SAYING GOODBYE (part 2)

Happily Ever After?

Club Déjà Vu bathroom…

Yuri paced back and forth in the middle of the bathroom lounge. “It’s not that I don’t want to fight for her, Amber. I love that girl with my entire heart and soul. I would do anything for her, absolutely anything…but it takes two people to make a relationship work. As much as I love Jessica, if she doesn’t want to be with me then it doesn’t matter how I feel about her."

“At least talk to her and have things end the right way. Say what you need to say to her. You need closure, Yuri."

”Yeah, you’re right. I should probably do it before I leave Korea.” Yuri suddenly pounded her fist against the wall. “Damn it, Amber! I’m going to miss that girl so ing much! Promise that you’ll watch over her for me after I leave back to L.A.”

“Hey, don’t hurt yourself, gēge. I promise to keep an eye on Jessica for you.”

“Thanks, Ambro. That means a lot to me.”

Amber reached over and gave her cousin a well needed hug. “Are you going to talk to her tonight?”

“Yeah, I guess so. I’m here…she’s here. It’s now or never.”

 

Club Déjà Vu, main room

The loud music died down and the DJ announced overhead, “Now here’s a song for all of you lovers out there. Ladies and gentlemen, grab that special someone and head to the dance floor.” The song ‘Everytime We Touch’ started to play over the speakers.

*Right click on link below and open in new tab to hear song.*
 

Yuri looked over at the DJ booth. Damn! Why this song? You know what? it! I’m just going to go for it…one last dance with Jessi. Yuri approached Jessica and took her by the hand. “Jessi…dance with me? Please?”

Jessica was surprised by the tomboy’s request. “No, Yuri…I can’t. I need to talk to you. Can we please go somewhere quiet and talk?”

Yuri looked directly into Jessica’s eyes and gently placed her index finger up against her soft pink lips to stop her from speaking. 

“Jessi, I know you don’t want to be with me and that you don’t feel the same way that I do about us. Whatever the reason, it won’t change the fact that we don't want the same things. Please do me the honor of dancing with me one last time.”

Jessica conceded and stood up. “Okay, Yuri. One last dance for you...”

I still hear your voice, when you sleep next to me
I still feel your touch in my dreams
Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why
Without you it's hard to survive
 

Inside Jessica’s heart ached. She knew that being so close to Yuri, having their bodies pressed together while they danced, was going to make it hard to say what she needed to say…harder for her to break Yuri’s heart again.

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling
And every time we kiss, I swear I could fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last
Need you by my side.
 

Yuri held Jessica tightly around her waist while Jessica rested her arms around the tomboy’s neck. They held each other close and stared deeply into one another’s eyes. Jessica could see the hurt in Yuri’s eyes.

'Cause every time we touch, I feel the static
And every time we kiss, I reach for the sky
Can't you feel my heart beat so...I can't let you go
Want you in my life
 

As Yuri fought back her tears, she pulled Jessica in closer. I’m so ing in love with you, Jessi. It feels so good to hold you again, but its killing me inside knowing this will be the last time. She shuddered when she felt Jessica’s beautiful form press against her.

Jessica nestled against Yuri’s chest and listened to the tomboy’s heartbeat. I love you so much, Yuri...that’s why I have to let you go. Please forgive me, baby. Tears fell from Jessica’s eyes as they moved in unison to the music.

Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky
They wipe away tears that I cry
The good and the bad times, we've been through them all
You make me rise when I fall
 

Yuri then pulled back and stared intently into the eyes of her ex-lover. Jessica was immediately drawn into the handsome tomboy’s gaze. She bit her lower lip as she held back from kissing Yuri. She wanted so badly to feel her soft lips, to taste her beautiful mouth once again. Their first kiss, the first time they made love ran through her mind.

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling
And every time we kiss, I swear I could fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last
Need you by my side
 

Yuri quietly spoke. “Jessi, you are really beautiful, you know? Will you please grant me one last request?”

“What is it, Yuri? What do you want?”

“Just one kiss…we shared our first kiss to this song. Can we please share our last kiss to it as well?”

'Cause every time we touch, I feel the static
And every time we kiss, I reach for the sky
Can't you feel my heart beat so...I can't let you go
Want you in my life
 

That was all that needed to be said. Jessica caressed the back of Yuri’s neck and pulled her face closer to hers. She pressed her soft lips against the tomboy’s, gently at first, and then parted her lips inviting Yuri’s tongue to enter. Yuri kissed Jessica softly and deeply while their tongues caressed in each other’s mouths. They pulled each other closer and poured all the love they had for one another into an intense, passionate kiss - oblivious to the fact that they had stopped dancing and were kissing in the middle of the dance floor for all to see.

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling
And every time we kiss, I swear I could fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last
Need you by my side.
 

Amber nudged Krystal with her shoulder as they watched Yuri and Jessica. “Babe, I think it’s working. I think they found their way back to each other.” Krystal turned and kissed Amber on the cheek.  “I hope so, Am. I just want unnie to be happy, she deserves it. Yuri is her happiness.”

'Cause every time we touch, I feel the static
And every time we kiss, I reach for the sky
Can't you feel my heart beat so...I can't let you go
Want you in my life
 

As the song ended, Yuri broke their kiss as tears streamed down her face. “I love you, Jessica.”

Jessica gently caressed Yuri’s face and wiped away her tears. She was overwhelmed by the intensity of her feelings. “I lov…” Yuri suddenly cut Jessica off before she could finish.

“This really was all a game to you, wasn’t it? You never really believed in us. I guess I lose for being the one to fall in love and for believing it was real. Congratulations…you won. I will never bother you again. Have a nice life, Soo Yeon. Goodbye.”

With those words, Yuri broke their embrace and walked out of the club leaving a speechless Jessica standing alone in the middle of the dance floor, tears pouring down her face. The pain in her heart was unbearable. She couldn’t move, she couldn’t speak…she was in shock as she watched her true love walk away from her and out of her life. Her worst nightmare had come true. She suddenly collapsed onto the floor.

Krystal rushed over to her sister and placed her head on her lap. Jessica was barely conscious and muttering incoherently. Krystal leaned in closer to her sister. “Jessica! Jessica! It’s okay, unnie! I’m here! Soo Jung is here! What are you trying to say?”

“I love you, Yuri…I’m sorry…please don’t leave me…I want us again…I need you…” Jessica then fainted onto Krystal’s lap.

“Amber! Go find Yuri now! Unnie needs her! She wants her back!”

With that Amber was off and running out the door to find her cousin...