Chapter 10

The Boy of Flame

Ryeowook was walking through the jungle. He managed to maintained a constant pace despite the throbbing he felt on his chest as he continued his journey, passing by many rives, swamps and different parts of the forest. 

 

'There was once a boy who was born with a curse and for that he was hated by many.' 

 

He stopped as he felt pain on his chest. His wound was still fresh and it was beginning to slow him down. He cursed.

 

'He was sent away in a place where no other humans can be found.'

 

He leaned back against a tree as he looked over at the mountain located in the East side of the forest.

 

'His memories were taken away from him and he was forced to survive on his own.'

 

He heaved out a long sigh as he continued his journey once more. As he started walking, his mind began trailling back to his last conversation with the eldest Friterbie.

 

'For all these years..you knew...' He said to them. His tone were filled with sadness and disappoinment.

'..each and every one of you knew and yet you didn't even bother on telling me...' His tears felt as he tried to keep himself together.

'...I grew up..so clueless and so...so lost...how...how could you....'

'..you let me live this way..for so many years...'

'..how could you...'

 

'I know you would hate us for this Ryeowook.' The elder Friterbie replied him. He had an apologetic look on his face.

'But there will a time when one day you'll realize and understand everything.' He continued.

'Then you'd know why we had to do what we did.'

'Why we had to keep eveything away from you and let you live alone for years.' He added.

'It was to protect you.'

 

'Then tell me...about my family..'. Ryeowook asked him desperately.

'..and tell me more about this curse I have....'

'...is that..is that why I'm being hunted down...?'

'Was this the reason why the two men earlier tried to kill me??'

 

'I'm afraid I can only tell you to this much.' The eldest Friterbie merely responded.

'I am so sorry Ryeowook.'

'I wish I had the power to tell you more.'

 

Ryeowook shook his head slightly as he removed the rest of the conversation from his mind and focus back on his journey. He needed to be quick. He had to protect himself. He was now fully aware that he was in danger. That there were people hunting him down to kill him. Therefore, he had to hurry and reach his destination. So that he could learn more of his past and this curse he supposedly has. He had to go and see Him.

 

'He knew just about everyone and everything.'

 

These words continued to rang on his mind as determination swiped over him.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

There is huge piece of land, just beside the mansion, that are filled with green grass and beautiful wild flowers. Four men stood at the edge of this land just beside the mansion's side gate. Their heads looking upward, as if waiting for something to drop from the sky. Suddenly, loud roars can be heard far up on the sky. Following it after, huge flow of winds was immediately felt.  Three riders, each sitting on top of their dragons flew magnificently in the sky in a triangle form before landing gracefully on the ground. Leeteuk smiled proudly at their arrivals.

 

'What seems to be the problem?' One rider said as he got down from his dragon. He was tall and muscular. He had brown hair and deep hazel eyes. The dragon he was riding was the blue-horn dragon. It has a pure white body and a long tail. Famous for its icy breath.

'We were just flying over the Sea of Black Pearls to spy on pirate activities reported previously.' He added.

 

Leeteuk hugged the young rider and gave a small pat on his back.

 

'Welcome back Kyuhyun.' He then uttered to him.

'Welcome back everyone.' He proceeded to say to the other riders.

 

'Thanks hyung.' Kyuhyun smiled at the older man.

'Glad to be home.'

 

'So, tell us about the situation.' A rider of the black-fire dragon blurted out. He was gently patting his dragon and settling him down on the grass. He had a blonde hair, sharp eyes and a small stature. But his body was muscular and strong-looking.

 

'It's Him.' Kangin replied him. 'King Rubius The Third.'

 

At this, the rider frowned. Fully aware of the said name.

 

'What does that idiot wants now??' He questioned. His brow raising.

 

'He's planning on a war with us Sungmin.' Kangin explained followed by nod from Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Shindong.

'We're still unsure when he's planning to attack but we assumed that it will be some time soon.'

 

Sungmin left his dragon's side and went near the others. He had his fist formed, angered by the news he had just heard.

 

'But that's just ridiculous!' He grunted his teeth.

'We just had a war with them like 12 years ago and still, we haven't fully recovered from it.'

 

'I'm afraid there's nothing that can stop that him now.' Leeteuk said to them.

'We have no choice but to prepare ourselves fully.'

 

'What do you think of all of this Kibum??' Donghae asked one tall man that had been observing everything quietly. 

 

'I think that our main priority is still to protect our people.' Kibum uttered in a calm manner.

'Which is why the first thing we need to to do is to fix our barrier.'

 

They all nodded at his words.

 

'What's the progress of that?' He then asked as he look at both Shindong and Eunhyuk.

 

'We went to the forest a few days ago but we weren't able to find it.' Shindong told the taller man.

'We didn't stop looking until Donghae called us back.'

 

'I see.' Kibum responded.

'Hyung, is there any other way for us to fix the barrier?' He asked Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk shook his head.

 

'Nope. That barrier was made a long time ago using magic. It was built to prevent people with black magic from crossing, such as King Rubius and his alies from entering our village. The charms used was specifically stated for such people. Only those who came from this village and those with special abilities and gifts are able to pass through that barrier.' 

'So when the barrier was attacked with black magic, the only way to fix it is by using the Sapphire Blue Flower from the enchanted forest.'

'I believe it was King Rubius' doings and he is just waiting for that barrier to be completely broken before launching his attacks on us.'

 

Leeteuk's explanation was long but everyone paid close attention to him.

 

'How long will it take for the barrier to be completely broken down?' Kyuhyun asked him.

 

'I'm not sure but I was told that it could probably take like 60 days.' Leeteuk answered.

'It's not a very long time when we think of all the things needed to prepare for war.'

 

'We have to start gaining forces right now.' Kangin interfered.

'We need called out our troops and everything.'

'We can't waste any time.'

 

'I'm gonna held an emergency meeting in one hour and I want each and everyone of you to be there.' Leeteuk ordered. He then looked at Sungmin.

'Sungmin, I need you to call the leader for each troops. Tell them to be here in two hours.'

'Tell them it's about King Rubius.' He continued.

'We have much to discuss, much to plan and much to prepare.'

'You can go and tell them now.' He added.

 

Sungmin nodded in response and climbed back onto his dragon. It didn't take long before he was flying up in the sky once again.

 

''As for the rest of you let's go inside. We have much to do.'

 

Again, they all nodded in response.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always, comments inspire me so please drop some ;)!