Chapter 44

The Boy of Flame

Leeteuk were lost for words. Even though he knew that he had to do something before the situation take a horrible turn he found himself unable to move. Memories from years ago flung into his head. Memories of the fire, the explosions, the horror and destructions. Memories of his parents dying right before his eyes and the shock of seeing thousands of dead bodies laying around everywhere. Who knew this sort of day would ever come again.

 

'Ryeowook..why...' Tears fell down is cheekss he said this. What happened? How can this happen?

 

'RYEOWOOK!!' Leeteuk heard someone yelling from behind the smaller man. He looked up and saw Heechul running towards the now possessed Ryeowook.

 

Ryeowook stood with an unreadable face. He did not move nor did he say anything. He didn't even look at them. He was just staring blankly into space with his murderous eyes. It was as if he was waiting for something and Leeteuk found himself worrying like never before. Heechul stopped just a few feet behind Ryeowook. Leeteuk knew that Heechul was also lost and frozen to his spot. He wanted to help, find a solution, but just didn't know how.

 

'Ryeong...?' Heechul called out quietly but anyone who'd heard it can tell the urgency and desperation inside his tone.

'Ryeowook say something please.' Heechul was shaking slightly up to this point. His brain running a million mile per second trying to come up with a solution. Any solutions. The seal inside Ryeowook's body must be repaired and impailed once again but how can he make that happen when going near Ryeowook is like plunging to your own death itself?

 

Ryeowook remained quiet but his flames were getting bigger and darker. Just as this happened, Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, Siwon and Shindong arrived and stood behind Heechul. Like the rest of them. They were terrified at the sudden turn of event.

 

'Teukie hyung, what are we supposed to do now?' Kangin asked Leeteuk looking desperately at the older man.

'It won't be that long until that seal is completely broken.'

'Hyung! Say something please!'

 

 

Leeteuk tried to stand up despite his weakened knees. He held onto Kangin for a few seconds before walking towards Ryeowook carefully. His eyes, thou he was afraid, remained firm on Ryeowook's eyes. He was trying to see if Ryeowook was still there. If his baby brother was still conscious and fighting the monster that will soon take over his body.

 

 

'Ryeowook.' Leeteuk called out to the younger.

'Ryeowook my brother you have to fight this.' He continued to walk slowly and cautiously. He wave his hands towards Heechul telling the latter to also help him on this matter.

 

'That's right Ryeowook.' Heechul nodded as he said this.

'You can't let that monster take over you like that. Hyung knows...that you're still there.'

 

 

Leeteuk was almost near Ryeowook when a loud and disturbing sound was heard through out the sky. The sound was so nasty and perplexing that literally everyone, fell to the ground with both their hands clasping over their ears trying so hard to make the pain go away. It was so painful that they started to scream in agony. Ryeowook, however, wasn't affected even the slightest.

 

Shortly afterwards, there were lightnings banging nonstop. The clouds began to turn into the shade of grey and the sky turned darker. From beyond, a huge flying helix penetrates from the aboove heading towards them. Leeteuk and Heechul began to panic as they knew exactly who was siting on the Helix's back. True enough, the Helix lands on top of a huge rock that was only a few meters away from them and off jumped an old man in black robes and a cane. The horrible sound from before had stop however they weren't able to stand up. Whatever it was, something was definitely keeping them on the ground and the old man of in other words 'The Wise Man' that arrived was the cause of it.

 

 

'Such beauty and power...' The Wise Man said with a proud small as he walk towards them it disgusts Leeteuk so much.

'You have no idea...how long I've waited for this day to come...' He continued to say as he look at Ryeowook. Leeteuk's heart was beating a thousand mile per hour at this point. Ryeowook is in danger.

 

'DON'T TOUCH HIM!!' Heechul screamed at the top of his lungs as he tried to stand up but failing miserably. He knew that The Wise Man are going to do something horrible to Ryeowook. He has to move, he has to do something!

'DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HIM DAMMIT!!!!' Heechul tried many times to stand up despite the odds, he doesn't want to give up. Not when his brother's life is on the line.

'I'll KILL YOU!!!!'

 

'When I first found out that Heechul was hiding you inside the enchanted forest I knew immediately that one day, I would achieve what I've failed to do so many years ago thanks to your stupid father and mother.' The Wise Man completely ignored Heechul and uttered this to Ryeowook, who was still unmoving from his spot.

'Did you think that you were able to hide him forever from me?' He spoke and looked at Heechul now. Heechul said nothing but grunted with much anger and disgust, still struggling to break free of the dark magic bounding him to the ground.

'You know..you are a fool.' The Wise Man continued depiste everything. He was right next to Ryeowook at this point.

'Every single one of you are.' He said. 'I've deceived your ancestors before and now, I've even managed to deceive all fo you.'

'The Wise Man??' He chuckled. 'Are you actually foolish enough that you think there is such a person?' He began to walk in a circle with Ryeowook in the middle.

'Oh right. I forgot. You are.'

'If you look into the history of the Kingdom of Principia Rerum there never did exist anyone known as The Wise Man. I've simple altered your history and your memory. It was one of my best works definitely.' He smirked proudly at this.

 

'WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM US??!!' Heechul was bursting with anger. He was frustrated with his inability to move and save his brother Ryeowook and the village for that matter.

'WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS??!!!'

 

'You're disgusting how can you worship The Terra of Demetor?!!!' This time it was Kyuhyun who screamed. Like Heechul, he too was desperate and frustrated.

'You're planning on reviving him aren't you?! And after you did what are you planning on doing then??? Do you think he's just gonna let you live and reward you? He's a ing monster!! He killed his people and made war with his own family his own BLOOD FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU'RE A MANIAC!!!!'

 

 

It happened so fast, Kyuhyun didn't have time to react. Before he knew it, The Wise Man's hand was already on his throat choking him. Kyuhyun let out a cough and struggled for air as he tried to free himself. It was hard The Wise Man's was too strong it surprised.

 

 

'You shouldn't go around saying things you don't know kid.' The Wise Man spat. His eyes were filled with nothing but anger. He was furious at how Kyuhyun badmouthed The Terra of Demeter.

'He was betrayed by his own father who promised him the throne and for what? For working together as a family? What family??! Bull!' He let out a dry laughed and began choking Kyuhyun harder. Kyuhyun was struggling so much he began to become short of breath.

 

'STOP IT LET GO OF HIM!!!' Eunhyuk begged. He was crying and his body was shaking. He couldn't bare watching Kyuhyun being tortured any longer.

'Please let him go!'

 

'What are you talking about?? Creeps like him don't even deserve to be kept a life.' The Wise Man merely said. Kyuhyun found himself losing his consciousness. 

'Oh I know. I'll feed his body to the giants.' He laughed evilly. 'I do owe them for helping that stupid good for nothing King Rubius.' He added.

'He was never part of the plan. But because of his interference I was able to disctract you all from seeing the truth even know some of you was starting to get in my way.' He looked at Heechul as he said this.

'But your stupidity of being the sole standing hero took a turn on you didn't it? Everyone...your own stupid brothers even...they didn't even understand anything or try and they welcomed Ryeowook back with open arms. They didn't even know the danger they've placed Ryeowook in. The village in.'

'They didn't even listened to you.' Kyuhyun was now hanging on for dear life. He tried to whistle and call out to his dragon but he couldn't because he was struggling so much for air.

 

'LET HIM GO!! TAKE ME! TAKE ME AND KILL ME INSTEAD AND LET HIM GO!!' Heechul screamed as he look at Kyuhyun's dying state.

'I'm the one who've ruined your plan many years ago!'

 

'OH GOD PLEASE LET HIM GO!!' Eunhyuk was sobbing at this point. He was afraid of seeing Kyuhyun die. He didn't want to see the younger man die.

 

'Hyu-hung...' Kyuhyun managed to choked out but his eyes kept on fluttering on and off. He knew that he was almost at his limits.

 

'PLEASE!!!' Shindong and Siwon begged, joining Eunhyuk's desperate pleads.

 

 

Leeteuk tried to break free even more desperately now. He began murmuring a few charms and spells to try and break the invisible chain that was holding him and everyone else to the ground. He needed to be quick or else Kyuhyun will die. But it was impossible because it was always hard to break a dark magic spell. Leeteuk saw the fluttering eyes of Kyuhyun and felt his heart stop. No. Kyuhyun you can't.

 

 

'DAMN IT!'

 

 

However, when all hopes seemed to have lost, all of a sudden, The Wise Man was pushed with a large force sending him flying a few feet backwards from Kyuhyun. was. Kyuhyun let out a blastful of coughs as he breathe in desperately for air. He was thankful to have been safe but nevertherless he was shocked to see Ryeowook standing in front of him, shielding him protectively from The Wise Man. It Ryeowook who had pushed The Wise Man away with so much force.

 

But how was that possible?

 

Kyuhyun looked at his surroundings and saw the same look inside his eyes on Heechul, Leeteuk and everyone elses eyes. They too, had the same thing on mind. What the hell just happened?! The Wise Man however despite being startled, quickly stood up to his feet again. He looked at the person who pushed him and chuckled.

 

 

'Well, nothing much to be surprised in..the transformation hasn't complete after all..' He began patting his robes to make the leafs and dirts go away.

'But to think that you will have the strength in you, to fight the other soul, just for the sake of saving your friend. I gotta give that one to you.' He calmly walked towards Ryeowook.

'Well I think that's enough for now.' He said.

'I will have to put you to sleep for The Terra of Demetor to be completed.'

 

 

Ryeowook was breathing hard. His body was shaking and sweats were forming all over his body. His eyes were going back and forth from hazzle brown to dark crimson red and his flames were flickering on and off. It had been a desperate struggle for him to regain control of his body. He had to endure so much pain in order to defeat the other soul that had gotten ahead of him when he was struck earlier. He knew his seal was broken but he didn't tell Heechul or anyone about it. He thought that he could fight it off but he was wrong. He didn't even realize when and how he lost to the monster inside of. When he lost control at first, he gave up trying to fight back because it was too painful for him to bear. If he had to put it into words, he felt as if his body was being struck with thousands of knives nonstop. But when he saw how Kyuhyun was dying he beared everything and made sure to stop The Wise Man from taking away Kyuhyun's life. 

 

 

'You will not touch...the people I love...'

 

 

Ryeowook fell on the ground with a loud thud as he said this. He was trembling vigorously as the same excruciating began to take over his body. He knew that it will be just a matter of time before the other soul will win over him once again. He wanted to stop it from happening but he just didn't know how. He was afraid of what will become of his family, his friends and everyone in the village if The Terra of Demetor was to unleashed. If he were to lose again to it. The thought of it made him so scared tears were beginning to form inside his eyes. He can't let them die because of him.

 

 

'Ryeowook!' Heechul called him. He was relief but worried all at the same time.

'Is that really you?!!'

 

'Hyung..you..you have to..you have to get everyone out of here...' Ryeowook tried to say despite the pain.

'I don't know how long...will I...will I be able to stop myself....' He then looked at Heechul's eyes desperately.

'...get everyone out of here hyung...please...'

 

'Ryeowook there's no way I can leave you.' Heechul replied. His heart sank. He blamed himself for being such a useless brother when clearly his baby was hanging on for dear life.

 

 

Ryeowook gasped when The Wise Man held his head. He turned around and looked at the older man.

 

 

'Let go of me!' Ryeowook hissed. 

 

'The only way for The Terra of Demetor to be completed is when I put an end your life kid.' The Wise Man uttered as he began reading in what seemed like a mantra. Ryeowook could feel himself losing consciousness instantly.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Yesung was rummaging through some old books that Leeteuk had entrusted to him before the war started. The books contained evey single history and details as well as the prophecy that they've been told so many times about. He wanted to make clear of something that had been bugging him ever since his earlier encounter with the baker boy who tried to leave the sanctuary and go to war.

 

'Ah, found it!' Yesung exclaimed as he began reading the cointain of one of the books he was rummaging.

 

Henry was sitting besides him, dumbfounded. He scratched his head a few times. He was coufused and he didn't understand what was going on. The older man had suddenly dragged him to this small room inside their sanctuary while he was telling his story without any single explanations and told him to  just sit here and wait for a while.

 

For what exactly? He thought, but he didn't dare to ask. He didn't want to make Yesung angry. He was already in so much trouble before.

 

'I can't believe that no one thought about this in years!' Yesung suddenly stood up and said out loud. Henry looked at him like he was the most weirdest person he had ever met. 

 

'I mean it's so obvious since The Great Mafuda and every single generations of Gaias!' Yesung looked at Henry enthusiastically and grinned.

 

 

'I guess you're not just baker boy after all.'

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

'No Ryeowook!'

 

 

Leeteuk could feel his heart bursting out of his chest. Ryeowook was going to die. His brother was going to die.

 

 

'NO HE CAN'T DIE!!!!!!!!' Leeteuk yelled at the top of his lungs as his eyes turned the shades of neon sea blue. 

 

 

All of a sudden, the ground began to shake vigorously and just a few seconds after that there were many holes that appeared from the shaking all across the battle field. Leeteuk raised up his palms and water began spurting out of each hole. The water was not like any typical water in fact, it was glittering. Almost like diamonds and it was as if they were dancing.  Leeteuk raised his palm even higher recide a few spells and mantra and said.

 

 

'Break.'

 

 

As soon as he said this, the water began moving in what look like spirals of tiny tsunamis and went to every single person on the field. The water splattered them from waist to down below in a beautiful manner. Soon after, black smokes can be seen appearing from their feet and dispersing into thin air. 

 

 

'I can..stand...' Eunhyuk said after the water began disappearing. Leeteuk did it. He had succeed in breaking the dark chains that was caging them.

 

 

However, Leeteuk was not done. He stood up and walked towards The Wise Man in a piercing manner. His eyes deadly.

 

 

'Drown.'

 

 

Leeteuk said as water began bursting out in a circle form, trapping The Wise Man inside. Leeteuk wanted to kill him for everything he had done. He had never felt so much desire to kill someone before. Nothing can stop him now. Leetuek did not stop his pace and launched another strike of tsunamis. The Wise man, undeterred stood up and disperse the water with black smokes coming from his palms.

 

 

'Kid. I'm not that weak.' He said to Leeteuk. His eyes turning murderous and black.

 

 

'To you I summon and to you I call.' The Wise Man murmored with his palms facing upwards.

'The devil of the dark, the force of the evil.'

'Rise as I summon you for I am your lord. Rise as I summon you and kill every pure souls.'

 

'OH CRAP Leeteuk hyung!!!' Heechul yelled at his brother and pointed out at King Rubius' soldiers. Leeteuk turned his head around and his eyes immediately widened.

 

 

All of King Rubius soldiers, dead or alive, stood up and led out an aura that of a devil. Their eyes were completely black like they had no pupils and they somehow grew even taller than they originally were. Leeteuk knew immediately that they will kill every last one of his soldiers and people. 

 

 

'Impossible!' He heard Kibum cried out and his heart stop for a while when he realized why. The giants that they had killed previously were also revived from the dead.

 

'How...this..this...is impossible...' Leeteuk stuttered.

'This form of magic...how...' He was so stunned that The Wise Man had this form of magic. The strongest and most darkest form of ancient dark magic. The kind that can revive anything from the dead and create an army of devils. They won't die no matter how many times you kill them. It has to be stop from the source itseld. IIt was also similar to what Demetor had.

'How did you...'

 

'How did I have this power?' The Wise Man let out a satisfied laugh.

'How did you think I have it? It's mine. It always has been.' Leeeteuk and Heechul as well as everybody that was present shook with fear at the sudden realization. Their eyes flung with nothing but horror.

 

'You mean...' Leeteuk gulped.

 

'That's right.' The Wise Man grinned.

'I'm not a worshipper of The Terra of Demetor. I am the person himself.'

 

 

Leeteuk could feel his sweats running down his spine. The truth was so real and so hard to believe. He found himself dumbfounded. How could have they not realized this? They've been living with him in the mansion for years!

 

 

'Bu-but you're dead...and your soul...' He tried to say.

 

 

'Oh I am dead.' The Wise Man responded. 'But I've revived, well..not completely that is..'

'This is not even my body to begin with.' He uttered with a chuckle. 'It belong to some useless being that I killed.'

'You see, when your ancestors lock away my soul they did not just lock it away. They split it into half. One half is not strong as the other. They could not split it evenly. I mean how could they? I'm just too powerful.' He let out a proud devilish laugh at this.

'One half of my soul is before I obtained the monstrous dark powers or what you people call as The Terra of Demetor which I used to destroy my father's kingdom during the war mercilessly. The other half is my weak side but it was still a strong side. In other words, my original power as one of the sons of The Great Mafuda. Why you ask? Well, they had to do it. It was the only way to stop me I'll give them the credit for that but you see, I may be dead in human form but I was never dead. They could not destroy me. Nothing. Absolutely nothing can destroy me.' He gave out another set of devilish laughs.

'Anyways, about my soul. The strong is not strong without it's weak and the weak is not strong without it's strong. After years of reviving and freeing myself from those stupid chains your stupid ancestors made, I was only able to claim and revive just half of me. The weak part of me.' 

'I had the other half freed but I was too weak to put myself back together so I had to find a vessel. A place where I can place my other soul and that's when you're brother Ryeowook, was born. What a coincidence right?' He grinned.

 

'What...' Leeteuk was lost for words. He was completely appalled.

 

'So our brother's life is a joke to you?!' Heechul grunted his teeth. He was angry. No furious. How could this man say that Ryeowook's birth and everything that  has happened to him was merely a coincidence? That he just happened to be born on the wrong time and be made into a vessel. This stupid old man made them suffer he destroyed Ryeowook's whole childhood! He destroyed them! And he destroyed HIM!

 

'Well what did you think that he was special or something that I chose him as my vessel?' The Wise Man laughed incrediously.

'You're just pathetic.' He then uttered.

'Well I have no time for this I have other matters to attend to thou I'd be a little sad because I won't be able to enjoy the show and watch the cries of pain from you and your people when my soldiers slice them into pieces after I command them in just a few moments from now.' 

 

'WHA-' Heechul said but realized too late when The Wise Man suddenly formed black smokes that made Ryeowook and himself disappear into thin air.

 

 

'RYEOWOOK!!!!'

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments inspire me to update so do drop some! ;)

P/s: This story is finally reaching it's ending and I can't wait to finish it then I can focus on my other unfinished fics hee~

Thank for reading!