Chapter 43

The Boy of Flame

'YAH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING??!'

 

Henry gulped as he turned out to look at the person yelling at him. Crap, he had done it now. He was caught right off the bat. Yesung who called out, glared at the younger man while shaking his head in disagreement. He walked closer to him and stood just before him.

 

'What do you think you're doing?' He repeated the same question, only softer this time.

'You know you're not supposed to leave this place. We're at war here it's dangerous to step outside you're just a civilian.'

 

Henry played with his fingers nervously unable to utter a respond. What was he supposed to say anyway? He himself had no idea why he wanted to go and join the others at war. He just felt the need to inside his heart.

 

'WELL...?' Yesung demanded not backing away from the younger man. It was bad enough that he had to stay behind and watch the villagers in case they are ambush when he wanted so badly to help them in the war and now, he had to deal with this immature creep who thinks it's okay to just leave this place ? This was seriously giving him a bad aura.

 

'Well I-' Henry tried to say. He was not looking at Yesung at all but instead, at the ground.

'I wanted to-to help..' He finally managed to utter.

 

Yesung almost laughed incrediously but he kept it in.

 

'You wanted to help?' He responded.

'And what sorta help you want to give?' He then asked.

'Are you good at handling sword? Do you know how to fight? Do you have element that is powerful enough and well-developed?' He didn't mean to sound so harsh but he wanted to get the point clear to this boy. Henry remained silent.

'I'll take that as a no, so now will you please come with me and go back inside? Lets go.'

 

'No-no!' Henry suddenly yelled when Yesung pulled his arm.

 

'Look, kid I don't have time for th-'

 

''I HAVE TO HELP!' Henry cried out, his eyes looking straight into Yesung's eyes. Yesung back away a little, startled.

'I know this sounds stupid but you just don't get it. I feel it. I feel it inside my bone. I feel it inside my heart. That I need...that I need to go and help.'

 

'You...feel it in your bone...?' Yesung said quietly, bewildered. He had never met a person so bold and yet so weak like this before.

 

'Yes I do!' Henry tried to explain while showing off his determination.

'You see..I...I always have these visions...these dreams..about the gaias and the terra of demeter and the village and and...and the war...everything...'

'..at first I don't understand what it means and I always shrug it off but now..now when I think about it...why do I have these visions and dreams if it doesn't mean anything...???' Henry raised out his hands and placed them onto his chest near his heart.

'Whenever I look at sky and at the village and think of the gaias..I've always had this feeling inside of me..that is just burning...that is just intriguing..as if they're telling me that they are more to my existence than just a kid who helps his mother kneed bread evey single day...' He stopped for a bit and sighed.

'I'm sorry...I know I sound ridiculous and stupid right now but this is how I truly feel. This is the truth. I..I don't know how else I'm supposed to explain it to you...'

 

Yesung was shrugging but nevertherless he felt intrigue to learn more about this boy.

 

'Say...tell me more about these dreams and visions of yours.'

 

'Well...I had them since I was very young...I couldn't remember when they started but they were always there for as long as remember.'

 

Henry began telling Yesung everything about his dreams and visions, the same one he had told his mother plenty of times before and also the same one he had told Heechul during their encounter just outside the mansion. Henry was in the middle of telling his story when Yesung noticed something as the latter was moving his hands up and down as gestures, too caught up with his stories.

 

 

'Hey...show me your hands to me.'

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Donghae was sweating. He could feel his energy dropping as he used his entire strength to keep the giants from moving anywhere further behind him. This is bad. He thought to himself. He knew he wouldn't be able to keep them on hold for long. Suddenly, Donghae could hear steps coming from behind him.

 

'Damn.' He cursed silently. A few of King Rubius soldiers were going to launch an attack on him. He needed to think fast.

 

Donghae raised his other hand while his right hand kept control of the strong typhoon he made that managed to create a barrier between him and the giants. He turned his hand around and smaller typhoons formed and blew the men that was running towards him so hard when they fell on the ground, their bones break.

 

'Damn it.' Donghae cursed again when he realized that he had no energy anymore to keep the strong typhoon. True enough, his typhoon was getting smaller and smaller by the minute and the giants are marching forward bit by bit.

'God this is bad. Damn.'

 

'Donghae hyung!' Kibum cried out, running towards him followed by many soldiers from behind.

 

Donghae fell on to the ground, his typhoon gone and he was breathing hard. Kibum ran to him as he instructed the soldiers to set up the cannons and hold back the giants.

 

'Donghae hyung!'

 

'I'm okay.' Donghae assured him. 'Just go and help them.' 

 

Kibum nodded and took out his sword. He wasn't like the gaias or many of the other trained elementernists but he has learned how to use his element which came from Heechul's element which is void. He closed his eyes as he penetrated into thin air and appear again just the tip of a giant's foot. He quickly struck the foot before penetrating again appearing on the giant's head and struck it hard. The giant yelled so hard in pain as he tried to make Kibum fall. Kibum whistled and jumped forward. A green-horn dragon appeared and caught Kibum just in time. 

 

'Good girl.' Kibum said and his dragon lovingly.

'Now, lets electrocude them shall we?' His dragon has the power of electricity. It can create a what look like a lightning bolt and electrocude others cruelly.

'When the cannons are ready tell me!' Kibum yelled to the soldiers down below.

'And I want everyone to run away when it is set. Got that?!' He then flew away with his dragon, aiming for another giant.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

There were huge fires surrounding them. King Rubius had sent out helix, a huge flying bird that can carry fire bolts to set them on fire and burn them alive. Leeteuk closed his eyes. There were the shade of neon sea blue when he opened them again. He raised his palms up and water started to form. He threw his palms up and the water began pouring down, washing off the fire away. He then grabbed a hold of his archery, aimed carefully and strike at the flying helix. It came down with a loud squeak and crashed onto the rocks, immediately dying.

 

'This guy is troublesome when he has dark magic all over him.' Leeteuk grunted his teeth.

'Possessed soldiers, giants and now this..?'

 

'This is bad Teukie hyung. We're losing in numbers.' Kangin uttered. He was trembling with worries and doubts.

'Just look! There are so many fallen soldiers and bloods and..God...I can't handle this.'

 

'Calm down Kangin.' Leeteuk said gently.

'It's not over until it's over.' He looked around with much caution.

'What worries me now is I haven't seen the sight of King Rubius since we started this war hours ago.' He could feel sweats forming on his forehead again.

'I'm worried about what he had planned. He's no where to be seen which means that something is bound to happen.' He continued.

'Since he has dark magic now I'm even more worried. Anything is possible.'

 

 

Suddenly, they could hear a loud scream no, a terrifying scream coming from the mountain near the entrance of the enchanted forest. All movements seemed to have stopped whether it was the village's soldiers or King Rubius' army. It was as if, the sound had freeze them all to the ground.

 

 

'Looks that 'anything' is about to happen now.' Kangin gulped as he said this.

 

 

Leeteuk could feel his heart beat loudly through his chest but what he saw made him so shocked he fell on to the ground and trembled like never before. His eyes flung with nothing but horror.

 

'No no no no no NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' Leeteuk yelled at the top of his lungs as he took in the sight before him. He grabbed his hair and rummaged it around in a frightened manner.

 

'OH GOD PLEASE NO!!!! OH GOD!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

 

 

Ryeowook stood at the front of the entrance. But he wasn't the Ryeowook that he knew, that they all knew. In fact, they knew that the Ryeowook standing right there and then was not him but the monster inside of him. The monster that was sealed so many years ago and kept locked and hidden. The transformation wasn't complete but it was almost done. Leeteuk couldn't breathe nor could he stand up. He was trembling vigoroulsy. He turned his head around worriedly and saw that Donghae had fainted due to the overwhelming shock and horror and Kibum was now holding on to him. He knew that if anyone were to go ballistic over this turn of event, it would be Donghae. Donghae loves and tressures Ryewook more than anyone elses. Leeteuk could feel his heart break into a gazillian pieces at the sight. He looked back at Ryeowook. His precious baby brother's eyes were the darkest crimson red they had ever seen and they were bloodshot. There were huge flames the colour of black and red simulteneously coming out of his shoulders. It made him look like he has a pair of huge wings. Like a devil. Leeteuk looked at his baby brother agaaian and again and again but he could not shake of the terrifying aura emerging from Ryeowook's body. It was as if Ryeowook had no soul. It was empty and dull. It was so so frightening and he had this overwhemingly aura of a murderer. Ready to kill any time and any second. They could all feel it and they had never been so fearful for their lives.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments inspire me so do drop some ;)

P/s: I didn't proof read this I was too tired and sleepy so I apologise for any wrong spellings and grammatical errors. Enjoy!