Chapter 39

The Boy of Flame

'What are we going to do now?'

Donghae asked as the silence surrounding them were getting too overwhelming. Leeteuk opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it back again. His eyes largened as he realized that for the first time ever, he didn't know what to do. It had been such a long and bizarre evening for him and he was sure that the same goes for Donghae as well. There were so many things that were revealed to them that trying to stay strong and comprehend everything was just as hard as swallowing a knife.

 

'Well, we must prepare for war of course.' Zhoumi had answered it so casually that Donghae felt sick to his stomach.

'You do know that it'll happen sooner or later anyway right?' He reasoned. Both Leeteuk and Donghae nodded and swallowed hard as they knew how true that statement was.

 

'But how can we do that thou?' Donghae questioned looking worried.

'Our mansion is pretty much controlled by The Wise Man by now and as hateful as I am to admit this, I'm sure most of our guards and workers have also been influenced by him.' He continued.

'Where would we find force? How can we trust people?'

 

'Don't you have your army troops thou?' Zhoumi frowned.

'I thought you've been preparing them since my father declared a second war on you.'

 

'We do.' Leeteuk nodded. 'It's a good thing that I enstrusted Yesung and Sungmin to train them near the west mountain.'

'At least we can be sure that they haven't been turned to the bad side.'

 

'So what's the plan now?' Donghae asked as he paced around the room. He suddenly thought of his brothers Ryeowook and Heechul and couldn't help but be extremely worried. Are they save? Have the found the flowers? Are they in danger? Did they find a safe place to hide?? He was damn worried alright. On the contrary, Donghae was glad that everything he thought of Heechul was a clear misunderstanding. He knew that his brother was always there. He never went away. He heave a huge sigh of relief before turning to look at the two men in front of him.

 

'Right so lets not waste our time and be prepared for war.' He uttered to them in a serious manner.

'I'll send a message to Eunhyuk as soon as possible.'

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'I didn't think it would be this fast.' Sungmin uttered as he arranged the newly sharpened swords on the grass.

'I mean, the barrier is still not completely down and we haven't even find the Sapphired Blue flower.'

 

'Fast or slow it was bound to come.' Yesung retorted as he shrugged his shoulders. He was looking into the distance at their troop who were preparing everything there is to need for war.

'What matter is our duty to our village and our people.'

 

'I supposed you're right.' Sungmin nodded. He stood up from where he was crouching and looked into the sky. Without a moment to lose he whistled out a long tune and waited. From far beyond the clouds, his black-fire dragon were seen as it flew high and mighty towards them until he came to a stop just a few feet away from Sungmin.

 

'Hey boy.' Sungmin smiled warmly as he patted his dragon. Yesung merely watch quietly from the side.

'Where have you been?' 

'Ouh I see, was it fun?'

'Have you eaten?'

'Wow, you have to take me there later k.'

 

At this point, Yesung was jealous of Sungmin for being a rider. One thing about riders is that they can communicate with their dragons while others can never have that opportunity. It's something about their soul being one or bounded together. He hated how he just stood there unable to understand what the dragon was saying-growling or whatever that is with Sungmin.

 

'Will you cut that out already?' Yesung said, annoyed at seeing how Sungmin was acting all cutesy and mushy like with his dragon.

 

'Ouh stop being so jealous.' Sungmin laughed.

'Here you can pat him if you want.'

 

'No thank you.' Yesung waved his hands. 'I'd rather pat a dog or a rabbit. Or even better, turtles. No dragons for me na-ah.'

'Suits yourself then.' Sungmin shrugged. 

'Anyways, who would have thought that The Wise Man was crazy the one and that Heechul hyung is the normal one right?' He uttered, his hands still busy patting his dragon.

'I mean whoah that's just..sickening.' He still remembered the shocked look on everyone's faces as Leeteuk and Zhoumi explained everything to them. He himself almost fall out of his chair and peed in his pants. 

'I can't believe we've been fooled for years.' Yesung blurted out in annoyance.

'It's just so embarassing for a knight like me.'

 

'Ah Teukie hyung.' Sungmin called as he saw Leeteuk approaching towards them along with Kangin, Donghae, Zhoumi, Kibum and Hangeng.

 

'How's everything going here?' Leeteuk asked.

 

'Good.' Sungmin answered. 'We're almost done with all the weapons.'

 

'Alright. Great jod.' Leeteuk nodded. He then looked at Yesung.

'Can you get the troops ready? I want to give them some encouragements.' Yesung nodded before leaving the groups to prepare what Leeteuk had ask of him.

 

'Kibum and Hangeng, are you guys ready?' Donghae asked the two men that was standing side by side behind him.

'Yes.' They both answered. Donghae nodded.

'What you're about to do is very dangerous.' Leeteuk told them.

'It'll be hard to move the villagers to the santuary without escaping The Wise Man's attention.'

'But it is the first thing we must do before this war occurs, the people has to be the top priority.'

 

'We understand completely.' Kibum answered with a confident smile.

'Don't worry hyung we will be very careful. From what I've been told by our spies, The Wise Man haven't left the mansion once especially during night time.'

 

'That's right, we will do it by plan and start from phase one which is to transfer one house at a time.' Hangeng was the one who spoke this time.

'It'll be risky but it's the best option we've got since we don't know if the Sapphire Blue flower will ever be found.'

 

'But don't you think it's weird?' Kangin suddenly spoke making all heads turned to him.

'It's been two days since we left the mansion and seek refuge here in the mountains but The Wise Man haven't done anything to the villagers.'

'I thought that he would use some sort of magic or spells on them to take his side. Why did he only used them on the guards?'

 

'Because that's not what he's after.' Zhoumi replied. They all looked at him.

'Don't forget what I've told you before, The Wise Man only cares about one thing and one thing only which is The Terra of Demeter.'

'He does'nt care about this war just for the sake of it. He only wants this war to happen so that Ryeowook would break his seal and turned into that monst- I mean you know.' He quickly switched his words as he saw the look on Donghae's face.

'But of course we don't know what really is the purpose of him wanting that Terra of Demeter to appear.'

 

'Whatever it is, it's not good at all I'm sure.' Sungmin uttered worriedly. They all agreed in silence at his words.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryeowook sat in silence as he watched his brother and the rest of the group discuss things that he was sure had something to do with the war, the flower, the village, the attack and such. As much as he wanted to participate actively in their discussion, his wounds were killing him. He had it bandaged early but somehow the pain just seemed like they won't go away. Ryeowook sighed a little as he leaned against the wall which is actually a tree trunk that was used as a house wall. His eyes wandered around until they landed on Heechul, his brother. His beloved older brother. He found himself smiling as he said this.

 

'My beloved older brother.' He repeated those words again. After everything was finally revealed to him, he had never felt so relief and happier. He had always swallowed the harshness that Heechul was giving him even though his heart told him many times over and over again that was not his brother. From a parcel of his memories, he could tell that he and Heechul were so close back then. And he was glad those memories were true and that he got his brother back.

 

'I'm the luckiest person ever.' He said to himself this time.

 

Really where can you find such a brother that would sacrifice his happiness to the point of being hated by everyone elses like Heechul ? Ryeowook could feel his tears forming inside his eyes as he thought of this.

 

'Ah.' Ryeowook groned when he suddenly felt a pang on his chest. He quickly looked up, worried that the others had heard him. They didn't which relieved him so much. In all honesty, Ryeowook has been feeling weak. No scratch that, WEAKER. It was like his body is becoming more and more tired as each minute passes by. Sometimes even, it took him quite some time to just stand up. All of this had started since the attack that happened two days ago. He felt as if he was losing his soul, his self, it's hard to explain but it felt that way. Which why he couldn't bring himself to tell the others. If he did, they would end the entire search and give everything they have to bring him back home safe and sound. Their main priority right now is to find the Sapphire Blue flower and to protect the villagers. Not him. So there was no way he would ever tell them. Not until this whole mess is over at least.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'Alright lets make it quick people.' Hangeng said out loudly as he led the villagers out of the main gate. After seemed like forever, they had managed to move the entire villagers to the santuary safe and sound. There were some obstacles that they had to face like the guards that seemed like they were possessed who tried to stop them and hurt the villagers. But everything was finally over and they can now heave a huge sigh of relief.

'Make sure not to fall behind and stick close together.' He added.

 

'Mom be careful!' Both Kibum and Hangeng's attention were caught as they heard someone yelled from behind.

'I'll go check it out.' Kibum told Hangeng who just nodded.

 

Kibum walked passed the villagers to end of their line where he saw one boy and an older woman who apparently had fallen down to the ground. He could see the boy trying to help her up.

 

'Are you okay aunty?' Kibum asked as he helped her up as well.

 

'Ouh I'm okay I just fell down because I've missed that rock over there.' She pointed towards the rock as she said this.

'Thank you young man.' She then said.

 

'Are you sure you're okay mom??' The boy asked with a worried look on his face.

'I'm sure, don't worry Henry.' She assured him.

 

'Alright if you're okay lets keep up with the others.' Kibum uttered with a smile.

'We don't want to be left behind now do we?'

 

'Would we be able to see the Gaias there?' The boy called Henry asked as they continued their journey.

 

'They would come and visit to make sure the villagers are okay but they won't stay for long.' Kibum replied.

 

'Why is that?' Henry asked as he helped his mother passed a giant hole on the ground.

'It is because of what's happening? The war and everything.' Kibum merely nodded, not wanting to reveal much.

 

'You look worried.' Henry blurted out staring at Kibum's face. Kibum said nothing at this.

'Don't worry, we will win.' He said confidently.

 

'My dream says we will.'

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't proof read this cuz I'm quite sleepy so I apologise for any grammatical errors and spells. Do drop some comments ;)