Chapter 22

The Boy of Flame

Leeteuk went down the very many stairs that was hidden beneath the mansion. It was located just under the mini library of the mansion. Like always, he went alone, by himself. Once he had reached the bottom of the stairs he walked through a long hallway. At the end of the hallway was a medium size wooden door. He reached for the knob and entered the room with a small knock. The moment he stepped in, a man with long beard and old stature greeted him. He was sitting on a large chair. Beside him was roses of different colours and kinds.

 

'Ah, Leeteuk.' He said to him.

'I knew you were going to come sooner of later.'

 

'Like I always it seems.' Leeteuk replied him with a smile.

 

'Come and have a sit my child.' The old man then gestured him to sit on a chair next to his.

 

Leeteuk obeyed him immediately without a word.

 

'Is this about the new arrival?' The old man then asked.

'I see you're quite happy about it.'

 

'It always amazes me how you seemed to know these things without anyone telling you.' Leeteuk responded with a nod.

'Yes, it was..shocking..weren't you surprised at all..??'

 

'It's my job to know these things.' The old man replied.

'Actually, I was able to feel his presence as soon as he stepped into this village.'

'But I didn't think much of it since it has been years so it's just impossible.

'I guess I was wrong and indeed, I was quite suprised.' He chuckled.

'Because I, myself had failed to feel his presence before.' He began his long beard, up and down, thinking.

'It's very peculiar indeed.'

 

'That is the reason why I've come to you about this.' Leeteuk uttered.

'How on earth, was that possible?'

'I mean, for him to slipped pass through your sense?'

'And for twelve years even.'

 

'Ah..I've been wondering about that to.' The old man nodded. His hand never stop his beard.

'I've come to a conclusion that he was sealed. Thou I do no know by who, but I am positive that he was.'

'That was the reason why I couldn't feel his presence.'

 

'Isn't that odd thou??' Leeteuk questioned. His brow raising.

'How come you're able to feel him now???'

 

'The very same reason why I wasn't able to in the first place.' The old man simply answered.

'The seal must have somehow been broken.'

'Did you know what had happened to him prior his arrival at the village?' He asked the younger man.

'My guess is, something had happened to him that caused the seal to be broken.'

 

Leeteuk shook his head.

 

'I haven't had the chance to ask him much about his previous life.' He sighed.

'I've just been so busy and..other than Ryeowook I brought a terrible news.' His face immediately showed troubles and worries.

 

'You don't have to tell me Leeteuk.' The old man shook his head slowly.

'I know what happened.' He then said.

 

'It's just terrible.' Leeteuk protested. His fists clenching.

'Why can't the man be satisfied with what he already had??'

 

'Patience Leeteuk.' The old man blurted out.

'Patience is key when it comes to fighting evil.' He continued.

'You must always control your emotions because only without being emotional, where you can start thinking clearly and be more rasional.'

'You can solve problems better.'

 

'I know. I apologise.' Leeteuk said to him with a slight bow.

 

'A man like him can never be satisfied with what they have Leeteuk.' The old man began explaining.

'One gain of wealth, formed another desire for more wealth.'

'And since our village is the only part of this land he hasn't been able to conquer, then there is no stopping him until he gets what he wants.' He continued.

'So, at this point of time, war is unavoidable.'

'You cannot make a deal or come to an agreement with such person. Ever.' He added.

'It will only be a waste of time. He will never listen.'

 

'Then what are we supposed to do?' Leeteuk asked desperately. He trusted this old man more than anyone else in this world and he knew he could count on him. He had never failed to give him the right answer and advice.

'We cannot let the same thing happen again.' 

'It took us years to recover, I don't think we'll be able to do the same again.'

 

'You must find the Sapphire Blue Flower.' The old man told him after a brief of silence.

'Right now, protection is the most important.'

'Whatever you do, you must first put out a strong protection for this village.'

'The people are not strong enough to defend themselves.'

'You as the leader, need to defend them.'

 

'What about the prophecy?' Leeteuk questioned after a nod.

'Can't we use the prophecy?? We don't have to find the Sapphire Blue Flower then.'

'Plus, Wookie is alive and it's just perfect.'

 

At this, the old man's face turned angry but it was only for a brief second.

 

'Never.' He shook his head.

'Never trust such prophecy Leeteuk.'

'It will only bring you harm.'

'Just find the Sapphire Blue Flower.'

 

'But...' Leeteuk tried to persuade him.

 

'Leeteuk, listen to my words..' The old man cut him off.

'If you love this village then you must do as I say.'

'Find the Sapphire Blue Flower.'

'Protect this village with it.'

 

Leeteuk made no further attempt to say anything more about the prophecy since the man in front of him was always right. And he was much wiser and has more knowledge than anyone else in this whole entire village. Therefore, he trusted him with all his heart. They talked a bit more about war strategies and schedules for each troop for each stake out as well as immediate training in order to prepare them for war. When they had finished, Leeteuk excused himself and began walking towards the door. As he was about to leave the space, the old man called out to him. He turned his head around.

 

'There is something that I must warn you.' The old man blurted out. He was dead serious.

 

'What is it?' Leeteuk asked, feeling nervous all of a sudden. It was never a small matter when the old man was being serious.

 

'It's about Ryeowook.' The old man replied him.

'Do you still remember, years ago, about what had happened to him when he was still a new born?' He then asked the younger man.

'And do you remember what happened at the time when he was 4 years old??'

 

'I do.' Leeteuk answered with a frown.

'How could I forget?'

'It was one of my worst nightmares.' He admitted.

'But..that was a long time ago right...?' 

'It's gone..you've sealed it away..'

 

'I did.' The old man nodded.

'However, when I first felt Ryeowook's presence as he entered this village just a few days ago, I sense something unpleasent inside him.'

'It was almost the same as before only....' He stopped his words.

 

'Only what???' Leeteuk demanded.

 

'Only it was much stronger.' The old man said to him. His eyes stared deeply into Leeteuk's.

 

'He's my brother.' Leeteuk uttered to him in a strong voice.

 

'I know that he is Leeteuk.' The old man blurted out calmly.

'I'm not asking you to kick him out or anything.'

'Just...'

'Just be careful okay?'

'Know that somewhere deep down, that thing is still within him.'

 

'There's nothing to be careful about.' Leeteuk simply responded. He then turned around quickly.

'Just, don't worry about it okay?'

 

'Leeteuk.'

 

'I'm sorry but I must be off now.'

'I have a lot of things to do.'

'Good day to you.'

 

He then left the area without another word.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always, comments inspire me ;)