Chapter 6

The Boy of Flame

'So, tell me about this village of yours.'

 

Ryeowook blurted out as they were having their dinner. They were sitting outside, just near the front entrance of the cave. Eunhyuk suggested that they have their dinner outside so that they could watch the beautiful stars on the sky while they eat.

At this, Shindong and Eunhyuk looked at each other for a brief second  before turning back to him.

 

'Haven't you've heard of our village before??' Shindong asked the smaller man.

'It's quite famous you know.'

 

Ryeowook didn't know how to respond. It wasn't that he didn't know, it was more like..he was just..a lost person. There were so many things he doesn't understand and he was sure he that had forgotten them in the first place. It wasn't because he didn't know. He just forgot. His heart kept telling him this somehow. Therefore, he shook his head slightly.

 

'Whoah, you're the first person I've met that has absolutely no clue about our village.' Eunhyuk said in between his bite. Ryeowook's cooking was far better than  he had expected. In fact, it was amazingly delicious that he was already onto his third round.

'Well, like Shindong hyung told you before, our village is closed by located just behind that mountain over there.' He then pointed towards a mountain on the East side of the forest.

'It's very beautiful there.' He then continued. 'The river is so clear they shine like diamonds!'

 

Ryeowook nodded in respond. He was already fascinated by this new discovery.

 

'Like I've told you before, we are ruled by the three Gaia under the watchful eye of The Wise Man.' Shindong then interfered their conversation.

 

'What's..The...Wise Man..?' Ryeowook asked. He was finishing the last bit of his meal.

 

'Well, he is the most wise person around of course!' Shindong said proudly.

'He knows practically everything and anything!' 

'If you ever need anything or if you want to know something just go and ask him and he'll give you exactly what you need.'

 

Ryeowook merely nodded in respond but said nothing. He later put down his leave as he finished off his food.

 

'So..what else do you want to know about our village?' Eunhyuk questioned him after a moment of silence.

 

There was definitely something that has been bothering his mind but he just didn't know how to ask them. It was probably because he, himself still hadn't figured out his much of his past or understand his own powers and abilities so it was just weird to suddenly ask them out of the blue. But he was clearly interested in knowing about the people that live in that village.

 

'Umm...I don't know...' He began after a while. 'Um..what..what kind of abilities...similar..um to me..that your people have...?' He finally put his words out even though it was a bit messed up.

 

'Ouh. That.' Shindong replied him with a smile. 'Well. Not everybody in our village has what you have. But there are those who does.'

'I guess you could say, the chosen ones.'

'Some were born with it, while others began experiencing it at a much later age.'

 

'What kind of power they have?' Ryeowook asked with a nod, completely curious at everything they were telling him.

'Is it like mine??'

 

Eunhyuk shook his head as he took another bite of  his chicken. They were so good he just couldn't have enough of them!

 

'Nope. Everybody has different powers and the three Gaia, well, they are the most powerful. That's why they are the ones ruling our village.'

 

'I see.' Ryewook responded. He was actually really thrilled by this new information but he decided to keep things to himself. Besides, he barely know the two to give them his complete trust. He didn't need the risk.

'So..this village of yours..what's it called..?'

 

'Principia Rerum.' Both Shindong and Eunhyuk said proudly.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'So, tell us about you then.' Eunhyuk uttered quietly. All three of them were lying down, ready for bed. Again, with the suggestion of Eunhyuk, they had agreed to sleep outside under the stars. He insisted that nothing is better than to dream under the watchful eye of mother nature.

'Why are you here..all by yourself?' He then continued. He looked to his left and saw Shindong already snoring like there was no tomorrow. He chuckled slightly.

'And how did..I mean your powers..you have them..but it's like you know nothing..why..why is that..?' He was being careful with his words, afraid of offending the other. Who knew what else he was capable of when he's angry. The first time nearly made him die out of fear, he certainly didn't need to find out the next.

 

'Um..it's a bit of a long story...you can just um say..that..I'm currently on a quest..' Ryeowook replied simply. It was a definite lie. He couldn't help it. He wasn't planning on revealing anything to the two in the first place anyway.

 

'So, you're like..running away from home?' Eunhyuk questioned, his brows raising.

 

'Something like that..' Ryeowook nodded. It was totally a lie but he really didn't find it necessary to reveal them his story. How he had been living and all.

 

'So where did you came from??' Eunhyuk questioned again.

 

'Um..it's getting late..we should turn in..' Ryeowook avoided the question. He didn't enjoy this trip down to memory lane. Well, not that he had one but whatever. He just hadn't fully trusted the two yet. Plus, he had been living dependant only upon himself for all these years he couldn't even begin seeking comfort from others that easily.

 

'You're right.' Eunhyuk yawned loudly. 'Good night guys.'

'Well, Ryeowook.' He then said when he remembered the snoring Shindong beside him.

 

'Good night.' Ryeowook responded with a small smile.

'Sweet dreams.' He added.

 

That night, Ryeowook found himself unable to sleep. He was feeling sad by everything that had happened to him. Whoever his family was and wherever they are now, how could they do this to him in the first place?? How could they let him grow up in such a harsh environment like this for so many years and all by himself? He had to depend on himself. Learn how to feed himself, how to hunt, how to heal, how to grow and how to practically do everything!

All. By. Himself.

 

Did they not love him even once??

 

Did he mean so little to them ?

 

Again, tears dropped silently from his eyes.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'It is almost time?' 

 

A man asked his servant as he took a bite of his meal gently. He was sitting alone at the dining table. His fingers busy cutting the meat and arranging them side by side on his plate making them look like tiny blocks. After that, he slowly poured the sauce onto each cut. He made sure that every drop of sauce on every cut was equal to one another. He was always obsessed with the idea of perfection. In his mind, everything has to be perfect.

'Sire...?' The servant asked back, didn't quite understand the meaning behind the sudden question from his lord.

 

'The prophecy I mean..' He uttered calmly. 'How many years has it been?'

 

'Right.' His servant quickly responded, feeling much guilt for his ignorance earlier. 'I apologise your eminence.'

'It has been 12 years exactly.' He bowed his head sightly as he said these words.

 

The man took out another piece of meat and began cutting them like the first time.

 

Slowly, and gently.

Each piece must be accurate and the exact same size as the other.

Slowly, and gently.

 

His weird calmness made shivers run down his servant's spines. It was one of the things that was well known about the King. Practically everyone in the palace new of his..ill nature. He was like the calm weather before a storm. Able to explode at any time and any where. His calmness was definitely the most feared. It was as if he was moking them, telling them he was not angry when in fact, deep down he was as hot as a volcano. He would calmly fired someone if he was annoyed at them. With a wave of goodbye, he would then smile at them gently. He was the devil in silence. So, they'd learn over the years not to be fooled by his calm appeareance.

 

'Ouh my this can't do.' The King blurted out as he took a bite of his meat.

'This is not accepted.' He then continued, taking another bite.

'We must act immediately.'

 

'What are your orders Sire?' The servant asked him politely with another head bow.

 

'Find the boy, and kill him.' He replied with a smile as he continued to enjoy his meal.

 

'Yes Sire.'

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do drop some comments, they made my day ;)

Thanks for reading!