Chapter 29

The Boy of Flame

Ryeowook entered Kyuhyun's room with a loud bam it shocked the latter so much he almost fell out of his chair. He looked at the other questioningly, raising his brow up.

 

'What's the deal Ryeong?' Kyuhyun gave Ryeowook a bizzare look.

 

Ryeowook said nothing as he went towards the bed and sat on it. He then closed his eyes and heaved out a long sigh.

 

'Ryeong...?' Kyuhyun called out to his friend. Confused to see his behaviour.

'Is something the matter?'

 

'Kyu..' Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun as he uttered this.

'Do you..happen to know if..if there is a secret room beneath this mansion..?' He then asked.

 

'A secret room?' Kyuhyun raised his brow again.

'What secret room?'

 

'Um you know..the one under the mini library??' Ryeowook merely responded.

 

'What? How did you know about this??' Kyuhyun questioned him. His eyes widened.

 

'So there is one.' Ryeowook blurted out as he was suddenly deep into thoughts.

'So it was real...'

 

'What is real??' Kyuhyun asked him.

 

'Earth to Ryeowook! Hello!' Kyuhyun called out when he was totally ignored, waving his hand just in front of Ryeowook's face.

 

'So there is a secret room underneath the mini library.' Ryeowook said to Kyuhyun, looking straight into his eyes.

'Am I right??'

 

'Well, you are...' Kyuhyun nodded.

'But I'm not too sure.' He added.

'What I mean is that I don't know for certain because I've never actually seen it or been there but I heard The Three Gaias talking about it once.'

 

'What did they talk about??' Ryeowook could feel his curiosity buliding up.

 

'Something about the room belonging to The Wise Man or something...' Kyuhyun answered,

'But I didn't hear the full conversation so I'm not too sure about what I heard.'

 

'I see.' Ryeowook replied.

'That's okay. At least I know for certain that there is a room underneath that mini library and it wasn't just my imagination.'

 

'Wait what??' Kyuhyun was clearly confused by what was going on.

'You didn't answer my question. How did you know about that room??'

 

'Never mind that it's not important.' Ryeowook merely said.

'What's important now is for me to find some answers.' He added.

'Yeap that's right.'

 

'What answers??' Kyuhyun was even more confused at his best friend's words.

'Ryeonggu, would you mind telling me what's going on?'

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'Teukie hyung!'

 

Shindong called out as he bursted into the meeting room, carrying a large piece of paper with him. Everybody present immediately turned their head around and looked at him.

 

'What is it Shindong?' Leeteuk asked the latter.

 

'Hyung I did!' Shindong said as he panted. 'I finally did it hyung!'

 

Leeteuk eyes widened with relief and joy at this.

 

'You found the location?' He then asked.

 

'Indeed I have.' Shindong answered after he had calmed himself down. He then went closer to Leeteuk and place the large paper he had been holding onto the table for eveyone to see.

'This is the complete map of the enchanted forest.' Shindong began, pointing at the paper.

'As you can see the enchanted forest is divided into four sections.' He continued.

'The first section is where the small and harmless creatures live. The second, is where the small but poisonous ones live and the third is the creature of the lagoon and the fourth section is occupied by the dark and dangerous beasts.' They all nodded at this.

'At first, I only looked at the first three sections because I thought that the flower was located either in one of them since their soil is the most fresh. However, I was wrong. The Sapphire Blue flower was rare and different from any other flowers and plants which indicates that it does not belong in any of the first three sections.' He stopped as he placed his finger on the last section.

'This.' He continued, moving his finger in a circle.

'Is the are where the flower is currently located.' Shindong could see their eyes widened and he understood fully why.

'I know what you're all thinking about. This section is the most dangerous. It is the darkest section of them all and also the most dangerous.'

'Sadly, that is where the flower can only be found.'

 

'It will be such a huge risk to go there.' Yesung said quietly. He had his arms folded together.

'This is bad, not only it is dangerous to be leaving the village at this point of time, we have to also enter a very dangerous place as well.'

'Is this flower really that worth it?' He questioned.

 

'Yesung is right.' Hangeng nodded.

'I mean, I understand that obtaining this flower would give us such a huge advantage and everything but it is very risky to send our men there.'

'We don't know the place well and we could put them in jeopardy.'

 

'What do you think Kangin?' Leeteuk asked him. He wanted to hear what his personal advisor thought of the situation.

 

'Well, the most important thing is the protection of our people.' Kangin responded looking at them simultenously.

'To ensure the protection of our people, we must ensure the protection of the village.' He continued.

'Even though it's risky, obtaining the flower is our biggest hope at winning this war.'

'To win a war...to protect the people you love..your home..ensure peace...sacrifices has to be made even though it's hard.' He finished.

 

Leeteuk nodded at Kangin's words. He then looked at them all.

 

'What about the others?' He asked.

'What do you think of the situation??'

 

'I agree with Kangin hyung.' Siwon replied.

'I'm sure everybody is with me on this however there is one thing that I'm slightly concern of.' 

 

'And what it that Siwon?' Donghae questioned looking straight at him.

 

'Putting along the risks of enterring the forest and that dangerous section, we also have to awknowledge the fact that we are not very familiar of that place.' Shindong answered, resting his hands on the table.

'The risk is even more higher.'

 

'You're right it's been on my mind too.' Shindong nodded in agreement.

'I really don't want to risk that much from our men.' He added.

'It will be great if we know the place.'

'At least we can avoid danger and lessen the risk.'

 

'This is a concern indeed.' Leeteuk uttered as he tried to think of a solution.

'There is not a single soul that is familiar of that place.' He began pacing around the room.

'It will be great if we have someone that know the place well. We cou-.' His words were cut off by the sudden entrance of someone at the door. He turned around immediately.

 

'Then take me.' Ryeowook simply said as he leaned against the wall calmly.

'The forest is my home.' He uttered proudly.

'No one is more familiar of that place other than me.'

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'Yes.'

 

A man whispered to himself with a satisfied smirk on his face. He was standing in front of the door to the meeting room listening to everything that was going on behind it.

 

'Everything is exactly as I had planned.' He chuckled quielty not wanting anyone to know of his presence.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments make any author happy so do drop some! ;)