Chapter 5

The Boy of Flame

Eunhyuk was having a deep thought to himself. His fingers busy playing with the leaves on the ground, rolling them one by one and arranging them in a straight line. He then watched silently as Shindong opened his book to study more about the enchanted forest. 

 

'Hyung..' He called out the other. Shindong looked at him but said nothing, waiting for him to continue.

'There's something. That has been bothering me.' He began.

'It has been on my mind ever since we've encountered...him.' He continued.

'I can't stop thinking about it hyung.'

 

Shindong put down his book as he let out a sigh.

 

'I knew that sooner or later, you were gonna say something about this.'

 

'So hyung, you've noticed the same thing too??' Eunhyuk asked him with complete curiosity. He was now moving closer towards the older man.

 

'I do.' Shindong nodded. 'It has been on my mind for quite some time too.'

 

'Then hyung, do you reckon..that..he..he..it...it can't be..can it...?' Eunhyuk uttered. He was having a hard time forming his words together.

'It's been years..and..it..well...impossible...'

'...it can't be...can it hyung..?'

 

'I'm not to sure myself too Eunhyuk.' Shindong responded, fully understood what the later meant.

'It is nearly impossible. I mean, you know what happened. We were there.'

'We saw everything.'

 

'But hyung, that was a long time ago.' Eunhyuk argued.

'We were so young. How could we even begin to remember everything?'

 

Their conversation was interupted when they heard someone entering the cave. It was Ryeowook. He was carrying a whole bunch of food. From fruits to indiginous plants to something that they haven't seen before. They watched silently as Ryeowook walked carefully into the cave and placed the food onto a small table he claimed that he himself, had made it.

 

'Whoah. You've sure brought back a lot of things.' Shindong finally said to him.

 

'Well, you guys are starving right.' Ryeowook merely replied wiping his sweat away. It was wore him out a bit, carrying everything by himself.

 

'What have you brought us?' Eunhyuk asked him as he began rummaging through everything. Shindong smacked him for the second time that day.

 

'Honestly Eunhyuk, where are your manners??!'

 

'OUCH! HYUNG THAT REALLY HURTS YOU KNOW!!' Eunhyuk yelped in pain. His face showing nothing but annoyance.

 

'I'm really sorry for his manners.' Shindong apologised with a small bow. He was really embarassed by Eunhyuk's behaviour. When it comes to food, that guy, he doesn't even begin to know his place.

 

'It's okay. He must be really starving and dying for some food.' Ryeowook merely chuckled at the sight.

'But..I'm afraid he will have to wait until I'm done cooking.'

 

'COOK??!!' Both of them stared at Ryeowook. Surprised to learn that the later can actually cook. No. Actually eating cooked food.

 

'Well. Duh. You have to cook your food first right??' Ryeowook answered, simply.

 

'You cook????' Eunhyuk questioned again in awe.

 

'Of course I do.' Ryeowook said proudly. 'What, you think that just because I live in the forest I would eat uncooked food??'

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Donghae was sitting on his bed. On his hand, was an old drawing that he had kept for so many years. It had become a habit of his. To look at the drawing before he went to sleep. The drawing was really special to him. It reminded him of the past. Which was his most favorite time. Donghae closed his eyes as he let his mind take him way back when. When everything was perfect. When everything was nothing but fun and happiness was flowing everywhere. Without him realizing it, a drop of tear fell from his eyes. 

 

'Ouh, Hae.' 

 

The voice of another woke him from his dream back into the reality. He looked up and saw Leeteuk standing next to the left side of his bed. He quickly reached out his hand and wiped the tears off his face.

 

'I'm fine.' He said without being ask first.

 

'Hae..' Leeteuk began as he placed his hand on the younger's shoulder.

 

'I said I was fine.' Donghae warned him. He didn't need to be hearing what Leeteuk had to say right now. It was going to be the same thing all over again and he was sick of it. He had enough.

 

'Okay, okay..' Leeteuk responded, fully aware of Donghae's words. 'I wasn't going to say anything.'

 

He reached down and kissed Donghae's temple gently.

 

'Good night Hae. Sweet dreams.'

 

He then walked towards the door, opening them and taking a step outside.

 

'You know I'll be in my room if you need me.' He blurted out to him as he closed the door quietly.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment ;)