness of his face and immediately did as they were told.

 

They watched with puzzled looks on their face as Ryeowook began walking around while closing his eyes. It was as if he was in some sort of trans. Then the smaller boy began lifting his hands up and saying words they had never off before. Ryeowook stopped doing that after a while and stood still like he was waiting for something. They wanted to ask what was going on so bad but they knew better than to bother the other and not trust him. Suddenly, they heard noises coming from the bushes and from behind them, came small creatures that looked like a smaller version of dwarves. They then watched in amazement as the said creatures bowed down to Ryeowook.

 

'What do you supposed...are those...?' Eunhyuk whispered to the others.

 

'Maybe..they're a type of dwarves...?' Siwon blurted out.

'Wait. Does dwarves even have a type? Or does it even exist??'

'I've only heard of them in fairytales.'

 

'Of course they do.' Shindong said to them.

'We're in the enchanted forest after all everything is magical here.' He added.

'But I can assure you, that those things over there are not dwarves.'

 

'They're dobbies.' Kyuhyun suddenly uttered making all heads turned to him.

 

'Dobbies??' Eunhyuk asked. His brows furrowed.

'How do you happen to know about them?'

 

'My mother used to tell me stories about them.' Kyuhyun responded.

'She told me that there are magical creatures out there who looked like tiny dwarves that are called dobbies.' He continued with a smile on his face.

'They are capable of making themselves disappear.'

'I never thought I'd actually get to see them.' He smiled again as he remembered the memories with his mother.

 

'Fascinating.' Siwon said in amazement.

'But what do you mean by disappear though?' He then looked at Kyuhyun with much curiosity.

 

'It means that they are capable of invisibility.' Kyuhyun answered.

 

'Awesome!' Eunhyuk beamed.His eyes wide with excitement.

'I wish I could do that.'

'Anyways, what do you guys supposed Wookie is doing with them??' He questioned as he looked at Ryeowook who was having some sort of converstion with the dobbies.

 

'He's talking to them obviously.' Shindong said.

'But the problem is, I can't understand a word they're saying.'

'It's remarkable how Ryeowook could understand them!' 

 

'Well, he had lived here his whole life remember?' Siwon merely responded making them all nod their heads simultenously, their eyes never leaving the fascinating sight in front of them.

 

Meanwhile, the seriousness of Ryeowook's face was slowly turning into a furious one as the smaller man continued talking with the dobbies which began to make them worried. Suddenly, Ryeowook started running. They were taken completely by surprised at the sudden turn of event as they quickly started chasing after him. They called out his name loudly as Ryewook began jumping from trees to trees which was done so skillfully they were at the same time amazed. They tried their hardest keeping up with the smaller man until he came to an abrupt stop. They heaved a sigh of relief as they sat down on the grass completely exhausted.

 

'What the hell Ryeowook?!' Eunhyuk was annoyed at the fact that he had to ran which is something that he hated doing the most.

'Why'd you suddenly ran of like that??!' He demanded wiping off the sweats formed on his forehead.

 

'Ryeong....?' Kyuhyun uttered quietly making everyone realized that Ryeowook hasn't moved even the slightest bit since stopping. Kyuhyun stood up and stepped closer towards his best friend.

'Wookie what's wrong??' He tapped the other slowly.

 

Ryeowook remained silence as he stared at the view in front of him. Kyuhyun turned his attention at the view Ryeowook was looking at and saw small woods that looked like tiny houses destroyed. The flowers and grasses dead and there were a lot of smokes. He turned back to looked at Ryeowook and immediately saw the look of horror on his face.

 

'Ryeong....' Kyuhyun tried calling out his name.

'Ryeonggu..'

 

Ryeowook turned to look at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun could clearly see the tears and anger forming inside his eyes. 

 

'..every..thing...des..destroyed...' Ryeowook finally said. His voice breaking.

'Everything is destroyed!' Ryeowook held onto Kyuhyun as his knees began failling him.

 

'Ryeowook what's wrong??' Kyuhyun began questioning the other when finally, realization hit him.

'Wookie..is this..is this where your friends lived...?' Ryeowook once told him about some of the friends he made in this forest. One of them specifically he meantioned was th closest to him. How they lived in small wooden houses and often invite him over for some tea. He was pretty sure that this was one of them.

 

Ryeowook simply nodded as he wiped out the tears inside his eyes. It took him awhile but he managed to regain himself back. 

 

'I have to find out what happened to them.' He then said with a strong voice.

'We have to be careful.' He looked at the others.

 

'We are definitely not alone here.'

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'At first, I only that it was just another dream.'

'But then it kept happening again and again.'

'The first few times were different types of stories. But then after awhile I began to realized that the people in it were the same and up until the fifth dream, I realized that they are all connected.'

 

He was running. Worries, filled his thoughts with each passing of time.

 

'Inside those dreams.'

'I saw an image of the village being burnt down many times.'

'Well..not all of them are about the village getting burned but it's like um..how can I say...telling me that the village was going to get burned...at least that's what I think.'

'Then I also saw two older man fighting with one another. And there was four men standing on top of a hill. But they looked upset.'

'Then there's also an image of a shadow. I'm not sure what it is but that shadow is always there. In each dream.'

 

He quickened his pace as his eyes turned sky blue.

 

'Then there's also this baby that was crying nonstop.'

'His eyes were red and beside him was...was a monster....'

'..and on the last part there was those four men again along with the shadow. Standing on the exact came hill as before..'

'..it is all very confusing to me...'

'..I don't understand the meaning of it all.'

'..and then in one of my dreams, was about the prophecy of this village...'

'That when the elements all gathered, the fire will stopped burning.'

 

He raised his palm and swirled it around.

 

'But what scared me the most.....'

'...was the image of...'

 

'...someone dying....'

 

He then disappeared into thin air, letting the wind filled him.

 

Taking him away.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'Teukie hyung!'

 

Donghae blurted out. Surprised at the sudden entrance of his eldest brother. 

 

'What brings you here??'

 

Leeteuk didn't say a word and quickly went near Donghae. The distorted face on him alerted Donghae that something was definitely wrong.

 

'Hae...' Leeteuk finally said as he held onto the other.

'Am I..am I....' He stuttered, unable to form any word.

 

'You're...what...?' Donghae questioned, getting even more worried at seeing his brother's actions.

'Hyung, what's wrong?'

 

'Am I that clueless???' Leeteuk then asked in a desperate voice.

'Am I completely and THAT clueless????' Donghae could tell that the older man was having a nervous break down. Leeteuk was shaking so badly that Donghae immdediately hugged him.

 

'Hyung calm down.' Donghae uttered soothingly as he rubbed his hands onto Leeteuk's back.

'Calm down. It's okay. Everything's alright.' Leeteuk suddenly break down into sobs which freaked Donghae even more. He had never seen his brother so distorted like this before.

 

'I'm so useless Hae!' Leeteuk cried out shakily.

'Useless!'

 

'Teukie hyung, no you're not.' Donghae tried to ease the older man.

'Hyung is brave, kind and loving.' He added.

'Hyung is never useless.' It felt weird talking to his brother like this but he didn't stop because he knew that Leeteuk needed to hear it.

'I love hyung just they way you are.'

 

'So...what happened?' He finallly asked when he was sure that Leeteuk had calmed down a little. 

 

Leeteuk then told everything that had happened between Heechul and him. Like Leeteuk, Donghae was also shocked and taken aback.

 

'..So youre saying..ummm....' Donghae was trying to grasp everything together.

'That there was something we've missed..?'

'..I...I don't understand..what did Heechul hyung mean..?'

'...Teukie hyung...'

'What's going on..??'

'So what do we do now??? Wookie?? Oh GOD...! Hyung..???!' Donghae began pouring out gazzilion questions at the older man.

 

'I didn't realized it too Donghae.' Leeteuk responded with a sad look on his face.

'I mean..I still don't understand and know what's going on but...' He looked at the younger man's eyes.

'For the first time...in forever...I saw that look in Heechul's eyes.' He then uttered.

 

'What look??' Donghae asked.

 

'That same look he always has whenever Wookie is in trouble.' Leeteuk answered. He then looked into Donghae's eyes.

'There's something we need to find out here Hae.' He then added after a brief moment of silence.

 

'There's something that we had overlooked and missed for all these years.'

 

'I'm sure of it.'

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do leave some comments as it will inspire me to update more and make my day. Thanks for reading! ;)

Btw, I went to Sungha Jung's concert yesterday and it was amazing!

For those who has no clue who he is can look up on him on Youtube. Trust me. He will blow your mind away!