Chapter 33

The Boy of Flame

'You look excited.' Kyuhyun said to the smaller man besides him with a warm smile.

 

'It's my home.' Ryeowook beamed. 'Of course I'm excited!'

 

Kyuhyun merely smiled at the others response before turning his attention back towards the head of the road, where soon they will be reaching the entrance to the enchanted forest. The truth is, deep down, Kyuhyun was scared of going into that forest, thou he would never admit to it since he is after all a knight. But going to a place where nothing is familiar to him and where there lies so many unknown things worries him so much.

 

'Alright then.' Shindong uttered as they come to a stopped in front of the entrance to the enchanted forest. He then looked at the others.

'Before we enter, I want to remind all of you to be extra precautious. This place is not any like our own. We don't know much about it please be extra careful at all times. Stick together and don`t go off wandering around on your own.'

 

They all nodded with much obediance, except for Ryewook who was secretly laughing inside. He lived for years in that place so really, there was nothing to be scared of for him. He'd seen it all.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'Heechul.'

 

The young boy that was reading a book at his study desk look up at hearing his name. A beautiful woman entered the room with a gentle smile on her face. Behind her, came a man who had a pair of beautiful looking hazel eyes and a great posture. The boy put down his book and smiled at the two person standing before him.

 

'Father. Mother.' He said while looking at them simulteneously.

'What brings you here?'

 

The woman suddenly crouched down to her knees, which startled the boy greatly as she grabbed a hold of both of his hands.

 

'Mother..what-' Heechul uttered with a bewildered look on his face.

 

'Sweetheart listen.' His mother cut him off. He softly rubbed her the palm of her hand on his right cheek.

'What I'm about to ask of you cause me great pain.' She uttered quietly.

'But it is the only choice your father and I have left. And as a mother, I wish nothing but for my children to be happy. Always.' Her eyes began to water with every word she spoke.

'I'm so sorry Chullie.' She then embraced him in her arms.

'I'm really sorry.'

 

'Father, mother.' Heechul was taken aback by the sudden thing. He didn't understand what was going on.

'What are you talking about??'

 

'Heechul.' It was his father now. He looked at the old man with a puzzling face.

'Someday, you'll understand why we had to do this.' He then patted Heechul's hair lovingly.

'After today, you'd probably hate us or refuse to acknowledge us as your parents ever again.' His eyes showed nothing but sadness as he said this to the young boy.

'But someday, you'll see. So listen very well...'

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Heechul brushed his thoughts quickly as he fastened his pace towards the gate of the mansion. His steps were suddenly stopped when an old woman appeared in front of him. Beside her was a young man who carried what looked like a cloth. At seeing his presence, they both immediately bowed down to him.

 

'Your eminence.' The old woman said with respect.

 

'Who are you and what are you doing at the mansion??' Heechul questioned. Clearly he wasn't happy with the sudden interuption. He needed to hurry.

'Who gave you permission to enter?'

 

'My lord...' Said the young man.

'We've come with a purpose.' He continued. One could tell he was nervous in front of the fierce-looking man before him but he mananged to not show it much.

 

'I have no time to hear any of your complaints right now as I have something urgent I must attend to,' Heechul merely responded as he walked passed them.

 

'Wait!' The young man almost yelled.

'It's some sort of propechy!'

 

Heechul stopped so abruptly that he almost fell. He turned his back quickly towards them. His eyes widened.

 

'How did you know about that??' He demanded. The secret of the prophecy were only known by the Wise Man, the Gaias, the knights and the people of the mansion. Commoners should never be allowed to know or hear about it.

 

'It's my son...' The woman began explaining.

'He dreams about a sort of prophecy each night. Well, we're not sure if it's really a prophecy or not but we just assumed it as one.' She continued.

'But what can we say is that it somehow holds something important to this village as it keeps on showing my son images of the village being burnt down.'

 

'Tell me more about it.' The was a desperate tone in his voice as he said this to the old woman and her son.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'Why do I feel like this place is somehow gotten bigger?' Eunhyuk blurted out breaking their silence. They were already deep inside the enchanted forest. The sun was fading away and soon it will be night time.

 

'What are you talking about?' Shindong argued, shaking his head.

'It's the same just like when we first came here.'

 

'I'm serious hyung, it's different.' Eunhyuk didn't want to lose. He took out the bottle he packed earlier from inside his bag and gulped down the water.

'I mean, just look around you, it's the same place but it took us hours to get here compared to before.' He then continued.

'It's almost night time now..I don't know..it's just...it's just impossible!'

 

'You've got a point there I'll give you that.' Shindong responded while looking through the map in his hand.

'But I still think it's the same and because we brought more people with us so it's a little bit time consuming than before.'

 

'No.'

 

Ryeowook suddenly uttered quietly from behind making everyone turned to look at him.

 

'It's different.' He continued in a serious tone. His eyes wandering around the surroundings.

 

'If anything it feels more dangerous.'

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone. I know. I've been gone for so long. I'm sorry, I can't begin to explain myself. 

Good news is I'm going to continue with this story. Hope you still love and enjoy it!

Do leave a comment about the story as it will make my day. 

Thank you lovelies!

 

-Kim Haruhi-