Chapter 7

The Boy of Flame

'Teukie hyung.' 

 

A man with a big built entered Leeteuk's room as he called out for the other man. His face showing nothing but distress. Leeteuk was standing outside at the balcony, nurturing his plants while enjoying the fresh morning breeze.

 

'Yes Kangin.' Leeteuk answered the man with a smile as he looked into his eyes. However, the moment their eyes met, his smile disappeared completely.

'By the look on your face, I see you bring grave news.' 

 

'As a matter fact I do.' Kangin nodded as he took a step closer towards the later.

'You're not gonna like this one bit hyung.' He added.

 

'Go on.' Leeteuk said simply, ready for the worst.

 

'It's Him.' Kangin blurted out in annoyance. He was trying to make himself calm as he inhaled in a few times.

'What we had feared, I'm afraid, is going to come true.'

 

At this, Leeteuk frowned. He turned around and took a look at his village. The place where he had grew up. Where he had spend most of his time at. The place where everything and everyone was very important to him. His people. His life. It meant the world to him. This cannot be happening now.

 

'We have to act immediately.' Kangin uttered after seeing a quiet Leeteuk.

'They are planning for another war with us.' He continued. He had his fist formed in anger. And if Leeteuk wasn't there, he would have exploded like there was no tomorrow.

'It has not been confirmed yet when, but I've been told by our spy that he is planning on it any time soon.'

 

Their conversation was interupted by a sudden burst from the door. They both turned around in surprised. It was Donghae. And he was looking extremely terrified. Like he had been shocked with the worst horror of his life. They watched in silence as he ran inside and went near them.

 

'Is that true???' Donghae said in a panic.

'They are planning a war against us??' He asked.

'But why??! After so many years why can't they just leave us alone??!' He then cried out loud.

'It just doesn't make any sense!!'

 

'Calm yourself down Hae.' Leeteuk said to the younger man as he held his shoulders.

'It has not been confirmed yet.'

'We must not let our emotions take over us.'

 

'But hyung! What if a war does happen???' Donghae was unsatisfied by Leeteuk's answer.

'It's too risky for our people!'

'You know that hyung! We can't afford another war!'

 

'Then we shall prepare for the worst.' Leeteuk, again, uttered calmly. He looked at both men in front of him simultenously.

'Let them come.' He then continued.

'When they do, we'd be ready.' He finished with a smile.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'But hyung, a war...' Donghae's voice was shaky as he blurted out his worries. Only the two of them was in the room. Kangin had left to prepare some of Leeteuk's order.

'We can't afford it...'

'Not after..you know...' 

 

'I know Hae.' Leeteuk replied the younger man. 

'I'm worried too.'

'But we can't back down to them.'

'We can't back down to people like him.'

 

'Hyung, we have to protect our people...if it really happened...' Donghae could feel shivers ran down his spines as he said these words. It was not that he was afraid of war. In fact, he is powerful enough to battle enemies from all over the globe. However, his people are not. They don't have the power to defend themselves. They don't have the skills to fight in a war. They don't understand the basic survival tactics during war. Therefore, he feared for their safety and life the most.

 

'That's our main priority Hae.' Leeteuk nodded. He then walked towards his bed and sat down.

'You need to call them back.' He then said to younger man.

'We need them here.'

'It's not safe for them out there and we need everybody to be here right now.'

 

Donghae understood exactly what Leeteuk meant. Without a word, he went to the balcony. He lifted both of his hands up as he closed his eyes. When he opened them back, it had turned from dark brown to emerald green. With a wave, spiral winds started to form on his palm, spinning up and down in a beautiful order. He gave out another wave and the winds flew from the balcony and out into the sky. After that, he went back inside.

 

'They should be back soo enough.' He blurted out to Leeteuk.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Shindong was walking side by side inside the enchanted forest. Like what they had planned before, they were going to look for the Sapphire Blue Flower together. As for Ryeowook, he was thrilled of having company inside his home after being alone for so long. It was a totally new experience for him and he was enjoying himself to the fullest without the other two knowing. They went everywhere, from the Pearl Swan Lagoon to the Green Valley, just,  practically everywhere to search for this flower. After they had been walking for an hour and still, no signs of the flower was spotted. They decided to take a break under a large tree near the river. They sat down gently as Ryeowook hand them some water to drink.

 

'Thanks.' Eunhyuk said to him. Without wasting any time he gulped down the water with a speed of light, his thirst taking the better of him.

'Will we ever find it?' He sighed after he had finished attending to his thirst.

 

'We'll find it.' Shindong replied as he leaned back against the tree.

'We just can't give up.' He added.

'It's somewhere here, I'm sure of it.'

 

'Don't you have a picture of this flower?' Ryeowook asked them.

'Maybe I'll recognise it.'

 

'I'm afraid we don't.' Shindong shook his head.

'But I'll know immediately once we find it thou.'

'So that, shouldn't be a problem.'

 

'But how can you tell??' Ryeowook questioned. He found it extremely odd to be able to know a flower immediately just by looking at it. That's just impossible.

'You've never even seen it before.'

 

'Our Shindongie hyung here is very talented with plants.' Eunhyuk interfered proudly taking another gulp of water down his throat.

'He could easily distinguish a plant once he has come in contact with it.' He continued.

'It's his gift.'

 

'Gift?' 

 

'Yeap. Remember when we told you about our people and their abilities?'

 

Ryeowook merely nodded.

 

'It's similar to that.'

 

'I see.' Ryeowook nodded again, satisfied by the other's answer.

 

Suddenly, Eunhyuk stood up. Both Ryeowook and Shindong looked at him with a puzzle.

 

'What's the matter??' Shindong asked the younger man. Eunhyuk was raising one of his hands and he was looking upwards into the sky. His actions confused the other two besides him.

 

'Eunhyuk ?'

 

'It's Hae.' Eunhyuk merely responded as he looked into Shindong's eyes.

'We have to get back. Now.' He added.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologise if in any way this story is getting boring to you.

Anyways, I really appreciate the read.

Do leave a comment! ;)