Chapter 4

The Boy of Flame

'Teukie hyung.' 

 

A young man called out from behind a door. He knocked gently before entering. The room was huge and had an antic feel to it. The floor was made of golden wood taken from the forest located at the edge of the world. The chandeliar was made out of pure diamonds and the bed had a spiral head to it, decorated beautifully with wild flowers and tiny crystals. Inside, a man stand proudly near the balcony. Beside him, was beautiful flowers of different kinds, arranged neatly together. He was nurturing them with much care. Cleaning the soils and taking a sniff at each and every one of them. He then held out his hand and droplets of water began to fall  from his palm and landed on each flower. 

 

'Yes, Donghae.' He responded to the later without turning around. Too busy with his flowers.

'Is something wrong?' He continued.

 

'Hyung I'm worried.' The man called Donghae then said. He took a step inside the room and went closer to the older man.

'It has been two days and Shindong hyung and Eunhyuk are still not back.'

'What if something bad happens to them?'

 

'Don't worry Hae.' Leeteuk replied calmly. 'I'm sure they're just fine.'

'Besides, Shindong is there so they should be alright.'

'I've never met anyone else who know the forest better than Shindong.' He then gave Donghae a smile.

 

'I know that Shindong hyung is great when it comes to the outside world but it's not him whom I'm worried about.' Donghae blurted out. He was looking at the flowers Leeteuk was nurturing with amazement. They were truly wonderful.

'It's that guy! He's like the most clumsiest person around hyung.'

 

At this, Leeteuk gave out a small chuckle.

 

'That's why I sent Shindong hyung along with him Hae.'

'No one can control him better than Shindong. Well, except maybe you.'

'He's your best friend after all.'

 

Donghae heaved out a long sigh.

 

'I just hope they'd be just fine.' He then said to Leeteuk.

 

'I'm sure they will.' Leeteuk placed his hand on the younger man's shoulder and smiled.

'They'll be back soon enough.'

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was getting dark and it wouldn't take long until the sun would set. Ryeowook led both Shindong and Eunhyuk through the forest. He was planning to bring them to his cave since it would be night time soon and plus, Ryeowook was sure they needed the rest. It had been a long day and travelling through a forest was not easy. Especially when you're not familiar with its surroundings. By the time they've reached the cave, Eunhyuk was already painting like the was no tomorrow and he immediately sat down on the ground.

 

'I'm so tired!' He complained as he leaned against the wall of the cave.

'I'm never going inside a forest ever again when we get back home.' He continued.

'NEVER!'

 

'We'd better find some wood to start a fire.' Shindong ignored the later as he looked around for something that can be used to create a fire.

'It'll be dark soon.'

 

Ryeowook was puzzled by his words but said nothing. Instead, he went over to right side of the cave where he had made a small fire place out of large rocks and woods. Again, with a thought, a burst of fire began to form and immediately lit up the whole cave.

 

'Ouh. Right.' Shindong chuckled.

'I forgot you could do that.'

 

Ryeowook merely smiled. He suddenly felt awkward by the whole situation. It was his first time having guests inside his home. The other creatures, well, they were not really guests as they were also living inside the forest. Plus, they didn't have to come to his home since he would always be one to visit them.

 

'Um..so..are you guys hungry..?' Ryeowook asked them. It was almost time for dinner anyways and he didn't know what else to ask them.

 

'STARVING!' Eunhyuk replied simply. 'Do you have anything to eat?' He then asked.

 

Shindong quickly smacked the back of his head.

 

'OUCH! Hyung! What was that for?!!' Eunhyuk demanded as he rubbed the back of his poor head that was suddenly hit by the older man.

 

'Where are your manners?' Shindong replied him.

'This is his home. Be polite.'

 

'It's okay.' Ryeowook then said. 'I'm sure you guys are hungry.'

'I'll go get some food.'

'Will the two of you be alright on your own?'

 

'It's okay. You don't have to find food for us.' Shindong quickly interfered.

'I mean it was already a hassle for you having us here.'

 

'It's no big deal.' Ryeowook uttered with a smile. 'Don't worry about it.'

'I'll be back as soon as possible.' He then continued as he walked towards the entrance of the cave. However, his track stopped as he suddenly thought of something. He turned around and looked at his two guests.

'Aren't you surprised?' He questioned them.

 

Both Eunhyuk and Shindong stared at him silently, unable to understand the meaning of his sudden question.

 

'What do you mean?' Shindong asked the smaller man.

 

'Well...' Ryeowook didn't quite know how to put it into words.

'..aren't you..surprised of what I'm capable of doing??' 

'..the fire I mean...'

 

'Ouh. THAT.' Shindong chuckled.

'Why should we?'

'It's not like it was a rare thing I mean, we clearly got shocked and scared when you got angry but it wasn't something out of the ordinary. We've seen something similar lots of time before.'

 

This immediately caught Ryeowook's attention.

 

There were others who could do what he can ?

 

'What do you mean by that?' He asked him.

 

'Hm?' 

'Well. How to put this..?' Shindong tried to explain to the confused- looking boy in front of him.

'There are a few people that can do something similar to what you did in our village.'

 

Ryeowook's eyes widened completely.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment as it inspires me! ;)

Thanks for reading!