Chapter 37

The Boy of Flame

Heechul landed on the grounded with a loud thoud. Inside his arms, close to his chest, was Ryeowook. The smaller man unconscious and seeing his chest bleed made Heechul panic. He quickly held Ryeowook properly as he grabbed his handkerchief from inside his pocket. Immediately after that, he pressed on Ryeowook's wound gently, tyring to get the blood to stop flowing. 

 

'What the hell where you guys doing letting him get stabbed like that?!' Heechul yelled out in frustration. His eyes glaring at Kyuhyun, Siwon, Shindong and Eunhyuk.

 

'It happened so fast..we-we didn't see..we couldn't react fast enough.' Siwon tried to explained on behalf of everyone.

 

'And you two.' Heechul looked at both Shindong and Eunhyuk.

'Why are you just hiding behind those bushes when all of these happened?!' He mad mad. No. Furious to be exact. Ryeowook was injured. His Ryeowook and all he could see was red at the moment.'

 

'It's my fault so don't blame them.' Kyuhyun stepped forward and told the older man.

'We've agreed to let Shindong and Eunhyuk escape if anything happens so that the mission can be continued no matter what the cost.' He continued.

'The safety of our village is top priority which makes finding the flower top priority as well.'

 

'AND since when the priorities and safety of The Gaia not important??' Heechul snorted at Kyuhyun's words. It was just ridiculous to him.

'Or did you forget that we are your leaders??'

 

'Always.' Kyuhyun sighed in defeat. He knew arguing any further with the older man won't get no where and pointless.

'Always top priority. You're right.'

'It's my fault that I wasn't quick enough.'

 

Heechul ignored the three of them as his focused was back on Ryeowook. The bleeding has stopped, much to his relief but he knew Ryeowook was not out of danger yet. He needs to be treated immeditely and he needs to get out of the forest as soon as possible. Heechul eyes wandered around for a few seconds when he suddenly spoke with in an unfamiliar language out of no where, puzzling everyone. It was almost as if he was yelling and commanding at the same time. Kyuhyun just stared at older man, bewildered because he thought that Heechul was mocking him. However, just moments after that they heard footsteps coming from behind them. Alerted, they turned around immediately and saw a few friterbies walking towards them. The friterbies went near Heechul and Ryeowook and Heechul was seen to be telling them something. They nodded as they each placed their small hands on top of Ryeowook's chest. Eunhyuk's eyes went round and he was pretty much sure it was the same for everybody elses' as they saw yellow glows formed from underneath the friterbies palms. They watched in amazement how those yellow glows slowly cover up Ryeowook's wound and they could see how Ryeowook was slowly starting to regain his consciousness. Watching all of these happened before their eyes made them wonder thou.

 

 

How did Heechul know those friterbies ?

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

'Basically you guys are trapped in something like a cat and mouse game.' Zhoumi uttered calmly. Both Leeteuk and Donghae could feel the fear forming inside their hearts as they were about to told the truth. Something that was hidden far from their knowledge years ago.

 

'What do you mean?' Leeteuk asked, feeling his inside twisted. He was extremly anxious.

 

'The problem with your village, specifically you guys; The Gaias...you thought that you knew your enemy but you really don't.'

 

Leeteuk wished that Zhoumi would just be straight-forward and not beat around the bush so much. But he kept that thought to himself as he didn't want Zhoumi to changed his mind about explaining everything to them. Especially about their brother Heechul. The one that he was certainn by now, that he had misunderstood so much.

 

'King Rubius..my father...' For a moment Zhoumi looked disturbed uttering the word 'father' but he quickly brushed it off.

'He is a bad man but he's actully not that bad...' Donghae gave him a bewildered look.

 

'I'm sorry but I just find that hard to believe.' 

 

'I know you do.' Zhoumi admitted. 'And I don't blame you.'

'That person...he's just so...greedy....'

'..I mean he cares for our people a lot but he..just can't set aside his greedy-self....' Zhoumi looked sad as he said this.

'..All he wants is revenge....same goes for that person....' Leeteuk took an interest on this statement.

 

'That person??' He immediately asked. Zhoumi nodded knowingly.

 

'Leeteuk I don't think you quite see picture here.' 

'What you and your people need to worry about the most is not my father but someone else.'

'Someone very powerful and so evil and so so manipulative that he seems like an angel on the outside.'

 

'Are you...perhaps...talking about The Wise Man...?' Donghae finally asked the thing that was going on inside their minds.

 

 

'They're both playing a game and your stuck in between.'

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

'Heechul, I need you to do this favor for me my love.'

 

 

He remembered his mother's words as it rang many times inside his mind.

 

He was running.

 

Desperately.

 

As fast as he can.

 

He knew that time was running out.

 

 

'Chullie hyung where are we going???'

 

Heechul looked to his side and at the small boy whose hand he was holding tightly. His heart pained heavily as he saw how scared he was. How confused he was. Why shouldn't he be? He was dragging him somewhere far from the place they called home.
 
 
 
'Mom, I can't.'
 
 
 
He remembered begging to his mom. In complete agony. Telling her that there was no way he could fulfill her request. He just couldn't. Who cares what would happened?? The risk that would come if he didn't? Who ing cares?! Ryeowook meant the world to him. How would he be able to lived knowing that Ryeowook was left behind somewhere in an unfamiliar place, away from all of them? From him? It was just unfair.
 
 
 
'You have to.' His mother told him.
 
'It is the only way that Ryeowook would be able to live.'
 
 
'BUT WHY MOM??!! WHY??!!' He had yelled at her, his tears getting heavier. He understood her reasons but he just couldn't understand why it had to turned out this way. Why it had to come down to this. It was unfair for Ryeowook. So..unfair. It wasn't his fault.
 
 
'Heechul. You know that Ryeowook was born with a curse.' His mother had explained to him. He still remembered how from the looks of her eyes, he could tell that this was hard for her as well. Probably even more painful than what he was feeling.
 
'I've told you of this before.'
 
 
He nodded. 'Yeah. you did.'
'You've also told me how a lot of people feared Wookie because of that.'
'That's why he is only allowed to play inside the palace.'
 
 
'Yes. That's right.' She replied him. 'But what we didn't tell you was that time when Ryeowook was kidnapped...was the time when the curse was implemented to him.' Heechul was taken aback but this new information.
 
'His abductor was the one that put that curse inside him' She continued.
 
'You mean that The Wise Man did it....?' He had a bewildered look on his face.
 
 
 
 
Sometimes the world was just unfair. He felt tears welling inside his eyes as they reached the exact spot where they needed to be. Why was he the one given the responsibilty to do something like this? Why was he the one entrusted with all of these responsibilites when he was still so young? Why was he the one that has to bear this burden and carry this dark secret for the rest of his life?
 
 
Importantly, why does he has to suffer alone ?
 
 
He felt himself suffocating.
 
 
He bend down and stared into his brother's confused eyes. His heart aching....so painfully.
 
 
'Chullie hyung where are we??' Ryeowook asked innocently.
'Why are we far away frm home??' 
'Where are mommy and daddy??'
 
 
'Wookie...' He felt himself trembling as he held onto those small shoulders tightly. 'You know that hyung loves you very much right?'
 
 
Ryeowook nodded his head cutely. 'Wookie loves hyung very much too!' Heechul hugged his babby brother tightly, afraid to let go. Terrified of losing him.
'Don't tell this to Hae hyung and Teukie hyung..but hyung is Wookie's favowet.'
 
 
'Wookie, hyung...hyung is very sorry...very sorry...' He started to sob uncontrollably.
'Please forgive this foolish hyung of yours...this weak hyung of yours...that can't figure out a way...another solution....' His body was trembling harder and it was getting hard to breathe. It hurt so bad.
 
 
'Hyung...why are you cwying..?' Ryeowook was confused but he hates seeing his brother cry.
'Hyung did nothing uwong to Wookie.'
 
'The world is so unfair.' Heechul uttered in between sobs.
'So..unfair....'
'We did nothing wrong...you...you did nothing wrong...and yet...and yet this is your fate.....'
'...I'm so-so sorry....'
'..so sorry that it had to be this way....'
 
'Chullie hyung....?' Ryeowook was so confused by his brother's words and actions. It was too much for his young age to understand. Suddenly, Heechul stood up quietly and walked away from the small boy. He didn't even look back.
 
'Hyung where are you going??' Ryeowook asked innocently as he began chasing him.
'Don't leave me wait for me!' But Heechul didn't even look back. He couldn't. Because then he won't be able to do what he was supposed to. What he was told to.
 
'CHULLIE HYUNG!!!' Ryeowook yelled as he felt a pair of hands grabbing him from behind preventing him from moving any further. He was immediately terrified.
'HYUNGG HELPP ME!!!' He tried to get rid of the person holding him but he couldn't. Why was this person or whatever trying to block him from going to his brother?!
 
'HYUNG WHY ARE YOU IGNOWING WOOKIE??! HYUNG HELP SOMEONE IS TRYING TO HURT WOOKIE!!' He pleaded desperately, shaking vigorously.
 
 
Suddenly Ryewook smelled something weird. A smell that was starting to make him dizzy and lose his vision. His eyes began fluttering up and down as he fell onto his knees. He watched with blurry eyes as Heechul walked further and further away from him.
 
 
Then, everything turned dark.
 
 
 
Heechul continued to walk nonstop. His tears never leaving him and his whole body was trembling.
 
 
 
He found it even harder to breathe.
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Maybe I'll do a double update tonight if I get a lot of comments hee ;P