Chapter 32

The Boy of Flame

'You don't have to do this anymore you know.' One man said to the other man that was walking in front of him. There were only the two of them occupying that part of the area.

'How long are you going to keep doing this to yourself?'

 

The other man stopped walking and looked at his friend. His eyes softened.

 

'I have to.' He simply said.

'I have no other choice.'

 

'Yes you do.' His friend replied him placing his hand of his shoulder.

'You could te-'

 

'NO.' He quickly cut him off.

'You know I can't.' He uttered

'And I'll never will.'

 

'Please stop hurting yourself.' His friend frowned. His tone of voice almost pleading.

'You don't have to do what that man told you to.'

 

'That 'man' is your family you know.' He pointed out.

 

'So??' His friend snorted with much annoyance on his face.

'I don't even see him as one.' He then said before his face turned serious once more.

'But really..stop hurting yourself..please...'

 

'What are you talking about I'm not even hurt.' He merely brushed his friend off with a chuckle.

'You're worrying too much. Stop acting like you're my mother for crying out loud!'

 

His friend was what about to say something when he quickly cut him off again.

 

'I'm fine.' He blurted out confidently.

'Really now stop worrying!' He added.

'Everything is going to be alright.' He smiled.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

King Rubius was observing his army that was located at a large piece of land just behind his castle were they were enstructed to do harsh trainings in preparation for the upcoming war day and night. He watched quietly on top of his horse as his men were busy training. On the inside, he felt a little bit proud as he saw how hard they were working and he was sure that they are going to win the war and everything in that village would be his. On the outside however, his expression remained cold and he made sure that they could never read his emotions.

 

'Father.' He immediately turned around as he heard his son calling out to him.

 

'My son!' He uttered with a proud look on his face.

'You're back.' He the hopped down from his horse to greet his son properly.

 

'How have you been father?' His son asked as they both hugged.

 

'Never better.' King Rubius replied.

'Except, I got my hands full now you see.'

 

'I can clearly see that.' His son frowned a little but said nothing further.

 

'How's hunting?' King Rubius questioned as they began walking around the area.

 

'I caught a large deer.' His son responded with a huge smile on his face.

'I've asked the servants to cook it for us for dinner.'

 

'Excellent!' King Rubius beamed as he patted the younger man's back.

'You're just like me.' He then said.

'I was a great hunter too back when I was your age.'

 

'Well, like father like son.' His son simply said. Suddenly, he stopped his track and looked at the older man in the eyes.

'Father.' He called out slowly. 

 

'Yes..?' King Rubius answered, stopping his track as well.

 

'Must we have this war...?' It took him a while, but he finally got it out of his mouth. At this, King Rubius immediately frowned.

 

'You know I've forbidden you to ask or say such a thing.' He responded. Angered at his son's sudden behaviour.

 

'I know father.' His son uttered nervously.

'But I don't find it necessary.' He continued despite feeling scared of what the old man would do to him. He knew better than anyone how his father was like when he's angry.

'I mean, we already conquered most of the land here and we have been very prosperous.'

'Why..why would we be needing to conquer that small village it seems...unworthy.'

 

'Do not questioned what you don't know.' King Rubius said as he turned his back on his son.

'There are lot of things you don't know and will never understand Zhoumi.' He added.

'That village..is not what it seems to be...'

 

'Then make me understand!' Zhoumi suddenly yelled. He didn't mean to but all of a sudden his emotions were getting the better of him.

'Because of you a lot of people I care about is hurting!' He yelled.

'Because of you my friend is hurting!!'

 

'GO TO YOUR ROOM.' King Rubius replied coldly.

 

'FATHER!' Zhoumi yelled again only to have his eyes widened as he was slapped across the face hard.

 

'I SAID GO TO YOUR ROOM.' King Rubius ordered loud and cleary. His eyes cold and filled with anger.

 

Zhoumi was so angry that he yelled at the top of his lungs in frustrations before leaving his father behind and storming off.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shindong was checking everything inside his bag to make sure he didn't leave anything behind. He held a small notebook where he had listed out the things he needed to bring along with him for this trip while checking his bag. Besides him was Eunhyuk who was busy feeding the horses and on his left side was Kyuhyun and Siwon who were in a heat discussion with each other. Shindong's focus was abruptly disrupted when he saw Ryeowook coming up from behind the gates carrying nothing but a small bagpack that Donghae had given him before as a present. Following him from behind was Leeteuk and Donghae.

 

'Everything's set?' Leeteuk asked Shindong when he reached to his side.

 

'I think I have everything.' Shindong replied with a nod.

'What about you Ryeowook?' He then asked.

 

'I'm good.' Ryeowook simply said.

 

'Then we're good to go.' Shindong uttered.

 

'Wait a minute.' Donghae stopped them as he looked at both Leeteuk and Ryeowook.

'Are sure this is a good idea...?' He questioned as worries began roaming his mind and his heart again. 

'I don't think Ryeowook should go.'

'Stay here Wookie.' He looked at the younger man.

'Don't go.'

 

'I'm going.' Ryeowook replied coldly.

'I told you that I am.'

 

'Please...' Donghae was getting anxious. It was hard for him to let Ryeowook go. Millions things was starting to flow inside his mind.

'Please don't go. Please stay here.'

 

What if Ryeowook gets hurt?

 

What if he gets lost?

 

What if he gets sick?

 

What if someone kidnaps him??

 

Worst,

 

What if he never comes back again..?

 

What if he had to lose Ryeowook all over again??

 

Just the thought of this suffocates him in so many ways. There was no way his heart would ever feel at ease if something bad happens to Ryeowook. Heck he would never forgive himself.

 

'I'm going.' Ryeowook said strictly loud and clear.

'You can't change my mind.'

 

'Teukie hyung...' Donghae begged Leeteuk to stop Ryeowook from going as he held his hand.

'Don't let him go hyung...'

 

'Hae..you know I can't do that...' Leeteuk responded although his heart was also heavy. He was worried about letting Ryeowook follow the others into the forest. He didn't want to risk Ryeowook getting hurt but at the same time he didn't want Ryeowook to feel like he was left out. He wanted his youngest brother to feel welcomed and loved here. Ryeowook had suffered all his life and even when he got here, his feelings were deeply hurt over and over again.That was the only reason why he agreed to the idea in the first place. He didn't want to hurt Ryeowook anymore.

'I've promised Wookie I let him go.' He explained.

 

'But hyung...' Donghae was starting to get desperate as he felt his eyes watering. Ryeowook can't leave. They haven't even made up yet.

 

'Donghae hyung.' Ryeowook suddenly hugged Donghae that the older man was completely taken aback. Weren't Ryeowook angry at him for these last couple of weeks ?

 

'Woo..Wookie..??' He managed to blurted out as he felt Ryeowook's hug getting tighter.

 

'I love you hyung.' He let out a loud gasp as he heard those words coming from Ryeowook's mouth. He just couldn't believe what was happening. He hadn't heard that in a long time. Ever since Ryeowook was thought to be dead. And he thought he would never hear that ever again since Ryeowook declared he hates him the other day. His tears immediately fell down as he tried to choked off his overwhelming emotions.

'I'm sorry I've pushed you and Teukie hyung away.' Ryeowook then said.

'I know that you would never do that kind of thing to me.' He continued as he rubbed Donghae's back gently.

'I was just..used to depend on myself and..and I got confused with Heechul hyung's treatment towards me that I took out my frustrations to the both of you.'

'I was just so mad and so furious because everything had been so much fun since I came to this village and I was really bonding with you and Teukie hyung and everyone when it suddenly took a large turn at Heechul hyung's words. When I remembered my past and our parents and..and what I did to them..I..'

'I just..was..was...I was just so angry that I made Heechul hyung hates me so much.'

'I've been thinking a lot..and I know..I know how wrong I was...'

 

Ryeowook then let go of Donghae and hugged Leeteuk that was watching everything in complete shock and horror.

 

'Teukie hyung I'm sorry.' He blurted out quietly.

'I love hyung very very much.' He then said.

'Thank you for being patient and for putting up with my outbursts.'

 

Ryeowook then let his brother go as he wiped the tears that fell down from his eyes. Leeteuk was also crying. He gave them a sweet smile.

 

'Does this..does this mean that you forgive us...??' Donghae asked as he tried to calm himself down.

'You're not..you're not angry with us anymore??' He asked.

 

Ryeowook shook his head at this.

 

'No. I'm just. I'm just really sorry.' He said quietly.

 

'Oh Wookie thank GOD!!' Donghae leaped forward and hugged Ryeowook tightly with so much joy and happiness. His tears starting to fall down once again.

'Thank you so much Wookie thank you!!' He cried out loud.

 

'Hyung you're killing me.' Ryeowook chuckled. He then looked at Leeteuk.

'Hyung, get Donghae hyung off of me please.' He joked.

 

Leeteuk gave out a small laugh as he pulled Donghae away which earned him an angered face and instead hugged the smaller man for himself.

 

'Aish now hyung is suffocating me!!' Ryeowook complained. Leeteuk merely laugh as he let the other go.

 

'I'm just so happy.' Leeteuk admitted.

'I thought you'd never talk to us again.'

'What made you change your mind?'

 

'Our past.' Ryeowook answered softly.

'After spending more time in this mansion and remembering the past, I realized..how much I missed it..' He explained.

'How much I missed by brothers.'

'I wanted the past so much.'

'I couldn't keep being angry at everything.'

'However, other than that I guess..apart of me has always known that you would never do such a thing to me and you've accepted me back into home with so much warmth I was really being ungrateful.' He added.

'Although I'm not sure about that guy..I know that you two loves me dearly.'

 

As he finished his words, he was again hugged tightly by Leeteuk and Donghae and altough it was hard for him to breathe, he just let them do as they pleased. They are after all his precious brothers and he understood now that he couldn't live without them. At least not anymore.

 

'I still don't agree about you going to the forest you know.' Donghae said after they had fiinished all the drama. He looked at Ryeowook seriously.

'I just don't feel good about you leaving.'

 

'I feel the same way.' Leeteuk finally admitted.

'It's very dangerous Ryeowook ah.'

 

'I'll be fine you guys.' Ryeowook brushed them off with a smile.

'The forest is my home..I mean..previous one...' He quickly say when he saw the looked on his hyungs face about it being his home.

 

'I just..' Donghae uttered. 'I just don't want to lose you again.'

 

Ryeowook's heart fluttered at this. He went towards hugged him warmly.

 

'You won't hyung.' He assured the older man.

'We're just be away for a couple of days and we'll be back soon.'

'You won't even feel my absence.'

 

'Just..just be safe okay..' Donghae sighed as he finally agreed to let him go.

'And be back as soon as you can.' He added.

 

'Make sure you stick with the others all the time.' Leeteuk told Ryeowook.

'Don't go off running somewhere by yourself.'

 

'Make sure you guys take care of my baby brother or I'll kill all of you!' Donghae warned in a joking manner at Shindong, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and Siwon who had just stood there in complete silence watching the brothers bond once again.

 

'Of course we will.' Kyuhyun snorted.

'That's not even a concern.' He added.

 

'Good.' Donghae said. His face then turned serious.

'But I mean it.'

'Take care of him you guys.'

 

'Aish you're worrying too much hyung!' Ryeowook blurted out.

'I will be fine.' He smiled.

 

'Okay..so can we leave now...?' Shindong asked. They were already off schedule because of the brothers little display and it was best if they don't delay things any further.

 

'Alright, it's late already. You can.' Leeteuk responded with a small chuckle knowing well what Shindong was thinking.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Heechul was going through some old files inside his study room when he suddenly heard a knock on the door. He didn't bother to respond to it knowing full well who it was.

 

'Couldn't you at least say 'yes' ?' Leeteuk questioned as he entered the area.

'You're so lazy.'

 

'What do you want?' Heechul merely responded. He didn't even look at the other. His eyes busy looking through the files.

 

'Nothing.' Leeteuk said folding his arms together as he leaned a little against the wall.

'I was just coming from the entrance and since your study room is before my room I thought I stopped by.'

 

Leeteuk's words made Heechul stopped his actions immediately. He looked at the older man, narrowing his eyes sharply.

 

'And why are you coming from the entrance?' He questioned.

 

'Today is the day that some of the guys went to the enchanted forest to look for the flower.' Leeteuk answered.

'I was sending them off, did you forget that?'

 

Heechul was taken aback a bit. He completely forgot that it was today. He had a lot of things going on inside his mind that he totally missed that matter. But what then went through his mind was making him unsettled. 

 

'What aren't you telling me?' Heechul questioned. He felt his hear beating loudly.

 

Leeteuk had always been unable to understand why Heechul always knew if he was keeping something away from him so decided to just tell him.

 

'Ryeowook went too.' He uttered calmly looking straight into Heechul's eyes.

 

Heechul stood up so quick and pounded at him immediately that Leeteuk almost lost his balance. His eyes widened at the sudden behaviour. He soon realized that Heechul had both his hands on his shoulders.

 

'What did you just say??!' Heechul cried out loud stunning the other.

 

'Heechul...' Leeteuk trid to rid off Heechul from grabbing onto him so forcefully.

'What's gotten into you let me go.'

 

'Did you just say that Ryeowook went into that forest??!!' Heechul completely ignored Leeteuk's demand.

 

'So?' Leeteuk protested.

'What about it then??' He asked.

'You knew that this eventually was going to happen.' He pointed out.

'We can't keep Ryeowook from taking part with the matters of the village and make him feel left out.'

'His our brother so technically, he's the fourth Gaia.'

 

'You. ing. Idiot.' Heechul uttered in what Leeteuk thought was the most scariest tone he had ever heard from him.

'DO YOU EVEN REALIZED WHAT YOU'VE DONE??!!' Heechul yelled all of a sudden.

 

'Letting my brother do what he wants and not make him feel left out like what you did to him.' Leeteuk spat. Angered at being yelled at like that.

 

'I always knew that you could be slow at times.' Heechul said in disbelief.

'BUT I NEVER THOUGHT YOU COULD BE THIS SLOW!'

 

'Heechul wha-' Leeteuk was getting confused but his words were cut off immediately by Heechul.

 

'HE COULD DIE OUT THERE DON'T YOU ING KNOW THAT?!!!!'

 

Leeteuk eyes went round with shock and horror.

 

'WHA-'

 

'YOU'RE AN IDIOT LEETEUK!!!' 

 

Heechul yelled at the top of his lungs as he pushed Leeteuk away before quickly storming out of the room in an attempt to catch to the others.

 

He had to hurry.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always comments inspires me so do drop some.

Btw, I will be a little busy for a couple of days so I'm not sure if I'll have time to update but I'll try ;)

Ouh and I hope I don't offend anyone by putting Henry and Zhoumi into the story.

They might not be official Super Junior members but they are still part of SJFamily!

So let's support the both of them too okay they deserve our love as well ^^