FINDING JESSICA JUNG

Happily Ever After?

Seoul

“Oh ! What a ing mess! I’ll make some calls, gēge. Don’t worry, we’ll find her,” Amber said trying her best to reassure Yuri who had just called and told what had happened at the condo that morning. Amber immediately called Krystal who tried numerous times to reach Jessica, but she wasn’t answering her phone. Amber decided to call Tiffany to let her know what was going on.

 

Los Angeles

Tiffany told Amber that she hadn’t seen Jessica since she left with Mr. Goh to go find Yuri. After she hung up with Amber, she tried numerous times to call Jessica who wasn’t answering her phone. She then texted Mr. Goh and briefly explained the situation to him.

I knew it…Yuri still loves Soo Yeon, Mr. Goh thought as he sent a quick text back to Tiffany. He had taken Jessica to Melrose Avenue to ease her broken heart with some shopping.

Tiffany grabbed a cab and met Mr. Goh outside of the shop that Jessica was in, which happened to be a jewelry store. Tiffany walked in and found Jessica looking at rings.

“Have you ever thought about marrying Taeyeon, Fany?” Tiffany was startled. She didn’t realize that Jessica had seen her walk into the store. “Until I met Yuri I never really thought about marriage. I didn’t believe in true love or happily ever after. Yuri changed all that.”

“Of course I think about marrying Tae. We might do it…someday. I don’t dwell on it though…we’re still young and enjoying our time together now.”

“If I ever get married I would want that ring…the one right there. See it?” Jessica gestured to a beautiful engagement ring in the center of the display case. “Excuse me, sir? May I see that ring please?” She tried on the ring and held out her left hand admiring its brilliance. “It’s a perfect fit.”

“It’s beautiful, Jessi. Don’t worry, you’ll get married someday. It’ll happen.”

Jessica returned the ring to the salesman. “It might, Fany,” she said as a tear rolled down her face, “just not with Yuri. I lost my chance…I found my one true love and allowed my fears and insecurities to get in the way. Now she’s engaged to someone else.”

“Jessi, listen to me. I know what happened at Yuri’s this morning. It’s not what you think. That girl is not Yuri’s fiancée.”

Jessica mumbled, “It doesn’t matter…”

“What did you say?”

“I said it doesn’t matter, Fany. Who am I kidding? Why did I even bother to come to Los Angeles to look for her? She made it perfectly clear that she wants nothing to do with me. She never answered my calls or texts…she returned all my letters. It’s been six months and she never tried to contact me. I was delusional to think I could fix this.”

“Oh Jessi, you have no idea, do you? Yuri still loves you. How do you think I found out about what happened this morning? She figured out that it was you who came by her condo. She’s trying to find you. She loves you!”

“It doesn’t matter. If I didn’t come to L.A., Yuri would never have looked for me on her own. She’s just confused about her feelings. It wasn’t fair of me to come here and disrupt her life. She’s better off without me.”

“Damn it, Jessi! You are Yuri really are perfect for each other! You are both so ing stubborn! You love each other! Why are you being so stupid?” Tiffany yelled as Jessica ignored her and walked out of the store.

Tiffany couldn’t believe Jessica was giving up on Yuri. I have to fix this, Jessi. You belong together. A look of hope suddenly came over her face. She slipped the jeweler $1000 in cash and gave him Yuri’s name. “This is a deposit for the ring my friend tried on. Please hold it for Dr. Yuri Liu. She'll pick it up later today.” You’ll thank me for this later, Jessi.

Tiffany took a picture of the ring with her phone before leaving. She sent a quick text to Yuri with a picture of the ring. It was a lucky thing that she remembered to ask Amber for Yuri’s new cell number.

Tiffany: If you truly love Jessi and want to be with her, this is the only way. Ring on hold in your name, Melrose Custom Jewelers. Go buy it now. Will call you later to explain. Treat Jessi well or I’ll get Taeyeon to kick your .

Yuri: Propose?  R u crazy? We aren’t even together. What about that Taec guy?

Tiffany: She was never with Taec! It was a lie. She loves u! No time to explain. Pls trust me. If u want to be with her, u need to propose.

Yuri: Ok. I’ll do it. Ring looks expensive. Gonna blow my car fund.

Tiffany: Hot car or hot wife? U decide.

Yuri: Hot wife! Wait - need grandma Liu’s permission! She will kill me!

Tiffany: No time for that. Gma will understand. Do it or u lose Jessi 4ever! Will text u later where to meet her. Have to go.

Yuri: Ok. Thanks, Tiffany.

Yuri put her phone down and smiled. Well, I did tell Amber that Jessi was the girl I wanted to marry…looks like it’s going to be sooner rather than later. My life just hasn't been the same without her. I really miss her and I still love her just as much as I did before I left Korea, maybe even more now. I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder. It’s now or never, Liu. I just hope she says yes.