Chapter 17

The Boy of Flame

'Happy Birthday Wookie!!'

 

Donghae cried out loud to his baby brother that was seated at the head of the table. In front of him was a large birthday cake decorated with sweets and jellybeans. It was Ryeowook's birthday that day and the four of them were having a small celebration inside their home.

 

'You're finally turning 5 years old!!' He beamed happily as he pinched both of his cheeks.

'I hope you will grow up healthy and become even more adorable!'

 

'Happy Birthday Ryeowook.' Leeteuk placed a kissed on the younger's cheek. He then gave him a loving hug.

'Come on now Wook, its time to blow the candles!'

'Make a wish!'

 

'Make sure you wish for hyung to be even more amazing than hyung already is okay!!" Heechul demanded with a smirk as he ruffled Ryeowook's hair.

'And don't forget to wish for mom and dad to give hyung a horse!'

'Hyung wants a horse so wish me one!!'

 

'Chullie hyung you're such a busy body!!' Donghae said to the older boy. His eyes rolling.

'Let Wookie wish for what he wants.'

 

'WHAT?? DON'T I, THE MOST WONDERFUL BROTHER IN THE WORLD!!! HELLO!! DESERVES SOMETHING IN RETURN??!!!' Heechul's replied enthusiastically as he flipped his hair slightly. The three boys watching him merely laughed.

 

'Chullie hyung is so silly!!' Ryeowook chirped happily.

'Don't worry. Wookie will wish for all three of Wookie's hyungs!' He then looked at his cake, closed his eyes briefly and then proceeeded to blew out the candles.

 

'What did you wish for??' Donghae asked excitedly. He wanted to know so bad.

 

'Hae, it he told you about it then it wouldn't come true!' Leeteuk blurted out in disagreement.

'Let him keep the wish to himself.'

 

'OUH COME ON TEUK! That's just a methaphore. Tell us Wook!' Heechul shook his head briefly.

'What did you wish for?'

 

Ryeowook smiled watching his hyungs argue. 

 

'Wookie wish for us to always be together.'

 

'FOREVER.'

 

He then told them proudly.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Loud explosions can be heard even from a far. There were houses on fire and buildings taken down. People were running everywhere in panic. Some were injured, some were so terrified the fainted. While others, lay dead on the ground.

 

'Wookie run!!!' Heechul yelled out to his brother. He was on the ground. His body was weak and he was injured deeply.

'Run as far as you can!!' He pushed the smaller boy.

'RUN NOW!!'

'Don't let them catch you!'

'Hyung promise, that hyung will come and find you!!!'

'So please run!!'

'RUN!!!!!'

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was a devastating year. Around them, massive ruins can be seen. From houses detroyed to burned things everywhere. Death bodies were laying everywhere on the ground. People were crying and small children were weeping as their parents' lay dead in front of them. It was terrible. Inside a small house, three boys stood in front of a large picture frame on the wall. Their faces covered with tears and their bodies shaking as they weep at the horrible fate that has bestoned upon them.

 

'It's my fault.' Heechul said to his two brothers standing next to him. His face filled with anger and regret.

'I didn't find him on time.'

'..I..I've failed as his brother...' He cleanched his fists tightly as tears continued to fall down his face.

'I let them take him away and..and...kill him...'

 

'No..I did this...' Donghae uttered shakingly as he fell onto the floor.

'I did this to him..it's me...' He sobbed hard.

 

Leeteuk knelt down and hugged the younger man. His hands trembling as he wiped his tears away.

 

'Hae..it's not your fault..it's not anyone's fault....' He tried to be keep himself together. He had to be strong for his brothers. He could clearly see how their emotions was taking a toll on them.

'..don't blame yourself...'

 

'But it is my fault hyung!!!' Donghae cried out loud.

'..it's my fault...I'm so sorry Wookie...I..I'm so..so sorry...'

 

'Hae..why are you blamming yourself..please stop...' He hugged the boy tighter.

'We didn't know and expect that this would happened.'

'It's nobody's fault.'

 

'Because I made him tell us his wish.'

 

Donghae cut him off with another heart breaking sobs.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A slight glimpse into the past.