OH BABY!

Happily Ever After?

Yuri walked back into the grand house and was greeted by Hyo Yeon and Sunny. “There you are, Yuri,” Hyo Yeon called out. “Amber is looking for you.” Sunny looked around and asked, “Where’s Sica?”

“Tae and Tiffany took her home. She was tired,” Yuri answered. She then linked arms with both girls and smiled. “Now let’s go and find that llama cousin of mine.”

As Yuri took a few steps in the direction of the backyard reception, she heard the faint sound of a car horn. The honking grew louder and louder and now sounded like it was coming from just outside the house. “Hold on, Sunny and Hyo. I want to see what’s going on outside.”

“It’s probably just someone’s car alarm,” said Sunny.

Yuri opened the front door and walked out to the driveway. She noticed Taeyeon’s SUV as it pulled up in front of the house with the hazard lights flashing and horn honking. She rushed towards the car fearing the worst.

Tiffany immediately jumped out of the car and yelled, “Yuri, thank God you’re here! I think Jessica’s in labor! She started having some cramping and then all of a sudden there was this big gush of fluid from down below! We were going to take her to the hospital but the house was closer and Jessi insisted we come back here!”

Yuri opened the car door and found Jessica breathing heavily while clutching her stomach in pain, “She’s coming, Yuri! Oh my God! The baby is coming! I can feel her! She wants to come out now!” Yuri quickly picked up Jessica from the backseat and laid her down in the back of the SUV. Tiffany put the rear seats down and climbed in the car. She rested Jessica’s head on her lap and held her hand.

While Yuri made sure Jessica was comfortable in the back of the car, Sunny returned from the house with Amber, Krystal and Seohyun in tow.

Yuri tossed her keys at Amber. “Amber, go get the black bag out of the trunk of my car.” She turned to Taeyeon. “Tae, you call 911.” She then gave Krystal her cell phone. “Krys, please call Jessica’s OB. Her name is Dr. Davidson. Tell her Jessica’s in labor and that we’ll meet her at the hospital.”

Amber handed her cousin the bag and Yuri quickly put on some gloves and examined Jessica. She was a bit startled by what she found. “Jessica…babe…I need you to focus on my voice and do exactly what I tell you. Our little girl wants to come out and she wants to do it first.”

“What!? She was head down at my last visit! She’s not supposed to be here for another two weeks!”

“Well, it looks like she changed her mind. You’re almost fully dilated and this little one is not going to wait. I’m going to have to deliver her breech so do exactly what I say. You can do this, babe…we can do this. Our little girl is depending on us.”

Yuri turned to the small group of friends gathered around. “Okay, who’s going to help me?” Seohyun quickly spoke up. “I’ll do it, Yuri oppa.” She then walked over and stood next to Yuri.

“Thank you, Seohyun. Put on a pair of those gloves. I’m going to need you to hand me some things from my bag after the baby comes out. I’ll tell you what I need when I need it, okay?”

“Okay, oppa. I’m ready,” Seohyun replied.

Hyo Yeon came running from the house with an armful of clean towels and put them in the back of the car. “Thanks, Hyo,” said Amber.

“Please get her out safely, Yuri! Please don’t let anything happen to our baby!” Jessica yelled between contractions.

“Okay, Jessi…just do what I tell you.  Focus only on my voice. I’m going to check you again.” Yuri gently examined Jessica. “Okay, you’re fully dilated now. Don’t push until I tell you to…”

Yuri skillfully delivered one little leg, followed by another. “Seohyun, hand me a towel.” Yuri placed the towel around the slippery baby’s little legs. “Okay, Jessi…don't push just yet…that’s it, babe...let the baby come down on her own. You’re doing great. Okay…it’s definitely a girl!” Yuri slowly rotated the baby and delivered one little arm at a time. “Okay, Jessi…give me a gentle push…nice and steady…not too hard now.” At last, the baby’s head was delivered.

Yuri asked Seohyun for the suction bulb. She suctioned the baby’s mouth and nose and then asked for two clamps and scissors. She clamped off the umbilical cord on two sides and cut in the middle. She then grabbed another towel and began to wipe the baby girl down, stimulating her to cry.

“Is she okay, Yuri!? Is she okay!?” Jessica called out.

Suddenly there was a loud, piercing cry. “Waaaaaaah! Waaaaaaah!”

“Like mother, like daughter. Just like a little baby dolphin!” teased Taeyeon.

Yuri wrapped the newborn in a clean towel and brought her to Jessica. “She’s just fine, Jessi. She’s absolutely beautiful…just like her mommy.” As Yuri handed the baby to Jessica to hold, she gave her a quick peck on the lips. “You did so well, babe. I love you. I can’t believe our little girl is here.”

“I love you too, yeobo,” Jessica replied as she cradled their daughter in her arms.

“What’s her name?” Sunny asked excitedly.

Jessica looked at Yuri. “It’s okay, yeobo…you can tell them.”  Yuri replied, “It’s Hannah…Hannah Jung-Liu Mi Young.”

Tiffany looked at Jessica with the biggest eye-smile as tears filled her eyes. “Really, Jessi? You’re naming her after me?”

“Fany, if it wasn’t for you Yuri and I might not have gotten back together. Would you like to hold your goddaughter?”

“Of course,” Tiffany said as she reached her arms out. She smiled at the small baby girl. “Welcome, little Mi Young. Happy birthday.”

Just then the ambulance pulled into the parking lot. As the paramedics made their way over to the car, Yuri identified herself as a doctor and gave the medics instructions. “It was a breech delivery with no complications. Mother and baby are fine. The placenta is still in utero and will be delivered at the hospital by her OB. Her name is Dr. Davidson over at Cedars Sinai. She’s waiting at the hospital.”

Yuri walked up to Amber and gave her a hug. “Sorry, Ambro…I would love to stay and celebrate with you, but the wife and kid need me.”

“It’s okay, gēge. I’m happy for you and Jessica. I hope one day Krystal and I have a family as beautiful as yours.”

“You will, Amber. Before you know it you’ll hear the pitter patter of little llama feet,” Yuri teased as she made her way over to Jessica and the baby.

Tiffany handed the baby back to Yuri while the medics prepared to put Jessica on the gurney to take her to the ambulance. Yuri walked up to Taeyeon and while speaking in a baby voice she faced the little baby girl toward Taeyeon. “I’m sowwy for the mess, Auntie Tae Tae. My mommies will pay to have your new car cleaned up.”

Taeyeon smiled at the brand new baby girl. “It’s okay, little Mi Young. You can mess up auntie’s car any day.” She then glanced over at Tiffany as she pointed at the baby. “Fany, I want one of those…okay?”