JEALOUSY

Happily Ever After?

Yuri and Amber helped the Jungs load their luggage into the car. Mrs. Jung couldn’t believe it was already Friday and was sad that she and Mr. Jung were leaving back to Seoul. They hugged their daughters goodbye and before they got into the car, Mr. Jung called Yuri over. “You and Amber keep my girls safe, okay? When you get back to Seoul, Mrs. Jung and I will be expecting you to come by the house for dinner sometime.”

Rather than hug Yuri, he gently elbowed her in the side which caused the tomboy to cringe and hold her side. Oww! I hate to think what he’d do if he didn’t like me.

As the car pulled away, Jessica stood by Yuri and called for everyone’s attention. “We can have a small party tonight, but nothing too big, okay? If we trash the house, my dad will have a fit.”

While the girls readied the house for the party, Amber and Hyo Yeon went down the list of who was coming to make sure they had enough food and drinks. “Hyo, how many people are coming?” asked Amber.

“Ten, I think…at least that’s how many people said they were coming. Let’s see…there’s Soo Young, Victoria, Sulli, Luna, Key, Jonghyun, Taemin, Minho, Donghae and Eunhyuk. Let’s just round it up to fifteen in case we get any surprise guests.”

 

Later that night

As Yuri sat on the beach next to the bonfire with Amber and the boys, Jessica grabbed Tiffany and dragged her to the patio.

“I’m going to do it tonight, Fany!”

“Do what, Jessi…the nasty with Yuri?” Tiffany teased. “Taeyeon would be proud!”

Jessica slapped Tiffany’s arm. “No, byuntae! I’m going to tell Yuri that I like her…actually, that I’m in love with her.”

Tiffany jumped up and down and hugged Jessica. “Finally! Oh my God! When are you going to do it?”

“I’m going to text her and ask her to meet on the patio at 9PM. The past couple of weeks have been wonderful. We’ve gotten so much closer and I really need to tell her how I feel…I want to be with her.”

“I’m behind you 100%, Jessi…we all are. You deserve someone who makes you happy and I think Yuri is the one.”

Jessica smiled. “Me too, Fany…me too.”

Jessica pulled out her cell phone and typed a text message to Yuri. She hesitated to hit the send button, but Tiffany grabbed her phone and did it for her. “It’s now or never, Jessi.”

Jessi: Meet me on the patio at 9PM. Don’t be late. Have something important to tell you.

Yuri: Ok beautiful. See u soon. :)

While everyone hung out and enjoyed the party, Hyo Yeon walked around looking for Jessica “Has anybody seen Sica? I have a surprise for her.” She had inadvertently invited someone to the party, someone whose presence was very unexpected…that someone was Tyler Kwon. He was a good friend of Hyo Yeon’s and also a friend of Jessica’s. Unfortunately, he was a friend that was known to be a bit too ‘friendly’, especially where Jessica was concerned.

When Tiffany found out what Hyo Yeon had done, she scolded her for inviting Tyler without checking if it was okay. Jessica had been trying to avoid him because of his recent unwanted advances toward her and the dating rumors that had popped up earlier in the year. He clearly had a thing for Jessica, but she didn’t feel the same way.

“, Hyo! You know that Jessica likes Yuri. She’s planning to confess to her tonight and doesn’t need anyone getting in the way…especially that pretentious prick. We can’t afford any more drama for the group this year, especially after what happened a few months ago with you and Joon Hyung.”

“I know, Fany…don’t remind me,” Hyo Yeon replied defensively. “What was I supposed do? Tyler is my friend and he's in town. He called and wanted to hang out. I couldn’t lie to him so I told him about the party. Don’t worry, he said he wouldn't bother Jessica.”

Of course, Tyler did exactly the opposite. He was someone who was used to getting what he wanted, and was persistent in his pursuit to make Jessica his despite her objections. When he arrived at the party and met up with Jessica, he followed her everywhere. He incessantly flirted with her and tried to get cozy with her every chance he could get.

“Isn’t that the guy that keeps trying to get into Sica’s pants?” Minho whispered to Amber as he pointed toward the house. Fortunately it wasn’t loud enough for Yuri to hear.

Amber elbowed Minho. “Shut up!”

Yuri didn’t need to hear Minho’s comment to notice that something was up. She watched Tyler and Jessica’s interactions from a distance and became extremely jealous. What the ? Who is that ? Why does he keep following Jessi? She’s been spending all of her time with him and hasn’t talked to me all night. I wonder if what she wants to tell me has anything to do with him.

Yuri suddenly remembered that she had to meet Jessica on the patio at 9PM. She looked at her watch. ! 9:05! She told me not to be late. As she rushed back toward the house, she looked up at the patio and saw Jessica leaning back against the patio wall with Tyler standing directly in front of her, leaning in for a kiss. At that moment, Yuri’s heart shattered. She couldn’t believe that Jessica had been leading her on this entire time. She was so angry that she couldn’t even speak. She turned around and ran back toward the beach right past the bonfire. Amber sensed that something was wrong and followed after her.

If only Yuri had stayed for another 10 seconds, she would have seen Jessica slap Tyler and then kick him in the balls. “Stay the away from me, you jerk! I told you I only want to be friends!” Jessica yelled as she shoved her unwanted suitor and made her way toward the beach to find Yuri.

“Minho, have you seen Yuri?” asked Jessica. “She was supposed to meet me on the patio.”

“She did head over to the house a little while ago, but came right back and headed down the beach. She looked a little upset.  Amber’s with her.”

“Oh ! She must’ve seen what happened,” Jessica muttered to herself and ran down the beach to find Yuri.

When she finally caught up to Amber and Yuri, she asked Amber if she could speak with Yuri alone. Amber nodded and headed back to the bonfire to give the two some privacy.

Yuri spoke up first. “Why don’t you just go back to your boyfriend, Jessi? He must be getting lonely not having you by his side after hanging out with you all night."

“He’s not my boyfriend!”

“Bull!” Yuri said angrily. “I saw you on the patio! You’re just pissed because you got caught! Was he the important thing you wanted to tell me about!?”

Jessica yelled back. “No! He’s not! He’s a friend! He tried to…I didn’t do anything, Yuri! And why are you so upset!? The last time I checked you and I were just friends!”

“You’re right…we are just friends! Nothing more!” Yuri scoffed.

“Can we please stop yelling and talk about this calmly? If you just let me explain what happened…”

Yuri quickly stood up. “ this! I’m done talking. I knew it was a mistake to think that we could…you know what, forget it! I shouldn’t have come here!”

Yuri ran back toward the beach house. She didn’t want Jessica to see her tears. She just wanted to get away from the cause of the pain she felt in her heart…she needed to get away from Jessica.

“What was a mistake, Yuri!?  Jessica called out. “Where are you going!? Please stay and talk to me!”