Chapter 23

The Boy of Flame

'A DECLARATION OF WAR??!!!'

 

Kangin yelled out loud as he slamped the table hard.

 

'That guy must be out of his mind!!' He continued. His face showing nothing but anger.

'Just because he rules most of the land here doesn't give him the right to declare war any time he wants!'

 

'Hyung, calm down.' Kibum said to the older man before him. He raised his hand and patted his shoulder.

 

'No I can't calm down Kibum!' Kangin cried out in detest.

'This is just so sudden and so..ridiculous!'

'I thought we had at least 60 days!'

 

'For some reason, he seemed desperate to obtain this land.' Kibum blurted out.

'I mean, he has no reason to rush since this land does not bring that much benefit to him.' He then pointed out.

 

'Which is exactly why I can't understand what's on his head!' Kangin, who was still caught up in his anger responded. Just then, Leeteuk walked into the room. 

 

'What's all the commotion?' Leeteuk questioned the two men. Kangin said nothing as he simply handed the latter the thing Kibum had obtained earlier this morning. Leeteuk eyes widened as he frowned.

'Why is it so sudden?' He asked.

 

'I'm not sure.' Kibum answered him.

'But hyung, it made me wonder, why is he in such a rush to get a hold of our village?' He then questioned.

'I mean sure our people are gifted but he also has people practising black magic all over his kingdom.'

 

'I don't get what you mean Kibum.' Kangin uttered, feeling rather confused by the other's words.

 

'Well, first of all, there's no other way for him to enter this village, except by breaking the barrier which has at least 60 days until it is completely broken down.' Kibum began explaining.

'Secondly, there is absolutely no reason for him to rush into war considering the fact that he is slightly disadvantage with the presence of the barrier and our village is the only land he couldn't obtain so it was not like it was a whole country.' He continued.

'Therefore, the only reason valid and logical is either he had found some other ways to enter this village so he doesn't need to waste further time, or..he's just desperate to conquer everything as soon as possible.'

 

'Indeed.' Leeteuk nodded in agreement.

'What Kibum said is true. There couldn't possibly be any other reason for him to declare a war with us so quickly.'

 

'Okay, say it's true...' Kangin blurted out.

'Then, what's next for us..?'

 

'There's no other choice.' Leeteuk replied him looking all serious.

'It's time we talk about this war more seriously.'

'Call in the others.' He then ordered.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'Is this yours?'

 

Ryeowook asked the taller man besides him.

 

'Yeap.' Kyuhyun nodded with a proud smile.

'Isn't she beautiful?'

 

'Magnificent.' Ryeowook simply said. Kyuhyun went near his dragon and began its tail gently.

 

'It's called...' Kyuhyun began but was cut off by Ryeowook immediately after.

 

'The Blue-horn Dragon.' Ryeowook smiled. He was looking deep into the wonderful creature's eyes.

 

'How did you know..??' Kyuhyun asked, amazed.

 

'Living in the forest..does give you a thing or two about the creatures of this world.' Ryeowook answered him.

'Why do you look so surprised?'

 

'Well..not many people know much about dragons. Only riders take full interest in them.' Kyuhyun blurted out at the latter.

'..I guess it's also because we are connected to them ever since we were born so we had no choice but to get to know them you know...'

'AND also because...'

 

'What??' Ryeowook questioned.

 

'Someone who don't even know what pasta is couldn't possibly know about dragons, now could he...??' Kyuhyun teased as he smirked at the other. Ryeowook immediately slap his back in return.

 

'How rude!' He protested as he folded his arms together.

'It just so happen that you don't have pasta in the forest!'

 

'Relax, I was just teasing you.' Kyuhyun chuckled. Amused at how easy it was to tease the smaller man.

'Of course I know that.'

 

'Anyway...' Ryeowook decided to let him off the hook.

'How did you first learn that you were a rider?'

'And how exactly and..when??'

 

'Well, some people knew immediately right after they were born. They claimed that they could hear their dragon's voice calling on to them and the next thing they know, they found an egg just sitting there beside them out of no where.' Kyuhyun began explaining.

'However, they are also others who found out late..like me.' He continued.

'I first found out I was a rider back when I was six years old. I was walking along the river with my brother one day and suddenly I felt like something was calling out to me. I looked around and found an egg just sitting there on the grass. My heart pounded so loud as I neared it and right after I touched it, I couldn't leave it behind..I just couldn't get separated from it. Something inside me was telling me that this egg was really precious and it meant something to me. It was my brother, who told me that I had finally found my egg. He said that he had always knew that I was gonna be a rider just like him.' He finished off with a smile.

 

Ryeowook was amazed by Kyuhyun's story and he was really enjoying his company. It felt good to have someone to talk to and to share many things with. He smiled unknowingly at the other. He was absolutely comfortable with him.

 

'How do you communicate..?' Ryeowook continued to ask. He wanted to know more and he wanted to keep having conversations with Kyuhyun. 

'..with your dragon I mean.'

 

'It's hard to explain...umm..it's like we can understand each other's thoughts..something like that...' Kyuhyun responded.

 

'I see..' Ryeowook was about to ask something else when Sungmin suddenly yelled out loud from behind the gates.

 

'KYUHYUN!'

 

Kyuhyun turned his head around.

 

'What is it hyung??' He asked the older man.

 

'Emergency meeting. Now. Leeteuk's orders.' Sungmin simply answered.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. He then looked back at Ryeowook.

 

'I'm sorry Ryeong-I mean Ryeowook..but I have to go now. Duty calls.' He told him.

 

'Can't I come as well?' Ryeowook asked. Apart of him didn't want to be left alone.

 

'Um..I..I'm not too sure...' Kyuhyun hesitated. So far there hasn't been any word from Leeteuk in regarding Ryeowook's involvement with the matters of the village. He just knew that Ryeowook didn't really have to participate.

 

'Since I'm their brother and also part of this village, doesn't that allow me to be in that meeting as well??' Ryeowook questioned.

'Although I don't have much memories of my past but I would love to know and understand them more and take part in the matters of this village.'

 

Kyuhyun didn't know what to respond or how to. He felt bad to tell Ryeowook that he wasn't allowed to join any meetings because he was still new to the village and plus, Heechul would never agreed to it. He himself, didn't understand why Heechul was acting cold towards Ryeowook. He knew and remembered that out of all three brothers, Heechul is the one who loves Ryeowook the most. Well...loved.

 

'Ya! What's taking you so long?!' Sungmin stood behind him with a frown on his face.

'Come on or Leeteuk will be mad at us for being late.'

 

'Um..' Kyuhyun tried to tell Sungmin about what Ryeowook had said to him so that his brother could help him.

 

'Can I join you guys??' Ryeowook asked Sungmin much to Kyuhyun's relief.

 

'I'm sorry Wookie.' Sungmin uttered apologetically.

'But it's best if you don't join us.'

 

'BUT WHY?' Ryeowook felt unsatisfied for being left out like that.

 

'Because..there are things that you still don't understand and know and it would only make things harder for you.' Sungmin explained to the younger man.

'Besides, it's been so long since you left home, why don't you go take a look around or learn something new?' He then smiled warmly at him.

'Don't complicate yourself with politics Wook, just enjoy your life okay?'

 

Ryeowook said nothing but nodded. His heart was completely unsatisfied by the older's answer but he knew it wasn't his right to argue. He wasn't somebody important nor did he had anything important position in the village. He was just their long lost brother. Nothing more and nothing less.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Each and every one of them was again gathered inside the large meeting room. Leeteuk was standing and looking down at them. He cleared his throat loudly to attract their attention and began explaining everything to them. From the letters obtained by Kibum to his theories of the sudden declaration of war. All of them showed shocked and angered faces, unable to accept the sudden turn of events.

 

'I agree with Kibum's theory.' Kyuhyun said with a nod. Everyone looked at him.

'He must have found another way to enter our village. That's why that 60 days thing is no longer important.'

'The question now is..what has he found..?'

 

Everyone nodded at this. Leeteuk looked around and saw Heechul snorted.

 

'Do you have any idea Heechul?' He questioned him. His brow raising.

 

'Of course I do!' Heechul replied arrogantly. His arms folded neatly under his chest as he leaned back against the chair.

'What else do you think it could be??' At this, they all looked at him.

 

'And what is it that you mean hyung?' Siwon asked the older man.

 

'Well it's that boy of course!' Heechul said out loud. Leeteuk frowned at his answer.

 

'All of you may have forgotten..or you refused to think of the past..but I fully remember and acknowledge it well..' Heechul began, standing.

'He was born with a curse, that boy.' He continued.

'A curse that nearly destroyed everything and everyone in this village.'

 

'Heechul.' Leeteuk warned. However, Heechul wasn't about to back down from his stand.

 

'Ouh stop it will you!' Heechul replied him with a snort.

'Have you all forgotten the fundamental of that curse?' He questioned looking at them simulteneously.

'That's right. It was made from the one and only Sapphire Blue Flower..only, it was mixed with pure evil and black magic...'

'..it created a monster...'

'..and that monster now lies within that boy.' 

'..Which, may I add, make him a monster as well..'

 

'Stop it Heechul!' Leeteuk warned again. He was trying to calm himself down.

'It wasn't Ryeowook's fault for what had happened. He didn't know what he was doing..it was that curse that...'

 

'EXACTLY.' Heechul cut him off.

'He didn't know what he was doing because of that curse! Which is why we must lock him up somewhere far from here so that we can all be safe!'

'AND also, so that ruthless, idiotic King Rubius can't grab a hold of him and make him turn against us!'

'He could destroy this whole village with that monster!' He cried out loud.

'You should have just left him in the forest and not let him run with his dirty feet around this village any further!' He added.

'IT WAS BETTER WITHOUT HIM ANYWAYS BEFORE!'

'WE DON'T NEED THAT LITTLE MONSTER BACK IN OUR LIFE AND-'

 

A loud slap was heard across the room shocking them all. Heechul's cheek went bright red as a furious Donghae stood in front of him.

 

'I don't know who you are..' Donghae said slowly but strongly. His whole body was shaking, boiled with anger.

'But you're not the Heechul hyung I used to know..' His eyes piercing into Heechul's eyes.

'..you're not the brother I used to love...'

'..How could..how could you speak..how could you speak of our Ryeowook like that..how could you..' Tears started to fall from his eyes.

'..He's our brother hyung...he's our baby brother...'

'He's not some monster!' Donghae had never been so angry at the man in front of him. He could tolerate Heechul's coldness towards Ryeowook but this, this was just going too far.

'What happened before was an accident!' He yelled at him.

'It's not his fault and you know that better than anyone!'

'How could you hyung..how could say he's a monster!' Donghae was now a sobbing mess. Caught in between his tears and anger.

'HE'S NOT A MONSTER!!'

'RYEOWOOK IS NOT A MONSTER!!!'

'HE'S NOT!!!!!!!'

 

'..Almost destroying this village..causing the death of our parents...'

'..How could he still be my brother....?' Heechul snapped back. His eyes showing nothing but coldness.

 

Donghae was about to beat Heechul to his senses when he heard loud gasps coming from the others inside the room. He looked at them and saw their eyes looking at the door. He turned his head around immediately and his eyes went completely round.

 

'..Wookie...'

 

Ryeowook had heard everything. Every word that came from Heechul's mouth, he heard every last bit of it. He had tears inside his eyes and his whole body was trembling with shock and horror. He looked at both Leeteuk and Donghae with much agony. He then felt a sudden pain inside his head as a bunch of memories were suddenly all flooded and jumbled up inside his head. The pain grew bigger and bigger until he fell onto his knees. After a while he wasn't able to handle the excessive amount of pressure any longer as everything around him went completely dark.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I'm back with another update! :)

Hee I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, I was not feeling well and didn't have any strength to do so. All I did was sleep lol. Anyways, I know that this is a bit late of me but I AM SO HAPPY THAT OUR LEADER IS BACK!!! YAYYYY!! *Jumps up and down with a cheer*. LOL. I was so happy that I almost cried haha. I am so proud of our leader for finishing his military service excellently *Claps*. AND AND I'm so jealous of the Elfs that got to attend his private fan meeting, I really wanna know what happened and what he said so bad *sigh*. I wish I could have been there.

Okay moving on, another great news for us is definitely their comeback album!!! OMG!! I'm just so excited I want October to come as quickly as possible!! It feels such a longgg time till October aish I need to learn to be more patient lol. I just really miss them having comebacks and was really glad that they are having one soon. I just hope that SM won't disrupt their comeback or I'll be so pissed like seriously. Hahah. Lets go attack the SM building if they mess with Suju's comeback shall we?! Lewls~~

Anyway, sorry for this long A/N, it's not always that I have conversations with my readers right so bear with me..heee~

So, thanks for reading and do drop some comments about this story! :D

I would love to hear more from you guys!

 

Much love,

Haruhi