Chapter 1

The Boy of Flame

'Who am I ?'

'What...what am I...?'

 

He woke up in the middle of no where. He had no memories. No recall of anything. No company. Nothing. He was all alone. All by himself. He sat up and looked at his surroundings. He could see nothing but a far away distance. Where there lies nothing but high mountains and crystal clear rivers. The sight was truly magnificent. He looked to his right and to his left. There were flowers all around him. And beneath those flowers, at the tip of their root, a blue light can be seen. It was so bright and so beautiful that he couldn't averted his eyes elsewhere. It made everything looked magical. He raised his right hand to touch one of the flowers. Suddenly, a small spark of flame formed on his palm, burning the flower in a speed of light. It went from beauty into nothing but dust. He fell backwards. Shocked. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The sun was shining bright. The ray of light that passes through the leaves of trees made everything looked so wonderful. Ryeowook had always love the sight of it. He loves how mother nature always has its way of showing off its beauty even in the smallest of things.  How the flow of water made the river looked so strong and invincible, how the sound of bees made his heart calm every time and how the rainbow after every drop of rain made everything looked spectacular. Nature was his home. His most favorite place on earth. And he couldn't even imagine a life without it.

Ryeowook skipped happily along the trees as he hummed a few tunes. He had always been fond of music. He enjoys singing and humming random tunes as he starts his day and also before he went to sleep at night. He never figured out why but he had always love it. Music was his sense of peace and it gives him calm. Plus, thou he had no memory of his past, music kept him alive. Whenever he felt lonely or lost in his own little world he would sing. He realized, that as long as he has music by his side, he'd be fine with the way things are.

However, there are times when he wondered about his purpose of living. He was all alone in this world. He knew nothing of the past and he remembered so little about his childhood. The only thing he was sure of was his name. Kim Ryeowook. And that was it. Other than that, everything else was a big mystery to him.

Ryeowook started of his day by getting himself clean at his usual spot, a nearby river close to where he currently lives. After that he would go around the forest in search of food. Then he would clean his home, which is a small cave at the foot the mountain. He would remove dead leaves and arrange everything together. He is quite the clean freak. He hates seeing messy things.  He can't stand living in a dirty place so he would always make sure that everything is spotless. And as for the rest of the day, he would fill it by playing with the creatures and animals he had made friends with or sing and making up new tunes or explore the forest. Going as far as he can and seeing new things. Sometimes it does gets a little boring as he kept repeating the same thing every single day. There was nothing else for him to do and he would feel angry at the world.

 

Why was he left all alone in this empty world ?

 

It was just not fair.

 

Ryeowook let out a heaved of sigh as he chewed on a banana. He was sitting under a tree looking at the sky. It was another average day for him and he was getting frustrated of the same cycle. He wished for nothing more than for things to change for him. He wanted to know his purpose of living. Of being alive. He sighed again and chewed on the last bit of his banana. He then held the banana skin on his palm. He closed his eyes as the banana skin began to burn and dissipated into ashes. It was one of the things he found out that he could do by accident. It all started when he first woke up in this place. He wanted touch a flower but he ended up burning it. As a result, he now know of his ability but he still wasn't sure what it actually is. All he knew was that he could make fire from his palm. Other than that he could also wish for a fire to start. All he had to do was to think about it and it will happen immediately after. The first few moments of his discovery he had a bit of trouble controlling his gift. He was so incontrol that he ended up burning trees and flowers. Luckily he was able to stop them before it got worst. And due to that incident, he started practising and learn new tricks on how to control his abilities. It was hard because he had to self-teach but after some time he was getting a hang of it. 

As he watched the banana skin dissipated, he began to thought of his purpose of being alive. It had always bothered him but as he grew older, it began messing with his mind at a constant pace.

 

Why is he even alive?

Why can't he remember anything? 

What does this ability means?

Who is he?

WHAT is he?

 

He wanted nothing than to remember his past. To know everything. To understand everything.

 

He sighed for the gazillion time that day.

 

He closed his eyes as a drop of tears fell down his cheek.

 

He was all alone in this world.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments inspire me so do leave them! ;)