Chapter 35

The Boy of Flame

'Do you know why they're called Doves Stars?'

 

He looked at the smaller boy beside him with warm eyes.

 

'Um...because they look like one...? But they look just the same as all the other stars...just that they're closer to each other...' The smaller boy beamed confusedly, his round bright eyes staring deeply at his older brother.

 

Heechul giggled softly, amused at his little brother's cuteness.

 

'Doves are the symbols of friendship, a promise; that no matter what happens two friends would always remember each other.' He then explained to him. Ryeowook nodded vigorously, showing much interest in this new found information.

'Because they are closer to one another...' Heechul continued. 'They are given the name Doves Stars or in other words The Star of Friendship.'

 

'Whoah. That is so cool!!' Ryeowook said excitedly. 'I wish I can have them and keep them in my room!'

'That way I can always look at them hehe.' He looked at his older brother cutely. His cheeks were so round they looked like dumplings much to Heechul's delight.

 

Heechul looked at the small boy lovingly. His smile was wide and he was happy seeing his baby brother, the youngest in the family, so excited and happy.

 

'You can.' He then say which caught Ryeowook's attention immediately. 'I can?' He asked curiously.

 

'Yeap.' Heechul nodded. 'Because my dear Wookie, I want to leave you behind with a promise.' He uttered while looking at the stars above the beautiful night sky.

'I know that they're called the Star of Friendship but just between the two of us, I want to change their names to the Star of Siblings; specifically, the Star of Heewook...Heechul and Ryeowook...' He then laughed at his own words as they sounded so cheesy. It was as if they were lovers or something. Ryeowook was a bit confused since he was still too young to understand things easily but nevertherless he said nothing and waited for his brother to continue.

'Wookie, what I meant is that no matter what happens, you will always be in my heart and I would always love you. We are brothers by blood and by heart.'

 

'Always.'

 

He looked at Ryeowook and caressed his cheeks gently.

 

'And so, these stars above us, would be the symbol of my promise to you.'

 

'And Ryeowook, I want you to hold onto to these words forever.'

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryeowook opened his eyes gently. For a few moments, he just stared into nothingness until he looked to both his left an right side and saw the others sleeping deeply. That's right. They had built a camp fire and was resting for the day. He tried going back to sleep but after a few toss and turns he gave up and sat up. He then leaned back against the tree behind him and stared at the dark night sky above. For a while, he was lost in his thoughts until his eyes caught a familiar sight. He stared at them deeply, trying to comprehend things. Even though he had gotten his memories back there were still a lot of things he couldn't remember. Like what happened during the death of his parents, how did he managed to ki- anyways, there were still a lot of missing pieces that he needed to find. As he continued to look at those stars above him, he couldn't help but feel warm at their sight. He wondered why they looked so familiar. He sighed as he failed to remember anything.

 

Heechul were running with all of his might. He wanted to use his powers and let the empty space in the air take him but it was hard because they were many eyes watching him. Especially when he is up above the sky because they've finally figured out his weakness. That's right. Thou his power is void which means he can travel anywhere through vacuums he needed to locate the specific space that are empty above the sky and this would usually takes a few minutes. This would make him vulnarable as the enemies would be able to catch him during that time. Especially when they know what he was about to do. That was the reason why he had to use his two feet to get to the Enchanted Forest which was something he would have like to avoid since he was running out of time.

 

'What scared me the most of the image of someone dying.'

 

This thought rang into his mind continously as he remembered the words that was uttered by Henry, the boy he met earlier with his mother. He quickened his pace as he prayed with all his might that he was not too late.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Donghae and Leeteuk walked carefully along the long corridor of the area underneath the library. Donghae had decided that it was time that they started to figure out things. Things that were kept hidden from them. Donghae had never told Leeteuk before but he had always been doubtful of The Wise Man. It was not like he thought that the old man was evil or something but he had always feel that the man has been hiding many things from them. It was not fair since even though he is like their advisor, father of the village, they were the rulers. They deserve to know everything. Everything. And true enough, his suspicions grew wider when his brother told him about what had happened between him and their other brother, Heechul.

 

Something was just not right.

 

Leeteuk opened the door as quietly as he can, scanning the room in case there were somebody present. Donghae followed behind him just as quiet. They looked around for a few moments before staring back awkwardly at each other.

 

'So, what are we supposed to find here again?' Leeteuk asked the younger man beside him.

 

'Anything.' Donghae told him.

'Anything that can help us get to the bottom of things would be great.' He stared seriously at his brother's eyes.

'I mean, don't you think it's weird that Heechul hyung suddenly got mad that you let Wookie went to the Enchanted Forest?' He uttered, folding his arms under his chest.

'He was the one that wanted to get rid of Ryeowook the moment he stepped his foot into this mansion.'

'So why would he get mad? No. Furious?'

'Don't you think that's weird hyung?' At these, Leeteuk nodded.

 

'That has been on my mind until now.' He then said to the younger.

'I feel like such a failure not knowing things when I am the eldest.' He rubbed his face with both of his hands in frustrations.

'God I'm just so messed up right now.' He admitted. Donghae went near the older man and patted his back gently.

 

'I feel just the same as you.' He then uttered. 'I'm also of one the brothers and yet, I know nothing.'

'Let's figure this out together okay?' Leeteuk nodded with appreciation at his brother's words, hugging him gently.

 

'Thanks Hae.'

 

'You shouldn't be here.' Their moment what cut abruptly when a sudden voice interupted them.

 

'Zhou..Zhoumi....?' Leeteuk was taken aback at seeing the man before him. What was the son of King Rubius doing here?? How did he get here??

 

'What the heck are you doing here??' Donghae questioned, his brows furrowed angrily.

 

'Whoah chill.' Zhoumi merely responded. 'I'm just here fulfilling the request of my friend.' He added.

 

'By friend...do you mean...Heechul...?' Leeteuk asked, his eyes were round with confused and curiosity.

 

'It's best that we get out of here first before the old man comes.' Zhoumi merely said walking towards the door.

'Well, aren't you coming?' He looked back and asked them. Both Donghae and Leeteuk were frozen to their spot as they were unable to comprehend what was going on.

 

'Don't you want some answers?' Zhoumi added, understanding their reactions.

 

At these words, Donghae and Leeteuk abruptly nodded and followed the man closely, shutting the door behind.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments inspires me to write ;)