Chapter 40

The Boy of Flame

'Do you think you would be able to keep up?'

 

Kyuhyun asked the smaller man that was sitting in front of him. Ryeowook looked up and nodded. There was no way he would stay behind. They still have to finish their mission and find that flower.

 

'But you don't look so well. Are you okay?' Kyuhyun was worried. Ryeowook looked even paler than before and it seemed those healing charms the friterbies gave him aren't working.

 

'I'll be fine. It's just the wounds but it's nothing too serious.' Ryeowook reassured the latter.

 

'Okay but make sure to inform me or the others if something's wrong alright?' Kyuhyun gave in not wanting to force his friend. Ryeowook merely nodded.

 

'Kyuhyun! Have you heard the message that Donghae sent us?' Shindong called out to him as he walked towards them. Kyuhyun turned around and shook his head.

 

'Nope I haven't I was doing something else when Eunhyuk hyung told you guys. What did the message say?'

 

 

Shindong began telling Kyuhyun and Ryeowook everything that had happened at the village. Both of them frowned when they found out how The Wise Man had taken control of the mansion and that the villagers are forced to leave their homes for safety. And to make matters worst, King Rubius had sent the date and time of the war to start which made them sick to their stomach. This could have been avoided if they had found that flower!

 

'I can't believe it! Two days??!' Kyuhyun shouted in frustration.

'Is this some of joke?! What happened to a month? Waiting for that barrier to be completely broken down? Not that I want it to but you know what I mean!' Kyuhyun almost kick the twig on the ground as he said this.

 

'Apparently, they don't care about that since the barrier is weaker so it's not that hard to just burst into it rather than waiting for a much longer time.' Shindong replied the younger man. He too was feeling the exact way as Kyuhyun.

 

'Which is why we musn't waste any time. We should start looking for that flower again.' Heechul suddenly behind them along with Eunhyuk and Siwon.

 

'But what good would that do?' Shindong questioned.

'I mean with or without that flower the war is going to happen anyways. We won't have enough time.'

 

'Two days is plenty of time to me.' Heechul simply answered.

'Lets not give up just yet and besides even if we can't restore the barrier and stop the war we can still used the power of that flower.' He added while his eyes staring warily at Ryeowook. Something was definitely not right with his brother.

 

'What do you mean?' Siwon asked as he stepped closer to them.

 

'Well, I've read somewhere that flower is very powerful and there's a formula to make a drink-juice-whatever from that flower and it will give the drinker powers beyond anything.' Heechul explained. They all nodded with 'ahh' and 'ouh' but it was still weird seeing Heechul talking 'normally' would them. He would usually lash out or yell or act all moody and everything. This was definitely a different and bizarre sight to them.

 

'But Teukie hyung gave his orders for us to stop the mission.' Eunhyuk told the older man.

 

'Well, tell him that we're counting the mission no matter what.' Heechul retorted. 

'Besides, it's safer for us to be here with Ryeowook than to be near The Wise Man or King Ribius if you know what I mean.'

 

Heechul was right. Even though they had been quiet about it they know that something was definitely going on with Ryeowook and they feared that his seal may have been broken by the attack ealier and since The Wise Man is a wacko old man that worships The Terra of Demeter it was eminently better for Ryeowook to stay away from him.

 

'I wonder if Teukie hyung and Donghae hyung and everyone else....the villagers..would be alright...' Ryeowook suddenly spoke after only watching them.

'I'm really worried.' Heechul crouched down in front of Ryeowook and his cheek gently.

 

'They'll be fine.' He told him.

'They're a lot stronger that you think.'

 

Ryeowook shocked by the sudden gesture and affection that Heechul was showing that he didn't know how to react. Heechul had never treated him so nicely like this, well, in the longest time that is. But still, he felt so happy and his heart was all warm and tingly on the inside.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

 

'Your majesty, I've heard from one of our spies that the Gaias had moved the villagers to some place safe.' 

 

'Well well well, that's no surprised.' King Rubius gave out a small laugh.

'It's always their 'people', the 'villagers' first when it comes to them.' He walked towards the window and looked at the many lines and lines of army below, feeling  extremely proud.

'No matter. Soon they will all be my people.' He then laughed loud viciously.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The sound of blood splashing can be heard through out the entire room. His right hand were holding a knife that was slowly cutting off his left hand. Usually, normal people would scream or cry out loud or they wouldn't do something like this for that matter. But he was not normal, he was different. He wanted power and for that he'd be willing to do anything and everything. 

The blood flowed continously as he finished tha last bit of cutting of his left hand. After that, he grabbed his now separated hand and walked towards a boiling pot. Once there, he carefully throwed his hand into the pot and green smoke was immediately formed after that, a satisfied smirk was formed on his face. He then grabbed a small bowl on top of the table and took a small strain of hair. 

 

'It's finally time.' He smelled the strain of hair, enjoying everything as he felt excited.

'You're mine little boy.' He laughed like a mad man at this.

 

He quickly throw the strain of hair into the boiling pot and black smoke appeared and he started to mumble jumbled of spells and charms.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

One and a half day move by quickly and they found themselves left with only a few hours before King Rubius would attack their village. The anxious and nerves were getting to them and they were extremely desperate.

 

'Shindong hyung how hard does it take to find a freaking flower?!' Eunhyuk yelled out in frustrations. His hands rummaging through his hair wildly.

'I mean for God sake it's only one flower!!'

 

'Eunhyuk calm down.' Siwon patted the blastical man's back gently.

'We'll find it.'

 

'Find it??! Don't be ridiculous Siwon we have no time left! No time!' Eunhyuk uttered. The tone of his voice sounded helpless.

 

'I don't understand.' Shindong said quietly. Despite Eunhyuk's outburst he was still calm.

'The map clearly say that it's around here somewhere but I can't find them.'

'Maybe I made a mistake while I was researching.'

 

'So what can we do now?' Kyuhyun asked the older man. At a time like this, he was thankful that he was a trained rider. Being calm and collected was something that he was taught since he was young especially during harsh time. But he couldn't blame Eunhyuk thou, the man was no rider it was only natural.

'Are you sure it's a mistake?'

 

'I don't think it is but I just..I don't understand.' Shindong said, defeated. He was sure that this was the place.

 

'Maybe it's not a mistake.' Heechul suddenly uttered from behind.

 

'How so?' Siwon asked him.

 

'Maybe it's here but we can't see it.' Heechul answered.

'Maybe it needs to find us instead of us them.'

 

'You're not making any sense right now hyung.'

 

'Well I don't think magical flowers just appear to people who search for them.' Heechul suggested. He was pacing back and forth.

'I believe they only appear to those who truly needs them.' He added.

 

'Okay...so how do we make ourselves feel...needed ?' Shindong questioned. His brows furrowed.

 

'That...I don't know.' Heechul sat on the ground, frustrated.

 

'Guys...I don't think that would be necessary.' Ryewook suddenly said. They all looked at him instantly.

'I think I found it....'

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

'Teukie hyung it's almost time.' Kangin told Leeteuk who was busy re-reading their war stratergies. Leeteuk at the younger man and nodded. He then stood up from his chair and followed Kangin outside. They were going to head for the village and get everything prepared.

 

'At a time like this, we could use someone will soil powers.' Kangin suddenly said. Leeteuk stayed quiet.

'If only one of you Gaias have soil powers! At least we could dig up our traps faster and not waste any time.' Leeteuk nodded.

'Lets just hope for the best hyung.'

 

Leeteuk was about to walk ahead and greet the army troops before they start their journey back to the village and give them encouraging words when Kangin called out to him again.

 

'Hyung.'

 

Leeteuk turned around and made a questioning face.

 

'Just, just don't die out there.' Kangin's words were almost trembling as he said this. Leeteuk felt a small pang inside his heart.

 

 

'You too Kangin.'

 

 

Was all that he could reply.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------