Chapter 28

The Boy of Flame

'How have you been?'

 

Kangin greeted the person in front of him with a bow followed by many others. He then led the said person to the head chair, the one Leeteuk always sit at.

 

'So, how is the preparation for eveything?' The Wise Man asked to no one in specific.

 

'Everything is going smoothly so far.' Leeteuk replied him. He was seated on the left side of the table.

'Yesung's troop has been coming up with some strategies to tighten the boarders for our village and Siwon's troop had been prepararing for combat strategies.'

 

'What about Hangeng's troop?' The Wise Man said with a nod.

 

'We've been making and design weapons and currently in the process of producing new ones. Better ones.' Hangeng replied. His eyes showed pride at his every words.

 

'Good.' The Wise Man uttered.

'It is important that we take every prospect seriously. We cannot afford to make any mistakes.'

 

'The men has been training really hard for so many weeks.' Leeteuk looked at the old man and told him.

'There has not been a day were the lose their focus. They have been putting in a lot of effort for this war.'

 

'I have a suggestion.' Donghae suddenly said making all heads turned to him.

'Why don't we make peace with them?' He then asked.

'Is it really necessary to go on with this war??'

'I mean we could make a peace agreement with them. That way we can avoid any wars from happening and save tons of lives.'

 

'We've already tried that before Donghae.' The Wise Man responded with a small shook.

'Rubius is not a man of peace. Coming to an agreement with him is nearly impossible.'

 

'But that what years ago.' Donghae argued.

'Maybe he's changed his ways.'

 

'If he did then we wouldn't even have to deal with a war in the first place Hae.' Eunhyuk countered with a shrug, trying hard not to somehow offend his friend.

'Like what The Wise Man said, he's not a man of peace.'

 

'What about the prophecy then??' Donghae spat enthusiastically.

'If we use that..then we can totally win right..reduce loss lives..save countle-'

 

'NO.' The Wise Man immediately cut him off.

'We are never going to speak about that prophecy ever again.' He added firmly.

 

'But WHY??' Donghae was unable to comprehend with such demand. He thought that it was ridiculous.

 

'Hae, manners.' Leeteuk reminded the younger man as he stared at him.

 

'It's alright Leeteuk.' The Wise man uttered calmly. He then looked at Donghae straightly.

'That prophecy..was created many years ago.' He began.

'..by people who believes in miracles and the wonders of this world...' He continued.

'..that prophecy is just the hopes and dreams of many people..'

'It is nothing but a myth.'

 

'But what if it is not a myth??' Donghae was still unsatisfied. He knew very well about the origin of the prophecy. It couldn't just be some myth.

'I mean..what if it's not...?' He questioned looking at them simultenously.

'Then we'll have a huge advantage against King Rubius. Besides, Ryeowook is back.'

'He's back so that's the prove that the prophecy is real and it's going to happen.'

 

'Enough.' The Wise Man warned. His eyes showing nothing but seriousness.

'ENOUGH.' He said again.

'That prophecy is not real.' He continued.

'To win something, you have to do it with your own effort. Not because of some miracle that is not certain.'

'This is the reality. And reality doesn't work that way' 

 

At this, everyone went quiet. No one dared to speak against The Wise Man. He was the most respected man of the whole village. Everybody trusted him and it has been proven that his words are always true. His knowledges were beyond anything they could ever learn and understand. He was always right and they were sure that he will always be. Slowly, they all nodded.

 

'Good.' The Wise Man uttered with a smile.

'Now, let's proceed.'

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryeowook was wandering around the mansion on his own. He finally decided to leave his room and was roaming around aimlessly around the area. He was deep in his thoughts. Everything was moving so fast for him that he could hardly breathe. From being the boy who was dumped in the midddle of no where, forced to survived on his own, dealt with the fierce creatures around him to being someone who was actually the supposedly 'dead' brother of the three leaders of this village. Not only that, he had also recently regained his memories. He thought that he would be thrilled to finally remembering his pasts, but he wasn't. It was even more torturing than not knowing anything. He found out that his parents were dead and he was the cause of it. The thought was just painful his heart hurt so much every time he remembers. However, the most suffocating part was that even though he remembered, he didn't really remembers. Sure he remembered his childhood and everything but he didn't remember the important parts. He didn't remember the day his parents died nor the day of his disappearance. He didn't remember his last moments with Heechul during the chaos. He didn't even remember his last memories before eveything went blank. Before he forgot everything. And these suffocates him the most. It just wasn't fair. What was the point of remembering but not understanding anything? Not figuring out the whole story?

 

What was the point ?

 

He sighed as he continued walking aimlessly through the corridors. Ryeowook reached the end of the corridor and noticed that he was in front of Leeteuk's door. Without thinking much he turned the knob and walked inside the room. The room was not much different from his except that it was whiter that his. Practically everything was white it stunned him quite a bit. The bed sheet, the curtains, the side table..everything was white. His eldest brother must have some sort of obsession with white things. He never knew about this before. Well, probably because they were still young back then and didn't really have much preference to things. They would just go with the flow and wear whatever their parents give them.

Ryeowook continued looking around the room and went he finally got bored he went outside. He then entered the next room which is a mini library. Donghae had told him about it before. The mini library was mostly used by Leeteuk. The others weren't so much into reading and Donghae told him that Leeteuk allowed him to use the library whenever he wanted. Up until this point, it was the first time he had bothered to enter the said space. It was not that he hated the idea, it was just that he didn't  really have the opportunity to learn how to read considering his pasts circumtances. Donghae must have forgotten that part when he told him about this room but Ryeowook wasn't going to blame the older man. He understood completely.

As he began looking through the books on the shelves on particular book caught his attention. He raised his hand up and pulled the book out. Just as he did this, the cupboard began moving, startling him. He immediately retreat backwards. Ryeowook watched in shock as the cupboard moved and then abruptly stopped, revealing a passageway. He moved forward slowly and stucked his head in to take a better look at the passageway. Curiosity got the better of him as he entered the passageway quietly.

It was one of the most long journey he had ever had. It was probably because he was feeling nervous and a little bit scared at his discovery. Who knew what could be laying at the end of this passageway. He went down many stairs and his journey finally ended when he found a door. Gathering up his courage he pushed opened the door and went inside. His eyes immediately roamed the room as he found it awfully creepy. It was dim and it has roses everywhere that made it looked like some sort of worshipping place. At the end of the room was a large bed and a wooden chair. Ryeowook wondered who lived here and knowing the fact that it was just under their mansion, made shivers ran down his spine. Suddenly, his eyes caught something on a table in the middle of the room. It was a large book and it had leaves around it. Ryeowook went closer and opened the book slowly. His eyes immediately went wide as he saw pictures of his whole family. There were a lot of them and as he turned each page, he realized that it was as if their whole lives was recorded in this book. But what caught his attention the most was that in every single picture, his face was marked with an 'X'. He continued to turned the pages when he saw something that shocked him so much that he almost fell down. He was having a hard time comprehensing everything when he heard footsteps coming closer. Immediately, he panic. He looked around frantically for somewhere to escape or hide but come to no vain. He could feel his heart pounding loudly as the footsteps neared the room. As he was about to make a ran for it a hand caught him which scared him even more and he was unable to scream as another hand closed his mouth. Ryeowook didn't know what happened but it felt like he was being quished into the air and everything around him went dark.

When he opened his eyes he realized that he was back in his room. This confused him so much that he stood up quickly in a huge and his eyes began wandering everywhere trying to understand what had happened. It was not until he saw someone sitting on the chair near the window with his leg across the other that he stopped freaking out. More likely, he was even more shocked that he ended up speechless and unable to move. He said nothing as he continued to look at the person in front of him.

 

'Stop freaking out will you brat.' Heechul merely said as he looked at the panic man. 

 

'Um..' Ryeowook didn't know what to say. In fact, he never imagined that Heechul out of a lot of people would be the one talking to him right now.

 

'What? Do I look like a ghost or something?' Heechul asked annoyed. He looked at Ryeowook coldy.

'GOD snap out of it would ya!'

 

'..um..what..how...what exactly happened...?' Ryeowook finally blurted out.

 

'What happened??' Heechul uttered in disbelief.

'I saved your useless life that's what happened!'

 

'You saved me..?' Ryeowook questioned ignoring the fact at how rude Heechul was being.

'I didn't recall needing any saving.' He then added.

'Besides, why would you..out of people save me..?'

 

Heechul scoffed at this.

 

'Don't get full of yourself you brat.' Heechul said coldly to the younger man. He then sat up straight and looked into Ryeowook's eyes.

'Let me make this clear for you.' He blurted out.

'I don't like you.' He stated loud and clearly which stabbed Ryeowook in the heart a little.

'And I will never like you. In fact, your existence annoys me.' He continued.

'But since I don't want to see anyone getting into trouble here as that would only cause so much hassle since I'm one of the leaders so I have to take some responsibility, I had to saved you from that place.'

'Let's make this clear brat. Don't you ever go into that room or that place ever again.'

'That place is prohibited from people like you GOT THAT?'

 

'Why?' It was a stupid question to ask and Ryeowook knew that. It would only tick Heechul further but he couldn't help but to.

 

'You're new here.' Heechul spat with much annoyance.

'And you will NEVER belong here.' He continued.

'So you have no right to ask such question.' He then stood up and grabbed Ryeowook's neck.

'If I ever find you in that room again, I'll kill you myself. YOU GOT THAT?!'

'You useless piece of !'

 

He then let the startled man go and stormed off.

 

Ryeowook fell onto his knees as he felt his cheeks getting wet.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camp was awesome! But I got sick again after that since I wasn't fully well when I went camping but it was worth it!

Anyways, leave a comment!