Chapter 42

The Boy of Flame

Donghae had never felt so much misery in a long time. The last time he was miserable was the during the previous war and he merely remembered a few details here and there. He had fallen to the ground due the sudden explosion caused by mors; dark weapons which originates from one of the most dangerous swamps of the the enchanted forest, Serid Merider. Serid Merier contains plants called Serid that has the capability to cause explosions and it smokes can turn a person crazy with hallucinations. Worst, they can sometimes blind a person depending on the situation. Donghae had no idea how King Rubius could have gotten his hand on the plant and create such a deathly weapon.

Anyway, his fall had made him become more aware of his surroundings. He could see how red crimson bloods just splatter everywhere along with screams of horror that rung through his ears. Swords and weapons flying everywhere and there were people running all over the field and battling the enemy. He could see the frightened look inside his soldiers eyes as they face King Rubius' soldier that possesed dark magical powers. These soldiers were not humans, they're monsters! The way they attack and kill are just merciless and their eyes are filled with nothing but emptiness. Almost as if they are soulless. And to make matters worst they possessed dark powers and their weapons are fuming with black glow it almost seemed evil. What had King Rubius done to them? Donghae knew immediately that things were going bad for them. He quickly stood up as he sees the enemy running towards his men with another set of mors. He closed his eyes and wave his palms forward in a spiraling manner countinously forming a huge wind that blast them many feet backwards. The mors exploded soon after but it killed the same men that threw it. 

 

'Don't lose your heads!' Donghae then yelled at their soldiers.

'We must not be intimidated by such disgusting tactics.'

 

After a few encouragements and another set of wind, Donghae began to look around for Leeteuk. He knew he had to focus on the battle but he was worried for his brother's safety. He ran across the field while avoiding several attacks and knife thrown at him until he found Leeteuk battling with three people near a huge rock. 

 

'Teukie hyung!' Donghae yelled as he blast strong winds towards one of the men that was attacking Leeteuk.

 

'I'm okay don't worry!' Leeteuk assured the younger man as he pulled out his sword and struck the remaining men in front of him at the same time.

'Go help the others!'

 

'OH MY- WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??!!' Donghae nodded but then cried out loud as he saw huge-no-giant creatures coming out from behind the mountain heading towards them.

 

'Crap this is bad.' Kibum appeared from behind Donghae as he said this. His hands trembled a bit and he gulped.

'Those are giants I can't believe he has them as alliance as well this is bad SUNGMIN HYUNG!!' He screamed looking around for the latter.

 

'I got it!' Sungmin who was busy fighting two men yelled back from across the field. He quickly finished them off as he whistled. Soon after, his black-fire dragon appeared. 

 

Sungmin immediately jump on his dragon and they flew towards the giants that was approaching fast.

 

'Alright boy, it's now or never.' Sungmin told his dragon who then opened his mouth and threw out balls of fire towards the giants.

 

Literally everybody on the field could hear the giants screamed in anger at the sudden attack thrown at them. One of the giant, being huge and tall easily jump to reach Sungmin and his dragon's height. He then swung his giant hands at them and open his mouth, spitting our greenish saliva. The effect of the jump was terrible as the ground shook terribly creating in what was like an earthquake.

 

'OH MAN, FLY HIGHER BOY! CAREFUL!' Sungmin quickly told his dragon. He knew better than anyone that it was dangerous if he were to get in touch with those disgusting salivas. They are like acids, they can melt and dissolve things into ashes in just a split of time.

 

'DAMN IT!!!' Sungmin cried out angrily as many more the giants joined in on the attacks against him. He tried his hardest to avoid but it was getting difficult.

'DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!' He was beginning to panic.

 

'SUNGMIN HYUNG BE CAREFUL!!!!!' Donghae who came to help along with Kibum screamed out loud. One giant had jumped so high and Sungmin didn't see it coming. Before he realized it he was thrown so hard he fell off his dragon.

 

'GOD NO SUNGMIN HYUNG!!' Donghae yelled at the top of his lungs as he quickly formed huge winds that managed to capture Sungmin. He heave a sigh of relief as steadily controlled it the wind and he put Sungmin down on the ground far away from the giants.

 

'So what are we going to do now?' Kibum asked worriedly. 

'There's no way our soldiers can take these things down they're to powerful!' 

 

'Cannons.' Donghae replied. 'We need the cannons.'

'Well go and grab them while I'll hold them off with my wind!' Donghae pushed Kibum's shoulder a bit. Kibum was startled but he wasted no time and ran for his errand.

 

Donghae looked in front of him after Kibum had left. There were about five of them, two had gone down thanks to Sungmin and they were coming fast at him. He then turned back and took in the sight before him. The battle was still going on with Leeteuk and King Rubius no where to be seen. His soldiers were dying. There were dead bodies laying everywhere. The enemy were just too strong and too fast. He could feel sweat running down his spine and he gulped and prayed to God that eveything was going to turn out fine.

 

'Whatever the case is I have to protect everyone.'

 

He said. Determined, as he wait for the approaching giants.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'Everyone be careful!' Heechul told the people following him closely behind.

'We don't know if King Rubius' men are or that stupid Wise Man why are we still calling him that?! Are planning on attacking us.'

 

They were heading towards the village now they had found the Saphhire Blue flower they needed to go back and help the others. With him being here and so are Kyuhyun, Siwon and the others, they are not enough power for Leeteuk to win against King Rubius. Knowing the devil man, he knew that this war from different from the previous one. That man had gotten himself on some dark and terrible magic. 

 

'Is Ryeowook okay?' Kyuhyun asked as he looked at the small man who was on Heechul's back.

 

'He'll be fine.' Heechul answered simply although he himself knew that that was a lie. Ever since what happened earlier he knew that something bad was happening inside his brother's body and it worried him like hell.

'Lets stop here for a sec.' Heechul suddenly said as he put Ryeowook down gently against a tree.

 

'Wait what why are we stopping???' Eunhyuk asked, bewildered.

'We don't have time for this! We are at war NOW AT THIS MOMENT!'

 

'Calm down Eunhyuk.' Siwon pat the other.

'Give Heechul hyung a chance to take a break he has been carrying Ryeowook all this while.'

 

'Well Kyuhyun did offer to take turns carrying Ryeowook but he refused and now he needs a break what the-' Eunhyuk immediately stopped his words when he saw the deathly glare Heechul was giving him.

 

'It's better if I carry him.' Heechul finally said after a moment of silence.

'It's safer.' He added.

'Plus I can't carry you all in thin air with my void since they are too many of you so walking is the only way and there's no way Kyuhyun's dragon would allow many passengers aboard so...'

 

'Yeah too bad.' Shindong nodded. He then opened his bag and took out a few pouch bags filled with water and handed out to each of them.

'Have some sip. To replenish our energy.'

 

'Thanks.' All of them said almost simultenously.

 

'Ah that felt good.' Kyuhyun said with a smile on his face.

'Water always tastes good when you're exhausted.'

 

'Come one lets get going.' Heechul uttered as he handed back the pouch bag to Shindong. He turned around to pick Ryeowook up again but was met with something that shocked him.

 

'WHERE'S RYEOWOOK??!' He cried out loud. Panic evident in his voice.

'OH GOD.'

 

'This is ridiculous he was just there!' Siwon yelled out in frustration as they looked around for the smaller.

'Wasn't he injured?? And he haven't even woken up from his faint earlier.'

 

'Guys.' Shindong suddenly said. His feet stopped moving.

 

'What?' Eunhyuk and the others look at the latter.

 

'What is that?' Shindong asked. His voice trembling.

 

Heechul looked at the direction Shindong was pointing and saw many trees falling down forming a huge cleared out track. He looked even further and saw huge flames running forward as more trees fall down. The flames are not just like any other flames. They are red and black all at the same time and they have this terrifying evil aura surrounding them.

 

 

'....Ryeowook...'

 

 

Heechul gasped as he felt himself become short of breath.

 

 

'...oh God, please no.'

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

'Finally, it's time.'

 

'To be reunited again.'

 

 

His laughter could be heard all over the building as he stepped out of the mansion.

 

 

'Come to me, my love.'

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all I would like to apologise to all my readers for being a terrible author and haven't been updating in such a long time.

My life was just hectic but I'm back! I'll update the next chapter soon enough maybe a few hours from now after I've done with work.

Do leave a comment I hope you are still with me! 

 

Love,

Haruhi