Chapter 26

The Boy of Flame

Shindong was a complete mess. His hair was all tossled up and his eyes were dead tired and he was barely keeping himself awake. There were books all over his tables including papers, scripts, scrolls and ancient remedies. Even though his body was begging for him to take a break, his mind and his heart couldn't. It was important that he finished the task Leeteuk had instructed him to do. Just as he began looking through a large book, Eunhyuk walked in holding two mugs of coffee. The wonderful smell caught his attention's immediately.

 

'Hyung take a break.' Eunhyuk told the older man as he placed one of the mugs on the table.

'I brought you coffee.' He then said.

 

'I can tell.' Shindong merely responded.

'Smells good.'

 

'Which is why you should take a break and enjoy it.' Eunhyuk uttered as he took a sip of his coffee.

'Come on it's really good.'

 

'Hm..maybe you're right.' Shindong decided to give in. He had to admit it, he was completely drained from all the work and research he had done for this whole week.

 

'Still not able to locate it?' Eunhyuk asked as they both sat in front of the fire place. The warmth was giving them so much comfort that Shindong were finally able to relax himself bit.

 

'Nope.' Shindong shook his head.

'I gotta admit. It's really driving me crazy.'

'I've read practically everything, perfomed..every spell I know and learned..it's still hasn't been working.'

 

'Have you tried using your powers?' Eunhyuk asked him.

 

'I have.' Shindong answered. 'But my powers are limited. You know it's not like that of our Gaias.'

'I am not able to feel it's presence like I can with all the other plants and flowers.'

'It's because the flower has very strong powers and can only be sense by a strong person.'

 

Eunhyuk nodded his head. Fully aware of what Shindong was saying. Average people like them, can only use so little of their powers. They need someone stronger to help them trace this flower.

 

'Why can't we just go back into the forest and look for it??' Eunhyuk questioned. It was much better than wasting their time here researching.

 

'I told you already.' Shindong responded.

'It's very dangerous for us to leave the village since King Rubius has his eyes all over us. Leeteuk forbids us to go into the forest unless we have really found the exact location of the flower.'

'Walking around the forest cluelessly is just too risky.'

 

'Ah..right..' Eunhyuk merely said.

'Hyung why can't we just use Ryeowook??' He then asked the older man.

 

'What do you mean by that?' Shindong couldn't grasped what Eunhyuk was trying to say.

 

'Well..his curse...' Eunhyuk began.

'It originates from the Sapphire Blue Flower itself...so..can't we use him...?'

'Figure out something and how to?'

 

'Don't be ridiculous Eunhyuk.' Shindong rolled his eyes at the other's words.

'That curse is different.' 

 

'How so..??' Eunhyuk questioned. His brow raising. To be honest, he didn't really understand or know more about Ryeowook's curse. He was young when it happened plus Donghae had never really talk about it. In fact, he would get angry if he even think of asking him about it.

 

'That curse..it was mixed with something else..' Shindong began explaining.

'..The Terra of Demeter...'

 

'The Terra of Demeter..?' 

 

'Yup. Do you remember about the legends our land? Before our time?' Eunhyuk nodded.

'But what does that  have to do with Ryeowook's curse??'

 

'Well, as you know..' Shindong began his story. 

'Long ago, before our time there lived a powerful and ancient creature called Mafuda.' He continued.

'Mafuda was so powerful he could control everything and anything he wants.'

'One day, as he was walking down a river, he saw a beautiful woman bathing in the water.' 

'She had long hair that were said to be as long as the longest river on earth.' He gestured his hand to portray this.

'As she was the prettiest woman he had ever seen, he immediately fell in love with her.'

'Long story short, they got married and had five children.' He decided to skip the basic romance part and move on.

'Due to Mafuda being a powerful being, each of his children inheritate a part of his powers.'

'The eldest, Shaya had the power of water, the second, Kekiya had air, the third, Famusha had void, as for fourth, Heros, he had fire and last but not least, the youngest, Demeter, had the power of soil.' 

 

'Yeap, I remembered that part.' Eunhyuk blurted out.

'Then?'

 

'Moving on.' Shindong continued his story.

'Mafuda was getting old and it was time that he select an heir to his massive Kingdom.'

'He held various competitions to test out each of his sons' abilities.'

'Surprisingly, the one who outstands the others, was the youngest, Demeter and so he was chosen to be the heir to his father's throne.'

'However, just before Demeter was pronounced King, Mafuda changed his mind. He decided that all five of his children shall work together and become the rulers of the Kingdom.' He cleared his throat a bit and finished the last bit of his coffee.

'Demeter was so angry at his father's sudden decision that he protested against it. He was supposed to be the one and only ruler after all. He declared a war against his father and it when on for years.'

'Finally Demeter was defeated and held captured in the prison at the bottom of Mafuda's palace. Mafuda was dying however and his last requests was to see all of his sons before he died including Demeter. So they had the guarded held Demeter as they faced their father. Seeing this opportunity, Demeter yelled that he will be the only ruler of this kingdom and that he will destroy his four brothers.'

'Again, long story short, Mafuda's last words were, 'Only when you are together, can you ever succeed.'

'Earth must be complete, for the props to blossom.'

 

'After that Demeter went ballistic and somehow managed to escape his arrest.' Eunhyuk blurted out. Shindong nodded in agreement.

'He then declare another war with his brothers.' He added.

'However he lost and because he couldn't accept his fate he took out his sword and stabbed himself in front of his brothers.'

'His last words were, 'I may be dead but my spirit will never rest or leave you alone, one day, I'll tear you and this whole Kingdom apart'.'

 

'That's right.' Shindong told him.

'Then came peace throughout the whole Kingdom, called The Kingdom of Principia Rerum, ruled wisely by what we know and awknowledge as, The Gaias.'

'That was how our Kingdom was born and up until this day, everything remained the same..well..except that we only have the village now..'

'..the other parts had been as we know, fully conquered by King Rubius in The Battle of East years ago.'

 

'But I don't get it.' Eunhyuk said to the older man.

'Again, what does this story had anything to do with Ryeowook??'

 

'Well I never said I was finished, did I?' Shindong raised his brow defensively.

'You're so impatient.'

 

'Sorry, go on then.' Eunhyuk chuckled.

 

'Well, it turns out, what Demeter said was true, that his spirits will never rest as long as the Kingdom remained strong.' Shindong began again.

'And it has been told that according to legend, with each time, his spirit which was then known as The Terra of Demeter, began causing harms to the people of the Kingdom. It began possesing them, making them kill each other and set fire everywhere.'

'It got so bad that The Gaias at that time locked his spirit away in a dungeon that has been charmed with many protective barriers and magic.'

'His spirit has been said to be so evil, it was nothing but pure hatery and anger.'

 

'And that is the thing that now lies inside of Ryeowook...' Eunhyuk finally understood everything. Shindong nodded at his words.

'But..who..or what..and how..put it inside him....?'

 

'Sadly, it is still unknown even to this day.' Shindong replied him sadly.

'It remained a complete mystery.'

'What happened was on the day that Ryeowook was born, he was abducted.' He explained.

'They only found him the day after near a tree all by himself. He's abducter was never found.'

 

'What about the curse??' Eunhyuk then asked with much curiosity.

 

'It was not known until a few weeks after that he was cursed.' Shindong answered.

'What happened was, Ryeowook suddenly got upset and his whole eyes began to darkened.'

'Long story short, he almost set the whole village into fire.'

 

'I see.' Eunhyuk said. He couldn't believe he had forgotten of such occurence. Well, it couldn't be helped. He was still young during that time.

'But after that, that thing was sealed completely right?'

 

'Yeap.' Shindong replied.

 

'Hyung, then..explain to me about the prophecy.' Eunhyuk requested.

'Does it also have something to do with Demeter??'

 

'Not exactly.' Shindong shook his head. 

'Demeter was a being, while the prophecy talk about the element itself.'

 

'What do you mean by that??' Eunhyuk asked, confused.

 

'Well, the prophecy stated that when the four elements of the land, water, wind, void and fire united, Earth will be completed as a saviour from the sky will fall and bring eternal piece through out the land.' Shindong explained.

'Any form of enemy shall be defeated and no one shall or can ever get in their way.' He continued.

'The prohecy originates from the very last words of Mafuda, that the earth must be complete. However, no one can really confirm whether the prophecy is true or just a myth.'

'It's just a myth in my opinion.' He added.

 

'Well I hope its true.' Eunhyuk said enthusiastically.

'Then we can definitely kick that Rubius dude's and show em who's boss!'

 

'..Mmm yeah..' Shindong simply responded. He was even more exhausted after explaining a lot of things to the younger man that he didn't have any strength to continue his work.

'Story time's over, I'm going to bed.' He then uttered as he stood up and began walking towards his bed.

 

'Huh?? What about your work thou??' Eunhyuk questioned, surprised at seeing Shindong leaving for bed before finishing his work. It was rare of him.

 

'Well, you've pretty much drained all of my energy with your endless questions and I swear if I don't sleep like now, I am going to faint.' Shindong merely spat as he laid down on his bed. 

 

'Hehe..sorry about that hyung and thanks.' Eunhyuk chuckled at his answer. He knew that the older man wasn't angry at him. He was just tired and he felt a little bad for asking him so many things.

'Have a good rest, sleep tight and Good Night then.' He wished him as he left the room quietly and went into his own room.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double update. So, the history is finally out. Leave some comments ;)