Chapter 46

The Boy of Flame

'Where do you reckon they're heading to?' Kibum asked with a whisper.

 

'HIS lair.' Kyuhyun snorted. 'At least that's what my guts are telling me '

 

'His lair?' Kibum was dumbfounded.

'You mean The Wise Man?'

 

'Stop calling The Wise Man.' Donghae uttered angrily.

'He's a fake and a monster who ruined my little brother's life!'

 

'Donghae hyung be quiet.' Kyuhyun immediately placed his hand over the older man's mouth.

'I know you're angry hyung but we mustn't draw any attention towards us.'

 

'Right. Sorry.' Donghae apologized after Kyuhyun released him.

 

'Why are they stopping??' Kibum suddenly asked. They were hiding behind a huge statue.

 

'That's weird.' Kyuhyun said. 'Where's the other guy thou??'

'Oh my god wait a minute.' Kyuhyun realized something but before he could do anything he was knocked unconscious.

 

--------------

 

 

Leeteuk looked at his surroundings and cursed. This is bad. He wasn't strong enough to stop the overwhelming power of the dark magic. He tried everything he could but it was nearly impossible to stop them.

 

'Damn it!' Leeteuk hissed as he avoided an open fire from of the enemy's soldier. 

 

'There must be a way for us to stop them!' Kangin yelled from behind. 'They can't possibly be unbeatable can they? That's ridiculous!'

 

'The only way to stop them is by destroying their main source of power which is Demetor himself.' Eunhyuk told them.

'We're just wasting our time and energy here!'

 

'But we don't even know where he went with Ryeowook and even if we find him we still don't know how to defeat him.' Kangin argued. 'Man this is making my head spin!' He ruffled his hair furiously.

'We have to do something our people are dying and the villagers are in danger!'

'Teukie hyung you're the leader! You're the most powerful in the village can't you do something about this?!' Kangin was getting desperate.

 

'I know Kangin I know.' Leeteuk responded grunting his teeth. He was under a lot of pressure. 'I'm doing my best right now to think of a solution so cut me some slacks why don't ya.' He knew how right Kangin was but there was not much that he could do except for protecting them from being possessed and getting bad injuries and hit with his powers.

 

'Teukie hyung!!' Suddenly there was someone who called out to him from a distance. He turned around to see who it was. 'Teukie hyung I've found it!'

'I've found the way to stop this whole mess!!'

 

'Yesung ?' Leeteuk called out in confusion.

'And who's that with him??' He asked the others.

 

-----------

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes with a grunt. His head was spinning and it took a while for his vision to become clearer. He looked around hastily feeling his hands hurting. It was only then he realized that his hands were locked in metal chains.

 

'Kyuhyun are you alright?' Kyuhyun looked up at saw Kibum just across the room opposite of him. He got his hands in chains as well.

'Kibummie...' He called out to him. His eyes immediately widened after that when he saw Donghae next to Kibum, unconscious. 

'Donghae hyung! What..what on earth is going on??'

 

'Apparently someone locked us up here.' Kibum told Kyuhyun.

'I'm guessing it was those guys we were following ealier.'

 

 'What is this place??' Kyuhyun asked looking around.

 

'I don't exactly know...their lair...?' Kibum shrugged. Suddenly, they could hear the doorknob being turned and soon afterwards those very same men they were following entered the room with a a badly injured Shindong. It looked like he had been tortured by them. Their hearts clenched at this. Behind them was King Rubius.

 

'Shindong hyung!' Kibum cried out.

'What did you do to him???!'

 

'Yah! Let us go!' Kyuhyun immediately demanded. He showed absolutely no fear even though those men could do practically anything to him.

 

'Ah I guess these brats are awake.' King Rubius chuckled.

'You're quiet the clever one aren't ya?' He pointed at Kyuhyun.

'You knew exactly where I was heading.'

 

'Well it's obvious.' Kyuhyun smirked. 'You're with that stupid old man. You guys planned this whole war together well guess what?! You don't know who you're playing with!' Kyuhyun looked straight into King Rubius' eyes.

'That guy you believe to be your partner. He's totally toying with you!!' The smile on King Rubius's face was immediately gone at this.

 

'And why would I believe you?' He uttered walking towards Kyuhyun slowly.

'You're just trying to play with my emotions.'

 

'Am I??' Kyuhyun questioned sarcastically.

'Well I guess well have to see when this is all over. Not only me and the rest of the villagers, but you and also your people...we're all gonna end up together, as his slaves!' He added bravely.

 

King Rubius grabbed Kyuhyun by the collar.

 

'I don't believe you kid.' He uttered confidently.

'No one can ever toy with me.' He chuckled. 'I am the greatest master mind there ever was. And soon your whole village will be mine and after all this year I can finally conquer everything.' He proceeded to laugh evilly.

 

'You really are an idiot.' Kyuhyun mocked staring straight at him.

'And I somehow feel sorry for yo-' Kyuhyun could not finished his words as he was suddenly punched by the face sending him backwards. He then coughed out blood.

 

'Kyuhyun!!' Kibum cried out worriedly. Clearly he was shocked at what he just saw.

 

'How. Dare. You. Insult. ME.' King Rubius said furiously as he stood in front of Kyuhyun.

'It was my mistake for keeping you alive this long after all. I should have just kill you the moment I knew you were following me.' He walked towards one of his men and grabbed a sharp and long blade from one of his pocket. Kibum's eyes immediately went round.

 

'What are you planning on doing??!!' Kibum asked with a panic.

'No! Stop! Don't do it please!'

 

'You know what, I have a better idea.' King Rubius announced.

'Bring me the fat guy.' He ordered.

 

His men did exactly as they were told. King Rubius held shindong by the shoulder and placed the blade onto his neck. Kyuhyun and Kibum could feel their hearts racing immediately.

 

'Y-Yah! Let him go!' Kyuhyun said nervously. He knew that one strike would end Shindong's life faster than lightning. That blade wasn't just long and sharp. It was also poisoned.

 

'This useless piece of here.' King Rubius pulled Shindong's hair backwards. 'Have something I need. But he refuse to tell me where exactly it is. So...I'm not very happy about that. Not at all.' 

'If you don't want to see your friend's life ends here you better tell me where exactly is that thing I need.' He ordered.

 

'What are you talking about??' Kyuhyun demanded.

 

'The Sapphire Blue Flower of course.' King Rubius responded.

'Now..tell me where is it. Now.'

 

'..K-kyu...do-don't..do..it...don't tell..him where..it is...' Shindong suddenly uttered weakly. They could see that he needed medical attention so bad. There were just so many injuries on his body. What has he went through?

 

'Who told you to speak? Huh??!' King Rubius pulled Shindong's hair even harder causing him to yelped in pain.

'Where is The Sapphire Blue Flower??? HUH??!' He looked at Kyuhyun angrily.

 

'I don't know where it is let him go!' Kyuhyun yelled out, pissed.

 

'YOU LIAR!!' King Rubius pointed his finger at Kyuhyun.

'I knew you went to the enchanted forest looking for it and I knew that you've found it so tell me where is it and GIVE IT TO ME!!!'

 

'..if he gets his...ha-hands...on it..it..it will be..bad Kyu..h-he wants to..give it to...The Wise Man..' Shindong was still braving himself to protect the flower and the village.

 

'I SAID SHUT UP!!!!!' King Rubius held up the blade to strike Shindong. Both Kyuhyun and Kibum immediately went ballistic.

 

'NO!! SHINDONG HYUNG NO STOP!!!!!!'

 

King Rubius was about to strike Shindong when all of a sudden, the blade he was holding flew backwards with a strong force of wind.

 

'WHAT THE!!!' He looked to his right and saw Donghae rising his palm into the air. Donghae had created the wind.

'YOU!!!' King Rubius walked towards Donghae with so much anger and grabbed his collar by force.

'YOU TY LITTLE GAIA.' He grunted his teeth.

'YOU ALWAYS RUIN EVERYTHING FOR ME! YOU TOOK AWAY NY DREAMS OF CONQUERING EVERY LAND THERE IS AND NOW WHEN I FINALLY HAVE THE CHANCE TO SUCCEED YOU ARE GOING TO RUIN IT AGAIN FOR ME!!!' He yelled at the top of his lungs and kicked Donghae in the stomach hard.

 

'DONGHAE HYUNG!!!!' Both Kibum and Kyuhyun cried out loud.

 

'You will NEVER succeed!' Donghae spitted the blood in his mouth and said. 'You were always so greedy. You don't care about your people or any people for that matter. You only care about gaining power. And that obsession of your has turned you into merely a creature of slavery. A slavery for power that you lost everything that makes you human. Everything that can make you see from right to wrong.' Donghae gritted his teeth furiously.

'It was our mistake for letting you live for so long. Heechul hyung told us to destroy you when we had the chance during The Battle of East but Leeteuk hyung and I we believed that you at least have a human empathy somewhere in your heart and that you would change your ways. Boy how wrong we were.' Donghae grabbed King Rubius hands that was grabbing his neck forcefully causing the other man to be taken by surprised. King Rubius men immediately stepped forward to help their leader but their feet were bound on the floor by Donghae's power. Donghae then stared into King Rubius' eyes.

'Instead you ruined my family. You forced my brother Heechul into doing dreadful things for you in order to protect my baby brother Ryeowook. You made him into merely a slave bound by his love for our family. You made us go against him. You ARE. A MONSTER.' Donghae could feel his hands shaking as he said this.

'You want to know where the Sapphire Blue Flower is?' Donghae asked sarcastically. 'Well guess what you will never find it cuz I won't let you. Even if I have to die today I'll take you with me.'

'You want to gain power you said?' Donghae chuckled. His grip on King Rubius tightened. 'And the flower will help you gain power? Is that what The Wise no Demetor told you??? You're a fool indeed.'

'You don't know who you're playing with.' Donghae continued his words. King Rubius tried to break free but he couldn't. Donghae's powers were holding him hostage.

'Did you think that once you gave him that flower he would reward you with every land there is?? He's using you!' King Rubius could feel his body being lifted up from the floor. His eyes widened.

'Neither you nor Demetor shall EVER touch. My. Family. AGAIN.'

 

 

Donghae's eyes had changed colour as he uttered this. King Rubius was terrified. Somehow the powers he received from Demetor isn't working which made him panic. It was as if it was suddenly gone and taken away from him. Donghae was so enraged and so powerful that even Kyuhyun, Kibum and Shindong were scared as they watch the whole thing silently. They could feel the overwhelming force of Donghae's power surrounding them. They had never seen Donghae like this before.

 

'Put me down you ty little thing!!!' King Rubius yelled at the top of his lungs as his body raised even higher. He was literally floating in the middle of the room. Donghae ignored his yells and raised his other palm, forming a small typhoon. He was planning on drowning King Rubius in this typhoon by cutting off all air and oxygen from him.

'NO! STOP PLEASE!!' King Rubius began to beg as he struggled in mid air to get himself free.

 

'Like I've said. I should have killed you years ago.' Donghae said as a matter of fact. He emotion was dry and he bear no pity for this man that had helped ruined his family for so many years.

'You will pay for what you did to my brother Heechul.'

 

'NOOOOO STOP!!!!!!!!!!' Donghae was suddenly interupted by someone who forcefully barged into the room. It was Zhoumi.

 

'Zhoumi!!' King Rubius cried out.

'Son help me!! He's going to kill me!!!'

 

'Donghae, please.' Zhoumi looked at his father beriefly before walking towards Donghae. He then fell onto his knees just next to Donghae.

'I know you're really mad at him..that you really despise him but please...he's still my father..I can't just let you kill him. I'll do what it takes to stop him from hurting your family and your village after this..I promise so please...let him go...I beg you...'

 

'I'm afraid I can't Zhoumi.' Donghae shook his head.

'I know that you've been awfully kind. You've helped us a lot but a person like him..will never change his ways. If I let him go now..in the future...he would still come and hurt us..he would come and hurt my family and my people. Just take a look outside Zhoumi. Just take a look and see how many have died and are currently fighting for their lives out there because of him. I can't let him go.'

 

'Please Donghae. He didn't know what he was doing. He didn't kniw what kind of a man The Wise Man is!' Zhoumi said desperately. He knew what an evil man his father is but still what son can see his father dying right before his eyes?

 

'Even if he didn't he threatened us for YEARS!!! HE WANTED OUR VILLAGE FOR YEARS AND HE RUINED MANY LIVES BECAUSE OF HIS GREEDS!!!!' Donghae snapped. Everything was getting ridiculous in his eyes.

'J-just put a spell on him or-or paralyze him anything so that he can't act that way ever again but just don't kill him Donghae please!!' Zhoumi was crying at this point. He was extremely desperate. His heart was torned apart. He understood Donghae's anger and everything he has said was the harsh that he has to accept about his father. And for that he was willing for Donghae to put a curse, a spell or whatever into his father because more than any person alive, he knew that his father would never change his ways. That was impossible. His greed for power was too strong and he was long consumed by it. This was probably the hardest thing that Zhoumi had ever done in his entire life and he was trembling vigorously.

 

'What are going on about??!!' King Rubius uttered angrily.

'You want him to put a spell on me and paralyze me you good for nothing son??!! You're supposed to save me and help destroy them!!'

 

'I know this won't satisfy you much.' Zhoumi tried his best to ignore his father's cruel words and said to Donghae.

'I know that this will never make up for what he did to you and yiur family I know that but Donghae..he's the only family I got left..so please...please...'

 

'Donghae hyung..' Kyuhyun hated what he was about to say but he felt sorry for Zhoumi. In his mind, Zhoumi was the unluckiest person in the world. Being born as the son of an evil man who only see power but not love. How had his life must have been. Kyuhyun can only imagine.

'Maybe we can..you know..do what Zhoumi asked..as long as it will stop the threat and danger to our village then I..I see no harm in it.'

 

'Kyuhyun don't be ridiculous!' Donghe didn't bugged. His hatery and anger was just too big.

'I will not do it!!'

 

'Donghae please...' Zhoumi continued to begged.

'..you know how it feels to lose someone you love so please..'

 

'Donghae hyung think of Ryeowook.' Kyuhyun suddenly said. At the mention of Ryeowook's name, Donghae could feel his heart softened. Even just a tiny bit.

'If he were here what would have he said and do.'

 

'I don't want to regret anything Kyu.' Donghae told him.

'This is not just about Zhoumi. This is about our entire village. Our people. I can't just let go of him just because his son begs me for it. I have to think about the future. And we still haven't found Ryeowook and Demetor.'

 

Kyuhyun didn't know what else to say. He knew that Donghae was right even though he felt bad for Zhoumi. He looked over at Zhoumi with sympathy in his eyes.

 

--

 

'OH MY GOD you people are so weak!!' 

 

Suddenly there was a loud voice speaking to them but there was no one to be seen.

 

'Just kill him already why don't ya??!!' The voice then said.

 

'Demetor??' King Rubius was the first one to recognized the voice.

'Yah!! Where the hell are you??!! Come and help me this people are about to kill me!!'

 

They could hear a loud noise emerging from the thin air and soon enough, Demetor appeared before them. There were black smokes coming out of his body everywhere. They could sense strong dark magic radiating out of him. Donghae was taken by surprised that he almost let go of King Rubius and his men.

 

'Yah! There you are now come here and help me!!' King Rubius demanded.

 

'Demetor.' Donghae hissed.

'Where's Ryeowook?? Where have you taken my brother too???!!'

 

'I was getting bored you see..' Demetor ignored them and uttered, pacing around the room.

'I was just watching from a distance and waiting for you to kill this guy.' He pointed at King Rubius. 'But you were taking such a long time I got bored and decided to pay a visit instead.' He chuckled, leaning against the wall. King Rubius eyes went round with horror.

 

'You want them to kill me??!!' King Rubius spat.

'I thought we're in this together??!!!' Demetor let out an evil laugh.

 

'Together? Well too bad for you, unfortunately I work alone.'

 

'YOU!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING AND HELP YOU!!!! YOU WON'T EVEN BE HERE IF IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF ME!!!!' King Rubius was furios at this point. He had been made a fool and he had been betrayed by the very person whom he thought was his partner.

 

'Don't flatter yourself too much.' Demetor merely brushed him off.

'I never needed you. I was only using you to get to that flame boy and to get me The Sapphire Blue Flower which you didn't manage to until now.' He added.

'Well, nevermind, I guess some things you just have to do it on your own.' He laughed and turned towards Donghae.

'When I heard that you wete brought here I was excited because I knew you would pull off something like this.' He said to Donghae with a smirk. 'I didn't need this guy anymore so I was glad that you would get rid of him for me. I didn't have to do the dirty work after all.'

 

'WHAT?!! YOU DIRTY PIECE OF WHEN I GET OFF HERE I'M GONNA KILL YOU AND DESTROY YOU!!!' King Rubius shouted with so much anger his face turned red and his body was shaking.

 

'Well, what are you waiting for?' Demetor challenged Donghae.

'Finished him off. You know that, that is the best solution for you and your people right? I'm giving you this chance so do it.' For a lomg time, Donghae just stared at him. Then he looked at Kyuhyun, Kibum, Shindong and Zhoumi.

 

'I'm not gonna be like you.' Donghae sighed and put down his hands, releasing King Rubius and his men.

'And I refuse to do anything for you.'

 

'Such foolishness.' Demetor blurted out.

'You're just what I expected you to be. Weak.' He then added.

'Very well. I'll just have to do it myself.' Demetor wave his hands and released poisoneous black smokes heading King Rubius way. 

 

'NO!!!' Zhoumi launched forward to protect his father and was soon caught by the smoke. Zhoumi fell onto the floor, choking. The smokes were strangling his neck and his body. He couldn't breathe or move. His body felt like they were pierced with thousands of blades. Everybody in the room went speechless at the turned of event including Demetor himself.

 

'SON!!' King Rubius was so shocked he ran towards Zhoumi, tumbling to his stomach. He grunted but still, he crawled towards his son desperately.

'Zhoumi!!! Stop!!! Let him go!! LET HIM GO PLEASE!!!' King Rubius looked at Zhoumi and Demetor simultenously and begged.

'Oh my God what have I done??!! ZHOUMI!!!!' 

 

Donghae tried to use his powers to free Zhoumi but he was soon entangled with dark smokes but it wasn't poisonous like Zhoumi's. The smokes were just basically tying him down from moving or using his powers.

 

'Zhoumi!!!

 

'Fa-father..ple-please chang-change your ways..' Zhoumi's eyes were fluttering and he knew that he was close to dying.

'You..can't..hurt..anyone..any-more..'

 

'Zhoumi!! Son!!! Please hold on!!! Please!!! You have to hold on!!!' King Rubius was crying. For the first time in his life he was crying and he felt vulnerable. His son was dying right before his eyes.

'Please Demetor I beg you!!! Kill me instead!!!'

 

'..I..lo..I love you father...' Zhoumi said as his last breath leave him.

 

'Zhoumi??' King Rubius shook Zhoumi's dead body vigoursly.

'ZHOUMI??!!! ZHOUMI WAKE UP!!!' He begged desperately.

'WAKE UP SON!!!' His voice broke and he was choking with his sobs.

 

'SON!!!!!!!!!!!!'

 

--------

 

Ryeowook opened his eyes when he heard people being thrown around him. From his blurry vision, he saw them being pushed to the wall with their feet hanging in the air. They were upside down and they were badly injured  To his shocked. They were the people he knew.

 

'Donghae hyung??! Kyuhyunnie?? Kibum?? Shindong hyung!!'

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't proof read this so I apologize for any grammatical errors or spellings. I will try to post the next chapter by noon. Have fun reading and do leave some comments below!