COUSINS REUNITED

Happily Ever After?

After landing safely at Incheon, Jessica and Yuri made their way down the jetway toward the luggage carousel. Jessica turned to Yuri. "So, how long will you be in Korea?"

“About three months…it’s a work thing. My cousin lives here so I’ll be staying with her,” Yuri answered. “She’s supposed to pick me up. Do you need a ride anywhere, Soo Yeon?"

The petite beauty smiled as she twirled her hair. "It’s okay, Yuri, I have a ride."

As they entered the baggage claim area, Jessica was met by a young man who took her carry-on and went to retrieve her luggage. Yuri glanced at the guy. That must be her boyfriend. I knew it...straight girl.

Jessica reached out to shake Yuri's hand. "Thanks for everything and for taking care of me. Maybe we'll run into each other in Seoul. Enjoy your stay with your cousin."

Thinking that she would likely never see the beautiful girl again, Yuri took Jessica's hand and gently kissed the back of it which sent chills up Jessica’s spine as soon as she felt the tomboy’s lips touch her skin. "You're very welcome, Soo Yeon, anything for a pretty girl like you. I hope we do run into each other again soon."

Jessica was surprised by Yuri's actions and at the same time flattered. She blushed, smiled at Yuri and then headed outside with Mr. Goh by her side to a white van parked at the curbside. As she walked out the double doors, she wondered…if she hopes to run into me again, why didn't she ask me for my number?

Yuri watched the beautiful girl walk away and the double doors close behind her. "Damn it, Yuri! Why didn't you ask for her number?" she cursed under her breath.

As soon as she got into the van, Jessica was greeted by Krystal and Amber. "Welcome back, unnie," Krystal said as she reached out and hugged her big sister. "How was your flight?"

"It was fine. I slept most of the way," Jessica said and sighed as she settled into the backseat of the van absentmindedly touching the place on her hand Yuri had kissed.

“We can't go yet. We need to pick up someone else before we leave the airport,” Amber said excitedly.

Jessica yawned and quietly asked, “Are we picking up another SM artist? I didn't see anyone I knew on my flight.”

Amber didn't hear the older girl and immediately jumped out of the parked van and ran toward the arrival area. She ran up to someone and gave the person a big hug. “Cuz! I can't believe you're really here!”

Jessica watched from the van as Amber broke her hug with the stranger. She was shocked to see that the person Amber was hugging was Yuri. Cuz? What the hell?

Amber dragged Yuri toward the van as the sisters stepped out onto the curb. Krystal and Jessica, this is my cousin Yuri…Yuri Liu. Yuri, this is my girlfriend Krystal Jung and her sister Jessica.”

Yuri glanced awkwardly at the girl she knew as Soo Yeon and then turned her attention to Krystal. "Hi Krystal, it’s nice to finally meet you. Amber, you didn’t tell me Krystal was this beautiful.”

The younger Jung blushed, bowed and reached out to shake Yuri's hand. “A handshake? Come on, give me a hug! Your Amber’s girl, so you’re family now,” Yuri said as she pulled Krystal in for a big hug.

Yuri then turned to Jessica. They greeted each other politely, acting like they had never met. “It’s nice to meet you, Yuri," Jessica said curtly.

"Nice to meet you too, Soo…I mean, Jessica. I can see that beauty runs in the Jung family.” Yuri replied. She then looked at Amber and Krystal who were standing particularly close to one another and smiled. Too bad that doesn’t run in the family.

Mr. Goh noticed the exchange between Jessica and Yuri from the front seat of the van and furrowed his brow, confused. He wasn’t aware of the conversation that had occurred on the plane between the two.

Yuri was embarrassed because she had lied to Jessica about how she knew about f(x) and didn’t disclose that she was related to Amber. Jessica was embarrassed because she had given Yuri the third degree about f(x) and also didn’t admit that she knew Amber or that Krystal was her sister.

Jessica glared at Yuri. So you’re a liar and a flirt too. I knew you were too good to be true. I know your kind, Yuri Liu. You’re a player and I hate players. She threw her best icy stare at Yuri who just smirked at her and looked the other way unaffected by the pretty girl’s glare.

“I bet you guys are hungry. Let’s go get something to eat…my treat!” Amber said as she helped her cousin load her bags into the van.

Suddenly, a hoard of screaming fans rushed towards them yelling, “Amber!!  Krystal!! Oh my God, it’s Jessica!!”

Yuri just made it into the van and closed the door before the crowd got too close. As they drove off, she glanced over at Jessica who was playing on her cell phone. Why were they screaming Jessica’s name?

In the van, Amber introduced Yuri to Mr. Goh. “Uncle Goh, this is my cousin Yuri Liu. She’s visiting from Los Angeles. Uncle Goh is one of our managers.”

Mr. Goh was confused. “She?” he muttered to himself as he shook Yuri's hand. “Welcome Miss Liu. If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to ask,” he said with a kind smile on his face.

“Thank you, sir. Please…call me Yuri,” the older tomboy replied.

Mr. Goh sat back in his chair with a puzzled look on his face. Okay, so he’s a she? Soo Yeon likes a she? I mean a girl. Well, I guess anything is possible with these kids nowadays…look at Amber and Krystal. Well, she seems nice enough, but is she right for Soo Yeon?

“Oh yeah! Can’t forget Ricky!” Amber chimed in. “This is Ricky, our driver. Ricky...Yuri. Yuri...Ricky.” Ricky smiled and waved while keeping his eyes on the road.

Hi, Ricky,” said Yuri. Hmm…he’s their driver…not Jessica’s boyfriend.

They soon arrived at the restaurant and were immediately seated since Amber frequented the place and knew the owner well. Their table was in the corner away from the main dining area which gave them extra privacy. Mr. Goh and Ricky sat just a few tables away. Jessica sat next to Krystal because she didn't want to sit next to the llama faced tomboy or her player cousin. Yuri and Amber were happy as clams sitting together and were playfully affectionate with one another throughout dinner.

“They’re so weird, Krys," Jessica whispered to her younger sister. "They look like two gay guys in love on a first date.”

Krystal laughed at her sister’s comment. “I think they look cute, unnie. My llama is so handsome and Yuri is really cute. She is also charming like Amber. Maybe it runs in the Liu family. I think we’re going to have some trouble when we get back to the dorm.”

Jessica scrunched her face. "Eeww. She’s alright, I guess. I don’t know if charm runs in that family, but it looks like gay certainly does."

“Be nice, unnie,” Krystal scolded.

“And what do you mean there’s going to be trouble at the dorm?" Jessica asked.

“Amber asked Lee Soo Man if Yuri could stay in the vacant studio apartment in the dorm that PD Joon used to occupy so she can be close by,” Krystal responded.  “Yuri is going to be here for 3 months and she shouldn’t stay in a hotel for that long. When the girls meet her, it might get crazy.”

Jessica’s pursed her lips as she sat back in her chair and crossed her arms. This should be interesting. I wonder what kind of girls Yuri really likes.

Throughout dinner, the cousins chatted away like they were the only ones in the entire restaurant. Jessica thought they were being rude, but Krystal reminded her of how much closer the sisters had become since Krystal joined SM for training. “Come on, unnie. They haven’t seen each other for four years. You can be so cold-hearted sometimes.” Jessica smirked and stuck her tongue out at Krystal.

After dinner, Ricky drove to the Jung residence rather than the SM dorm. Luckily for Jessica, she and Krystal were staying at their parents place tonight which was only a few minutes from the dorm. Jessica wasn’t sure how Yuri was going to react when she found out that Jessica was also an idol and lived in the dorms, and that Yuri had been singing her group’s song on the plane…another thing Jessica hadn’t been honest about.

The van pulled up to the Jung residence and the Liu cousins helped the sisters carry their bags to the door. As they walked their separate ways, both Yuri and Jessica glanced back at each other, their eyes meeting for a split second before they each turned away. Amber noticed the exchange between the two. What was that all about?