Chapter 24

The Boy of Flame

Ryeowook woke up in what has now been called his room. He sat up and looked around. The room was empty and he was all by himself. His head was still throbbing slightly so he raised his hands to give it a little massage. Everything was normal to him until he remembered what had happened earlier on. All of a sudden, tears fell down his eyes as he felt his heart fluttering as he realized something. He remembered. Finally, after all these years, he remembered everything, His childhood, his family, his brothers, his friends, the village, everything...however, unknowingly, it was slowly breaking his heart.

 

------

 

'Wookie! It's okay..omma's here! It's okay my child.' His mom tried to calm him down as he was a sobbing mess. She hugged him tightly as four men approached them. Each of them carrying a sword and wearing an armour suit.

'Please..ta-take me...but dont..don't hurt my son!' She pleaded them. One of the men simply pushed her away as he then grabbed a hold of him.

 

'OMMA!!!!!!!!!!!' He screamed out loud, frightened.

 

'Let him GO!!' She jumped on him and grabbed his neck.

'DON'T TOUCH MY SON!!'

 

The other three men pulled her down and pushed her hard until she hit her head onto the wall and fainted.

 

That was when he saw nothing but RED.

 

------

 

However he couldn't remember anything after that. The only thing he remembered was running away with Heechul. The older boy was holding onto his arms so protectively that he felt safe and he wasn't scared of anything or anyone. Heechul then lifted him up as they continued to ran away from the men chasing them from behind.

Ryeowook was in deep thoughts as he slowly recalled everything from his past. There are still pieces and bits missing especially in regarding his curse but other than that, he remembered everything. It was supposed to be a happy moment for him. He was supposed to feel excited and everything but he wasn't. How could he ? The real truth was out and he felt nothing but anger. He felt like everything was slowly breaking him apart once again and testing him. Just when he had found comfort in this mansion. His new home.

He lifted his head slowly as he heard the door being opened. He saw Leeteuk and Donghae walked into the room side by side. They were looking at him, worries and anxieties clearly seen on their faces.

 

'Wookie..? Are you feeling alright...?' Donghae asked as he walked closer to his bed, Leeteuk tagging along next to him.

 

'Don't come near me.' Ryeowook spat out at them. His eyes staring them coldly. This caused Donghae's track to stop immediately as he stood still, stunned at the sudden behaviour coming from his brother. It was only recent that Ryeowook began accepting them into his life. He had never felt so happy to be doing a lot of things with his baby brother once again. So he was scared that Ryeowook was going to push them away again because of what Heechul had said.

 

'Ryeowook...' Leeteuk tried to explain.

'Heechul..didn't mean what he said..you're not a monster Ryeowook ah..you're..'

 

'Oh cut the crap already.' Ryeowook hissed.

'You know that's not what I'm upset about.'

 

'Ryeowook what's wrong with you??' Donghae asked him worriedly. He didn't understand what was going on or what was Ryeowook was telling them.

 

'You know what I'm talking about.' Ryeowook responded simply.

 

'Ryeowook what-' Leeteuk uttered and then quickly realized something.

'Did-did you overheard everything...?'

 

'You think?' Ryeowook blurted out.

'Just when are you planning on telling me about that?'

 

'Ryeowook I..' Leeteuk tried to find a way to explain to the younger man.

'..it's not like that..we were just..so happy to see you and..it didn't really seem..that matter if you know or not...'

'..I guess we just wanted to enjoy spending time with you without remembering anything about your curse or telling you..'

 

'Ouh I already know about my curse.' Ryeowook told them. His eyes showed anger and disappoinment.

 

This surprised both Leeteuk and Donghae. They looked at each other and then back at him.

 

'How is that possible??' Donghae asked him.

'I mean..I thought you lost your memories and even if you don't..you don't know much about it when you were younger...'

 

'It doesn't matter how I know.' Ryeowook answered him. He looked down for a brief second as he felt his emotions starting to build up again. He then looked back at them.

'Is that it?' He questioned them.

'Is that why you left me in the forest all by myself for all these years?'

'Because I was cursed ?'

'And because I could destroy everything and everyone??'

 

'Wookie we've already explained to you that we thought you were de-'

 

'Then why did that Heechul person said all those things??' Leeteuk's words were cut off by Ryeowook.

'He wouldn't say something like that if he did thought that I was dead. He said so because he hated seeing me return to this village when you've gotten rid of  me years ago. And then I suddenly popped out of no where. He said so himself I was a monster and a danger to this village. Why wouldn't you want to send me away??'

 

'Ryeowook please don't say something like that, it's not true!!'

 

'And as for you two..' Ryeowook ignored his words as he stared deeply into their eyes simulteneously.

'You only accepted me back because you felt bad for you did to me.'

'Didn't you?' 

'I was so stupid..for believing in you...for putting myself into this whole idea of finally having a family...'

'Because I was so fed up with having to survive on my own without anyone by my side.'

'..I wanted to be loved..to love..to not be alone anymore...'

'..a warm place..acceptance...'

'...I was so stupid...'

'You let me rot for twelve years in that forest..hmph..my whole life has been nothing but a joke.' He chuckled.

'I'm so stupid.'

'What an idiot. Ryeowook you're an idiot.'

 

'Dear God, Ryeowook it's nothing like that!' Donghae was having a mental break down at Ryeowook's words. He just could not believed what his younger brother had come to believed.

'It's like everything we've told you before. It has nothing to do with your curse!'

 

'GET OUT.' Ryeowook said coldly as he turned his head away not wanting to look at them any further. 

 

'Ryeowook please...' Donghae pleaded. He can't lose his brother again. No. Not again. Not like this not ever. He can't let Ryeowook shut himself away from him.

'..please listen to the whole story!'

'Let us explain!'

 

'LEAVE.' Ryeowook said again. He refused to listen to them any longer. He was tired and his mind hurt from everything and everyone.

 

'Wookie...'

 

'WOULD YOU JUST GET OUT ALREADY??!!'

 

'Ryeowook listen to us first...'

 

'I JUST..I JUST NEED SOME TIME TO MYSELF ALRIGHT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' Ryeowook shouted at the top of his lungs as he started sobbing. His whole body was shaking. Leeteuk and Donghae's heart broke into gazillion pieces seeing his state like that.

'JUST. GET. OUT.' He begged as he his head throbbed, exhausted at everything and everyone.

'PLEASE.'

'GET OUT.'

'JUST GET OUT.'

 

Leeteuk and Donghae said nothing further as they let the younger man have some time to himself. Their hearts breaking all over again.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm not really a person who would often say what I'm about to say but this time around I want to.

It's just that I've been really upset with the lack of comments from you guys. I really appreciate it when you say thank you to me for updating but what I really want to hear is more on your feedback on the story. Being a writer, what you want most is to hear more from your readers so that you'd know whether you are making a great progress with your story. And whether I've improved myself as a writer. I want to know whether this story excites you guys and I also want to know if you have any guesses for the mystery behind it all and what is actually Ryeowook and everyone elses' roles. I want to know what you thought about as you read this story. Then only, we'd have a great journey in this story as writer and reader. 

Um so yeah that's pretty much it. I'm really sorry if I offend anyone. I really do appreaciate it with all my heart that you are even reading and subscribing to my story so sorry if I'm being too demanding.

Anyways, thank you very much!

And to those who write long comments, I just want to tell you that I really really enjoy reading them. It made me happy that you are talking about your thoughts on this story especially on the characters so thank you very much.

I hope you enjoy this double update ;)

 

Much Love,

Haruhi.