Chapter 20

The Boy of Flame

'YOU LOST HIM??!!'

 

A man fell onto the floor hard as he was slapped across the face with so much anger and detest. He held onto his cheek as he bowed down before King Rubius, who was boiling with so much fume. He had his eyes staring sharply at him. His face showing nothing but disgust towards the person who had failed to do as he was told.

 

'HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY LOSE HIM?!!!' King Rubius yelled out loud.

'HE IS JUST A BOY!!!'

'A PATHETIC LITTLE LOST BOY!!!!!!!!'

 

'I'm so sorry Sire, but we've searched everywhere but we..we couldn't find him...we..we...' The man apologised, his voice trembling. He was terrified of the king. Everybody was well aware of King Rubius is when he is angry. In fact, it was something that many of them avoided and prayed never to happen to them. The man was so evil he could just murder someone like it was nothing.

'We even..even asked some of the creatures there and..and they told us that he was gone.' He tried to explain. His forehead never leaving the floor.

'They haven't seen him for days.'

'Forgive me.' He begged. 

'..please forgive me...'

',,forgive me Sire..'

'..forgive me...'

 

King Rubius cried at the top of his lungs as he began throwing everything around. His anger rising by the minute. Glasses, mirrors..tables, chairs..every last one of them was shattered and broken. He then looked at the man on the floor. 

 

'Whatever you do.' He began. His eyes cold and his teeth grunted.

'Find HIM.' He continued as he pulled the man's hair.

'FIND HIM AND BRING HIM TO ME.' He ordered loud and clearly.

'Or I will have YOU and YOUR MEN beheaded.' He warned.

'You got that?'

 

'Yes Sire.' The man said in shaky voice. Fear and horror flung inside his eyes.

'I will do that.'

 

'Now get out of my side.' King Ribius uttered as he kicked the man in the stomach. The man got up quickly despite the pain and left the room in complete rush.

 

'DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

 

He yelled out again like there was no tomorrow as he threw another glass onto the floor.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryeowook was wondering around the castle all by himself. Everything was new and fascinating to him so he wanted to have a look and experience a lot of things. Donghae had promised him a tour before but he was busy so Ryeowook had to wait until he was free. However, he got bored so he decided to do the touring himself. Besides, he knew that Donghae was responsible for a lot of things since he is one of the Three Gaia. Therefore he didn't want to bother him that much. Plus, it wasn't like he wasn't used to wandering around alone. That was his life previously after all.

As, Ryeowook was walking through the hallway of the mansion he came across a large frame hung onto the wall. He stopped his track to take a closer look. The frame was showing a picture of one man and one woman who was sitting next to each other. The man had his hands on the woman's tight and he was smilling brightly. In front of them was four boys. Ryeowook recognised them as Donghae, Heechul, Leeteuk and himself from the previous drawing Donghae had shown him. As he began observing the man and the woman in the frame, his eyes began to water. His heart was somehow feeling sad and it was as if he was missing them with all his might. Suddenly, he felt a slight throb inside his head. He quickly raised his hands to massage them. As a second pain hit him, immediately after, flashes of memories began to flow inside his mind. 

 

------------------------

---------------

--------

---

 

'Ryeowook.' A woman called out to him. It was the woman inside the frame.

'It's time for dinner, come inside.'

 

'Mom!! How many times must I tell you??!! His name is Wookie! Don't call him Ryeowook!!' Heechul pouted as he crossed his arms together.

 

'Alright, I'm sorry Chullie.' The woman chuckled.

'Come inside for lunch Wookie!' She then said out loud.

 

'Good.' Heechul responded proudly with a thumbs up.

'But don't call me Chullie! It makes me sound like a baby.' He then protested. The woman just shook her head as she chuckled at his respond.

 

'Mommy look! A buttewfye!' Ryeowook chirped happily. His fingers pointing at the colorful creature on top of a small size flower.

'It's sho pwetty. Can we bwing it inside??'

'Pwetty pweaseeee.'

 

'Wookie, you must let it live out here.' Leeteuk said as he grabbed a hold of his baby brother.

'This is it's home. If you take it inside it will be sad.'

 

'Um..inside bettewww.' Ryeowook argued. Determined to bring his new found friend inside.

 

'Of course inside in better.' Leeteuk replied with a small laugh.

'But better for us, not for the butterfly.'

 

'WHY??' Ryeowook asked while looking straight at Leeteuk with his big round eyes.

 

'Because it will feel trap and not free.' Leeteuk explained.

'And it cannot fly around freely like it doesn when it is outside.'

'Wouldn't that be sad??'

 

'Ouh...' Ryeowook nodded.

'Then Wookie won't bwing it inside. Buttewfye stay outside. Buttewfye happy.'

 

'That's right. That's my Wookie.' Leeteuk kissed his cheek lovingly.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

A family of six was sitting around a medium size table. In front of them was a feast. There was baked macaroni and cheese, roasted black pepper chicken, potato salad and pudding. After residing some prayers, they all began digging happily.

 

'How is it?' Mom asked them with a smile.

 

'It's so good!' Donghae replied, his mouth full.

'Mom's the best cook ever!!'

 

'Table manners Hae.' A man also similar to the one from the frame said.

'Don't talk with your mouth full.'

 

'Sorry dad.' Donghae apologised. His hand never stop feeding his mouth.

 

The man only shook his head. He then looked at his other children and his wife. Ryeowook was eating slowly. Being a two years old, it was still hard for him to chew as fast as an adult so he really took his time chewing. Leeteuk, who was sitting beside him, was busy helping Heechul cut his chicken into small pieces. Heechul was that of age of losing his baby teeth so it was hard for him to take big bites. Meanwhile his wife were busy handing out more food for him and the children. Sometimes she would nag a little when the boys started dropping food here and there making a huge mess. A warm smile formed on his face. His wife and his boys were his life. He couldn't imagine living without them.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryeowook fell onto the floor as his head throbbed heavily at the sudden flash of memories. He didn't realized that he was crying until he touched his cheeks. When the pain was gone, he raised his head and looked at the picture. His body began shaking and his heart was in a lot of pain. They were his parents. Those people in the picture were his mom and dad. He had forgotten about them until recently. It pains him so much to know that. That they were erased from his mind for twelve long years. That he never even remembered the time he had spent with them while he was younger. He missed them so much and there was nothing he wanted more than to hug them and to tell them how much he loves them.

Ryeowook was a crying mess. His tears only stopped when he heard footsteps coming towards him. He turned his head around to see who it was as he quickly wiped his tears away. Kyuhyun was kneeling down next to him. His eyes were soft and he reached his hand into his pocket.

 

'Here.' Kyuhyun said as he handed a small blue napkin at Ryeowook.

'It's okay. Take it.' He then blurted out when he saw the other staring at him confusedly.

 

Ryeowook said nothing as he reached out for the napkin. He then slowly wiped his tears away. He could feel his cheeks flushed at Kyuhyun's present. He was embarassed that the latter had caught him crying. Something he sworn to never be caught dead in it. 

 

'Um..thank you..' Ryeowook blurted out to him after that. Even though he was embarrased, he appreciated the gesture. Somehow, he was glad that Kyuhyun was there. He could use some company.

 

'Your welcome.' Kyuhyun replied with a warm smile.

 

For a while, they just sat there staring at each other awkwardly. No words were coming out of either one of them. Both of them had no idea what to say to the other or how to start a decent conversation with one another.

 

'Um..so..what were you doing here all by yourself..?' Kyuhyun finally decided to beat the bush as he asked the other.

 

'No-nothing..I was just..looking around...' Ryeowook answered, a bit flustered. He didn't want Kyuhyun to know that he was having a trip down to memory lane. It was pathetic and not to mention embarassing.

 

'Nothing and yet..you're here crying...' Kyuhyun teased with a small chuckle.

'Come on you can tell me.' He then said.

 

'Um..it's nothing really...' Ryeowook insisted. He adverted his eyes elsewhere. Kyuhyun frowned at this.

 

'Come on now...' Kyuhyun said as he placed a hand on Ryeowook's shoulder.

'I know you don't remember me..but..we used to be best friends...'

'You'd tell me everything and vice versa.'

 

'Were we??' Ryeowook questioned. Even though his heart was comfortable talking to the other, his mind were telling him otherwise. It was because he couldn't remember anything about him. He did had a few flashes before but he was still confused and weren't able to fully tell what those flashes were.

 

'Yeap.' Kyuhyun nodded. His face suddenly becoming serious.

'I've mis..nothing...' He then turned his head around.

'It's not important.'

 

'WHAT??' Ryeowook demanded. His brow raising. Curiosity taking over him.

 

'It's nothing. Not important anyway.' Kyuhyun answered shaking his head slightly.

 

'Oh, come on. You can tell me.' Ryeowook uttered to him. He was pulling the other's hand slightly.

'I won't tell anyone else.'

'PROMISE.'

 

'No I can't.' Kyuhyun shook his head fully.

'And I won't.' He then added.

 

'Why is that???' Ryeowook questioned, unsatisfied by the other's answer.

 

'Because it wouldn't be fair.' Kyuhyun simply responded, looking straight into Ryeowook's eyes.

'Because you didn't tell me yours so I can't tell you mind.' 

 

'Well that's becaus..' Ryeowook didn't realized it but a huge smile was forming on his face.

'That..that doesn't count!' 

'That..that was..pfft..that was..you know...pfft..'

'..pfft..pfft I was..pfft..you know...'

 

'Eh? Says who?? Everything counts okay!' Kyuhyun uttered in disagreement.

'Even though it was sorta embarassing since you were crying like a five years old.' He then teased again.

 

'NO I WASN'T!' Ryeowook protested with a huge pout.

 

'Ouh believe me..you were...' Kyuhyun pointed out his tongue in a teasing manner.

'If you wanna know mine you gotta tell me yours.'

'That's just how things work.' He finished with a smirk.

 

'But...' Ryeowook tried to avoid the situation.

 

'Not buts!' Kyuhyun cut him off.

'I know from that ugly crying face of yours, you wanted to know my secret SO BAD too!!'

'Well guess what??! I wanna know yours too! So it's only fair that we tell each other.' He suddenly stopped talking. 

'Hm..does that mean..I'm ugly too..?' He added shortly after looking very serious. His fingers rubbing his chin gently in a slow manner.

 

Ryeowook laughed at this somehow. His heart was so amused by this person next to him that he wondered what it was like for them when they were younger.

 

Were they really that close ?

 

He was determined to find out.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, comments inspire me ;)

Double updates today.