Chapter 14

The Boy of Flame

Leeteuk and Donghae entered the large meeting room once again. Everybody that was present before looked at them silently as they sat back on the  empty chairs they had left behind earlier on.

 

'For acting out and being immature, I apologise.' Donghae said as he bowed his head slightly to them.

'It was irresponsible of me to follow my emotions when we are discussing of what is best for the village.'

'Please forgive me.'

 

'It's okay Donghae.' Sungmin smiled at him.

'We know you didn't do it on purpose.' They all nodded in agreement.

 

'Thank you everyone.' Donghae responded.

 

'Now that's settled.' Leeteuk uttered as he looked at them.

'Let's proceed with the meeting.'

 

As they were about to continue their discussion, a loud burst of the door disrupted them. Some of them got stunned they always fell out of their chair. They all turned their heads and look at the door. Their eyes widen as they saw the man standing there.

 

'WHAT IS THIS??' The man demanded furiously. He had both his hands on his waist.

'You are holding a meeting without me??!'

 

'Come in Heechul.' Leeteuk responded calmly, gesturing him to enter the room.

'Have a seat.' He then said to him.

 

Heechul said nothing as he stormed into the room in anger. He then took a place around the table. He folded his arms together and leaned back against the chair in protest.

 

'How dare you held a meeting and not tell me?' He uttered sharply to them. His eyes was showing nothing but annoyance.

'I am one of the leaders of this village and it is compulsory that I am present.'

'I need to be informed as well.'

'How disrespectful of you people.' He finished as he slammed the table.

 

'You were gone for two days and no one could figure out where you've been.' Leeteuk replied him. He was used to dealing with Heechul's outbursts so instead of shouting at the latter, he was calm and collective.

'You didn't inform anybody of your whereabouts.'

'That was very irresponsible of you.'

 

'You couldn't wait until I get back, could you??' Heechul snorted. He couldn't accept Leeteuk's reason.

 

'Heechul hyung, this is an emergency meeting.' Donghae informed him. It has been long since he had last seen his brother. Sure they may live in the same place but Heechul was always inside his room or his study room. Sometimes he would be gone for days that Donghae hardly even see him anymore.

'It was unplanned.'

 

'Explain to me the situation then.' Heechul merely said. His ego never leaving him.

 

Leeteuk sighed silently at his behaviour.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'Go away!'

 

The guards pushed Ryeowook so hard that he fell onto the ground. He held his hand onto his chest, feeling pain throbbing him once again. He stared at them furiously, unable to accept their rude treatment.

 

'No one is allowed in the mansion without permission from the three Gaia.' One of the guards snapped at him.

'Go home kid!'

 

Ryeowook stood up slowly. His hand never letting go of his chest. He breathed in a few times, trying to calm himself down. It had been a long day for him. The journey from the forest to this village wasn't that short in fact, it was really tiring. That was why he couldn't afford to let himself be conceive in anger when he was extremely exhausted. Plus, he was still wounded and he didn't want to put any extra pressure on his body.

 

'I wish to the see the three Gaia.' He asked them again.

'There is an urgent business that I need to attend to.' He continued.

'And I am in need of their assistance.'

'Please don't be so rude to me.'

 

'You will have to get permission first kid, I told you!' The guard on the left side yelled at him.

'AND who cares if we're being rude to you?? Who are you anyway???'

 

'How am I supposed to get permission then?' Ryeowook questioned. His brow raising.

 

'You need to get permission from the three Gaia, who else?!' He snorted. Ryeowook was starting to feel annoyed again.

 

Don't they know how respect other people?! Expecially those who had came from outside this village??!!

 

'How am I supposed to do that when I can't even see them?' Ryeowook reasoned. They were just being ridiculous and plain annoying to him.

'They're inside this mansion and you don't allow me to go in, so how am I supposed to do that??'

 

'That's not our problem kid.' The guard on the right side smirked at him.

'Now go home while you still can.'

 

'Can't you go in and tell them that they have a visitor??' Ryeowook didn't want to give up as he continued to plead them.

'Please..I need to see them.'

'Please help me.'

 

One of the guards came forward and pushed him again. Ryeowook fell onto the floor with a loud thud.

 

'GET LOST KID!!' The guard yelled at him.

'GOD, HOW ANNOYING CAN YOU BE??!!'

 

Suddenly, Ryeowook felt his anger overtaking him again. That same feeling of hatred he had felt before at the forest when he was with the Friterbies was slowly controlling his mind and his self-consciousness once again. It didn't take long before he completely lost control of himself.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'So does everyone agrees?' Leeteuk asked the men in front of him. They were discussing some strategies to protect the village from King Rubius' men. Kibum had suggested that they placed a troop at the West, East, South and North part of the village to watch over that area and prevent outsiders from entering.

 

'I agree.' Kyuhyun nodded followed by the others.

'Since the barrier is breaking down, it is best to have our men watching our borders from all sides at all times.'

'We don't know when or who will try to tresspass.'

 

'Kyuhyun's right.' Kangin agreed.

'I'm sure by now, words of our village being vulnarable has already spread to a lot of outsiders and our enemies.'

'Protection has never been so important until this point.'

 

'Okay then, I want the leaders of each troop to arranged their men at each boarder.' Leeteuk began after much thought.

'Yesung you take the North, Siwon East and Hangeng West.' He pointed at them simultaneously.

'As for the East, the riders, you're in charge.'

'I want you to placed dragons as many as you can to protect it.'

'The East side of our village is the most vulnarable since it is where King Rubius' Kingdom is located.'

'Is everyone clear?' He asked them as he finished his orders.

 

They all nodded their heads in response.

 

'Good, now I want us to...'

 

Leeteuk's words were cut off when he heard loud commotions outside. He stood up from his chair as he went to the window to have a look. His eyes widened as he saw a huge fire forming at gate of the mansion. At the same time, one of the guards bursted into the meeting room in complete panic.

 

'Leeteuk, Sir!' He cried out loud, already out of breathe by the time he stopped his track.

'..fire..outside..huge...' He tried to utter his words.

'..huge fire outside..'

'..can't..can't stop it...'

'Huge fire outside can't stop it!'

 

Without a word, Leeteuk ran immediately out of the room and headed out to the front gate. He was followed by the others from behind. By the time he reached the scene, the fire was already spreading into the walls of the gate. He quickly went near the gate.

Leeteuk closed his eyes as he raised both his palms upwards. When he opened them back, his eyes had turned into the colour of babyblue.

 

'RAIN.'

 

Leeteuk said simply and rain started pouring down from the sky.

 

The rain got heavier and heavier as they wiped away the huge fire down below. It only stopped when the fire was completely gone. When everything was over Leeteuk put down his hands and looked at the guard besides him.

 

'What happened??' He demanded. His face was serious. 

 

'There was..this boy...' The guard replied. He was trembling. As if he had seen something terrible.

'..he suddenly got mad..and..and everything..started..burning and..he..he..the others..two...burned...'

 

'What boy??' Leeteuk questioned.

'What are you talking about??'

'Who got burned??'

 

'I told them not to be rude to me.'

 

Leeteuk questions was answered by a voice from the other side of the gate. He turned his head around and saw a boy standing there. His eyes were crimson red and he was staring at him with so much hate and fury. Leeteuk dropped his vision downwards and his eyes went round as he saw two of his guards laying down on the ground. Their bodies completely covered with burns and injuries.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, comments inspire me to write ;)