THE PLAN

Happily Ever After?

Since the night of the confrontation, Jessica became noticeably absent from group outings and other social events. While she spent some of her free time with Taecyeon to keep up the ruse that they were a couple, she mostly stayed at the apartment she had purchased a couple of years before. She had occasionally stayed at the partially furnished place, but when Girls’ Generation’s comeback activities started up, it was easier to stay at the SM dorm with the rest of the girls.

Being at her apartment gave Jessica solace from the constant questions from her group mates and her parents about what had happened between her and Yuri. It also prevented her from seeing the one person that was constantly on her mind. I miss you so much, yeobo. I hope you’re doing okay. As she stared off into the distance thinking about the tomboy, she was brought back to reality by her beeping phone. It was text from Tiffany.

Fany: Where are you? With Taec?

Jessi: No. I’m at my place. He’s not here. Why?

Fany: Let’s go out tonight. Just us girls.

Jessi: Don’t feel up to it. Sorry.

Fany: Please, Jessi. We miss you. I miss you.

Jessi: Who’s going?

Fany: Me, Tae, Sunny and Hyo.

Jessi: Just you guys. No one else?

Fany: No one else. Please come. We won’t stay out late. We won’t talk about Yuri, I promise.

Jessi: Okay. Just for a couple of hours. I need a drink.

Fany: Awesome! Tae and I will pick you up at 9 PM.

Tiffany had tried to reach out to her best friend on several occasions, but whenever she brought up Yuri’s name, Jessica refused to talk about her. She was at least glad to see that Jessica was willing to hang out after isolating herself from everyone since the break-up.

 

Club Déjà Vu

Krystal’s P.O.V.

I hope things go smoothly tonight. I feel so bad for Yuri. She’s really been having a hard time since this whole mess began. To top it off, the countless stories and pictures of Jessica and Taecyeon in the news certainly didn't help.

I still don’t know what’s going on with that sister of mine. I’ve tried to talk to her, but she refuses to talk to me about what happened. She won’t talk to anyone about it, not even Tiffany, and completely avoids Yuri and all of the places they use to frequent together.

Things between her and Yuri were going so well since our trip to Thailand. I have never seen unnie so happy and so in love like that before. She would absolutely glow when Yuri was around. It’s like Yuri melted through her Ice Princess persona. Something about their relationship seemed to complete her and I noticed the twinkle in her eye whenever she would look at Yuri, something that I never saw with anyone that she dated in the past. I know she doesn’t love Taecyeon. She just doesn’t look at him the same way.

I really believe that she found her soul mate in Yuri, just like I did with Amber. She even told me that Yuri was her true love. I hope our plan goes well tonight and those two idiots would just admit that they can’t live without each other and get back together. I can’t believe it’s only been a week since everything happened.

 

Yuri’s P.O.V.

I don’t know why I agreed to come out tonight. The club is so crowded and loud. It’s a real meat market tonight. I can feel all these women ogling me. I’ll never get used to that. At least they have my favorite tequila here. Boy, I’d better slow down…I’m already starting to feel a little buzzed.

I wonder how late Amber and Krystal want to stay. I’m really not in the mood to be out tonight, especially here, the place where I first danced with Jessi and fell in love with her. God, I miss her so much.  I wonder how she’s doing…

 

Amber’s P.O.V.

I feel so bad for gēge. She came to vacation here in Korea and hang out with me. Now look at what happened. It all started as a stupid game, but her and Jessica ended up falling for each other. Now she has to deal with all of this . Man, these Jung girls can be so difficult sometimes. I mean Krys and I have had our ups and downs, but we always manage to work things out. It doesn’t hurt that she’s also so frickin’ beautiful and makes me so incredibly happy. She’s my perfect little princess.

Anyway, I know that Yuri and Jessica really have something special. There is this unspoken connection between them, not something you see often. I know now that that’s what I saw the first night they met when I caught them looking at each other. You just know that they were meant to be together. I just want to know what the hell happened to make it end so suddenly.

After the Thailand trip, things were great. They spent all of their free time together and would talk on the phone or text when they couldn’t be together. Granted, they had to be discreet in public, but they seemed pretty happy. I know Yuri was a little stressed out at first about having to hide her relationship, but she said it didn’t matter because she would do anything for Jessica. Then all of a sudden it was all over.

I tried to convince Yuri not to give up and to keep reaching out to Jessica because I know how much she loves her. She told me that if Jessica wanted to be with her, they would still be together. She said she had to respect Jessica’s decision, and that it was pointless to try and force her way back into her life.

Maybe the pressures of being a celebrity/idol and the general non-acceptance of being gay in Korea got to Jessica. Maybe she chose her career over love. Maybe she never really loved Yuri. Nah, that can’t be it! I know that Jessica loves her. She told Krystal that Yuri was her true love.

I hope our plan works. I really do. I just want the two of them to be happy. They belong together and they just need some help to realize that. Let’s hope things go well tonight, for all of our sakes…

“Oh ! She’s here!”

Jessica walked into the club with Tiffany and Taeyeon. She scanned the crowed looking for Sunny and Hyo. “Now where are those two? Sunny waved and signaled them over to the table. “Over there, near the dance floor,” said Tiffany after spotting Sunny.

As she walked over and greeted Sunny and Hyo Yeon, Jessica didn’t notice the familiar face standing at the bar. Unfortunately, someone else did. A beautiful young woman walked up to bar, her eyes zeroed in on her target. As she walked toward the object of her desire she pretended to trip, falling into the line of sight of her prey.

“Gotcha!” Yuri said as she reached over and caught the girl mid-fall. “Be careful, miss. I wouldn’t want to see a pretty girl like you get hurt.”

The girl reached up and wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck. “Oh my God! I can’t believe how clumsy I am. Thank you for catching me.” Their faces were so close that Yuri could smell the strawberry lip gloss on the girl’s lips. It was the same lip gloss that Jessica used which sent Yuri’s senses reeling.

The girl suddenly pressed her lips against Yuri’s which caught the tomboy completely off-guard. Her lips were soft and inviting, almost soothing to Yuri. It was a moment of weakness for the tomboy who had been feeling nothing but pain and sorrow for the past week.  The shots of tequila she had earlier didn’t help either. At that moment she did what made her feel good…she kissed the girl back.

At that exact same moment, Jessica happened to turn and look toward the bar. She was shocked when she saw Yuri kissing some girl. What the !? Who is that and why is she kissing my yeobo!?

Jessica immediately stood up and stormed toward the bar. She grabbed the girl by the hair and pulled her away from Yuri, breaking the kiss and sending the girl down onto the floor. “Hands off, !”

Yuri was shocked to see Jessica standing between her and the girl she had just kissed. “Jessi? What are you doing here?”

Back at the table, Hyo Yeon whispered to Sunny, “Was this part of the plan?” Sunny kept her eyes on the action and shook her head ‘no’.

“Shut up, Liu!” Jessica yelled and then turned her attention back to the girl.

The girl stood up and brushed her hair out her face and yelled back, “What do you mean hands off, !?”

“Hara? Oh my God! What the are you doing kissing Yuri!?”

“Why can’t I kiss her? I heard you guys broke up, so technically she’s fair game,” scoffed Hara.

Jessica gave Hara her deadliest glare. “You need to back off…now!”

“Seriously? Whatever, Jung…I don’t know what kind of twisted game you’re playing, but if you really want her that badly, she’s all yours. There are plenty of other fish in the sea.” Hara laughed and walked away.

“Take it easy, Jessica. She meant no harm. What do you care anyway?" asked Yuri.

“I did you a favor…trust me,” Jessica said and walked away back to her table. She was fuming inside and wanted to slap Yuri for kissing Hara, but she couldn’t. Hara was right…Yuri was fair game. Jessica had to pretend like she didn’t care.

Jessica was almost in tears. She hadn't seen Yuri since the day she decided to end their relationship, and didn’t expect to see her again this soon. She wanted so badly to run back over to the bar and hug Yuri, to kiss her and tell her how much she loved her and that she was sorry for everything.

"Fany, you didn’t tell me Yuri was going to be here! Taeyeon, Sunkyu, Hyo Yeon! Did you guys know about this!?”

Amber suddenly appeared in front of Jessica. “It was my idea to invite Yuri out tonight. Don’t blame these guys. They didn’t know anything about it. You don’t seem to have time for anyone but Taecyeon nowadays so I really didn’t think you were going to show up.”

Amber was lying. She knew full well that Jessica would be at the club tonight. She, along with Tiffany and the others, had planned on it. They all just wanted Jessica and Yuri to see each other...to talk and work things out. The little drama with Hara really wasn’t part of the plan, but was icing on the cake nonetheless. Anyone who knew Jessica well could see that she still had feelings for Yuri after that little showdown.

Jessica was surprised to see Amber and Krystal at the club. She threw an ice cold glare at Amber. “What the hell are you doing here!?” she asked as she stepped forward to slap Amber. Krystal suddenly stepped in and grabbed her wrist. “Unnie, please don’t make a scene.”

Yuri heard the commotion and turned around to see Krystal standing between Amber and Jessica, along with the rest of the girls nearby. She walked over and said a quick hello to everyone making sure to avoid any eye contact with Jessica, and then excused herself and headed for the restroom. Amber followed quickly behind her.