Chapter 45

The Boy of Flame

Everything happened so quickly.

 

Suddenly, there were chaos everywhere.

 

The giants had gone to a frantic state. They were running around stomping and crampling everything around them. The ground shook heavily and it was hard to run or stand up without falling. King Rubius's soldiers were on a killing rampage. Killing and slicing the villagers soldiers mercilessly. There were many Helixs that came from above the sky dropping fire balls and producing massive destructions. Every innocent soul and body on the field were running around frantically trying to save every bit of their lives they have in them. Leeteuk was split into two. He didn't which one is more important. Helping his soldiers or go find his brother Ryeowook. He was the leader of this village and he was the eldest brother meaning he holds the most authority. He can't just simply abandon his soldiers just to look for his brother. That would be irresponsible and dangerous because he was the leader, they take orders from him and they plan strategies according to him. On the other hand, that was Ryeowook. His brother Ryeowook. His baby brother that was taken away once again and his life is in danger. He is going to get killed if he didn't go and save him. He looked around his surroundings in distraught. 

The riders were flying on the sky with their dragons, battling the Helixs and the giants in a desperate manner. The knights had called in for every last troop they have, including the ones protecting the villagers at the sanctuary, living only a few behind to help them fight this battle. The elementernists were fighting with the dark powers of the enemy. Blasting charms and spells here and there. So many lives lost in just matter of seconds it was dreadful. Leeteuk was seriously going crazy.

 

 

'Teukie hyung what are you doing?!' Kangin shouted at the older man who froze to his spot ever since The Wise Man disappeared with Ryeowook and this whole chaos started. 

'TEUKIE HYUNG!!' Kangin yelled again and this time, Leeteuk finally snap out of his thoughts and looked at the other.

'Hyung we need to protect the villagers!' Kangin told him.

'And the only way we can protect them is by winning. I know this looks bad hyung but we musn't give up now so get your head on straight!'

 

'I'm just...' Leeteuk was still in a state of shock.

'...ryeowook...' Was all he managed to say.

'...ryeo...'

 

'Don't worry about Ryeowook I'll find him!' Kyuhyun suddenly appeared from above with his dragon.

'I have a feeling I know where exactly they might be.' He added before looking at Leeteuk seriously.

'So Teukie hyung please do not worry and calm yourself down. You are the leader of this village and your people need you right now.'

'I'll find him hyung I promise. I'll bring him back.'

 

'You're right.' Leeteuk finally said after a moment of silence and slapped both of his cheeks.

'I'm sorry. This is not the way a leader should behave. Kangin lets go.' Leeteuk began running to go and help his soldiers but after a few steps he stops and looked at Kyuhyun.

'Please, make sure you bring him back.' He added before turning around again and ran.

 

 

Kyuhyun didn't need to be told twice. Ryeowook is also important to him. There was no way he would ever let Ryeowook die at the hand of a merciless man. He was about to fly off when he heard someone calling out his to name.

 

 

'Kyuhyun please take me with you!' It was Donghae and he was running towards him with Kibum following hin close from behind.

'Please let me help!' 

 

'Donghae hyung careful, you're injured!' Kibum said worriedly, making sure that Donghae didn't fall down while running clumsily towards Kyuhyun.

'Take me with you as well Kyuhyun!' He then requested.

 

 

Kyuhyun debated with himself for a few seconds. He wasn't sure whether it was the best idea to bring so many people along but then he thought of how powerful The Wise Man is and there was absolutely no way he can defeat him on his own.

 

 

'Alright then hop on!'

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Ryeowook was thrown into a large room that had nothing but huge metal-caged door. He tried to get up but couldn't. He was already in so much exhaustion in trying to stay awake and not letting the monster inside of him take over. He held onto his chest and tried to breathe properly. He needed to stop shaking so badly. Ryeowook knew it was impossible for him to stay awake forever but he just has to try and control it for as long as he can. He knew it better than anyone else how dangerous the monster inside his body is. Ever since he had awakened in the enchanted forest he knew immediately that there was something wrong with him. For some unknown reason, he would sometimes feel like his body and thoughts were being controlled by another person. Especially during times when he was emotional. That is the time where he would lost control the most. And after what happened earlier, now that his sealed had been broken, he FELT it. He felt the power within him for the first time and it was so powerful and overwhelming he himself was frightened. He was afraid of what this thing is capable of doing.

 

 

I can't let this thing out no matter what.

 

 

Ryeowook looked up from where he was sitting at looked at the person who threw him hashly inside this caged-like room and became puzzled. He thought that he was going to get tortured or beat up to death by him but the man didn't do anything to him. Instead, he just stood there behind the metal bars and watched him like a hawk as if he was waiting for somethin.

 

 

What was he waiting for ?

 

 

'Well, why aren't you killing me?!' Ryeowook finally said. Somehow, he had gotten control of his self and won over the other soul. His breathing were starting to have a normal pace and he wasn't shaking as badly as before. It was as if this other soul was weakening. But why?

'What are you waiting for for?' Perhaps... He stared his kidnapper who remained and silence and began thinking.

 

After awhile, Ryeowook's eyes widened went he thought of something. It was something that the friterbies had mentioned to him briefly while they were treating his wounds in the enchanted forest.

 

 

Your body is just the vessel capturing and holding in a monstrous soul.

The power in which the soul possesses is not yours. It does not affect your mind or your true-self.

It will only cause disruptions within your consciousness and awareness. 

Meaning to say your body is still yours. You are still who you are. You're just a vessel.

However, nothing can leave the vessel unless the vessel is being ripped open.

Yes, the seal act as the gate, the opener, but it is merely the hand that's being put on to the knob.

In order to really unleash them you need extraordinary powers.

Powers even stronger than the monster itself. Powers that can push open the knob.

That's because even if the vessel is destroyed the soul is still trap somewhere and will not be able to return to its original state no matter what.

 

 

Ryeowook found himself smilling at this.

 

 

'You're weak aren't you?' He uttered bravely. The Wise Man was startled at Ryeowook's unexpected words but kept his silence.

'You can't release this soul or kill me without any certain power can you?'

 

 

'You're such a brave kid I gotta give you that.' The Wise Man said with a smirk.

'It is exactly as you say.' He was so calm that Ryeowook found his bravery detoring.

'But you know that's not gonna stop me don't you?' The Wise Man took out something from his pocket. It looked like powder, only green.

'I will soon have the power to unleash my true half and kill you.' The Wise Man opened the metal bar door and walked towards Ryeowook.

'What was your friend's name again? Shindong was it?' He let out a chuckle and touched Ryeowook's head with his one hand. Ryeowook tried to fight him but he was still weak.

'Well you can say goodbye to him soon since my slave would have to kill him soon so that I can have the power to kill you.' Ryeowook's eyes widened with fears. Is he talking about the-

'Yes. The Sapphire Blue Flower will soon be mine.' The Wise Man laughed evilly and poured the green powder in his other hand at Ryeowook's eyes.

 

 

Ryeowook found himself whoozing and he started feel lightheaded.

 

 

However, Ryeowook you must remember that even though you're only a vessel it is even more dangerous for you because you're only a vessel.

Because you're only a vessel taking away your life would mean nothing. It would be easier than killing a fly.

And such powers do exist to destroy the vessel.

Powers which are that of a shimmering blue light.

 

 

It wasn't long before everything around him turned into total darkness.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Yesung was still rummaging through a few more books inside the sanctuary and Henry was starting to get annoyed. This isn't time to be reading! They need to go and help the others.

 

 

'Excuse me...what...what are we doing...??' Henry finally asked. He was too tired of being ignored and waiting for God-knows-what.

'Excuse me.' He asked again. This time with a louder voice.

 

'Just give me a sec.' Yesung merely responded completely ignoring the latter much to Henry's dismay.

'Found it!' Yesung yelped with a huge grin on his face. He was holding on to an old parchment that he found inside a large old book.

 

'What is that?' Henry asked, curious. His eyes looking at the parchment inside Yesung's hand.

 

'This.' Yesung said. 'Is our savior.'

 

 

Yesung walked towards a small table near the shelves and place the parchment on it.

 

 

'Come here for a sec.' He called out for Henry. Henry nodded and stood beside Yesung shortly after.

 

'This parchment. Is the original copy of The Great Mafuda's will.' Yesung began explaining. 

'It was believed that this piece of information was lost for many years. I can't believe I found it.' He smiled proudly.

 

'How did you know it was in the book and why do you say it is our saviour?' Henry questioned. Clearly he was interested at knowing more about the parchment.

 

'I didn't.' Yesung admitted. 'But I had a feeling that since The Wise Man lied about many things and destored a few of our histories that this parchment was never mising in the first place.'

'And that huge book over there.' He pointed at the large book where he had found the parchment.

'Is the original book on the story of The Great Mafuda, The Old Kingdom of Principia Rerum and his children.' He continued.

'That book had been inside The Wise Man's chambers for years until Heechul hyung found the book and gave the it to Leeteuk hyung just after Ryeowook's return.'

'But of course, Leeteuk hyung never had the chance to read the book since you know the chaos started just after that.'

 

'Okay....' Henry didn't know what to respond. What was he supposed to say anyways? Everything was too much for him comprehend at the moment.

 

'Look here.' Yesung pointed at the writings on the parchment.

 

'The last words of Mafuda from which the prophecy origins were 'the earth must be complete'.' Yesung read out loud for Henry to hear.

'Now lets read the prophecy on this small book which was written based on Mafuda's words.' He continued as he showed Henry a small book on the prophecy.

'When the four elements of water, wind, void and fire united, Earth will be completed as a saviour from the sky will fall and bring eternel peace throughout the land. Any form of enemy shall be defeated and no one shall or can ever get in their way.' Yesung was excited that he wanted to jump.

'The earth must be complete for the enemy to be defeated no matter how many and in what form.' He then summarized the whole prophecy for Henry to understand.

'Don't you get it?? It all makes sense now!'

 

'Um no I don't?' Henry scratched his head. 

'I'm just a baker boy ?'

'Plus I still have no idea why you drag me here and telling me all of this. What does it mean 'the earth must be complete?' Henry asked. He didn't fully understand what Yesung was trying to tell him.

'What should I get?' 

 

 

Yesung said nothing and went towards the large book he left earlier. He took the book with one of his hand before grabbing a book with his other hand. He then walked back towards the table and place both books on the table for Henry to see.

 

 

'Look at this and compare them.' He said as he turned the pages of one the books he brought that tells the story of the children of The Great Mafuda. 

'Compare this book with this parchment and this small book.' He was now turning the pages of the small book that tells everything you need to know about the prophecy.

'On the right is the original book that was hidden by The Wise Man in his chamber that contains the original parchment of the prophecy and on the left is the book telling us all about the prophecy explained in details.'

 

'Okay. So what's the difference?' Henry asked. He was still lost.

 

'The original book tells us the story of Mafuda and children am I right? Just like what we've been told by our parents and their by their parents and so on during bed time stories.' Yesung begin to explain. Henry nodded and listened carefully.

'So..how many children does Mafuda have?' Yesung then asked the smaller man.

'Five.' Henry answered confidently after he check the writings on the book.

'How many children does Mafuda have that we were told during our bed time story?' Yesung continued to ask.

'Five as well.' Henry was puzzled but still answered. 'Of course it's the same as the original book. Even though the book was not found until now we still have plenty of other copies.' He then stated.

 

'Now look at the prophecy in this small book.' Yesung ignored what Henry had said and showed him the writings on the prophecy.

'How many elements does the prophecy mentioned?' He asked.

'Four. The wind, the water, the void and the fire. Just like the number of our gaias now that Ryeowook is back.' Henry responded.

'Are you trying to tell me that we can use the prophecy now to help us win?'

 

'No.' Yesung sighed at Henry's slowness but nevertheless continued to explain.

'Why would the prophecy states only four elements when Mafuda had five children?' Henry's eyes widened at this.

'The prophecy is not wrong since the original parchment of Mafuda's will states that the earth must be complete which means that all the elements must meet and work together. It just has the wrong number of elements.' He hold on to the parchment and waved it in front of Henry's face.

'Why did you think, that the war happened anyways and could not be stopped even though Ryeowook is back and we have all four elements just like the prophecy stated?'

'Why didn't the savior appear when all the elements have gathered??'

 

'...because it should actually be...five elements...?' Henry guessed.

 

'EXACTLY' Yesung grinned excitedly.

'Which means that, we can make the prophecy come true if we found the other person..the fifth element that is...which is...'

'..SOIL....'

 

'But one thing is bothering me thou.' Henry looked at Yesung.

'Why did this happened? How did four became five?'

 

'Well..' Yesung rubbed his face. 'I think it's because when Demeter was defeated the rulers of Principia Rerum,,the Gaia...became four so our ancestors must have been confused and translated Mafuda's words wrongly.' 

'I mean think about it.' He stood up and looked at Henry.

'Mafuda wanted his children to work together and rule the kingdom by working together.'

'He wanted them to see that peace can be absolute for the kingdom only when they work together as five different elements...forming earth...and become powerful...'

'I think that's what his last words meant and it was wrongly translated.'

 

 

'I see. Gosh this is so..this is so..overwhelming but amazing at the same time..' Henry was finally getting excited at the new found information.

'So what now?' He then asked, looking at older the man standing before him.

 

'Do we go and find the fifth element or something? How do we do that? Where do we even begin- do we even have enough time right now???' He grimaced thinking of the war that is going on right now.

 

 

'Ouh don't worry you worry about that.' Yesung grinned widely.

 

 

'I've found him.'

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Kyuhyun, Donghae and Kibum were walking cautiously through the hallways of the mention. They had been attacked earlier when the first arrived by a few of the dark and possessed soldiers but thankfully, Donghae was quick enough to notice and killed them off with his wind.

 

 

'Are you they're here Kyuhyun?' Kibum whispered, not wanting their presence to be known.

'I mean, don't you think that this is too easy?' He questioned.

'Why would he bring Ryeowook here when we can attack and ambush him like what we're doing now?'

 

'Because he can't leave just yet and even if he did, the village is his first target before obtaining his hands on the original lands of the old kingdom so he'd have to come back eventually.' Kyuhyun answered. He was looking at the fatherst door towards the end of the hallway warrily. Something tells him that whatever was behind that door, was not friendly. He knew that they had to be extra careful.

 

'What do you mean he can't leave?' Kibum asked again. Kyuhyun then told them about what the friterbies had told them before. About releasing the soul and Ryeowook as the vessel.

 

'Man.' Kibum gulped. 'I just hope that this would all be over soon.'

 

'Guys. Hide. Quick!' Donghae suddenly uttered from behind and pulled them in between the walls so that they can't be seen. He had heard footsteps coming their way.

 

 

'Man this guy is ing heavy!' One man stated as he and another guy carried a wounded man along the hallway. In front of him, to their shock and horror, was King Rubius.

'Why does he need this fat good for nothing fat guy your highness??'

 

'Shindong hyung...' Kyuhyun almost said out loud but was stopped by Kibum's hand. His heart beating so fast at seeing Shindong held captive. How did this happened??

 

'Be quiet will you.' King Rubius hissed.

'This man possessed the one thing that will help me win this war.' He laughed evilly.

'And I need to handed it over to The Wise Man so that I can finally have what I've wanted for so long.' 

'This whole kingdom shall be mine! MINE!' His laughter was so loud it echoed throughout the entire buliding.

 

 

They could only watch in silent and horror and Shindong's body was pulled towards the door at the of the hallway. Kyuhyun had never felt sick to his stomach. He was upset and angry at seeing the way Shindong was treated. He looked to his side and he could see Donghae and Kibum trembling with so much anger as well.

 

 

'Damn I can't believe they're alliances!' Kibum said once the cost was clear.

'This is bad we have to save him!!' He punched the wall in anger.

 

'I can't believe that idiot believes that The Wise Man would grant his wish and give him the kingdom he doesn't even know who he's playing with!' Donghae cried out. He just couldn't believe how stupid King Rubius can be.

'He'd be dead once The Wise Man got his hands on The Sapphire Blue flower that's for sure.'

 

'Well that's for sure. Serves him right.' Kibum uttered while folding his arms together.

'That's why non-element user should never play with magic in the first place when they know nothing.'

 

'Come on, lets follow them. I think that's where Ryeowook is at as well.' Kyuhyun said to them. Both Kibum and Donghae nodded and they began walking through the same path as King Rubius and his men.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------