Chapter 27

The Boy of Flame

Heechul walked through among the many people that was crowding the long street of this place. Each of them were busy with their business and daily routines. Some were opening up their stalls while others were busy arranging their shops and products. There were also those who just stood there, leaning back against a tree and chewing down on an apple. Heechul was wearing a black mask that covered half of his face as he continued walking, heading towards the large palace just above the hill. Once he had reached the front gate of the palace he was met with two guards.

 

'Who are you.' One of the guards asked. His eyes were alert.

 

'I am here to see the king.' Heechul responded simply.

'I have some business I need to attend to with him.'

 

'We can't allow you to enter until we've confirmed of your needs with the king.' The guard told him.

 

'Ouh I don't need you to let me in.' Heechul said with a small sarcastic laugh.

'I just thought that I give you two a little credit and be polite enough to greet you.' He added as he closed his eyes. Immediately after that, his whole body disappeared right before their eyes. The two guards stood there unable to move, bewildered at what had just happened.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

King Rubius sat at the head of the long table. He was having his meal alone as usual. On the table, was dishes of every kind and of every land. It was one of the good things of being a king. He got to have whatever he wants and desires. He carefully cut his meat into small pieces of equal size and setting them in a straight line. After he had finished, he began eating and chewing down on each piece.

 

'I know you're there Heechul.' King Rubius said camly as he continued to enjoy his meal.

 

'I know you do.' Heechul responded as he walked out from behind a small door.

'I was just waiting to be greeted nicely.'

 

'You know you're never getting any.' The king answered as he took a full bite of his food.

 

'Well, it's never wrong to expect one.' Heechul uttered. He walked closer towards the dining table and took a seat near the king.

 

'Won't your brothers be wondering where you are since now is a very crucial time for your village?' The king questioned him after the younger man had sat down.

 

'Even if they do, there's nothing they could do about it.' Heechul folded his arms together as he leaned back against the chair.

'They stopped caring about my wherebouts or asking me about it since I never give a damn to answer them.'

 

'I see them hating on you more than before.' The king said as he looked at the other.

'You're playing with the dark side Heechul..and hate is definitely the price you can never avoid.'

'I guess I could say that you deserves all the hate you're getting.'

 

'I couldn't care less about that.' Heechul spat as he rolled his eyes completely unaffected by the king's words.

'They can hate me all they want..whatever..anyway, let's just get straight to business.'

'I didn't come all the way here to have mushy chit-chats with you.'

 

King Rubius merely snorted as he dipped his cut meat into the dipping sauce placed next to his plate.

 

'Why are you suddenly declaring a war against us?' Heechul face turned completely serious as he looked straight at the latter's face.

'That wasn't part of the plan.' He spat angrily. 'And you dare not to inform this to me.'

'You didn't even bother to mention this 'new' update.'

'How daring of you.'

 

'You know I don't play that kind of game Heechul.' The king's face had also turned serious. His eyes stared into Heechul's piercely.

'We both may have a deal but that that deal can never interfere with my actions and wills.'

'My intentions and ambitions are the same from the very beginning..even if I have to kill everyboday nothing shall ever stand in my way.'

'I will always get what I want.'

'No puny litte deal can ever interfere with that.'

'It's time you learn who's at the upper hand here Heechul.'

 

'YOU. IF YOU DARE TO-' Heechul warned but was quickly cut off.

 

'I don't play the nice game Kim Heechul.' The king spat at him.

'I will stick to our deal but leaving your village alone, that is something I will and shall never do.'

'I intend to make that village mine and mine only.'

 

At this, Heechul stood up and grabbed a hold of the King's neck, shocking the latter for a brief but he immediately recovered.

 

'Listen you creep!' Heechul grunted his teeth as he uttered his words. His eyes showing nothing but detest.

'Putting aside our deal, I swear, I will hunt you down and murder you with my bare hands even if it takes the rest of my life to do it, if you EVER take this whole thing too far.'

'If you EVER crossed the line.'

 

'You know that you'll never win Heechul.' The king responded with an evil.

'You're fighting this whole thing on your own..you're bound to lose.'

 

'Ouh we'll see about that old man!' Heechul blurted out as he tightened his grip on his neck.

'I only agreed to our deal because I had no choice since that was the only solution left.'

'So don't you ever think that you can cross the line and make a fool out of me.' He stared piercingly into the older man's eyes.

'Whatever grudge you have against our village and especially that person has nothing to do with the fact that I'm gonna destroy you with my bare hands if you ever harm my people and the people around me.'

'Don't you EVER, cross the boundary of our deal.' He went closer to his right ear.

'I also...don't play the nice game Rubius...' He whispered threateningly.

'So it's best if you don't mess with me.'

'I'm not the stupid little boy I was years ago.'

 

Heechul then let go of the other's neck and went towards the window. He turned his head slightly looked at him. His eyes cold and filled with anger.

 

'If you're not planning on stopping this war and proceed with it then there is no point with continuing with our deal.'

'You're going to lose Rubius.' He warned.

'And I'm going to make sure you do.'

 

He then jumped off the window and disapperead into thin air. King Rubius sat there with a bewildered look on his face. He then stood up and slammed the table hard as he yelled at top of his lungs. He throwed everything on the table and kicked his chair until it flung to the other the other side of the room.

 

' YOU KIM HEECHUL!!'

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always, comments inspire me! ;)