Chapter 3

The Boy of Flame

It happened so quickly that they were at lost for words. They couldn't even budge.

 

'STOP!!!!!!!'

 

Shindong yelled at the boy before him. He had to make him stop his action or else it would be over for him and Eunhyuk.

 

'PLEASE!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!!!' He continued at the top of his lungs as he watched the flames becoming larger and larger at every second.

'WE'RE NOT HERE TO LOOK FOR ANY TROUBLE!!!'

'WHATEVER OR HOWEVER WE OFFEND YOU WE APOLOGISE!!!'

'SO JUST PLEASE STOP!!!!' 

 

He was now on his knees as he desperately beg for this boy to stop. Eunhyuk was already a coughing fit besides him. This was bad. Fire was not something they are used to and there was nothing he could do to stop it. He wasn't capable of stopping a flame from bursting.

 

'I thought that you love this place! I thought that this was your precious kingdom!' Shindong continued to plead.

'So why are you ruining itt??!!' 

'LOOK! JUST LOOK AROUND! YOU ARE COMPLETELY RUINING IT!!!' He pointed towards all the burned trees and flowers in an attempt to make this boy understand.

'Can't you see that??!!!'

 

At this, Ryeowook finally stopped his action. But his face was still showing nothing but anger. Shindong sighed with relief.

 

'Tell me. If you are not here to look for trouble..' Ryeowook began. 'Then what is your purpose for trespassing?' He made sure he said the word 'trespassing' out loud to show who was at the upper hand.

'I heard you.' He continued.

'You were going to capture one of the creatures here.' His eyes piercing them once again as he uttered these words.

 

'It..it wasn't like that...' Eunhyuk tried to explained in between his coughs.

'..we were just..thrilled...'

'...Friterbie is a rare and mystical creature...'

'..capable of performing healing charms and many other magical charms...'

'..they can bring many goodness....'

 

Ryeowook had come to know of the Friterbies powers with his years of living amongst them but he never really understood the true meaning of it. What their capabilities are. However, there were times when they helped him heal when he was sick by giving him something to drink. He wasn't sure what it was but it made him better. So this, definitely caught his attention.

 

'Why do you need them then?' He asked, simply. Out of curiosity.

 

'We came from a place not too far from here...' Shindong began his story.

'...where the sun shines the brightest and the river flow is that of crystal clear they look like diamonds...'

'Our Kingdom used to be larger...but due to the past wars we are now only left with a small village...' His face showing anger as he remembered the past. However, he quickly changed it.

'We are ruled by the three Gaia under the watch of someone known as 'The Wise Man'.'

 

'I see...' Ryeowook was already excited at hearing this story but he made sure not to show them. He still couldn't trust them so it was not time to let his guard down just yet. However, it really made him happy to be talking to another living soul like him after being left alone in this place for so long. He never realized he had missed talking to another human being until he met the two. Plus, what caught his attention the most was this village Shindong mentioned being close by. He had no idea there was such a place.

'My question remains the same.' He then uttered. 'Why do you need them?'

 

'Actually..it wasn't the Fritebie that we wanted. That was just a coincidence.' Shindong replied him. 

'We were actually looking for the Sapphire Blue Flower.'

 

'The Sapphire Blue Flower?' Ryeowook questioned. His brows raising.

 

'Yes. The Sapphire Blue Flower.' Shindong nodded.

'It is a rare flower that can only be found here, in the enchanted forest.'

 

Ryeowook had heard of the flower before. It was when he was young and he had heard the Fritebies talking about it amongst themselves. But at that time, he was too young to care or be bothered so he never really asked them about it.

 

'What do you need it for?' He then proceeded to ask.

 

'You see, that flower, has healing powers.' Shindong explained.

'It is said to be that it can heal anything and everything.' He continued as he looked into Ryeowook's beautiful eyes. It was normal again. The crimson red had disappeared.

'And that is exactly why we need it.' 

'There is something that we have to heal immediately.'

 

'You know what my question would be next.' Ryeowook blurted out as he folded his arms together.

 

'Indeed.' Shindong agreed.

'But that part, is confidential. We can't reveal it to just anyone.'

 

Ryeowook was about to protest when Shindong continued,

 

'I know that this will make you doubt us even more but in all honesty we have no other choice so please understand.'

'We are only following others from the higher grounds.'

'But everything I've told you is the truth and I'm not lying so please believe me.'

'We meant no harm coming here into your home.'

'We're not looking for any trouble.'

 

Ryeowook still had doubts but he decided to give them a chance. Besides, the idea of a village being nearby was so appealing to him that he wanted to know more. He knew that it wasn't possible but he couldn't help but hope that perhaps his past had something to do with this village. He was from somewhere before he ended up here right? Perhaps this village was where his family lived. Where he used to live. And having these two around for a little longer can help him figure out his past even if the chance of it was nearly impossible. He figured it was worth the shot.

 

'Okay.' He said to them.

'I believe you. However, my guards are still up so don't you dare think of attempting something stupid.' He warned them.

'I can assure you it will be the last thing you'd ever do.'

 

'Don't worry we won't.' Shindong responded with a smile. 'Thank you very much.'

 

'Um..so..what now..?' Eunhyuk suddenly uttered. His coughs had finally stopped. 

 

Ryeowook smiled at the two startling them a bit. 

 

'Well. I'm going to help you look for it.' He then said excitedly.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments always inspire me so do drop some! ;)

Thanks for reading!